mizukage = tsunade 2.0
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 02:48   Link #182
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
random thoughts

mizukage = tsunade 2.0
HEY! I said something like that She even has the personality, or at least it seemed so from the little time we saw her.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 02:56   Link #183
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Wow, Danzou dealing with Orochimaru… This just keeps getting better and better. I’m actually exited to know about their association and what Danzou actually meant when he said “good for his right eye and arm”. Does he have some kind of monster arm and eye from some freakish experiment? Can Orochimaru be part of him in some way, similar to Kabuto’s situation? Or is he simply referring to a possible way to grow a new arm and eye? It really doesn’t look like he’s “armless”, that extra cloak just seems so unnecessary…

…I didn’t like naruto taking a beating the way he did(as well as his preachy mannerism); he also looked too “whiny”… It would’ve been better if he professed his stance in a sterner manner – not really angry looking, but… “determined”. In most of the panels, he looked as though he was about ready to join Sakura in her sobbing. I think it would’ve been better if he let that her hit him and at least defended himself while she tired herself out…
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 02:59   Link #184
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
@Phenomenal: Naruto hasn't really taken the moral high ground (in retrospect, I really didn't mean a moral high ground, especially considering that both groups in question are in fact "correct" in their desires). He simply has no other alternative to offer, so he offers himself up instead. That being said the encounters in Trigun and One Piece are very different to what Naruto is doing. Luffy allowed whatshisname to strike him on Jaya because, to Luffy, whathisface didn't matter at all (consequently, there was no point to getting upset by whathisname); and, in Trigun, Vash, more than once, willingly sacrificed his body and pride to save others. Naruto is not sacrificing himself to save others (other character have done that in the series so far), he is simply allowing someone to beat on him even though there is no real reason for the incident to occur (he is not actually protecting Sasuke by allowing Karui to beat on him), and he cares greatly for what they have to say.
Are you sure about that? What I got was that Naruto was just trying to syphon off some hate from them. He knew it wouldn't really do anything but he had to try. He was just desperate for anything.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 03:05   Link #185
ThoHell

Man this chapter alone wiped away all all the respect/admiration/and awness I had for Naruto that he gained in all those chapters fighting Pain. Back to disliking the character.... ROARRRRRRR, come back out daddy 4th and knock some sense into Naruto!
Old 2009-07-03, 03:08   Link #186
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Remember the CS that Orochimaru put on Anko. The third sealed it .
Wasn't she suppressing it by her sheer will and belief that it is evil (the way Sasuke did long ago)? I remember it was bothering her when Orochimaru was close by, and she simply chose not to give in to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Chapter... went... no where.....
...The plot did; looks like its you who went "nowhere". Flashy moves, fighting and explosions are nothing without substance and plot. Follow the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Are you sure about that? What I got was that Naruto was just trying to syphon off some hate from them. He knew it wouldn't really do anything but he had to try. He was just desperate for anything.
Um looks like what you "got" was completely wrong. He was showing them an example; hes putting himself on the front line to prove a point... I guess some people still can't realize it, even people in the real world . Hes not "desperate", if naruto wanted to he could KO all of them right then and there. But he is obviously trying to prove a point.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 03:08   Link #187
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
HEY! I said something like that She even has the personality, or at least it seemed so from the little time we saw her.
hey chill man and dont get angry about it, im sure that many people have the same thoughts
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 03:10   Link #188
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post

...The plot did; looks like its you who went "nowhere". Flashy moves, fighting and explosions are nothing without substance and plot. Follow the story.

Nothing happened that we didn't already know. So a lot developed huh? Basically nothing new except fo seeing what the other Kages looked like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
hey chill man and dont get angry about it, im sure that many people have the same thoughts
Yeah I know, most likely like thousands before us!
Old 2009-07-03, 03:12   Link #189
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Man this chapter alone wiped away all all the respect/admiration/and awness I had for Naruto that he gained in all those chapters fighting Pain. Back to disliking the character.... ROARRRRRRR, come back out daddy 4th and knock some sense into Naruto!
wow, if you're losing respect for him because of what he did in this chapter, you really don't know what "tho hell" you're reading. He should get even more respect than those other chapters because hes actually backing up his philosophy to prove a point. its not just bullshit empty words or my way of the ninja crap. We already know he can probably beat everyone in all the villages, big woop. He did something really big this chapter, not anyone would be able to do this for what they believe, that must have taken alot of willpower. All the meaning and substance obviously flew right over your head

Quote:
Nothing happened that we didn't already know. So a lot developed huh? Basically nothing new except fo seeing what the other Kages looked like.
except for Danzou and Oro's involvement... Yeah, like I said: Follow the story. Are you some kid that just looks for flashy fights in the story or something?
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 03:20   Link #190
ThoHell

Quote:
wow, if you're losing respect for him because of what he did in this chapter, you really don't know what "tho hell" you're reading. He should get even more respect than those other chapters because hes actually backing up his philosophy to prove a point. its not just bullshit empty words or my way of the ninja crap. We already know he can probably beat everyone in all the villages, big woop. He did something really big this chapter, not anyone would be able to do this for what they believe, that must have taken alot of willpower. All the meaning and substance obviously flew right over your head
No it's called stupid. He barely has the full concept of his philosophy or how to carry it out. Like I said before, it sounds nice and all, but stuff like that will just lead to death and then how good will that philosophy be after that. Going no where and made no impact. What to change the world? Want people to understand each other? HA! Nothing will be done in a grave. A person who truly wants to kill will kill even if you try that bs philosophy.

Quote:

except for Danzou and Oro's involvement... Yeah, like I said: Follow the story. Are you some kid that just looks for flashy fights in the story or something?
And you couldn't figure out Danzou had involvement with Oro way back when Sai was sent on that mission while Naruto was fighting Oro? I mean come on man, is it really that complicated?
Old 2009-07-03, 03:35   Link #191
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yes and after reading the chapter it goes into detail about th resons why Naruto did what he did.

Hey Haak...
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 03:54   Link #192
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
Wow, Danzou dealing with Orochimaru… This just keeps getting better and better. I’m actually exited to know about their association and what Danzou actually meant when he said “good for his right eye and arm”. Does he have some kind of monster arm and eye from some freakish experiment? Can Orochimaru be part of him in some way, similar to Kabuto’s situation? Or is he simply referring to a possible way to grow a new arm and eye? It really doesn’t look like he’s “armless”, that extra cloak just seems so unnecessary…
Danzou is probably talking about when he gave up all the data of Konoha's Anbu to make more credible Sai's cover when he sent him kill Sasuke.
I think he just lost his hand and eye and wants to regenerate them, if you look at the last pic it seem Danzou is now a cyborg, his hand is robotic.

As for Naruto... Well after Hashirama the first Kage, Tobirama the Unknown, Hiruzen the Professor and God of Shinobi, Minato the Yellow Flash, Princess Tsunade of the Legendary Sannin and Sleazy Prick Danzou I guess the future Hokage will be widely known as Naruto the Living Punchingball.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 04:01   Link #193
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Danzou is probably talking about when he gave up all the data of Konoha's Anbu to make more credible Sai's cover when he sent him kill Sasuke.
I think he just lost his hand and eye and wants to regenerate them, if you look at the last pic it seem Danzou is now a cyborg, his hand is robotic.
Yes, his chrst looks strange. I wonder when he lost it and how. I feel like him as I have a tendosynovitis now. Where's my Kabuto?

Quote:
As for Naruto... Well after Hashirama the first Kage, Tobirama the Unknown, Hiruzen the Professor and God of Shinobi, Minato the Yellow Flash, Princess Tsunade of the Legendary Sannin and Sleazy Prick Danzou I guess the future Hokage will be widely known as Naruto the Living Punchingball.
Hilarious!
Geez, she punches him laying on the floor. That is cruel.
Old 2009-07-03, 04:26   Link #194
Kafriel
Senior Guest

At least she didn't hit him where it hurts the most...even bullies have some kindness!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 04:46   Link #195
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Yes, his chrst looks strange. I wonder when he lost it and how. I feel like him as I have a tendosynovitis now. Where's my Kabuto?
Actually looking at a better raw it looks like he still has his arm but it's shackled to his body.
Maybe ShadowAssasin's theory is correct and Danzou has a monster arm, maybe he tried to play with Orochimaru's research with the CS at one point or another and fucked up his arm.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 04:56   Link #196
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually looking at a better raw it looks like he still has his arm but it's shackled to his body.
Maybe ShadowAssasin's theory is correct and Danzou has a monster arm, maybe he tried to play with Orochimaru's research with the CS at one point or another and fucked up his arm.
Yes, I thought about that aswell. He and Orochimaru - that's a hint that he had contact with him. Who knows, maybe Danzou is the reason for Orochimaru's makeover or at least part of it. The 3rd decided not to make Orochimaru the 4th Hokage, so Danzou and Orochimaru had something in common – both hated the 3rd. Orochimaru's quest for power was also suitable for Danzou, who wanted to amplify Konoha's military power ever since and as he wasn't the Hokage, manipulated ANBU root members with amplified powers were useful, too. Of course, activating these hidden powers Orochimaru was talking about sounded interesting for Danzou himself aswell.

Too bad Orochimaru followed his own plans. I guess Danzou was betrayed like many others (which has been shown especially in filler episodes). For Orochimaru, even Danzou was a mere guinea pig. Wanting to take revenge on Orochimaru, Danzou ordered Sai to kill Sasuke, Orochimaru's new and most desired container. Of course Sai failed doing so (in the end, he didn't even intent to kill him anymore). Fortunately, Pain attacked Konoha and that incident put Danzou in a more powerful position, so that he can pull the strings without being restricted anymore.

Of course he wants his body to work perfectly now. I think he doesn't just want his arm and eye back, he wants improved versions now. Something that benefits him.

______

Have you noticed? Tsuchi looks like Dr. Gero, Android 17 and Android 19...

______

I just read the story again and realized that Madara is directly lying towards Sasuke. He says Itachi told him that Madara loosed the Kyuubi on Konoha, but Madara says Itachi lied to Sasuke and at some point, Sasuke starts to believe in Madara's words. If Minato and Itachi say it was Madara who summoned the Kyuubi, then this makes Madara a liar and responsible for Sasuke's makeover.

(/401/04-05/)

Last edited by AuroraFlash; 2009-07-03 at 07:36.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 07:59   Link #197
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Aww nothing interesting this chapter. And what happened to that other cloud ninja? She just disappeared. She too busy doing it with leaf ninja to be shown or something?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 08:01   Link #198
Supermutant

I thought it was a really cool chapter. The Mizukage and her ninjas seem to have something going on. It's not just that the swordsman clearly has a distinct character already, but also that the Kage may be hiding something. (Or maybe she just likes the guy, or maybe she know the guy is actually a girl, or maybe she just has a short temper; it's a mystery...) The Raikage was also pretty cool. It's interesting that Kishimoto can make his book livelier with new characters as he has recently. These newer people seem a little more given to humorous behaviours.

Was Anko out searching for Kabuto? I had thought that Danzo was considering offing her to ensure that Danzo's allies found him first...

The only down point was Naruto of course. That seemed even worse than crying like Sakura did in the last chapter. He doesn't even seem confident about what he's doing, so it doesn't look like much of a plan if it is one. I also don't think there's anyone who would take revenge for Sasuke anyway among his village.
Supermutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 08:27   Link #199
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
The only down point was Naruto of course. That seemed even worse than crying like Sakura did in the last chapter. He doesn't even seem confident about what he's doing, so it doesn't look like much of a plan if it is one. I also don't think there's anyone who would take revenge for Sasuke anyway among his village.
I think Danzou is strong enough to fight on par with Sasuke once he got his arm back. I think that he is stronger than the 3rd if he retains his full body.
Old 2009-07-03, 08:35   Link #200
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermutant View Post
I thought it was a really cool chapter. The Mizukage and her ninjas seem to have something going on. It's not just that the swordsman clearly has a distinct character already, but also that the Kage may be hiding something. (Or maybe she just likes the guy, or maybe she know the guy is actually a girl, or maybe she just has a short temper; it's a mystery...) The Raikage was also pretty cool. It's interesting that Kishimoto can make his book livelier with new characters as he has recently. These newer people seem a little more given to humorous behaviours.

Was Anko out searching for Kabuto? I had thought that Danzo was considering offing her to ensure that Danzo's allies found him first...

Sakura would take revenge... And knowing Tsunade, I'd say she'd be nuts enough to hunt down the cloud ninja and avenge Sasuke's death.

I really don't understand why so many people have a problem with Naruto sacrificing himself for Sasuke. Then what the hell should he have done? Tell them everything about Sasuke and sell out his friend? No way in hell he'd ever do that.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote