AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your age group?
14 or Under 3 1.82%
14 -18 64 38.79%
19 - 24 83 50.30%
25 - 29 11 6.67%
30 or Over 4 2.42%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-06-07, 10:39   Link #61
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I don't see why people are against grown men living with their mothers.

Great food, free cleaning and laundry services!
I would comment on that, but I won't...
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 10:51   Link #62
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I hope I didn't offend you, it wasn't a "Women belong in the kitchen!" comment, it's just that why move out too early when you get so many benefits for staying .

For example, in Italy it's not unusual for men to live with their mothers until they're 25-30 years old.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 10:52   Link #63
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
Hey you adults you should not be watching cartoons

They are NOT CARTOONS!

3 females (15,18, 30 something-very addicted)

and

1 (13 male) however he's not addicted so he don't count.

cartoons... bleh... I'll refer to C.o.C.K. and see if a member can be banned for typing "that" word?

*uhm...still living with momma eh? Well, if it's "normal" where you live then fine, but otherwise... what woman will take him serious? I surely woudn't*

Guess I should stop burning J-Pop songs for MY mom then eh?
I like that song let it play-listening to "Flower-L'Arc en Ciel" my new fav song!"

Last edited by pathyfinder; 2004-06-07 at 11:04.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 11:12   Link #64
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I hope I didn't offend you, it wasn't a "Women belong in the kitchen!" comment, it's just that why move out too early when you get so many benefits for staying .
I leech off my mom pretty nicely too, even though I'm just 19 so I guess it's "ok" for me to still be here, heh heh. Oh and btw, "women belong in the kitchen" is wrong, but "mothers belong in the kitchen" isn't XD which is why I don't ever want to become a mom, lol..
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 11:50   Link #65
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi sensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I don't see why people are against grown men living with their mothers.

Great food, free cleaning and laundry services!
I would comment on that, but I won't...
I would. Mothers are preferrable to a certain age for their love-filled gentle fussing. Then its time to move on and get ones love-filled fussing from a younger woman, preferrably from a same age group. And if one is lucky and extremely good then she should do the "great food", "free cleaning" and "laundry" bid for no more than one day. Long live the female species. In average, they already outlive the male species.

Smell you laters..
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:57   Link #66
Kakashi Sensei
LstSrvvngSskeFnGrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I would. Mothers are preferrable to a certain age for their love-filled gentle fussing. Then its time to move on and get ones love-filled fussing from a younger woman, preferrably from a same age group. And if one is lucky and extremely good then she should do the "great food", "free cleaning" and "laundry" bid for no more than one day. Long live the female species. In average, they already outlive the male species.

Smell you laters..
*cough* Hentai... *cough* Anyway...

I pity the man who thinks he'll marry a woman and expects her to be cooking and cleaning all day. That's the man who is sitting at home with mommy, 30 yrs+, can't do his own laundry, and will never marry...

In fact, I pity the man who can't do his own laundry! Actually, no, I don't pity you... look at Naruto! He's had to do his own laundry his whole life! And there you are, not knowing how to seperate the lights from the darks!

I sound like a mother, don't I?

A man who can't cook and clean on his own isn't a man at'll.

Edit: No, I wasn't offended. If a woman will put up with that stuff, it's her own fault. Also, leeching off mommy if you're like 30 is just plain... leechy. Get a girlfriend, get a job, get married, get a life! A woman wants a man who is independent, or knows he will be (for those of you who are 18~25, it's okay to be at home).
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 12:58   Link #67
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Mothers are preferrable to a certain age for their love-filled gentle fussing. Then its time to move on and get ones love-filled fussing from a younger woman, preferrably from a same age group. And if one is lucky and extremely good then she should do the "great food", "free cleaning" and "laundry" bid for no more than one day.
Now you guys understand

Correct, This isn't going to happen with a man STILL living with a mom.

The "younger one" is going to be able to take care of ALL his needs
*note if she don't-move on*Chores are shared*

I started watching anime because one I was literaly triping over the stuff in the house. I also was asked so many times to make sure a d/l was done or to start one I started watching more.... then I realized anime is better then most crap on TV. A pure vacation for the mind
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 13:05   Link #68
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by netyello
Dude, that is the one. Real life saver there man. I have always wondered what the name of the toon was. Back on topic, I really don't see a problem with anyone of any age watching anime but to each his own I guess.
Looks like I'll be the same age as you netyellow
Old 2004-06-07, 16:24   Link #69
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei
*cough* Hentai... *cough* Anyway...

I pity the man who thinks he'll marry a woman and expects her to be cooking and cleaning all day. That's the man who is sitting at home with mommy, 30 yrs+, can't do his own laundry, and will never marry...

In fact, I pity the man who can't do his own laundry! Actually, no, I don't pity you... look at Naruto! He's had to do his own laundry his whole life! And there you are, not knowing how to seperate the lights from the darks!

I sound like a mother, don't I?

A man who can't cook and clean on his own isn't a man at'll.

Edit: No, I wasn't offended. If a woman will put up with that stuff, it's her own fault. Also, leeching off mommy if you're like 30 is just plain... leechy. Get a girlfriend, get a job, get married, get a life! A woman wants a man who is independent, or knows he will be (for those of you who are 18~25, it's okay to be at home).
Wow, that was greatly put. Mind if I copy paste that into a .txt file so I can put it in the face whenever I meet a manly pig? Of course there'll be a Copyright thingy at the bottom :P
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 16:31   Link #70
knightmare
::bloom to perish::

Send a message via AIM to knightmare Send a message via Yahoo to knightmare
I'm 17 tomorrow, yay!! And I watch lots of anime. I think Naruto is enjoyable, like most animes, for all ages. I think this has kinda turned into a "why a man living with his mom at the age of 30 is wrong!" hehe.
knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 17:21   Link #71
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
Oh and btw, "women belong in the kitchen" is wrong, but "mothers belong in the kitchen" isn't XD which is why I don't ever want to become a mom, lol..
Exactly, that's my reason for not becoming a mom as well... Oh, and for the fact that I'm a guy
A 30 year old man living with his mother: I'd think something fishy is going on between the two ...
Old 2004-06-07, 20:10   Link #72
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

I'm an over 40 geezer. And I'll watch what I want damn it! The more blood and violence the better.
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 20:16   Link #73
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder
[SIZE=1]

I started watching anime because one I was literaly triping over the stuff in the house. I also was asked so many times to make sure a d/l was done or to start one I started watching more.... then I realized anime is better then most crap on TV. A pure vacation for the mind

I'm the other way. I've been cramming anime down my kids throat since she was born (literally) and I complain if she is watching something else which I think is lame and tell her to put on some anime for kami's sake.
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 22:31   Link #74
ImWeaseL
S-Class Missing Nin

Im currently 18 but have been living on my own since i was 16 going 17 when i started college.

In my opion, leaving home was very very very liberating since my mom was always very paranoid about EVERYTHING (but who could blame her. got hoospitalized 4 times for being too playful before i even turned 15 ). Although i say it was liberating, i still miss home sometimes.

My current semester about to end and i finally get to see my family after 8 months.
ImWeaseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 00:06   Link #75
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
I'm 15 my sis is 16! ^_^
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 00:09   Link #76
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Well im 16 still in High School Class 06 u kno that sorta age where i am. I dont believe when i grow up that ill stop watching Anime i hate the idea and i hope ill never do that.
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 00:48   Link #77
Kouji
StrykerX

I also hate the idea the fact that people ask you "aren't you a little too old for anime"? Absolutely not, because like I said, there's even guys and gals that like anime in that are well in their late teens to mid 20s.

Even I bet some of my favorite VAs of all time probably watch anime as well, like Scott McNeil, Kirby Morrow etc... Because how're they suppose to know which character to take in if they don't see the anime.
Old 2004-06-08, 08:40   Link #78
Eshu
Junior Ninja

23 here....

Anime is simply one thing to be into...you don't have to be any age to be 'into' something. I'll turn my kids into Otaku given half a chance and still watch any series that I find interesting.

and there's nothing wrong with liveing with your mom if your still in collage.
Eshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:04   Link #79
Retta
A/S/L...?

ive been into anime since i was a kiddo, my first anime was... captain tsubasa, transformers, starzinger.

after that tons of anime came....so ive been into it more then 10 years.

well im all around a jap freak...just love the culture, the music, the history, the legends, the food. damn...i better get a j-girl.
Retta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 10:13   Link #80
Nubixkube

I'd assume that more than likely, 10 years from now, there will be about the same number of 30 year old's watching anime as people in their 20's and teenage years. The main reason why there isn't as many watching it now, is because most 30 year olds still don't know how to use a computer

Seeing since, most teenagers and people in their early twenties are part of the "digital age", it makes sense that they have a higher chance of watching Anime seeing since its main means of distribution is over the internet.

50 years from now, if you have that same pole, you'll have to break it into years all the way up into the 60's.

As long as anime is still better quality than the shows on the tv stations, I'll continue to watch anime. I'll also try to have my kids watch it, because I believe that a child can learn alot more from watching Naruto than they can watching Bugs Bunny chew a carrot, Wylie Coyote jump off a bridge, or Sponge Bob Squarepants shit his pants (i'm not sure what the hell he does).
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote