Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-09-20, 22:38   Link #14581
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
Its a bandai thing to have the back skirt solid, theres a lot of kits that way.

and no they havent made the booster add-on's for the GNZ suits.
thanks vektar. imo thats a stupid idea as mobility is limited but im not going out to buy another 1/100 zaku just so i can change the back skirt movable. its slighlty annoying as i cant get it to really get on its knee as if it was sniping a target. the closest thing it can do is do kneeling is to do a squat . the other option is to remove the 2 sections off the waist but then its going to look a bit weird withou some armour.

i hope they do make GNZ leg boosters, theres a 70% chance i'll get them if its released. though its going to be atleast taller than the actual suit's height without the boosters.

theres another line i wouldnt mind bandai releasing but i doubt they'll do it. it would be cool to scale down the ptolemy or ptolemaus into a model though it will probably wound the wallet badly. have any actual spaceships from the gundam series ever been released? i think i might have heard of
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 01:13   Link #14582
Knight_SV

i think MG O Gundam is a possiblity, since bandai just have to re-used the RX-78 frame to it, wether the OYW or the 2.0 version
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 01:47   Link #14583
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*facepalm*

Yes, I just did that.

I think Bandai has proven in the past that they don't reuse frames between different series designs - people back then expected Bandai to reuse the HGUC RX-78 as a base for the HG O Gundam, and yet when it came out the HG O Gundam uses a completely different mold that shares NONE of the parts of the HGUC RX-78. Bandai is known for recycling yes, but people are really exxagerating that aspect of Bandai when it comes to things like this. Besides, despite the similarities the O Gundam is such a markedly different Gundam from the RX-78 proportion wise and gimmick wise that it isn't even possible to recycle the RX-78 frame for the task lest you extensively remake it - at which point it's cheaper to just create a whole new frame, which is what I expect they'll do.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 03:40   Link #14584
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I have to agree with LoweGear here.

Thinking again, if they reused the RX-78's MG frame, while is is possible to accomodate the big ass GN Condenser, but how is it going to hold the GN Drive?

Looking at Exia's frame, I think Bandai's going to need a new frame for the O Gundam... If they release it. And if they do, I bet O Gundam's frame will be an integration of the RX-78 and Exia's.
Old 2009-09-21, 04:24   Link #14585
Knight_SV

that's what i thinking StratoSpear, Exia Frame for the torso, and RX-78 frame for the arms and legs
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 04:52   Link #14586
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

hey guys quick question, for the guys who give their kits a 'topcoat', do u guys first apply the initial paint then apply the topcoat or do u just spray the topcoat (matt in this case) directly onto the kit? after visiting some gundam model sites, many modellers just spray the matt topcoat directly onto the kits without using any other paints at all? is there a difference between the two methods?
Old 2009-09-21, 05:43   Link #14587
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
that's what i thinking StratoSpear, Exia Frame for the torso, and RX-78 frame for the arms and legs
Maybe in appearance, but not in the actual mold. For one, the O Gundam's arms and legs are much notably thinner than the RX-78-2's - ripping off the RX-78's frame for a MG O Gundam would result in a disproportionately fat O Gundam.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-09-21, 07:21   Link #14588
Tormenk

The upper calves of the O Gundam sports numerous vents on the back as well, which is part of the inner frame rather than outer armor.

As for topcoat, there's no difference between the two methods as the reason behind topcoating is the same. Topcoat is used to provide a protective finish on top of the paint/raw plastic from air and dust.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 08:16   Link #14589
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
special prize for PG 00 Raiser clear armour seems to be the whole unit

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 08:35   Link #14590
Nerroth
NePoi!

If they do a MG 0 Gundam, I would bet that they would try to time some sort of R2 release to co-incide with it - either create a conversion kit for a pre-existing MG Exia, or go ahead and release the MG R2 as a separate kit.

Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the pattern of the SD and HG boxes, in having the R2 and 0 Gundam posed in a swords-clashing stance on their respective box art images...

...also, what choice would you go for, regarding a second Anno Domini suit for PG status? For me, I'd hope they'd go for the Reborns Gundam, to provide a good adversary to the 00-Raiser - but then, it's not like I could afford either for the foreseeable, anyway.
Old 2009-09-21, 10:38   Link #14591
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
I'd just be happy if they made a MG reborns gundam.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 15:04   Link #14592
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
theres another line i wouldnt mind bandai releasing but i doubt they'll do it. it would be cool to scale down the ptolemy or ptolemaus into a model though it will probably wound the wallet badly. have any actual spaceships from the gundam series ever been released? i think i might have heard of
i know its not banday but there is a series of EX models, those are models of the ships. just check out dalongs EX section. i myself have a 1/400 Prolemaios and have my fingers crossed for a ptolemaios 2 (though i doubt that'll ever happen )

on another note, i've been visiting these forums for a long time now and have (finaly) decided to register (just to post this, i know xD).
i've noticed you guys really like photo's of completed models so i'll might just go ahead and update my site's gallery with shots of my collection (i think i own an above average amount of models :P )
GrimmReaperNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 15:10   Link #14593
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
i know its not banday but there is a series of EX models, those are models of the ships. just check out dalongs EX section.
Ehrm the EX Model line of ships and vehicles are from Bandai - it says so right there on their boxes They also have the Gundam Collection line of 1/400 spacecraft, which does include the Ptolemaios and White Base.

Old 2009-09-21, 15:19   Link #14594
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ehrm the EX Model line of ships and vehicles are from Bandai - it says so right there on their boxes They also have the Gundam Collection line of 1/400 spacecraft, which does include the Ptolemaios and White Base.
ahh man, 1st post and already a typo (banday -> bandai) and a mistake. i ment to say i didn't know if it was bandai or not (i could have looked on the box though.. i have arch angel, white base and argama)

as for the collectors series, like i said. i have the ptolemaios (how the .. did i manage to type "Prolemaios" is beyond me...)
Old 2009-09-21, 17:48   Link #14595
yusawateva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
The upper calves of the O Gundam sports numerous vents on the back as well, which is part of the inner frame rather than outer armor.

As for topcoat, there's no difference between the two methods as the reason behind topcoating is the same. Topcoat is used to provide a protective finish on top of the paint/raw plastic from air and dust.
what are some topcoats (that are matte)?
if you can can you provide me a link?
thanks!

i want bandai to release everymonth(?) or two month a new UC MG ver2 and a 00 MG
0 gundam's gonna be a must get for me, flags, enacts and tierens will be intresting

so people with the MG guntank finished or working on it, how is it?
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 19:20   Link #14596
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
i know its not banday but there is a series of EX models, those are models of the ships. just check out dalongs EX section. i myself have a 1/400 Prolemaios and have my fingers crossed for a ptolemaios 2 (though i doubt that'll ever happen )

on another note, i've been visiting these forums for a long time now and have (finaly) decided to register (just to post this, i know xD).
i've noticed you guys really like photo's of completed models so i'll might just go ahead and update my site's gallery with shots of my collection (i think i own an above average amount of models :P )
Quote:
thanks for the info, that line looks awesome. i wonder what scale the se1 gundams on the 1/400 ptolemaios are. i would like to get one but im not sure of availbility and price.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 19:53   Link #14597
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
thanks for the info, that line looks awesome. i wonder what scale the se1 gundams on the 1/400 ptolemaios are. i would like to get one but im not sure of availbility and price.
well obviously they are in a 1/400 scale but i doubt that is what you ment.
i made a picture of the 1/400 kyrios in MA mode and virtue next to my HG S1 1/144 models. have a look:
Spoiler:

they are pretty small next to the 1/144's but they look just fine on ptolemaios as you can see here:
Spoiler:

Last edited by GrimmReaperNL; 2010-11-10 at 13:33.
GrimmReaperNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 03:02   Link #14598
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
thanks for the tip tormenk, i think i probly would just do a flat topcoat on just the white pieces to get that 'clay' looking effect.

on a completely different note, in regards to the PG 00 raiser, apparently i heard that some hobby shops are bundling the clear parts with the kit (so that ppl wont need to get them from Bandai directly), anyone know of any online store that does this?
Old 2009-09-22, 03:04   Link #14599
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

Quote:
that 1/400 Ptolemaios amaze me never knew that it capable of giving such detail and gimmick. Hmm too bad there is no Ptolemaios2 model
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 10:28   Link #14600
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusawateva View Post
what are some topcoats (that are matte)?
if you can can you provide me a link?
thanks!
I use Mr Hobby Topcoat for my models. http://www.hlj.com/product/GNZB-503

There's also Mr Super Clear Flat http://www.hlj.com/product/GNZB-514 but I have never tried it before. The former's water based while the latter is laquer-based but I might be wrong about that.

Quote:
so people with the MG guntank finished or working on it, how is it?
This might be helpful. http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_toriko/mg-guntank.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
thanks for the tip tormenk, i think i probly would just do a flat topcoat on just the white pieces to get that 'clay' looking effect.
Topcoat fogs up clear pieces so take that into account. Otherwise avoid conditions that might result in frosting ie. humid or wet weather and you should be fine.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy