AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-18, 02:59   Link #221
u43368
Disabled By Request

Ninja's are going to be scary as hell with lightweight, marathon and scrambler. Damn, I'm torn between this and Operation Flashpoint.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 06:07   Link #222
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Kill streaks are pretty interesting too, at 11 now get to be a gunner of a AC-130 Gunship!
Wait, what? Can someone post a link or video or something confirming this? I thought you just called it in like the attack helo or pick a spot on the map for the AC-130 to pummel like the air strike. I'm sure you'd rack up shitloads of kills, but I'd rather run around shooting people than be an AC-130 gunner.
Old 2009-09-18, 12:02   Link #223
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well the description of the perk said gunner of the gunship but I'm not entirely sure how it goes then again this seems like a pretty good indicator of how it goes

Old 2009-09-22, 21:53   Link #224
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The Japanese (and probably SEA versions of the Japanese MW2 version) MW2 version is out by Winter of this year.
By "Japanese" version are they just subtitling the game dialogues and translating the menu, or are they giving the characters Japanese VA speech like what they did to Crysis? who are they gonna assign to voice Cpt. Mactavish, then?
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 11:55   Link #225
sammybaker

This is the bomb! New weapons, great game play...killer game! I like that fact that more attention to detail has been done here. Its always nice to see the grenade really punch someone through the window!
sammybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:03   Link #226
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
By "Japanese" version are they just subtitling the game dialogues and translating the menu, or are they giving the characters Japanese VA speech like what they did to Crysis? who are they gonna assign to voice Cpt. Mactavish, then?
Could be. Who knows?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 15:02   Link #227
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.4gamer.net/games/079/G007967/20090330011/

A Japanese article highlighting the release of MW2 in Japan.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-09-30, 02:03   Link #228
Siddyus
The Insidious

This is the only game I am looking forward for this year. Hopefully my good ol comp can run this.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 08:46   Link #229
zibi88

well im kinda waiting for MW2 too ^^ I guess I will lose lots of time in multiplayer :P anwyway this game is the only one that I cant wait for in this year..... next year it will be Aliens vs Predator game (I like this series and its multiplayer ^^ wont forget avp2 multi ^^).... so mostly next game I will look foward too is Diablo3 ^^each game in each year....

hope that they will soon post official game requirements of MW2...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:55   Link #230
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

After completing the MW1 campaign 3 times and having tons of fun in multiplayer earlier this year, MW2 has crawled up to my number 1 buy this winter. Luckily, I managed to persuade a few friends to join in too. The latest multiplayer videos was the final straw and I'm really looking forward to the mayhem.

I do hope my PC can handle it, because while MW1 could run at almost the highest settings without error, MW2 seems to be even more craving, although that's not surprising. At least the medium settings should be without problems...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 22:10   Link #231
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The latest trailer, titled "Infamy":

A level set in a war-torn Washington DC with enemies barricading the White House? What kind of epic is this?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:24   Link #232
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A level set in a war-torn Washington DC with enemies barricading the White House? What kind of epic is this? :eek:
An interesting kind, I would wager. It is worth noting that MW2 is hardly alone in choosing to 'bring the heat' to DC (contrary to what some on other forums would have you believe); indeed, there are multiple precedents, among them being:
  • Fallout 3;
  • Command & Conquer 3;
  • Red Alert 2 (and 3);
  • The Conduit;
  • Act of War: Direct Action; and
  • HAWX
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 00:38   Link #233
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Still, it is a first for the CoD series to bring the action to North American shores instead of being set in a foreign country. And with Infinity Ward's storytelling prowess, it'll be quite epic indeed.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:00   Link #234
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
The latest trailer, titled "Infamy":

A level set in a war-torn Washington DC with enemies barricading the White House? What kind of epic is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
An interesting kind, I would wager. It is worth noting that MW2 is hardly alone in choosing to 'bring the heat' to DC (contrary to what some on other forums would have you believe); indeed, there are multiple precedents, among them being:
  • Fallout 3;
  • Command & Conquer 3;
  • Red Alert 2 (and 3);
  • The Conduit;
  • Act of War: Direct Action; and
  • HAWX
Quote:
Still, it is a first for the CoD series to bring the action to North American shores instead of being set in a foreign country. And with Infinity Ward's storytelling prowess, it'll be quite epic indeed.
I came .50 BMG. If this is the penultimate mission (like in No Fighting In War Room) they better make it bloody awesome.

--------------
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 01:30   Link #235
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
The latest trailer, titled "Infamy"

*perks up*

MULTIPLAYER. Dibs on the Oval Office. Calling AC-130's. Sounds like my kind of party.

So...the only realistic way I can see enemy troops being inside Washington, D.C. is if they're aided by defected American soldiers.

Quote:
I wouldn't say they have storytelling prowess. The plot isn't that original. I like them for basically bringing the essence of the Michael Bay action film to a video game. That said, it's nothing deep, it's just fun.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:41   Link #236
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I had a feeling that would come.

Now I'm probably gonna get the NA and the JP versions when they come out for the PS3.

Can't wait to see if a Japan level would show up.

Old 2009-10-05, 10:50   Link #237
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

If you see the first part of the video, the suits are raiding the airport, and the weapon first seen is a SCAR-H (7.62x51mm). Since SCAR is only used by the US currently and probably not meant for the export market, it should be a case of defecting troops seizing the White House.

This sounds like an American future not far away. Any of you here stocking up guns for the sake of your country yet?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 11:55   Link #238
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If you see the first part of the video, the suits are raiding the airport, and the weapon first seen is a SCAR-H (7.62x51mm).
*SCAR-L, note the 5.56x45mm NATO STANAG magazine
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 12:36   Link #239
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

But the signs in the video had Cyrillic letters on.

Old 2009-10-05, 13:00   Link #240
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If you see the first part of the video, the suits are raiding the airport, and the weapon first seen is a SCAR-H (7.62x51mm). Since SCAR is only used by the US currently and probably not meant for the export market, it should be a case of defecting troops seizing the White House.

This sounds like an American future not far away. Any of you here stocking up guns for the sake of your country yet?
I was under the impression that the airport, which we've seen since the first trailer, was Japanese (announcement voice in teaser), later changed to Russian (cyrillic on armed police and signs).

The voice musing about Cain and Abel in the beginning is distinctly American, so the raiders can in fact be Americans. Whether they belong to the military or a PMC is another matter.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote