AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-09-16, 02:55   Link #19761
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
I was pretty much convinced who it was by Mitsuuru's green text rant
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 03:15   Link #19762
Binjovi
Artist

Send a message via AIM to Binjovi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaAotS View Post
The Greek symbol for Mars would be a perfect way to represent the stargazing, however Greek (ancient or otherwise) is written out as characters rather then symbols. Besides the fact that Mars is a Roman construct based on the god Ares - which is spelled Ἄρης in Greek. Mars would be written in latin.
I believe the Mars symbol that is being referred to is what most of us are more familiar with as the male symbol.
Binjovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 04:11   Link #19763
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I believe ren'py goes with a /" for them, but I'm not sure... I never really did much with it, to be honest.
\", actually. Being the \ a way to cancel the effect of the next character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvita View Post
btw don't worry about ren'py formating odd characters like " and such basicly have to be forced because they have uses in the actual language.
Hmmm, not sure what you mean. All other odd characters that have an actual use in the language are canceled when between comas. Well, exept for %(variable)s, but is not like we will ever need such odd characters.

Anyway, you are kinda right about the ". When not used correctly they screw up so badly with the code that is pretty easy to spot. They also change the color of the txt, so it is even easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
There wasn't much editing for me, really... just adding the ren'py formatting, in most places. And I'm going to tackle some more later... I just sorta have to do at least some of my homework. And go to the D&D group I'm DMing. And spend time with my girlfriend... And maybe sleep.
I thaks you a lot because of it. I would also ask to you, while at it, rid off these colons after the characters name. However, I have to point something, what you are doing is a simple grammar revision right? While it is very useful and necessery, is not kinda pointless doing it now? Eventually, someone will ned to edit these texts, and then Kaisos will reedit. Then a new revision will be necessery. So, having one now isn't kinda pointless?

Quote:
Originally Posted by besieger View Post
Actually no. The Mainland forcibly simplified their characters set during the Revolution. Amidst much bloodshed, much of the celebrated system was destroyed in the Mainland. However, there are many, like Taiwanese and other places not affected by the change from mainland, continue to use the beautiful traditional set of characters.
'Mainland' is the continental China right? The People's Republic. I have to apologise here, I kinda totally forgot the other one (Republic of China, also called Taiwan).

Quote:
[spoiler="Art Direction Update - Wait, what?"]
September the Third, Day Two

Quick note, I'll no longer include sprite information in these art direction pages. Instead I'm creating a seperate section all-together for them. I'll only mention sprites if a new character (with a completely seperate set of sprites) appears in a scene.
You know, that sprite direction would be really useful for me now. With it, and the standard size of the sprites, I could actually code then into the script even without the actuall image.
Quote:
Morning- Carton of Eggs
Background:
Initial – Kyon's Room
“But for the past few nights...” - Ripples Event CG (from prologue)
That Ripple CG is the transition we already have? Or you think they are not good? I usually reffer as 'CG' only the pretty images, so I am kinda confused.

Quote:
Special Effect:
During Big Mitsuuru's line – Flashback Effect
Sepia tone replay of that scene. Could be done by either editing the sprite / background / textbox outside of the game and adding it in, or if Ren'py can do it, as a filter effect.
Not sure I understood. How exactly this Flashback Effect looks like?

Quote:
*KSSSSSSH* - TV Turning Off Effect
You mean the static here right? Btw, what do you think about what I have done for the TV Turning Off thing? No one gived me an opinion so far so I am unsure.

Quote:
Event CG:
“ripple” (see Special Effects) – “Night Time Guest” Observer's POV is centered on Kyon's bed. Kyonko is sitting on it with one foot touching the ground and one partially hanging off the edge. Since she hasn't been “officially” introduced to Kyon, her face would be looking away from the “camera”. One hand can't be seen (the one touching Kyon) while the other is propping her up. There's a large lump under the blanket (Kyon). Kyonko is wearing nothing at allbut a see-through teddylarge t-shirt that goes down to her waistmid-thigh.
This was a hard CG to describe...
You know, I don't really like that idea of hidding Kyonko and Itsuko face until they meting Kyon. Is not like their face is a secret or something like that, so is kinda awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
Joke Guess of the Day that Isn't My Actual Thoughts:
Greentext is Kaisosko.

It only makes no total sense! Only Kaisos (and his genderbent self) would be possible of creating something as fuckedupcrazyawesome as Greentext's lines.
That is actuallly a very amuzing idea.

Quote:
The Greek symbol for Mars would be a perfect way to represent the stargazing, however Greek (ancient or otherwise) is written out as characters rather then symbols. Besides the fact that Mars is a Roman construct based on the god Ares - which is spelled Ἄρης in Greek. Mars would be written in latin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binjovi View Post
I believe the Mars symbol that is being referred to is what most of us are more familiar with as the male symbol.
Yes, it was about that symbol I was talking about.

Quote:
I've seen screens from the Sunohara end. It sounds hilarious. Oh wait, I found this...
Spoiler for Spoilers, and GAY:

So OOC, but god damn is that funny. Great end or greatest end?
You know, I have the impression all Bad Ends have Tomoya being OOC, to explain how he get this bad end in the first place. I finaly finished Fujibayashi route, and the only bad after a certan point (i.e., if I miss a single right aswer I get it, no really matter if it make sense or not) have Tomoya doing what he was suppose to do in the first place (breaking with Ryou earlier) but in such bastard manner that nor Ryou or Kyou whant to talk to him again after it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That really works, actually, since Hisao kept reminding me of an emo Kunikida.

Seriously. Without his "broken heart", Hisao would be the most boring male lead ever.
You say the truth. Even Fate!Shirou annoys me less then him. The game is still great, tough. Even if is solely by the fact is a very well done fan game.

Quote:
Also Kenji is the best male supporting character ever.
I also agree. They should do an actually Gay End with him. One where you live, that is it.

Quote:
I dunno, Jet Saito is a pretty epic end too.
Jet what? How many hidden ends Clannad have? I really tought it was just one for each character.

Quote:
I should hope so.

To be fair, guys, it should be really obvious...
Yet, no one have guessed right.

PP:
Man, why the tread become so active when I spend one day alway?
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 08:47   Link #19764
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Yes, which is one of the planetary symbols. Which anyone who watched Sailor Moon when they were younger should be familiar with.

*cough*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
\", actually. Being the \ a way to cancel the effect of the next character.

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. All other odd characters that have an actual use in the language are canceled when between comas. Well, exept for %(variable)s, but is not like we will ever need such odd characters.

Anyway, you are kinda right about the ". When not used correctly they screw up so badly with the code that is pretty easy to spot. They also change the color of the txt, so it is even easier.

I thaks you a lot because of it. I would also ask to you, while at it, rid off these colons after the characters name. However, I have to point something, what you are doing is a simple grammar revision right? While it is very useful and necessery, is not kinda pointless doing it now? Eventually, someone will ned to edit these texts, and then Kaisos will reedit. Then a new revision will be necessery. So, having one now isn't kinda pointless?
Will do on the formatting stuff. And I figure I'm doing a lot of the grunt work to make Jintor's work easier. Also, I am re-reading the pages surrounding the posts, so I'll incorporate anything I find that we discussed changing.

I meant to add a request for a suitable punishment for Kyon for smashing the camera, because I still can't think of anything... >.>
Quote:
Oh? Go on.
Older Mikuuru that's gone a little bit crazy for some reason. (This is added to my earlier two theories of some sort of meta-Kyonko that remembers everything from Endless Eight and Fang-tan.) Reasoning: the Mitsuuru scene and the fact that she no longer hears the voice once Mitsuuru leaves the clubroom.

Not my favorite of the three, but... I figure it's workable (unless it was shot down already).
Quote:
Man, why the tread become so active when I spend one day alway?
Obviously, the thread is seeking revenge. Did you do something to make it angry, Heatth? Like maybe... BEAT THE TOPIC WITH A STEEL PIPE AND THEN SHOVE IT INTO A TUB FULL OF LYE?
Shadow takes all.

Last edited by scify; 2009-09-16 at 09:20.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 08:55   Link #19765
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Omg noez not the lye!!!!!!
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 10:37   Link #19766
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I could always give hints to those who want them... not that anything I say should really be trusted...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 11:06   Link #19767
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
"The Grass is Always Greener"

Somehow I read this as "The Geass is Always Greener"
Since when are Geasses green?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 12:11   Link #19768
Heatth

Quote:
Will do on the formatting stuff. And I figure I'm doing a lot of the grunt work to make Jintor's work easier. Also, I am re-reading the pages surrounding the posts, so I'll incorporate anything I find that we discussed changing.
I see. Thanks for your work. Again.

Quote:
I meant to add a request for a suitable punishment for Kyon for smashing the camera, because I still can't think of anything... >.>
More finantial penalty maybe? Making he pay for every one in the Brigade(exept for Mikuru). We could also add a variable Broke=True, meaning he can't buy anything after that if he pick both penaltys. No cue how it would affect the story.

I can't think in nothing as criative as her punishment at Charmed at Fist Sight LOVER!, tough.

Quote:
Older Mikuuru that's gone a little bit crazy for some reason. (This is added to my earlier two theories of some sort of meta-Kyonko that remembers everything from Endless Eight and Fang-tan.) Reasoning: the Mitsuuru scene and the fact that she no longer hears the voice once Mitsuuru leaves the clubroom.
...Amuzing.

Anyway, didn't Kyonko say it was a female? She called it 'she' in Separation.

Quote:
Obviously, the thread is seeking revenge. Did you do something to make it angry, Heatth? Like maybe... BEAT THE TOPIC WITH A STEEL PIPE AND THEN SHOVE IT INTO A TUB FULL OF LYE?
Bu.. but I.... I... wasn't the only one was I? And Clannad is not that far from the topic, anyway (VN, Kyoto Animation...).

Danm you thread! Iwill remember it!
Old 2009-09-16, 12:22   Link #19769
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
More finantial penalty maybe? Making he pay for every one in the Brigade(exept for Mikuru). We could also add a variable Broke=True, meaning he can't buy anything after that if he pick both penaltys. No cue how it would affect the story.

I can't think in nothing as criative as her punishment at Charmed at Fist Sight LOVER!, tough.
Awesome penalty was awesome. Shame the misunderstanding was taken care of.

Quote:
Anyway, didn't Kyonko say it was a female? She called it 'she' in Separation.
Which is why Mikuru was mentioned. Not really sure why the first u was doubled, though.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-09-16, 12:41   Link #19770
Heatth

Quote:
Awesome penalty was awesome. Shame the misunderstanding was taken care of.
Agree. A pitty.

Quote:
Which is why Mikuru was mentioned. Not really sure why the first u was doubled, though.
Ah, make sense. I read Mitsuuru, for some reason. Probably that double u.

...Double u... Should Mitswru be read the same as Mitsuuru?

PP:
Wait, he said 'Mitsuuru' latter! Twice! Are you trying to confuse me?
Old 2009-09-16, 12:55   Link #19771
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Agree. A pitty.

Ah, make sense. I read Mitsuuru, for some reason. Probably that double u.

...Double u... Should Mitswru be read the same as Mitsuuru?

PP:
Wait, he said 'Mitsuuru' latter! Twice! Are you trying to confuse me?
Sorry about the extra U in Mikuru. I blame it on typing Mitsuuru too often.

And that is, in fact, the source of the letter "w": in many ancient languages, the sound that "w" represents was written as two "u"s very close to each other. (Theban, for example). And in some modern languages, the long "u" sound can double as a "w" sound (arabic, for example: و is either "uu" or "w" depending on the context. And region.)

When I said "the Mitsuuru scene," I was referring to the first major choice for Mitsuuru in Universe A, when the greentext goes crazycrazier. (aka, Mitsuuru's This is the story of a... scene). And in "Separation," she hears greentext while Mitsuuru is still around, but once he leaves (and she subsequently runs into Tsuruya-san, which is also an argument for it being one of the two Tsuruyas) she doesn't hear it anymore.

Again, not my favorite of my three theories, but it was something I thought up while editing. Closer reading and whatnot.
Shadow takes all.
Old 2009-09-16, 13:03   Link #19772
Heatth

Quote:
Sorry about the extra U in Mikuru. I blame it on typing Mitsuuru too often.

When I said "the Mitsuuru scene," I was referring to the first major choice for Mitsuuru in Universe A, when the greentext goes crazycrazier. (aka, Mitsuuru's This is the story of a... scene )And in "Separation," she hears greentext while Mitsuuru is still around, but once he leaves (and she subsequently runs into Tsuruya-san, which is also an argument for it being one of the two Tsuruyas) she doesn't hear it anymore.
I see my mistake then. Nice thinking, btw. I can't comment further, tough. I already knows who/what she is, so any word could be a hint. Danchou would be mad with me.

Quote:
And that is, in fact, the source of the letter "w": in many ancient languages, the sound that "w" represents was written as two "u"s very close to each other. (Theban, for example). And in some modern languages, the long "u" sound can double as a "w" sound (arabic, for example: و is either "uu" or "w" depending on the context. And region.)
Ah, I've forgot you like languages. Well, the W name is double-u, after all. It is why it has this shape right? Two Vs. U and V used to be the same letter, if I am not mistake.

PP:
Quote:
Again, not my favorite of my three theories, but it was something I thought up while editing. Closer reading and whatnot.
How are the other 3? I am curious now.
Old 2009-09-16, 16:55   Link #19773
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Ah, I've forgot you like languages. Well, the W name is double-u, after all. It is why it has this shape right? Two Vs. U and V used to be the same letter, if I am not mistake.
Correct. At least, in the languages that I have some vague knowledge of (my girlfriend is a better resource on this then I am, I fear).

Quote:
PP:

How are the other 3? I am curious now.
I mentioned the others in the previous post: evil Kyonko-variant that remembers all of Endless Eight (my preferred theory) or Tsuruya-chan (more because of coincidences in the script and the green-ness of the greentext then thinking she'd pull something that cruel).

More edit goodness!
Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3: His House- Intruder Alert:
Shadow takes all.
Old 2009-09-16, 17:13   Link #19774
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Spoiler for September the Fourth, Day 3, Interlude 3: A Room- Left Behind:
>.> Overuse of commas...

Also, this line
Spoiler:
bugs me, but I'm having trouble thinking of a rewrite. Suggestions?

Also, spawnofthejudge made a good point when he said that cell phones default to voice mail if the phone is out of the service area. Anyone want to write little voice mail messages for Haruki to click off halfway through? Or do we prefer the suspense (and avoiding the "why didn't he just leave a voicemail" discussion) of leaving them as-is.
Shadow takes all.

Last edited by scify; 2010-01-23 at 02:23. Reason: fix'd the tag
Old 2009-09-16, 17:31   Link #19775
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Morning (To School)- The Darkness Before Dawn:
You know I've been living here too long when I have to stop and wonder if "misremember" is a Bush-ism. (It's not, by the way... and according to Wiktionary, it's been around for some time. Still don't like it, though.)

EDIT: Should I keep going, or is this enough for now?
Shadow takes all.

Last edited by scify; 2010-01-23 at 02:25.
Old 2009-09-16, 20:42   Link #19776
Heatth

Quote:
I mentioned the others in the previous post: evil Kyonko-variant that remembers all of Endless Eight (my preferred theory) or Tsuruya-chan (more because of coincidences in the script and the green-ness of the greentext then thinking she'd pull something that cruel).
Ah, I haven't noticied. Nice theorys.

However, if you are going for the color, I would say Kimidori(f) is obviously the better choice. I am speaking about th dog.

Quote:
You know I've been living here too long when I have to stop and wonder if "misremember" is a Bush-ism. (It's not, by the way... and according to Wiktionary, it's been around for some time. Still don't like it, though.)

EDIT: Should I keep going, or is this enough for now?
...What is a 'Bush-ism'. The president? He was famous for mistaking words?

Anyway, I remember reading 'isremember' in a school book. So I can't see why you don't like it.

And, today, it was a slow day. No one else aroud?
Old 2009-09-16, 21:02   Link #19777
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

... Come on... green? I did the whole card shtick a while back? It should be obvious... Provided I'm being serious, at any rate.
Old 2009-09-16, 23:37   Link #19778
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU...
Yeah, I'm an idiot. I don't even have an excuse here, as I watched sailor moon when I was a kid as much as the next guy my age.

Quote:
You know, that sprite direction would be really useful for me now. With it, and the standard size of the sprites, I could actually code then into the script even without the actuall image.
I'll... get on it. Damn is it tedious though. I shouldn't complain, it can't be as tedious as coding.
Quote:
That Ripple CG is the transition we already have? Or you think they are not good? I usually reffer as 'CG' only the pretty images, so I am kinda confused.
I wrote that when in my notes the ripple was still a CG. Just consider it the same as the Ripple transition in the prologue.
Quote:
Not sure I understood. How exactly this Flashback Effect looks like?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sepia_tone
It's a style during tv shows, animation, movies etc. where a flashback scene (a scene where one is remember something that already happened) is painted over in a sepia tone. It got popular usage due to the fact that old photographs used sepia toning.
Quote:
You mean the static here right? Btw, what do you think about what I have done for the TV Turning Off thing? No one gived me an opinion so far so I am unsure.
As far as I remember, we all thought it was fine. My memory of it is foggy though
Quote:
You know, I don't really like that idea of hidding Kyonko and Itsuko face until they meting Kyon. Is not like their face is a secret or something like that, so is kinda awkward.
It's fine if their face is seen from a side angle, or something. I guess the whole "not fully showing them till they are introuduced to Kyon" isn't necessary, but I really liked the idea.
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 23:40   Link #19779
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The whole VN would be dependent on point of view, correct? Who see's what and when.
Old 2009-09-16, 23:46   Link #19780
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

....too many posts to read....is it worth reading all 990 pages, or should i just read from this on? what do you guys think?

anyways, i was reading the Crossroads Visual Novel, and i couldn't help but laugh all through out, hahaha....btw, what was up with the Green Text i saw at the beginning?seriously
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan