AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 13:29   Link #141
JustRob

We'll see how she does against Wonderweiss from now on... It's true that I'm impressed by her strength, especially for a former vice captain who was a nutjob to boot. That being said, she's the perfect opponent for Wonderweiss.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:36   Link #142
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
What do you mean? The numerical order of the 13 squads mean nothing. First squad is not the strongest and 13th squad is not the weakest. Perhaps 4th squad is not lowest per sé; it's definitely the most battle-unready squad, and probably weakest in combat strength. It's true that 11th squad is biased against 4th squad, but 4th squad does get all the crappy jobs like cleaning and serving.
That was a picture lifted from an official data book. It wasn't saying that the numerical order indicated rank. If it were then there would be lines in between them. They were all the same rank.

Most battle unready? Weakest in combat strength? Seriously? You're basing the 4ths squad rank by the same logic the 11th squad base it on. Besides I don't think they're the weakest in combat strength anyway. In almost all the squads it's only the vice-captain and captain that make any real significance. The rest are just canon fodder. The battle stats say that Unohana is one the very strongest. Everyone fears her.

The 4th squad doesn't get all the crappy jobs anyway. When Inoue was running with Kenpachi to save Ichigo is the SS arc, the squad passed some of their own squad members doing chores aswell. So it's not just the 4th squad.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:48   Link #143
Kitsueki
会津

Quote:
How do you figure? I see little resemblance between them, especially with Love who seems to sport a good fight, in contrast to Shunsui. Also, I do not think this was the intention of Tite Kubo like it was with Stark. Especially since Rose, Love, Shunsui, and Jyuushiro were captains at the same time once.
I mean in how they are partnering up.

Rose is the more polite, feminine (Ukitake) guy. And Love is the more... Masculine type. Not exactly like them, but I can see the resemblance
Old 2009-07-30, 14:02   Link #144
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was a picture lifted from an official data book. It wasn't saying that the numerical order indicated rank. If it were then there would be lines in between them. They were all the same rank.
I doubt the credibility of the databook.

Quote:
Most battle unready? Weakest in combat strength? Seriously? You're basing the 4ths squad rank by the same logic the 11th squad base it on. Besides I don't think they're the weakest in combat strength anyway. In almost all the squads it's only the vice-captain and captain that make any real significance. The rest are just canon fodder. The battle stats say that Unohana is one the very strongest. Everyone fears her.
True, as far as I know the only elaborate seated officers right now are Ikkaku and Yumichika. But when it comes to cannon fodder, I'd still say 4th squad is the weakest. Hanatarou himself even remarks how they can barely hold a sword and are really weak.

As far as captains and vice captains go, Isane was wiped out as easily as a weak fatass like Omaeda. Though it's a bit unfair against Ichigo but still. And for Unohana; the only times people were shown to be fearing her was comic relief. The databook says some people are as strong as Yamamoto. I won't accept that crap until it's been proven in the manga. Until now, Unohana's sword has been shown to be for healing and relief purposes only.

Quote:
The 4th squad doesn't get all the crappy jobs anyway. When Inoue was running with Kenpachi to save Ichigo is the SS arc, the squad passed some of their own squad members doing chores aswell. So it's not just the 4th squad.
Yes but that's just keeping their territory clean, it's not like 4th squad where people have to clean up general places and where squad members can be called upon for every ridicilous chore.
Old 2009-07-30, 14:12   Link #145
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
True, as far as I know the only elaborate seated officers right now are Ikkaku and Yumichika. But when it comes to cannon fodder, I'd still say 4th squad is the weakest. Hanatarou himself even remarks how they can barely hold a sword and are really weak.
Cannon fodder=/=the team of healers

They don't even get sent out into battle, so they can't be cannon fodder. Their job is to heal everyone that survives being cannon fodder on the battlefield.
Old 2009-07-30, 14:20   Link #146
JustRob

Yeah that's why I pretty much said weakest and most combat-unready.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:25   Link #147
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Not all squads in the gotei 13 are strictly for battle. It is silly to call the 4th squad weak when they could be arguably the most important squad since they are the healers. I am the biggest fan of the 11th squad and love battle but I definitely understand how important the 4th squad is. And I'm sure the non-seated officers in all divisions perform mundane tasks. Heck, we see captains and vice captains taking on mundane paperwork and tasks too (cough, Hitsugaya, cough).

All I'm saying is there are tons of unranked nobody shinigami in every squad so it is silly to call a seated officer in any division the lowest of the low.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:31   Link #148
JustRob

Yes I was just arguing that a pushover like Hanatarou knows pretty much about the captains despite being only 7th seat. 4th squad's combat ability is generally weak, there is no denying that. Ofcourse they are very important for their healing ability. But combat wise, they suck. Doing paperwork is something every squad has to do, and it doesn't compare to cleaning the sewers.

Anyway, also remember that scene where Mayuri uses random shinigami from his squad as living bombs. The point I'm trying to make is that I think there are few shinigami who don't know the captains at least by name, if any.
Old 2009-07-30, 15:48   Link #149
TeNMaN
Lost & Found

Quote:
Yes I was just arguing that a pushover like Hanatarou knows pretty much about the captains despite being only 7th seat. 4th squad's combat ability is generally weak, there is no denying that. Ofcourse they are very important for their healing ability. But combat wise, they suck. Doing paperwork is something every squad has to do, and it doesn't compare to cleaning the sewers.

Anyway, also remember that scene where Mayuri uses random shinigami from his squad as living bombs. The point I'm trying to make is that I think there are few shinigami who don't know the captains at least by name, if any.
Agreed. I don't know how it would be possible for anyone in the Gotei 13 to not know who all of the captains are.

And yes, I remember Mayuri blowing his squad up - quite sadistic.... and comical!!
Old 2009-07-30, 16:12   Link #150
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

too bad Mayuri isnt in the fight in the real world, there be some comedy between Mayuri and Hiyori
Old 2009-07-30, 17:18   Link #151
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
too bad Mayuri isnt in the fight in the real world, there be some comedy between Mayuri and Hiyori
If she even recognized him... He looks totally different ever since he got the Snoop Dogg perm.
Old 2009-07-30, 17:21   Link #152
RDF2050
Superidol

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I will really want to see that happen
Old 2009-07-30, 17:59   Link #153
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
If she even recognized him... He looks totally different ever since he got the Snoop Dogg perm.
It would be difficult not to recognize him, even after his various changes in appearance.
Old 2009-07-30, 18:31   Link #154
Kitsueki
会津

Quote:
It would be difficult not to recognize him, even after his various changes in appearance.
I agree, who else was in the 12th division the had his face like that?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:34   Link #155
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
na, i'm sure she could reconize that mug from a mile away. I don't think she's forgotten how she hated his guts so much XD
Old 2009-07-30, 19:06   Link #156
wirajati

well, the thread is not about unohana retsu, but an arrancar captain of the executioners (?) who did not give a damn on ichigo, renji (both with bankai) and rukia. when he was up against 4th taicho , what did he say? one simple line and just go away, either he wasscared (he was intimidated a bit) or unohana was not worth it. I'll go with the former.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:34   Link #157
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirajati View Post
well, the thread is not about unohana retsu, but an arrancar captain of the executioners (?) who did not give a damn on ichigo, renji (both with bankai) and rukia. when he was up against 4th taicho , what did he say? one simple line and just go away, either he wasscared (he was intimidated a bit) or unohana was not worth it. I'll go with the former.
Have you seen the Beach episode? When Isane told her she didn't like the bathing suite, and Unohana smiled and said just take it. The fear on her VC's face should be all the proof we need. That's one scary lady.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:12   Link #158
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
What do you mean? The numerical order of the 13 squads mean nothing. First squad is not the strongest and 13th squad is not the weakest.
Actually 1st squad is the strongest because they have Yamamoto, and 13th is probably one of the weaker ones since their Captain has a serious illness that affects his battle capabilities and they don't have a VC
Quote:
I doubt the credibility of the databook.
Its credibility isn't really debatable since Kubo wrote it himself.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:16   Link #159
kakakka

Quote:
13th is probably one of the weaker ones since their Captain has a serious illness that affects his battle capabilities and they don't have a VC
Not really weakest. There are some that doesn't have captains....
Old 2009-07-30, 20:28   Link #160
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Not really weakest. There are some that doesn't have captains....
true, my guess at strength of the current divisions is:
1st>8th>6th>4th>2nd>7th>13th>11th>12th>9th>3rd>5th
I don't really know where to put the 11th or 12th becuase 11th squad is really weak in all areas except zanjutsu and 12th squad is just a bunch of scientists.

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion