AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-07, 20:21   Link #1021
Nosauz

Nooooo! the death wail for aoba and kou.... how could she spy on him at his weakest moment!!! Geh! It was nice that random ojisan was the only one that knew but now we know that aoba knows just adds more gunpowder to the finale.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:27   Link #1022
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Which chapter you were talking about?

That run leads to extra innings, which we are facing now.
It should've never gone into extra innings in the first place! I'm disappointed that he couldn't shut them down in regulation.

I'm hoping this game ends very, very soon. Like, as in the next chapter or two.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:29   Link #1023
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
It should've never gone into extra innings in the first place! I'm disappointed that he couldn't shut them down in regulation.

I'm hoping this game ends very, very soon. Like, as in the next chapter or two.
You just know that the game will end with Kou striking Mishima out with a 100mph fastball so the game will go on for a bit longer.
Old 2009-12-08, 01:02   Link #1024
Nosauz

No... the game won't end with kou striking out somebody. It will either be nakinishi or good ole akaishi to bat it out, or one of the sluggers, Azuma or Kou pound it out to get akaishi/nakinishi home. I love the little bit about kou lying to nakanishi. Maybe kou's calling really is lying.

This chapter was awesome, especially the revelation of the deep down guilt of loving the guy her sister loved. It's also probably the reason why she destroyed the love umbrella at her gramps place. Whether it's subconcious or not these characters are so damn interesting.
Old 2009-12-08, 06:28   Link #1025
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
No... the game won't end with kou striking out somebody. It will either be nakinishi or good ole akaishi to bat it out, or one of the sluggers, Azuma or Kou pound it out to get akaishi/nakinishi home. I love the little bit about kou lying to nakanishi. Maybe kou's calling really is lying.

This chapter was awesome, especially the revelation of the deep down guilt of loving the guy her sister loved. It's also probably the reason why she destroyed the love umbrella at her gramps place. Whether it's subconcious or not these characters are so damn interesting.
You know that Ryou bats in the bottom of the inning right?

I love how Mizuki is completely and I mean utterly clueless about Aoba's feelings
Old 2009-12-08, 06:48   Link #1026
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I did say that the whole hate thing was a dead giveaway, even when they were kids, and Wakaba was around, didn't I? Let's see how - and if - they handle Kou's side of the equation, too.

Old 2009-12-08, 11:35   Link #1027
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I did say that the whole hate thing was a dead giveaway, even when they were kids, and Wakaba was around, didn't I? Let's see how - and if - they handle Kou's side of the equation, too.
It's obvious he's conflicted, I think that's why he has always shied away from baseball, because he if he never took it seriously he could just spend less and less time with aoba, and more of it just being the way wakaba wanted. Then again wakaba is the one who pretty much forces the triangle on to them. Pretty cruel sister huh.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:30   Link #1028
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Let's see how - and if - they handle Kou's side of the equation, too.
Nomo, you go and play in Kou's room now!
Old 2009-12-08, 17:45   Link #1029
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
It's obvious he's conflicted, I think that's why he has always shied away from baseball, because he if he never took it seriously he could just spend less and less time with aoba, and more of it just being the way wakaba wanted. Then again wakaba is the one who pretty much forces the triangle on to them. Pretty cruel sister huh.
Rather than being cruel couldn't it be because Wakaba knew Aoba had feelings for Kou and wanted a fair match(just an assumption). Though it seems Aoba never took her chance. Reminds me of Touch. Both Wakaba and Aoba resemble Tatsuya in a way. Early Tatsuya is pretty much Aoba, eventhough they might have feelings they think it's all pointless. Midway Tatsuya with Wakaba, would happily risk his love for his brother and wanted to play fair(even though he pretty much already won).
Old 2009-12-08, 23:10   Link #1030
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
You know that Ryou bats in the bottom of the inning right?

I love how Mizuki is completely and I mean utterly clueless about Aoba's feelings
The way it is now, one potential outcome (assuming Kou & Co. actually win) is that in the Seishu half of the inning, I think the first three batters are Azuma, Akaishi and Kou. Some combination of the three will probably get a run. The Ryou half of the inning starts off at the top of their order again, so if one batter gets on base, Kou will face off against Mishima one more time, with Mishima potentially being representing the game-winning run.

I'm pretty sure the game ends with this inning - it's set up nicely with Seishu's "big 3" all batting, and a chance for a game-deciding showdown with Mishima. Interestingly, this exact situation almost came up in the 10th inning. Azuma, Akaishi, and Kou were Seishu's first three batters, but Mishima batted first in the bottom of the inning. I doubt they'll bat around again, so it's going to end soon.
Old 2009-12-09, 04:32   Link #1031
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
The way it is now, one potential outcome (assuming Kou & Co. actually win) is that in the Seishu half of the inning, I think the first three batters are Azuma, Akaishi and Kou. Some combination of the three will probably get a run. The Ryou half of the inning starts off at the top of their order again, so if one batter gets on base, Kou will face off against Mishima one more time, with Mishima potentially being representing the game-winning run.

I'm pretty sure the game ends with this inning - it's set up nicely with Seishu's "big 3" all batting, and a chance for a game-deciding showdown with Mishima. Interestingly, this exact situation almost came up in the 10th inning. Azuma, Akaishi, and Kou were Seishu's first three batters, but Mishima batted first in the bottom of the inning. I doubt they'll bat around again, so it's going to end soon.
This is exactly what I think will happen.

Good jarb~
Old 2009-12-09, 11:28   Link #1032
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Rather than being cruel couldn't it be because Wakaba knew Aoba had feelings for Kou and wanted a fair match(just an assumption). Though it seems Aoba never took her chance. Reminds me of Touch. Both Wakaba and Aoba resemble Tatsuya in a way. Early Tatsuya is pretty much Aoba, eventhough they might have feelings they think it's all pointless. Midway Tatsuya with Wakaba, would happily risk his love for his brother and wanted to play fair(even though he pretty much already won).
Except tatsuya never played, he was there, but he never made promises like Kazuya. When we talk about the emotional wellings of the Tsuikimiya girls, they run deep. In effect Wakaba words pretty much sealed any hope for aoba, although it wasn't meant in a selfish way, in her death it has persisted in a way that aoba couldn't/can't escape. Atleast if wakaba was alive they could talk about how they felt about kou instead of having this complete silence. Let's not forget how everybody in the tsuikimiya family considered the kou/wakaba pretty much final, because of "destiny" even wakaba believes it, this is when they see the people getting married during their birthday. It wasn't out of malice because she loves kou, it was more through blindness from her own happiness and satisfaction that she only sees the small amount of aoba's feelings.
Old 2009-12-09, 14:20   Link #1033
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Except tatsuya never played, he was there, but he never made promises like Kazuya. When we talk about the emotional wellings of the Tsuikimiya girls, they run deep. In effect Wakaba words pretty much sealed any hope for aoba, although it wasn't meant in a selfish way, in her death it has persisted in a way that aoba couldn't/can't escape. Atleast if wakaba was alive they could talk about how they felt about kou instead of having this complete silence. Let's not forget how everybody in the tsuikimiya family considered the kou/wakaba pretty much final, because of "destiny" even wakaba believes it, this is when they see the people getting married during their birthday. It wasn't out of malice because she loves kou, it was more through blindness from her own happiness and satisfaction that she only sees the small amount of aoba's feelings.
Makes sense. I haven't read it for a while(w8ing for it to get completed). So probably forgot a lot of things.

Ah I hope it isn't the openending thing again. Though pretty much all long series from Adachi did have the end pairing defined.
Old 2009-12-10, 18:04   Link #1034
Kunagisa

Hrm ... I finally got around to read the chapter. Am I the only one who thinks the elder Azuma's comment made the most impact this chapter @__@.
Old 2009-12-10, 18:48   Link #1035
Nosauz

Quote:
Makes sense. I haven't read it for a while(w8ing for it to get completed). So probably forgot a lot of things.

Ah I hope it isn't the openending thing again. Though pretty much all long series from Adachi did have the end pairing defined.
Their not so much open endings but the love never seems to be affirmed.
Spoiler for h2 ending spoiler:
Although in the end the pairings seem right, it's still frustrating about how little of the budding relationships we see, this also applies to fucking touch. Sometimes I feel like adachi is stingy bastard when it comes to happy scenes, hell this applies to rough, katsu, miyuki... god damn but i still love every word that he rights. Le sigh, the adachi paradox of being an adachi fan, or I guess I'm just a masochist.
Old 2009-12-10, 19:17   Link #1036
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Although in the end the pairings seem right, it's still frustrating about how little of the budding relationships we see, this also applies to fucking touch. Sometimes I feel like adachi is stingy bastard when it comes to happy scenes, hell this applies to rough, katsu, miyuki... god damn but i still love every word that he rights. Le sigh, the adachi paradox of being an adachi fan, or I guess I'm just a masochist.
He doles out so little but it's due to this scarcity that we appreciate the bits of happiness the couples he pairs up get. His stories mostly end when the couples he has set up both come to the realisation and affirmation of each other they really do love each other.
Old 2009-12-10, 19:19   Link #1037
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
He doles out so little but it's due to this scarcity that we appreciate the bits of happiness the couples he pairs up get. His stories mostly end when the couples he has set up both come to the realisation and affirmation of each other they really do love each other.
I know I love the scarcity but I also want more lovey lovey crap... oh the paradox.
Old 2009-12-11, 15:22   Link #1038
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Their not so much open endings but the love never seems to be affirmed.
Spoiler for h2 ending spoiler:
Yeah I know what you mean, we just need a prologue chapter. Where not asking for much. Still with Adachi it's pointless to wish for that. I'm just hoping something in the lines of Katsu's ending. :O
Spoiler for Katsu:

With the proper ending pairing mind you. I just refuse to reread H2, because I feel cheated out of the ending.
Old 2009-12-11, 17:57   Link #1039
Nosauz

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean, we just need a prologue chapter. Where not asking for much. Still with Adachi it's pointless to wish for that. I'm just hoping something in the lines of Katsu's ending. :O
Spoiler for Katsu:

With the proper ending pairing mind you. I just refuse to reread H2, because I feel cheated out of the ending.
Hey now in the end I felt h2 was properly ended but the closure was just not there, I'm hoping that we'll atleast get a touch esque ending although I would prefer a prologue. The ending that I hated the most has to be rough... OMG that drove me nuts.
Old 2009-12-12, 00:48   Link #1040
poko-kun

To me, Rough ends pretty clrear. ^^ But this topic may not be a good place to discuss about it.

Tags
mitsuru adachi, shounen