Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 12:12   Link #461
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
two things need to happen...well three...but that goes without saying, since Hitsugaya already said the name of his move...

1) Halibel disposes of Hitsugaya's "ultimate, pulled out of my ass since I've been sucking the entire series technique."

2) Halibel face wrecks Hitsugaya, then Captain Turberculosis comes in for the rescue.
Or

3) Hitsugaya dresses Halibut up in a nice ice dress, that ain't two revealing.
Old 2009-05-24, 14:03   Link #462
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That doesn't mean it's excusable.
No it means it is expected in all shonen Jump series.

Quote:
Okay, there's been a bit of a misunderstanding. I believed that "plotkai" meant Plot devices. Yeah, you're right. There's aren't much plotkais. But there are a lot of Deus Ex machina's and cliches.

However, Ichigo's fight with Grimmjow was NOT going back and forth till the very end.

Ichigo was losing. His mask was falling apart. Grimmjow was getting more and more hits. Grimmjow even commented that he was losing. The music and atmospshere was set to make it look like he was losing.

Then all of a sudden Inoue shouts "KUROSAKI-KUN" and Ichgo catches grimmjows strike WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING and strikes..

Even after that hit Grimmjow was owning Ichigo! Grimmjow was still hitting Ichigo with shots and then all of a sudden unleashes a new powerful technique. So how does Ichigo respond? By simply carving through it like it's made of butter.
Ulquiorra:"That brat's reiatsu starts fluctuating, when his reiatsu is low it's inconsequential. But when it's high, it's greater than mine."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik
I know cliche, and shounen styles and that's why hollow saving his ass or something like that is cool. But I can't imagine someone else losing just because he somehow forgets that he has a super attack that would make him win the moment battle started.
Forget? No it's more like remember and that is why Ichigo won.

Quote:
Bleach dosn't have much plotkais as it has bad writing problems. .
It's not bad writing, not at all, It's bad reading!!
Old 2009-05-24, 15:27   Link #463
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He still needed some bankai training, he's even more noob than Renji when it comes to using it properly. Why does he even DO it actually, right now there's no difference whether he's in shikai or bankai, his opponents are just as fast if not faster and stronger.
Agreed. I can't really see any major differences apart from the change in clothes and black getsuga tensho. That being said, his bankai's abilities are useful, I think i understand where you're coming from since lately there has been a lack of "intelligent fighting" on ichigo's part. Getsuga tensho, hack and slash, rinse and repeat, no strategy what so ever

He's not using his surrounding environment to full effect like kira, or hitsugaya. So far I find kira's fight the most entertaining because he actually THINKS, retreat into a building and formulate a strategy.
Old 2009-05-24, 15:34   Link #464
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
Agreed. I can't really see any major differences apart from the change in clothes and black getsuga tensho. That being said, his bankai's abilities are useful, I think i understand where you're coming from since lately there has been a lack of "intelligent fighting" on ichigo's part. Getsuga tensho, hack and slash, rinse and repeat, no strategy what so ever

He's not using his surrounding environment to full effect like kira, or hitsugaya. So far I find kira's fight the most entertaining because he actually THINKS, retreat into a building and formulate a strategy.
yeah you are right...I started watching anime the SS arc again...and he really did use his head back in these earlier episodes...at the very least a little bit...but now...it's just sad...
and I really like kira's fighting style as well...it's much more interesting
Old 2009-05-24, 16:08   Link #465
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma View Post
So far I find kira's fight the most entertaining because he actually THINKS, retreat into a building and formulate a strategy.
Yeah, the most impressive thing and I'm glad they showed of Kira's was his brutulity, no sign of remorse to slay his enemy.
Old 2009-05-24, 16:09   Link #466
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
It's not bad writing, not at all, It's bad reading!!
Then maybe you'll go to "What went wrong with Bleach" threat and point ALL that was missunderstood.
I dare you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma

They are still using their
They are still using their enviroment by trowing enemies at it XD
Old 2009-05-24, 16:56   Link #467
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Then maybe you'll go to "What went wrong with Bleach" threat and point ALL that was missunderstood.
I dare you.
That doesn't mean Bleach has bad writing.
Old 2009-05-24, 17:26   Link #468
Wolcik

Quote:
That doesn't mean Bleach has bad writing.
As far as I know what I wrote there was about the plot problems, not what I would like to see happen or something like that.
Ploteholes comes from mistakes at writing, and mistakes in writing make it bad.
Old 2009-05-24, 17:42   Link #469
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
As far as I know what I wrote there was about the plot problems, not what I would like to see happen or something like that.
Ploteholes comes from mistakes at writing, and mistakes in writing make it bad.
Link to the post....
Old 2009-05-24, 18:26   Link #470
Wolcik

Quote:
Link to the post....
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...32#post2408432
Old 2009-05-24, 20:16   Link #471
Jays

I haven't posted in a manga thread in a while. Gotta give credit to Kubo on Barrigan's release, by far the best one out of all of the Espada, heck one of the coolest releases in Bleach per say. If only he had elaborated on the themes of the other Espada more and had made them more appealing, Barrigan's release really does stand out to me.

I'm both surprised and not surprised that Hitsugaya has stayed this long in the battle. It seems like Kubo likes to set characters up, as it has become painfully clear as time goes on. The whole Halibel and water attacks was a dead give away, and I'm actually starting to believe that maybe he can pull this off. Although I at first was under the assumption that the Halibel's prowes over water was nothing more than a dead give away that Ukitake will finally bust a move, seeing as it appears he has some mastery over water and lightning.

Finally, what's this obsession with SoiFong and her Bankai? It's probably going to suck, that much we know, since her shikai is much like her character, boring, so will everything else that pertains to her. It's disappointing to see a remarkably cool Espada in Barrigan have to be disposed - hopefully not - by a remarkable boring character like her.
Old 2009-05-24, 20:25   Link #472
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

^ Thats going to upset the Soi Fon fans...

But I think everyone is expecting that both captains are going to bust out their cool/uber moves (YMMV) in the next few chapters but will eventually lose anyway.
Old 2009-05-24, 21:03   Link #473
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I always thought that it would be Ol' Man Genocide that would dispose of Barrigan.

*Barrigan uses aging on Yamamoto, with no visible effect*

Barrigan: This...
Yamamoto: I've already existed for more than 2000 years, a few more centuries isn't going to hurt me. But, as for you.... *breaks out bankai and toasts Barrigan to nothing*

Yamamoto (sheathing sword): Aging is something which should not be feared.
Old 2009-05-24, 21:29   Link #474
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Finally, what's this obsession with SoiFong and her Bankai? It's probably going to suck, that much we know, since her shikai is much like her character, boring, so will everything else that pertains to her. It's disappointing to see a remarkably cool Espada in Barrigan have to be disposed - hopefully not - by a remarkable boring character like her.
Boring? 0_o
How come? She has almost all characterestics that every other character has if not more...

And boring shikai? Well of course it doesn't have some beautiful flowrs like Byakuya's But really... does all shikai have to look fancy? In my opinion it should be powerful not beautiful with some effects like Hitsugaya's ice which almost never does a thing

Anyway it is your opinion. I don't like Hitsugaya you don't like her so it's fine by me...
Old 2009-05-24, 21:34   Link #475
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Both captains are young and relatively inexperienced. I still think they might receive help, but their helpers are likely to let them plan and execute the counterattack. It would make my day to see Yourichi trusting Soi Fon to pull off a counter which could see both of them dead if it doesn't take off.
Old 2009-05-24, 21:42   Link #476
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Both captains are young and relatively inexperienced. I still think they might receive help, but their helpers are likely to let them plan and execute the counterattack. It would make my day to see Yourichi trusting Soi Fon to pull off a counter which could see both of them dead if it doesn't take off.
Yeh that would be nice^^
But I hope Soi Fon won't go bankai after someone will come to help her or later the question will come "Why the hell she didn't do it earlier?!"
Old 2009-05-24, 21:47   Link #477
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
^ Thats going to upset the Soi Fon fans...
What a sad lot they must be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
Boring? 0_o
How come? She has almost all characterestics that every other character has if not more...
How can you seriously say that? Soifong has got to be in the bottom tier of under developed characters; not only that but she's just a boring and plain one dimensional character. Perhaps I am being a bit too hard on her, but she's done nothing to deserve the amount of attention that she gets from this dillusional fanbase that Bleach has.

Quote:
And boring shikai? Well of course it doesn't have some beautiful flowrs like Byakuya's But really... does all shikai have to look fancy? In my opinion it should be powerful not beautiful with some effects like Hitsugaya's ice which almost never does a thing
Honestly, it's difficult to find someone with a shikai as cool as Byakuya's, I'd say it's probably my favorite one in the entire manga, along with him being one of my few favorite characters, but still, it's boring. Not only is it boring, but add that together with her boring personality, and it just please, bring some pillows!

Quote:
Anyway it is your opinion. I don't like Hitsugaya you don't like her so it's fine by me...
I have a lot of hate for Shiro-chan; to he's the epitomy of this chibi obsession that Japan has which I will never understand. For the life of me, I cannot stand that, and I've said many times that my favorite moment in Bleach was when Aizen PWND the living day lights out of Shiro-chan, gave me quite the chuckle.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:17   Link #478
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I always thought that it would be Ol' Man Genocide that would dispose of Barrigan.

*Barrigan uses aging on Yamamoto, with no visible effect*

Barrigan: This...
Yamamoto: I've already existed for more than 2000 years, a few more centuries isn't going to hurt me. But, as for you.... *breaks out bankai and toasts Barrigan to nothing*

Yamamoto (sheathing sword): Aging is something which should not be feared.

"Aging is something which should not be feared"...true...but a guy who looks like a grim reaper who can age you to dust instantly and can control time and chases you around and crumbles everything in his way is another story
Old 2009-05-24, 22:28   Link #479
Lelite

I still think the Vaizard need to be coming in. Hachi's seems to have what they need against Barragan (well, Orihime's power would be ideal, but we'll settle with the next best thing). Or maybe the old Special Corps leader in to save the new one, the one with Urahara now.

RE: Ichigo's Hollow.

I thought his victory against Ulquiorra was way more believable than Hitsugaya's current fighting level. I mean, his hollow kicked EVERYONE's ass that it ever had a chance to encounter (Yep, even in the Kenpachi fight Ichigo only won because the hollow manifested itself to help him), so coming out more full-strength than usual against a strong opponent while on the verge of death is classically shounen, and no more guilty of plot-device than any other work of adrenaline-inducing work of fiction. Seconding what Phenomenal said - Ulquiorra himself remarked that Ichigo's (or perhaps the Hollow's) reiatsu was at times stronger than his own.

As for Hitsugaya.... his trash-talking is starting to get on my nerves, and I'm pretty tolerant. I mean, if anything, it's completely OUT of his character to do something like that.
Old 2009-05-24, 23:00   Link #480
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
"Aging is something which should not be feared"...true...but a guy who looks like a grim reaper who can age you to dust instantly and can control time and chases you around and crumbles everything in his way is another story
Like I said, tell that to Yama-ji. Regardless, I think Squad 2 will handle this chap.

Also, on Toushiro, him, chibi? I'll put him in that category as soon as I get my hands on Duke Nukem Forever. He's just another chap in Pak Romi's "angry and short young men" series.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga