AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-29, 23:19   Link #1541
GDB

Or just knows her generic weapon, but nothing about guns themselves. For the average person, any sub-automatic machine gun = uzi.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:22   Link #1542
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Or just knows her generic weapon, but nothing about guns themselves. For the average person, any sub-automatic machine gun = uzi.
That's about right. People seem to end up piling all the Uzi and MAC variants into one giant pool (which is just plain wrong). Also, a small request. Can someone please PM me a scan from the manga of a certain Kampfer holding a Steyr TMP (manga readers probably know who I'm referring to)?

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2009-11-29 at 23:34. Reason: I am already aware of the differences between the two weapon systems.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:28   Link #1543
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The difference between the guns are large. Uzi has a grooved grip before the barrel but MAC-10 doesn't, which means that Uzi is meant to be fired with 2 hands for greater accuracy. The MAC 10 is meant to be fired one handed without the grip, making it more of a machine pistol rather than a submachine gun.

Besides the MAC-10 is chambered with the .45 ACP originally, which has a greater stopping power than the Uzi's 9mm. If you want some generic description, it could also be an MP7 or STK CPW. Most of such weapons are based around the Uzi's and MAC.10's designs.

So far Gewehr users are featured using PDWs like SMGs, pistols and revolvers. I can't wait to see someone use a sawn-off shotgun or assault carbine.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:33   Link #1544
Fishfood1

^judging by what you just said, i want a gewehr kampfers use a gattling gun for fun

sure it's heavy, but aren't the kampfers suppose to be stronger than a typical human?

that would be so ridiculously fun seeing one.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:44   Link #1545
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
^judging by what you just said, i want a gewehr kampfers use a gattling gun for fun

sure it's heavy, but aren't the kampfers suppose to be stronger than a typical human?

that would be so ridiculously fun seeing one.
Gattling will become easy target due heavy weight and lack of fire at beginning (cost about 2~3 seconds to roll barrel and fire), she will become dead meat for sure if engage unexpect enemy. I played Crossfire, 90% of situations, I died before my minigun could fire first round.

My opinion, gewehr kampfers use HK G36, HK416, AN94 Abakan or TPG-1, AWM are the best .
Old 2009-11-29, 23:50   Link #1546
Fishfood1

^it's not about the realism, it's about the fan servicing for people just want to see badass weapons.

also they're kampfers, so who knows, maybe they can still move pretty swiftly while carrying that heavy weapon.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:55   Link #1547
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Maybe....just maybe. The Moderators have good reason to give the gunners with light weapons, but I would LOVE to see a Gewehr Kampfer use an actual gewehr (take your pick). Shotguns could also be hard counter to the sword Kampfers who known for counter-cutting projectiles. No way in hell they're intercepting a solid wall of 00 buck.
Old 2009-11-30, 00:01   Link #1548
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
My opinion, gewehr kampfers use HK G36, HK416, AN94 Abakan or TPG-1, AWM are the best .
Coolness should fit into the show, so I think only the G36C will fit into the picture. They might use bullpup weapons like the TAR or SAR-21, or even the bloody expensive FN2000. However, cool as they might look, bullpup weapons are famed for their design stupidity, like right-handed only versions, difficulty of reloading the weapon and difficulty of drawing your sidearm/knife in emergencies.

But with all that guns, swords and magic, I think it is more of a perverted intention to portray cute/hot looking girls holding such weapons. Like my Akane, holding a big black and hard M1911!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-11-30, 00:04   Link #1549
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
^it's not about the realism, it's about the fan servicing for people just want to see badass weapons.

also they're kampfers, so who knows, maybe they can still move pretty swiftly while carrying that heavy weapon.
So, why don't use M2 Browning or other 12.7mm machine guns, those will be devastator weapon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Coolness should fit into the show, so I think only the G36C will fit into the picture. They might use bullpup weapons like the TAR or SAR-21, or even the bloody expensive FN2000. However, cool as they might look, bullpup weapons are famed for their design stupidity, like right-handed only versions, difficulty of reloading the weapon and difficulty of drawing your sidearm/knife in emergencies.

But with all that guns, swords and magic, I think it is more of a perverted intention to portray cute/hot looking girls holding such weapons. Like my Akane, holding a big black and hard M1911!
In my opinion, HK416, especial with full SOPMOD are far cooler than TAR-21, G36. AN94 is also have cool concept .
I think Akane holding Beretta M92FS Elite IA is sexier

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2009-11-30 at 00:18.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 01:48   Link #1550
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Not watched episode 9 yet but after seeing episode 8...
Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2009-11-30, 02:46   Link #1551
Jze0
Hmmm...

"Warning - be a good little boy and ignore the crazy lady."

"Super Warning - Even if you don't want to be a good little boy, you should still ignore the crazy lady." I agree with these two statements.

Poor Akane... wasn't this suppose to be her date and WTF with evil Sakura at the end.
Old 2009-11-30, 04:51   Link #1552
Mentar
Banned

There's one little detail I wanted to highlight a bit: Obviously the White team is about as nutty-diverse as the Blues/Reds. My personal favorite is definitely Hitomi, the Zauber user. She's the smart one calling the shots, obviously. The gentle-teary SMG moeblob is just hilarious, and the wacky-tsundere saber user (what a mix) rounds out the team. Nevertheless, Hitomi is obviously the leader of the bunch - just like effectively, Shizuku is the leader of the purple team.

I was enjoying her exchange with Shizuku ("the most annoying one") alot. She's also the only one so far who has dared to openly mock her during their retreat. Methinks that we'll have an interesting showdown in store.

Final side-comment: Ep9 was the first in a long while in which we got to see the scary side of Shizuku, too. Seeing her usual half-closed eyes open wide when she was about to attack the Whites was animated VERY nicely. Wouldn't want her to look at me like that.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 05:40   Link #1553
vio5555

I have to say; I thought originally that Kampfer was going to be a very mediocre/run of the mill harem series that wasn't destined to go anywhere, but there are actually quite a few selling points that have combined to make it a relatively different spin off the typical set up.

Even with the gender bender aspect; it is fairly interesting how the story is built around the fighting game set up around the various interconnected relationships.

The most refreshing thing is probably that while the guy has eyes for the one girl he won't get, the others are proactively trying to net him in.... Although the element in itself is not unique per se, the execution of it has been done in a way that provides for a lot of development for the characters while also moving the story along.

Shizuku really helps in that sense since you do get the feeling that their relationship is actually developing between episodes 4 and 9 in the same way that the first 5 episodes of Bakemonogatari played out on a relative timescale.

The problem with a lot of the shows we get nowadays is that we're given a de facto situation that really doesn't change; I think that's a bit of a problem in terms of the boredom factor with respect to Maburaho. Having rewatched the series many times, I don't think it makes any difference whether you watch it backwards or forwards; the development is relatively static and barely moves an inch off the premise. On the other hand, you may have a series that goes off the rails trying to do too much such as Shuffle.

If I had to think of a series that this resembles in a lot of ways; the closest would probably be They Are My Noble Masters in terms of having a harem situation which remains engaging due to the actions of strong willed females in trying to move the dial on the main character.

Of course the main character in that one wasn't prejudiced in the weird self-triangular way of the main character in Kampfer, but Kampfer keeps surprising in any event.

You rarely/never see a female character in a harem stake out their claim as boldly as Shizuku has done in this series and that alone is probably enough to justify watching, the rest of the plot is icing.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 06:06   Link #1554
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ep 9

ok, why Sakura's EPIC expressions in this ep reminds me of some character from an H-series?

lol at female Natsuru searching for her male counterpart's family jewels after Akane badmouthed her, despite already got genderbended
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 06:28   Link #1555
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
ok, why Sakura's EPIC expressions in this ep reminds me of some character from an H-series?
Don't you mean..

Old 2009-11-30, 06:45   Link #1556
Azuma Denton
~AD~

OMG, Hail Shizuku~sama...

Another Deep Kiss...
Ck ck ck... I wonder why Akane doest turn into her alter ego after witnessing her Natsuru being appealed by Shizuku...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 07:00   Link #1557
Exellon_Nanoha
nanoha fangirl

aw no free gifs of ep 9 this week?~
Exellon_Nanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 07:39   Link #1558
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
In my opinion, HK416, especial with full SOPMOD are far cooler than TAR-21, G36. AN94 is also have cool concept .
I think Akane holding Beretta M92FS Elite IA is sexier
The M2 cannot be fired from hand. It can only be leafblower carried, and the trigger pull is something you won't dare to push down. The recoil is gay, but yes, the bullet is an overkill for any piece of flesh and bone.

Maybe I am playing too much L4D2, but the Uzi is fast becoming a favourite weapon of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
There's one little detail I wanted to highlight a bit: Obviously the White team is about as nutty-diverse as the Blues/Reds. My personal favorite is definitely Hitomi, the Zauber user. She's the smart one calling the shots, obviously. The gentle-teary SMG moeblob is just hilarious, and the wacky-tsundere saber user (what a mix) rounds out the team. Nevertheless, Hitomi is obviously the leader of the bunch - just like effectively, Shizuku is the leader of the purple team.

I was enjoying her exchange with Shizuku ("the most annoying one") alot. She's also the only one so far who has dared to openly mock her during their retreat. Methinks that we'll have an interesting showdown in store.

Final side-comment: Ep9 was the first in a long while in which we got to see the scary side of Shizuku, too. Seeing her usual half-closed eyes open wide when she was about to attack the Whites was animated VERY nicely. Wouldn't want her to look at me like that.
That SMG moeblob should probably be a castanet user instead of wielding that gun. She could kill all the rest with a single UN-TAN! AOE effect. Sorry, wrong anime.

Hitomi, in the advertisement picture, looks alot like a cross between Hatsune Miku and Kagamine Rin from Vocaloid.

Spoiler for hazard guess:

But the most hilarious comment was still made by Natsuru :

"Stupid dick? It's not there! It's gone! Oh wait... duh."

Old 2009-11-30, 08:19   Link #1559
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Don't you mean..

You're right:

Old 2009-11-30, 08:30   Link #1560
Mentar
Banned

Quote: