AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-26, 16:29   Link #2401
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I think that could be a base for the stereotype of Fate's role in their family now.

Quote:
Spoiler for My opinion as of now as to their relationship:
Wow, that certainly was "bizarre as heck". Better to think of them as a couple since this is what is implied and is what makes most sense in the scenario, and you don't really have to change anything for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh they had them, but the used words were the rather vague 'as often as a father working away from home' which, really, could mean anything from every day to maybe once a month depending on the job.
We have already discussed this, my dear Kero-chan. Her job doesn't seem to have restrictions for communication as you imply, so it's not once a month, since she used to contact her mother daily while she was in a ship too. So we can suppose that she's willing to contact her own family as frequently as she can too, and seems to be what the writer tried to imply.

Quote:
Haru's 'not telling Fate in order to avoid worrying her' argument would make sense, if not for Vivio's surprise in the former chapter concerning Fate's surprise, indicating that they did have every intent to tell her, but just never got around to do it. This is rather questionable when communicating daily.
No, Vivio was surprised because she didn't expect that reaction, not because of what you said. Why Vivio didn't expect that reaction? It may be because she thought that Fate wouldn't worry so much since Nanoha takes it fine, or because Nanoha said that she was going to tell her other mother about it but she decided to don't do it.

Keroko, really, what is with your urge of overanalyzing every detail of Nanoha, Fate and Vivio's relationship to make it look as bad as possible? This isn't making me feel good at all...

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-06-26, 16:32   Link #2402
Once and Current Subber

It's entirely possible that they were actively concealing it from Fate, not because they were "lying about it", but because they wanted to surprise her with it. "Hey! Look at what Vivio can do!" It's cute and funny, not mean-spirited. It's not like Fate came home and Vivio was pregnant or anything serious...

Come to think of it, Nanoha should probably have a talk to Vivio on that subject. "Watch out for strange men. Also watch out for Hayate!"
Old 2009-06-26, 16:34   Link #2403
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Keroko, really, what is with your urge of overanalyzing every detail of Nanoha, Fate and Vivio's relationship to make it look as bad as possible? This isn't making me feel god at all...
Wait, what? I'm actually making it sound better here.

You know what... forget it. Haru is just going to warp everything I say out of context again to make me look like the bad guy. I've had enough of that and I don't feel the need to go through it again just so Haru can have his 'make Keroko look like the boogie man' points for the day.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:40   Link #2404
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I mean at 25, she is college age like myself and everyone I know.
...wait...
Old 2009-06-26, 16:43   Link #2405
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
It's entirely possible that they were actively concealing it from Fate, not because they were "lying about it", but because they wanted to surprise her with it. "Hey! Look at what Vivio can do!" It's cute and funny, not mean-spirited. It's not like Fate came home and Vivio was pregnant or anything serious...
Yeah, I don't think there's anything mean spirited going on.

Quote:
Wow, that certainly was "bizarre as heck". Better to think of them as a couple since this is what is implied and is what makes most sense in the scenario, and you don't really have to change anything for that.
No, thi is exactly what it is, to assume its more is wishful thinking and shipping which is not a bad thing, just don't say anything as fact.

Quote:
Keroko, really, what is with your urge of overanalyzing every detail of Nanoha, Fate and Vivio's relationship to make it look as bad as possible? This isn't making me feel good at all...
She isn't, I just don't think you understand what she means.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo [/QUOTE]

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:45   Link #2406
BPHaru

Quote:
Keroko, I know you are siding with n/f and haru is having issue with that, it's quite odd.
He was proposing that Fate and her family were barely in contact while Fate was away of home, even if it's the oppose in canon, and that Nanoha is heartless or that she doesn't care enough for Fate because she didn't know about a certain ability that their daughter has been training. I don't know how I'm suppose to see this as something positive.

Quote:
No, thi is exactly what it is, to assume its more is wishful thinking and shipping which is not a bad thing, just don't say anything as fact.
I don't think that you can state that "they aren't a couple and that's exactly what is it is", because this is an open scenario where they are living as a couple but their relationship hasn't been stated directly to the public yet. It's implied and even used for canon purposes, but you can think both ways if you want, even if one is more plausible than the other and amply accepted. You can do this as long as you don't negate was is canonically stated and as long as you don't claim that only one interpretation is true.

Old 2009-06-26, 16:48   Link #2407
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That is hardly what I was proposing. What I was proposing was that Nanoha and Fate may not be communicating daily in order to avoid making Nanoha look heartless for -and I quote Nanoha- 'forgetting' to tell Fate about Vivio's adult mode.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:49   Link #2408
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

I'll reply here again, stay tuned

Quote:
He was proposing that Fate and her family were barely in contact while Fate was away of home, even if it's the oppose in canon, and that Nanoha is heartless or that she doesn't care enough for Fate because she didn't know about a certain ability that their daughter has been training. I don't know how I'm suppose to see this as something positive.

Nevermind, its just as Keroko said. Still I think our approach here is wrong. it is more likely just a joke on Fate.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-06-26, 16:55   Link #2409
BPHaru

Quote:
That is hardly what I was proposing. What I was proposing was that Nanoha and Fate may not be communicating daily in order to avoid making Nanoha look heartless for -and I quote Nanoha- 'forgetting' to tell Fate about Vivio's adult mode.
And I and other people proposed some valid possibilities for they communicating as often as they are supposed to do when Fate is away of home, while not making Nanoha look as a monster, and you tried to deny them all and go with yours, that implies that Fate doesn't want to contact home as often as she could.

Old 2009-06-26, 16:57   Link #2410
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
There's also the manga-ka reasoning:

Manga-ka: Hey, it might be funny if Fate didn't know about Vivio's Kaiser form and suddenly saw her change! *starts drawing*
Old 2009-06-26, 16:58   Link #2411
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Quote:
And I and other people proposed some valid possibilities for they communicating as often as they are supposed to do when Fate is away of home, while not making Nanoha look as a monster, and you tried to deny them all and go with yours, that implies that Fate doesn't want to contact home as often as she could.

Spoiler for more:

Drop the aggression, it's a joke. Keroko, you too. We have our explanation.

Old 2009-06-26, 17:00   Link #2412
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Not really, in case you haven't noticed I haven't called any of the other theories wrong. It was you who started pointing at me and saying "You're wrong!"

Eva's mangaka reasoning is probably what happened in the end though. Hell, it got all of us laughing.
Old 2009-06-26, 17:06   Link #2413
BPHaru

Quote:
Spoiler for more:
She's able because she contacts her mother daily, so if she doesn't do that with her own family I think it wouldn't make her relationship look very good.

Quote:
Not really, in case you haven't noticed I haven't called any of the other theories wrong. It was you who started pointing at me and saying "You're wrong!"
I said that you were wrong because it was stated otherwise, and I proposed other alternatives that you tried to deny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
There's also the manga-ka reasoning:

Manga-ka: Hey, it might be funny if Fate didn't know about Vivio's Kaiser form and suddenly saw her change! *starts drawing*
In this case it should be the writer, but anyways in my opinion this is probably what happened. We don't need to overanalize everything.
Old 2009-06-26, 17:07   Link #2414
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

OK agree to disagree. Let's go back to something I brought up. Are Vivio and Nanoha secretly dating?

Old 2009-06-26, 17:09   Link #2415
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Of course they are! Didn't you see page 16? How much more proof do you need?
Old 2009-06-26, 17:10   Link #2416
BPHaru

Quote:
OK agree to disagree. Let's go back to something I brought up. Are Vivio and Nanoha secretly dating?
Right now this is the alternative pairing that makes most sense.

Old 2009-06-26, 17:13   Link #2417
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

On a non-related point to the...stuff above, the appearance of Ix is quite interesting. Considering I haven't finished SSX (I know she is found there though), I wonder if ViviD will fill in the gap between SSX and Force in a smooth manner. Of course, that would only be if she actually wakes up, but either way...I don't know if she has been awakened in SSX or in another instance (post-anime/manga).

Somehow, I feel Mariages will appear...regardless of the ending of SSX...

Old 2009-06-26, 17:18   Link #2418
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering Nove and Vivio are going to visit there next chapter, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some bridging being done. I mean, we've already got a few flashbacks to StrikerS, so why not SSX?

The text on the final page certainly suggests something is going to happen with Ix.
Old 2009-06-26, 17:21   Link #2419
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

I'd say all the old kings are reemerging and history will repeat. Reminds me of my plot lines with MtG infusion. I dunno if I'll ever write that, but its fun how thing sync well.

Old 2009-06-26, 18:01   Link #2420
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Belkan flavored Highlander? Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen