Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 11:52   Link #9981
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Possible. But seriously: I also wouldn't have used it, if I were Ribbons.

Think about it: The Tau-drives aren't able to operate independently, like normal drives, so they are even more powered-out and useless after Trans-Am. So lets assume Ribbons went Trans-Am right away, and something went wrong. This would mean, that his machine would become useless about the time Setsuna's machine is back with full power. Then Ribbons would be in a really bad situation.
So trying to defeat him normally and only going Trans-Am when really needed is technically the better choice.
What could go wrong though? We've seen Bushido use Trans-Am and others with no problem - even the Revive and Hilling used Trans-Am more than once in the final battle, IIRC. We're not sure about the stability of of Reborn's TDS, so it's hard to tell.

So if Ribbons used Trans-Am while Setsuna was still recharging, Ribbons would've just pummelled the OO Raiser and it wouldn't have been able to quantize to avoid the fang barrage and probably would've taken out a chunk out of OO anyway, so by the time Reborn's Trans-Am wears off, there wouldn't have been much left of the OO for Ribbons to worry about.

No, I'm not saying that I want the bad guys to win, but lol... they could've.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:06   Link #9982
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Translation or Summary please
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 10:09   Link #9983
Halibel-sama
Tres Espada

Quote:
Possible. But seriously: I also wouldn't have used it, if I were Ribbons.

Think about it: The Tau-drives aren't able to operate independently, like normal drives, so they are even more powered-out and useless after Trans-Am. So lets assume Ribbons went Trans-Am right away, and something went wrong. This would mean, that his machine would become useless about the time Setsuna's machine is back with full power. Then Ribbons would be in a really bad situation.
So trying to defeat him normally and only going Trans-Am when really needed is technically the better choice.
IF that was the reason Ribbons didn't use Trans-Am on the get go, then he does not have any business being a Mobile Suit pilot. Someone who is afraid and has no faith in his machine doesn't deserve to be a pilot.

IMO, the reason why Ribbons didn't Trans-Am rape Setsuna was because he believed he didn't need to. Because he knows he's better, and he is, he doesn't need it to destroy someone who is inferior to him. Ego that is. Which is justified because he really is better than anyone as far as piloting goes.
Halibel-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 12:17   Link #9984
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibel-sama View Post
IF that was the reason Ribbons didn't use Trans-Am on the get go, then he does not have any business being a Mobile Suit pilot. Someone who is afraid and has no faith in his machine doesn't deserve to be a pilot.

IMO, the reason why Ribbons didn't Trans-Am rape Setsuna was because he believed he didn't need to. Because he knows he's better, and he is, he doesn't need it to destroy someone who is inferior to him. Ego that is. Which is justified because he really is better than anyone as far as piloting goes.
in fairness reborns gundam was the last gundam standing in the reborns vs double o match up and he did perform well in a 1st generation gundam up agaisnt a 3rd gen one so yeah i would say he is a very good pilot no doubt
Old 2009-04-13, 04:30   Link #9985
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

maybe ribbons didn't go trans am because he was saveing it 4 when setsuna will go trans am so that he can counter it besides it doesn't make sense to begin with one of your big weapons its better to save it
Old 2009-04-13, 04:31   Link #9986
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Quote:
Ribbons couldn't know, that Setsuna was out of particles and still recharging. Well, he could have guessed, since Setsuna used a really big load of particles before, but we have no idea on how much time as passed. It was enough time for Setsuna to land, go to Veda, have a little talk with Tieria, go back to his Gundam and launch. It has probably been at least about 10-15 minutes. Usually it should have been more than enough time for the drives to recharge.
Well that's the clincher isn't it? There's not much of a possibility Ribbons would have known.
But if he did know about OO Raiser's status, I was wondering would the fight turn out any different? Would he have used Trans-Am to finish him quick? Or would he not, because his A) ego or B) MS limitations? etc.

And yeah, now that someone brought it up, I'd say Setsuna and Ribbons might be about even in terms of piloting if not Setsuna being better. Setsuna after all, just fought against Regnant, then Gadessa and Garazzo, and a squad of A-LAWS suits on the episode prior to said fights while Ribbons came out with a fresh, brand new MS. Setsuna was still able to hold his ground, even overpowering Ribbon's once or twice in a sword clash (is this due to MS performance or pilot's skill?).
And not to mention Reborn Gundam having a crapload of weapons compared to OO Raiser at the time they started fighting.

There are certain variables in this fight that could have made the fight go either way, which is what made me enjoy this fight a lot and may have some potential discussion toward it.
Old 2009-04-13, 07:39   Link #9987
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Make it simpler guys >_>
Ribbons not use the Trans- Am before Setsuna using it, because he knows if he cannot finish Setsuna before the 00-Raiser have good ammount of Trans- Am duration Time, he will in deep Trouble.
so from the beginning Ribbons planned to use Trans - Am only if Setsuna use his Trans - Am to Counter it.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 07:49   Link #9988
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Make it simpler guys >_>
Ribbons not use the Trans- Am before Setsuna using it, because he knows if he cannot finish Setsuna before the 00-Raiser have good ammount of Trans- Am duration Time, he will in deep Trouble.
so from the beginning Ribbons planned to use Trans - Am only if Setsuna use his Trans - Am to Counter it.
Except Ribbons actually used Trans-Am first before Setsuna did, who just realized that he can use Trans-Am as well after noticing his suit recharged to a sufficient level.
Old 2009-04-13, 09:00   Link #9989
gundam rider

i hope this special edition stuff contains remade/new footages as with the Code Geass series,

or an alternate plot story telling to match the series's OP & ED animations, cuz i kinda think that the OP & ED movies, especialy season 2's are kinda a bit way-off from the series actual plot......

nah that never happens.......
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 16:29   Link #9990
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
Except Ribbons actually used Trans-Am first before Setsuna did, who just realized that he can use Trans-Am as well after noticing his suit recharged to a sufficient level.
aw... but it corrected a little of my theory isn't it
Ribbons only want use the Trans-Am if Setsuna using it too, knowing capabilities of his Tau GN-Adrive, if he forced use Trans-Am before setsuna, maybe he will face the same trouble alike when Setsuna with his 00 face Bushido in first time in 2nd season with Samurai Ahead Custom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
i hope this special edition stuff contains remade/new footages as with the Code Geass series,
and lelouch will appear with his colossal laugh

Quote:
or an alternate plot story telling to match the series's OP & ED animations, cuz i kinda think that the OP & ED movies, especialy season 2's are kinda a bit way-off from the series actual plot......

nah that never happens.......
it like hoping ASTRAY will get animated
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 20:37   Link #9991
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
it like hoping ASTRAY will get animated
Technically, Astray did get animated... as two 5-minute OVA's

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 09:42   Link #9992
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
With Tieria gone, and Allelujah travelling around the world... Do you think 2 new meisters will take their place in the movie?

Any confirmation the movie is not compilation movies like the Zeta did?

Last edited by Kelrys; 2009-04-14 at 10:26.
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:07   Link #9993
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
With Tieria gone, and Allelujah travelling around the world... Do you think 2 new meisters will take their place in the movie?

Any confirmation the movie is not compilation movies like the Zeta did?
I'm sure Tieria can make clones of himself now.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 12:41   Link #9994
gundam rider

errr...um, mr. Erde can still pilot a gundam even without his secks shell body, as it is clearly shown in the series afterall,
Unless they can upgrade the Haros to become combat independent & could even surpass a human operator's skills.....

Gundam meister Haro FTW?!.....
Old 2009-04-14, 12:45   Link #9995
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
errr...um, mr. Erde can still pilot a gundam even without his secks shell body, as it is clearly shown in the series afterall,
Unless they can upgrade the Haros to become combat independent & could even surpass a human operator.....

Gundam meister Haro FTW?!.....
They didn't really show him piloting it... just activating the Trial System, really.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:49   Link #9996
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
They didn't really show him piloting it... just activating the Trial System, really.
So having it disengage from Seravee, transform, and get it above the Celestial Being doesn't count as piloting?
Old 2009-04-14, 12:52   Link #9997
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So having it disengage from Seravee, transform, and get it above the Celestial Being doesn't count as piloting?
No, it doesn't. That's the equivalent of physical Tieria hitting a few buttons.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:54   Link #9998
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
No, it doesn't. That's the equivalent of physical Tieria hitting a few buttons.
Yeah, no. I imagine it takes more than a button-push to drive the Seraphim upwards.
Old 2009-04-14, 12:57   Link #9999
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, no. I imagine it takes more than a button-push to drive the Seraphim upwards.
For all you know, upwards movement of Seraphim may be part of the ejection sequence.

He couldn't even evade a beam from Reborn Cannon.
Inb4 "took him by surprise" --he has Veda's backup now.

His consciousness clearly wasn't busy with the Seraphim.
Old 2009-04-14, 13:01   Link #10000
gundam rider

Quote:
so, its just an auto-pilot or something else actually flying the Seraphim?...

Other than the Veda interface system?,

By the way, its kinda akward for Setsu-chan to shout out Tiera-hime's name onto an empty, pilotless Seraphim unit despite already knowing that he is actually floating inside Veda....

Tags
spoilers