Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It goes both ways, I'm afraid.

Also, this is relevant.
Nah, this post isn't relevant at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If that was the case then Sajin would have received one decent leveled battle by now.
Lol wut?

Quote:
This coming from you is a little funny, considering you like to imagine yourself as being the only objective voice in the entire animesuki "family" when it is blantantly obvious your subjectivity is just as prevelent as any other anime/manga fan...
Nope I'm always the one schooling you guys on the difference between theories and facts .

For example...

Quote:
That being said, Aizen says (in the spoilers) that Harribel is "not good enough to fight under me". If the thrid ranked individual in his personal army isn't "good enough" for him, that means....that the entire Espada organization is ultimately meaningless to Aizen and his plans.
STOP!

I want to hear Aizen's reasons not your assumptions [See that]. So we can truly understand what was Aizen's reasons for his actions.
Old 2009-09-24, 02:54   Link #142
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To your discussion with James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I'm not arguing Hitsugaya being a fan favorite I'm telling you Kubo still doesn't make him an All-Star. Kubo still kicks Hitsugaya's cheeks up and down Bleach even though he is a fan favorite that's not catering.
Quote:
The fact that Hitsugaya is still alive, and is even given fake victories just to stoke the fan base, means that Kubo caters to Hitsugaya's fan base. There is no other reason for Hitsugaya to be so prominently featured if it wasn't because of his fan base...
Quote:
Nope I'm always the one schooling you guys on the difference between theories and facts .
You do a very bad job of it.
Old 2009-09-24, 02:55   Link #143
Phenomenal
Banned

Already been addressed no need..

Thanks anyway.

Quote:
You do a very bad job of it.
I see, cause you guys are still using opinions as facts.
Old 2009-09-24, 02:56   Link #144
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
LULZ the fact that Hitsugaya is a captain alone makes him prominent in the Bleach story, not cause of the fan base. Fake victories you say..Hitsugaya's victories are earned through hell against weaklings [You see his battle with Luppi? lol]. He didn't even beat Halibel, got pwned by Aizen, toyed with by Gin. And Hitsugaya doesn't have to die, no captain good guy so far has bit the dust, so that's a bad excuse. Show me where Hitsugaya overshadows everyone in the series then we can talk .
Hmmm, I don't think that addresses my point at all...

Besides. He did beat Halibel.
Old 2009-09-24, 02:57   Link #145
Phenomenal
Banned

It does....read harder..
Old 2009-09-24, 02:58   Link #146
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah simply saying that he doesn't have to die when I've give ample reason why he does, does not address my point...
Old 2009-09-24, 03:00   Link #147
Phenomenal
Banned

I don't care about your wants/reasons I gave you a fact that Kubo don't kill off Captains.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:01   Link #148
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yes, i'm fully aware of the fact that Kubo doesn't kill off captains.

He should. That's my fucking point. Simply saying that he doesn't does not address the fact that he should. Why can't you understand that?
Old 2009-09-24, 03:08   Link #149
Phenomenal
Banned

You making claims that Kubo didn't kill hitsu cause of the fandom is retarded that is ultimately your lame point. When the fact is no good guys die in this dang series no matter how much you want it. Why can't you understand that?
Old 2009-09-24, 03:11   Link #150
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
You making claims that Kubo didn't kill hitsu cause of the fandom is retarded that is ultimately your lame point. When the fact is no good guys die in this dang series no matter how much you want it. Why can't you understand that?

No. My point is that no good guys die because Kubo listens to retarded fandom. Hitsu is a perfect example.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:13   Link #151
Phenomenal
Banned

Bull, then EVERY Good guy is a fan favorite like Hitsu..
Old 2009-09-24, 03:13   Link #152
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

No. Every good guy has a fan base.

Either that or Kubo is just a bad writer. Because this rule that No good guys should die is just plain fucking stupid no matter how hard you look at it and is just a cheap ass plot device.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:14   Link #153
james0246

Quote:
Lol wut?
You said Hitsu-chan was important because he was a Captain. Well then, using the same logic, Sajin is as important, correct? Then why hasn't Sajin ever received a decent leveled battle whereas Hitsu has received more than any other captain? The only answer is fan base. The fans keep Hitsu-chan alive, and the fans keep him relevent to the story when he really shouldn't be.

There is nothing wrong with this, or at least I do not really care if an author/mangaka picks which characters to use based on popularity. All that matters is if he or she can work them into the storyline properly.

Quote:
I want to hear Aizen's reasons not your assumptions [See that]. So we can truly understand what was Aizen's reasons for his actions.
Hm, that is not truly an assumption, or at least I am not using a natural deduction system, but rather an axiomatic system. But, whatever...

That being said, I quoted Aizen himself. He explained the what (kill Harribel) and the why (because she is useless). Consequently, we have a modus operandi (a reason). Could future information prove his statement only works for her (i.e. only she is useless, but the other lower ranks were useful)? Yes, of course. But then that creates a contradiction because it wouldn't make sense for her to be ranked so highly if she is not in fact a useful tool. So, if she is a useful tool, he would not have killed her, but since he did kill her, that means she was useless, and to escape contridiction, that means all those below her are ultimately just as useless (which in turn means the fights with the lesser Espada do not matter to the plot).
Old 2009-09-24, 03:14   Link #154
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
No. Every good guy has a fan base.

Either that or Kubo is just a bad writer. Because this rule that No good guys should die is just plain fucking stupid no matter how hard you look at it and is just a cheap ass plot device.
Yeah, not number one like Hitsu [Which was your dang point]..You can pack it up now.
And Bleach story is still going who says a good guy won't bite it? Stop assuming

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-09-24 at 03:30.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:16   Link #155
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That doesn't really make any sense. I did tell you that not all have to be number 1.

LOL. Now you're saying that good guys can die? That would contradict the rule now and would just make Hitsu not dying look even more stupid. Your logic. Not mine.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:21   Link #156
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler1339 View Post
Sounds like I need to dissapear for a while. See you guys in 5-10 chaps from now.

But to go out with a bang, let me just remind you that ichigo has the best regeneration now. Shunsui can't win regardless of the damage.

See ya.
Even without the regen Ichigo has the "hero's melee vest" in which no matter how strong an attack is, he still has 1 hp. Just enough for the Hollow to come to the rescue.

And looks like my theory was right. Halibel was #3 due to affirmative action.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:22   Link #157
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
You said Hitsu-chan was important because he was a Captain. Well then, using the same logic, Sajin is as important, correct? Then why hasn't Sajin ever received a decent leveled battle whereas Hitsu has received more than any other captain? The only answer is fan base. The fans keep Hitsu-chan alive, and the fans keep him relevent to the story when he really shouldn't be.

There is nothing wrong with this, or at least I do not really care if an author/mangaka picks which characters to use based on popularity. All that matters is if he or she can work them into the storyline properly.
Sajin is simply weaker than Hitsu of course his battles are not going to be as potent as Hitsu's. terrible example by you James and yet Sajin has battled Aizen juts like Hitsu and got pwned [like Hitsu] Got toyed with by Kenpachi [Just like Gin toyed with hitsu] and Smashed Po who was a strong minion under Barragan. Hitsu ONLY decent level battle was against Halibel. what are you chatting?

Quote:
Hm, that is not truly an assumption, or at least I am not using a natural deduction system, but rather an axiomatic system. But, whatever...

That being said, I quoted Aizen himself. He explained the what (kill Harribel) and the why (because she is useless). Consequently, we have a modus operandi (a reason). Could future information prove his statement only works for her (i.e. only she is useless, but the other lower ranks were useful)? Yes, of course. But then that creates a contradiction because it wouldn't make sense for her to be ranked so highly if she is not in fact a useful tool. So, if she is a useful tool, he would not have killed her, but since he did kill her, that means she was useless, and to escape contridiction, that means all those below her are ultimately just as useless (which in turn means the fights with the lesser Espada do not matter to the plot).

This is really just simple logic...
No, simple logic would be to let us hear the reasons from the story.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:28   Link #158
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think we should wait for the chapter to come out, read what Aizen exactly says and then continue this discussion...spoilers tend to be vague and,well, it's just a day to go.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:31   Link #159
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
That doesn't really make any sense. I did tell you that not all have to be number 1..
Not in your wonderfully "relevant" post.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:32   Link #160
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Cause Aizen said so...
Well atleast you've learned...

Quote:
Not in your wonderfully "relevant" post.
How so?
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion