AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 21:52   Link #121
Xacual

You know its really funny because after last episode I was thinking, Hei and Suou are going to need a Doll, I wonder if July will join up with them since April and November 11 are now gone.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2009-10-23 at 22:10.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:02   Link #122
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The show also announced the official DTB fanbook! All right (Naked Snake voice).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-23, 22:33   Link #123
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
I was also surprised how July just out of nowhere joined the team.
I believe it makes sense that he would join Suou, simply because Suou is his last link to April. Afterall, July was aware that April was working for Suou's Dad & tended to look out for Suou as Bella. April did die, while trying to keep Suou alive. So, it seems a natural progression to me that July would want to do the same & help Suou out.

And

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well it's join the team that getting the heck out of dodge or die when that other contractor smashes you with his stone fist.

July needs a team for protection. It's an easy choice to make to me.
This.

It's true that he is also aware of the fact that Hei is responsible for April's death, but that wouldn't detract him from doing the sensible thing. July is a doll. While he is capable of feeling emotions & being deadpannedly sentimental ( like his decision to help Suou, which, like I said stems from her connection to April/Bella), he is a rational being & as such wouldn't be opposed to working with Hei, whatever his transgressions.

Last edited by Hope; 2009-10-23 at 23:02.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:47   Link #124
LeoXiao
思想工作

I think it's definitely possible that Nika is still alive, after some thought. He was a rather emotional character with a relation to the protagonist, meaning that his death would've required a full sequence rather than "bugs come", "bugs squish", and "switch clip". Also, he is included in the OP with Tanya (hot hot hot), which gives him survivability.
However, his "death" did seem rather complete. When that many insects get on you and crush you to the point where a significant amount of blood comes out of your head, it's a good sign that you're done.
Old 2009-10-23, 22:57   Link #125
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I think it's definitely possible that Nika is still alive, after some thought. He was a rather emotional character with a relation to the protagonist, meaning that his death would've required a full sequence rather than "bugs come", "bugs squish", and "switch clip". Also, he is included in the OP with Tanya (hot hot hot), which gives him survivability.
However, his "death" did seem rather complete. When that many insects get on you and crush you to the point where a significant amount of blood comes out of your head, it's a good sign that you're done.
I don't think they crushed him, I thought they were eating him alive.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:06   Link #126
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

God damn I love this series so much.

Looks like my intuition about Mao transferring to the squirrel was correct. I can suspend my belief for Mao's memory returning since it is not plot breaking, but it in truth, it really didn't make much sense. It's a plot device, but whatever.

I wonder why Hei didn't tell Suou that he didn't kill the doctor like he told the CIA agent... I assume that this is going to come to terms next episode where we see the sniper rifle pointed at Hei's back.

By the way, people have to remember that BK201's powers were not just limited to electricity... It also has the power to give the power of contractors to another person. Do the contractors created by BK201 have any difference from others? We do not know. But I think Suou got her powers from that electrical field that zapped Hei.

But yeah, even if Hei doesn't have his powers, he showed what a badass he is without them anyways! Though, he would still be more awesome with his black coat and powers...

Hei wanting to kill Yin (Presumably) reminds me of Hei wanting to kill Amber last season.

Anyhow, this episode gets a 9/10. This episode really did fly by.

P.S. Monir, you aren't the only one with his mind in the gutter ....
Old 2009-10-24, 00:08   Link #127
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Least we all know that Ikebukuro is Hell's Gate territory. I forgot if any of the wards are in Hell's Gate too aside from with parts of Chiyoda in it (It swallows the whole of the TMPD HQ).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-24, 00:09   Link #128
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

idk, but im distracted by how long and strong that rifle is
Old 2009-10-24, 00:16   Link #129
orangejuicetang

Does anybody else feel that Mao might have been referring to
Spoiler for season 1:
when he was talking about 'her'?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:31   Link #130
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
But yeah, Suou has it easy.
Contractors never have me easy. Their condition where their personality is all but killed seems to me one of the greatest tragedies the show has shown to us. It makes me want to cry.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:33   Link #131
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Contractors never have me easy. Their condition where their personality is all but killed seems to me one of the greatest tragedies the show has shown to us. It makes me want to cry.
Problem is that Contractors lacking emotions is just an urban myth within the story, though. Throughout the two seasons, we've seen over and over that Contractors possess emotions, and that if they seem emotionless, it's because their logic--or common sense--often overrides emotional holds barring normal people from doing... things.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:59   Link #132
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Does anybody else feel that Mao might have been referring to
Spoiler for season 1:
when he was talking about 'her'?
Probably not, I mean Amber is gone and at the end of season 1 Hei seemed to have reached a peacful resolution with her.

Suou becoming a contractor is expected but somewhat of a downer since that personality I liked to much is going to be gone. I think the dynamics would be much better with her original personality but now we have 3 contractors with basically the same train of thought. I can hope that by some kind of technicality she gets to keep her personality.
Old 2009-10-24, 00:59   Link #133
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Maybe I should have said that their personality is severly hampered or damaged. And still, contractors that show emotions are so primitive or simple minded in doing so that it seems almost instinctual (a mother grieving for her baby for example). It is not as clearly cut as they losing all emotions, but still it is a tragedy.

Quote:
Suou becoming a contractor is expected but somewhat of a downer since that personality I liked to much is going to be gone.
Yup, pretty much my peeve with the "twist"
Old 2009-10-24, 01:05   Link #134
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Not really. Just another scene of Hei trying to catch a naked Yin. Hei also tried to rape Suou again (who was completely naked this time) too, but Contractors are allowed to molest young girls (according to Hei himself previous episode), so all a days work for the Black Hobo.
lol, that translation was an incorrect translation that was meant as a joke.
Hei didn't actually say that.
Old 2009-10-24, 01:12   Link #135
Equidistant

I'm still wondering why Hei would want to kill Yin, I mean at the beginning of this episode I thought she was dead for sure considering she seems to be standing at the edge of a cliff in the flashback. Is it possible Yin somehow became a contractor and is the one who killed all those people, and that the end of the flashback may involve Yin using her power on Hei? Then again maybe she's just had her memory wiped, been brainwashed, or might still be dead.

As for Suou becoming a contractor, it didn't seem as if she lost her personality, and I doubt she's a contractor in the typical sense considering Hei's power seemed to be sucked up into her pendant which is now giving her contractor powers.
Old 2009-10-24, 01:36   Link #136
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
I'm still wondering why Hei would want to kill Yin, I mean at the beginning of this episode I thought she was dead for sure considering she seems to be standing at the edge of a cliff in the flashback. Is it possible Yin somehow became a contractor and is the one who killed all those people, and that the end of the flashback may involve Yin using her power on Hei? Then again maybe she's just had her memory wiped, been brainwashed, or might still be dead.

As for Suou becoming a contractor, it didn't seem as if she lost her personality, and I doubt she's a contractor in the typical sense considering Hei's power seemed to be sucked up into her pendant which is now giving her contractor powers.
I don't think Hei meant Yin, I think his target is the short blond with glasses, the one talking to Mr. Smith.

Suou seems plenty contractor-like though, with the whole origami thing. I do think that she will gain her spunk back, just like how Hei will get his powers back.

Edit : If I remember correctly Hei killed all of July's allies (am not 100% on the guy who could freeze water)
Old 2009-10-24, 01:43   Link #137
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

You mean November?

Spoiler for Past season:

Old 2009-10-24, 01:49   Link #138
g_silver
Baka Member

Wow!! Nude scene is really....!! > v < WaaAhhh!!!
Suou is now Contractor..!!Ohhwww..!!
..but I feel like she still had her mind intact, not become mindless killing machine like Tanya.

and ability to summon BFK Sniper Gun!!! out of the thin air, surely looks cool
but probably not much useful in close-combat
(support Hei from behind? may be?)

but her recalled to that BFK gun before summon it out.
Is it possible that her true ability could be used to summon any kind of weapons once she saw it..?!!
(hmmm Just guess, but possibility is very low since we all saw her used that gun in OP)
Old 2009-10-24, 01:54   Link #139
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I guess you didn't get from the part I said after that, that I was talking about her renumeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I don't think Hei meant Yin, I think his target is the short blond with glasses, the one talking to Mr. Smith.
Again, no. He was talking about Yin.
Old 2009-10-24, 02:17   Link #140
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Spoiler for After watching Ep 4 preview:
Closed Thread