AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 21:53   Link #4341
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Does anyone know when Volume 4 (Ending Day by Day: Part 1) is being released in North America? Wikipedia says it's been out since December, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm simply too tired, lazy, and selfish after in-job training to search through almost 220 pages of info. If my demands are too much, ignore me. If not, please enlighten me.
Old 2009-06-18, 22:22   Link #4342
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
Does anyone know when Volume 4 (Ending Day by Day: Part 1) is being released in North America? Wikipedia says it's been out since December, but I can't find it anywhere.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm simply too tired, lazy, and selfish after in-job training to search through almost 220 pages of info. If my demands are too much, ignore me. If not, please enlighten me.
I don't think they've officially canceled the project, but the FMP novels are on an indefinite hiatus right now from Tokyopop. EDBD was SUPPOSED to be out in December, but it never released.
Old 2009-06-18, 23:20   Link #4343
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I think there's too many unanswered questions to finish it in one book. I can see some set-up for the first 2 chapters, one Leonard's side and one Sousuke's side, answers for 3 and 4, action for 4 and 5 ('cause, really, some answers will probably be answered during the action) and then a cliffhanger. Then another book with a chapter or 2 of finishing the action and then resolution.

And that resolution better involve hugging and kissing or I'm going to cry. XD

That's just my thoughts, anyways. That's how I'D do it, at this point, anyways.

And for the question someone else asked on whether there's any news on the status: None that I've seen. I check Gatoh's blog several times a day as well as amazon Japan to see if a new book is up with a release date. Nothing yet. (Sigma 11 is slated for July 9th, however, if anyone was curious). The moment there's news, I promise I'll post it.

With lots of exclamation points. LOTS of exclamation points. I am quite excitable when it comes to FMP news.

(Also, about a third done with Oogui no Comrade. Will post when I finish that too.)
What the heck will -anyone- reviel in an entire chapter? What else do you want to know?

the only loose ends i see is..

How does Sousuke know shes in Merida
how the battle goes..
who dies..
who the hell is sophia and her freaking purpose...
and whats the ending and conclusion/solution...
is it a happy or sad ending?

thats it, what else do you want to know? the previous book was PURE info...
Old 2009-06-18, 23:36   Link #4344
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
I don't think they've officially canceled the project, but the FMP novels are on an indefinite hiatus right now from Tokyopop. EDBD was SUPPOSED to be out in December, but it never released.
That's a shame, but thanks for the info regardless.
Old 2009-06-19, 01:06   Link #4345
User91411
Disabled By Request

To Nappy Hared Azn, yeah, the FMP novels are no longer being sold in the US. A friend told me Tokyopop canceled it unofficially, which I hope not, cause I was thinking of importing the first three novels from the US.
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 10:29   Link #4346
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
What the heck will -anyone- reviel in an entire chapter? What else do you want to know?

the only loose ends i see is..

How does Sousuke know shes in Merida
how the battle goes..
who dies..
who the hell is sophia and her freaking purpose...
and whats the ending and conclusion/solution...
is it a happy or sad ending?

thats it, what else do you want to know? the previous book was PURE info...
It's about how you present that info. If you don't have it all truly planned out and if you don't feel like going into detail, then yeah, it would be short to answer those questions. A good author though will go into detail, reveal backstory, describe the emotion going into these revelations. Perhaps with everything going on we could get a nice little alternate-reality/dream-sequence kind of thing where we find out what happened in the 'original' world to have it changed.

There's lots of ways this information could go on to take up lots of space. If it was revealed with a simple dialogue I think I'd lose my respect for Gatoh as an author. That'd be a poor cop-out. And with how tense everything is, there needs to be description of the emotions, of the general running thought process of whoever is involved. And that is how he's done it, so I'm hopeful he'll do it again. Everything right now is complex enough too that it can take quite a bit of space to truly describe everything.
Old 2009-06-19, 14:37   Link #4347
SkoolRumble4Ya

Yeah Gatoh should finish everything with a bang I don't want him to leave anything behind.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 21:33   Link #4348
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Awesome news

`Hello everyone, I got some awesmoe news directly from Dragon Monthly Magazine... the 11th comic book of SIGMA is coming out in July, at least they are progressing FMP somewhat instead of the novel....

07月09日
フルメタル・パニック!Σ11 (book 11)

上田宏 原作=賀東招二 キャラクター原案=四季童子
富士見書房

609円
Old 2009-06-21, 02:11   Link #4349
SkoolRumble4Ya

What exactly is Sigma?
Old 2009-06-21, 02:27   Link #4350
Miles Teg

It's a manga who follow closely the novel (main story line).
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:45   Link #4351
SkoolRumble4Ya

Wait how far does it go?
Old 2009-06-21, 16:37   Link #4352
Miles Teg

Volume 10 should have finished "Tsudou Make my Day"
Old 2009-06-26, 04:00   Link #4353
User91411
Disabled By Request

I hate Sigma's art design and the way they did TSR/EDBD but at least there's something to do with FMP going on.
User91411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 12:10   Link #4354
Crisano

Well, at least Sigma's art style is better than the manga's art style, in my opinion. In the manga Sousuke looks like he took steroids (meaning too bulky) and his facial expression looks like he is always angered (not to mention his eyes). Tessa does not look so good either.

Also every time I see this thread being posted on, I keep hoping the next novel has a firm release date announced. Ah well, we have to keep waiting.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 01:12   Link #4355
SkoolRumble4Ya

I guess at this rate the novel is getting release in the autumn.
Old 2009-06-28, 05:59   Link #4356
animpo

What month is autumn?

I can't take it anymore?
animpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 11:14   Link #4357
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisano View Post
Also every time I see this thread being posted on, I keep hoping the next novel has a firm release date announced. Ah well, we have to keep waiting.

Yeah exactly... But I'm always disappointed

Why it takes so log ??!! that novel should be released long time ago... a can't wait any longer, I'm gonna be death faster than that novel will be release...
Old 2009-06-28, 11:27   Link #4358
Miles Teg

NOT should have been released in September 2007 but has been released in February 2008, having the next novel not in time shouldn't come has a surprise

And don't forget : "Patience is the mother of all virtues"
Old 2009-06-28, 18:17   Link #4359
kagolamukanapika

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Spoiler:
Hey, just for clarification, can I ask you if this is right cause I'm still slightly confused with what you said. So I thought it would be better to ask you if what I understand aligns with the novel so you don't have to explain it again.

Spoiler for Nick of Time:

Last edited by kagolamukanapika; 2009-06-28 at 18:23. Reason: addition
kagolamukanapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 22:51   Link #4360
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagolamukanapika View Post
Hey, just for clarification, can I ask you if this is right cause I'm still slightly confused with what you said. So I thought it would be better to ask you if what I understand aligns with the novel so you don't have to explain it again.

Spoiler for Nick of Time:
The question is, what Chidori=Sophia saw about the future makes her unpleasant and want to help Leo to tune the world back?

I thought the answer to that was obivious, Sousuke's death?
I honestly think, Leonard's prevention of the alternate universe actually causes the whole thing to happen in the first place.
Go to the past, and connect,..
At the same time the past connects with future...

In otherwords, it ALREADY happen...IMO

tada...

The AI is just amphilfying. They are calculators, helping the human mind to accelerate and into the Omnisphere. Before they used Dolphine's brains.The 1980's didnt have AI's.....

Now,..whatever the hell machine Leonard plans to use to put Chidori to connect to the past, needs an AI. I suspect, this Artificial Intellegence is SOPHIA who is Leonard's alter ego.

Sousuke is a good person, so his alter-ego / AL is okay as well,..

imagin an EVIL person with an Alter-ego? bingo, an evil A.I. ...

I suspect SOPHIA is an A.I. that thinks its a concious goddess....

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen