AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-24, 17:25   Link #3161
Frodude4848

Keep up the good work WH
Frodude4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 18:33   Link #3162
Vegitto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I have answered quite a bunch, but this one is... well, let me say something:

It is currently 3:22AM, and yet I'm still working on the patch.
That pretty much gives you an idea about the efforts poured in.
Just proves how awesome us belgians are.
Vegitto-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 19:22   Link #3163
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I think that adding a mute command to onscripter itself would probably be better than having the Witch Hunt do one.

Probably adding code to "bool ONScripterLabel::keyPressEvent( SDL_KeyboardEvent *event )" in "ONScripterLabel_event.cpp" that watches for "M" being pressed that sets/clears a variable, and having all code that plays sound watch that variable, would do.
Sounds doable to me, I'm getting an onscripter release ready anyway, might as well add that.

"Uncle" Mion
Old 2009-12-24, 19:47   Link #3164
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
You couldn't get my feelings better, aslo reminds me of my favourite anime, which is a plus (NGE). I read it with ATLAS and I mean it, crap is better than that, any translation would be enough to me and I'm glad WH is working so hard
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 20:42   Link #3165
DKnight768
Mii~

Whooaa, I can't barely wait anymore! I devoured Higurashi 1-4 last week and instead of calming down, I want more! I'm listening to the Umineko soundtrack and reminiscing... this is going to be great.
DKnight768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 21:28   Link #3166
InternHertz
.lone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitto-kun View Post
Just proves how awesome us belgians are.
I think I'll have to agree with this.

Anyway, please take the time you need to finish this. I know I'll have a blast reading it, and I'll also have to pause FFXIII just to spend some quality time with EP5
Almost there \o/
InternHertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 22:14   Link #3167
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I just hope he uses it since there was a scene in it that I still want to see ( i.e. BatxBeato flower field scene) But if he does change it, then my guess that the "trap" that was supposed to be in Ep. 5 was the opening (meaning that the flower field scene was only in there to create shipper squee-ing and false theories.)
I don't know what you mean by false theories.

Spoiler for EP 5:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 22:17   Link #3168
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I don't know what you mean by false theories.

Spoiler for EP 5:
I guess you're right. I never thought that maybe it was a metaphorical scene rather than a specific one^^
Old 2009-12-25, 01:50   Link #3169
Siesta34

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginari View Post
That´s it...I´m seriously gonna cry of happiness when the patch is finally out! Gotta love you guys at WH for all the effort you have put in EVERY patch, you ARE truly awesome already, with more awesomeness to come for sure .

And Merry Christmas to everyone! Hoping you are having a great christmas with the ones you love. God bless you all.

I just unwrapped my EP5 copy, this was a sweet moment since I have had it since october. It was better to open it now since the tentation would have killed me until the patch was out.

Happy holidays WH, enjoy yourselfs and take as much time as you need to give us an amazing patch like always.

Last edited by Siesta34; 2009-12-25 at 02:00.
Siesta34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 11:11   Link #3170
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
Let the Christmas bells ring and all the angels sing!

The holidays have truly came at these words!

And now we'll kill ourselves waiting!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 11:22   Link #3171
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

This is the place to go for support and installation questions, right?

Okay, so it's Christmas, and I just got myself a much-needed new laptop. I'm a Linux user (Kubuntu, just installed 9.10 but I'm having other issues and may just go back to 9.04 if I can't fix them), and I don't really know how to install Umineko on it. I have it on my Vista desktop, and on my old laptop I installed it in VirtualBox Windows XP because I was having issues installing it in Linux and was too lazy to figure it out (especially weird since before I purchased EP4, I got the EP1 demo installed natively with little more than drag-and-drop). But booting up the 'Box whenever I wanted to check various details and whatnot (but wasn't actually playing) was annoying, so I'd like to get it installed natively on my new machine if at all possible.

Not sure if anyone here can give me any tips, but if there's anywhere to ask this is it. All the tutorials I've found in the past by googling never really turned up anything helpful. Granted I don't remember exactly what errors I got last time and I haven't attempted reinstalling it on the new machine yet, but I thought I'd ask before trying rather than trying, failing, and then having to diagnose and explain a bunch of errors because I screwed something up. Anyone have a good guide to installing in Ubuntu/Kubuntu? Feel free to PM me I'm taking up too much room in the thread, because I know the impending EP5 patch is a big topic of discussion right now. Good luck Witch-Hunt, we're all counting on you.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 11:43   Link #3172
Echoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
This is the place to go for support and installation questions, right?

Okay, so it's Christmas, and I just got myself a much-needed new laptop. I'm a Linux user (Kubuntu, just installed 9.10 but I'm having other issues and may just go back to 9.04 if I can't fix them), and I don't really know how to install Umineko on it. I have it on my Vista desktop, and on my old laptop I installed it in VirtualBox Windows XP because I was having issues installing it in Linux and was too lazy to figure it out (especially weird since before I purchased EP4, I got the EP1 demo installed natively with little more than drag-and-drop). But booting up the 'Box whenever I wanted to check various details and whatnot (but wasn't actually playing) was annoying, so I'd like to get it installed natively on my new machine if at all possible.

Not sure if anyone here can give me any tips, but if there's anywhere to ask this is it. All the tutorials I've found in the past by googling never really turned up anything helpful. Granted I don't remember exactly what errors I got last time and I haven't attempted reinstalling it on the new machine yet, but I thought I'd ask before trying rather than trying, failing, and then having to diagnose and explain a bunch of errors because I screwed something up. Anyone have a good guide to installing in Ubuntu/Kubuntu? Feel free to PM me I'm taking up too much room in the thread, because I know the impending EP5 patch is a big topic of discussion right now. Good luck Witch-Hunt, we're all counting on you.
You might try just copying the directory over after installing it in VirtualBox. As far as I know, there's no problem with simply copying it over between machines, my current installation has been moved over through OS reinstallations three times, and it still works fine.
Echoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 13:33   Link #3173
Gar Logan78

I have a question. I just installed the EP 4 on my new computer, and I have already played the entire game. I unlocked EPs 1-4, but I don't know how to unlock all of the Tea Parties and ????.

Is there a way to unlock EVERYTHING without replaying EP 4?
Gar Logan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 13:50   Link #3174
Marion
The Great Dine

If you go into the Tea Party and ??? sections you should be able to unlock them, just like how you unlocked the games.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 13:51   Link #3175
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
Just put a weight on your keyboard's control key and go for a walk.

You do have to push on a button to advance to another chapter though.
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 14:11   Link #3176
Gar Logan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
If you go into the Tea Party and ??? sections you should be able to unlock them, just like how you unlocked the games.

I did, but it doesn't even show the EP 4 Tea Party/????. It just shows through EP 3.
Gar Logan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 14:36   Link #3177
Roto

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
Okay, so it's Christmas, and I just got myself a much-needed new laptop....
First, make a new directory to contain all of the Umineko files (let's say, ~/umineko) and into it, copy the *contents* of the fullsrc directory from the CD (not the fullsrc directory itself). Then, copy the following directories (this time including the directory) from the CD: ME, SE, sys_se, movie, and BGM. So you should end up with:

~/umineko/arc.nsa
~/umineko/arc1.nsa
~/umineko/... a few other files from fullsrc
~/umineko/ME/...
~/umineko/SE/...
~/umineko/sys_se/...
~/umineko/movie/...
~/umineko/BGM/...

Now, download the Windows patch and extract it to a new directory in ~/umineko, say ~/umineko/patch. So you should have:

~/umineko/patch/nscript.dat
~/umineko/patch/arc.nsa
... and so on.

You can delete the .exe and .dll files from the patch directory if you want, since they won't be used on Linux.

Now, go to http://onscripter.denpa.mobi/?page_id=26 and download the ONScripter-En release for Linux that matches your Ubuntu installation (either i386 or x86_64/amd64). Extract it, and copy the onscripter-en executable to your ~/umineko/patch directory.

Now, with a terminal window, cd to ~/umineko/patch and run ./onscripter-en . Hopefully everything will work!
Roto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 02:38   Link #3178
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

That worked perfectly. I never got the Linux version of Onscripter when I'd tried in the past (the methods I'd seen instructions for were almost all through WINE), so that may have been part of my issue. Thanks for the help, looking forward to replaying EP4 now that the Anime has ended.
KanonTheFurniture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 08:36   Link #3179
Xplosivv

Before people are going to call me ungrateful for the patches, I sure as hell am grateful, but curiousity led me to this question.

Yes, I know curiousity killed the cat, but hey.

When patch 5 is out, and Episode 6 is out, you guys at WH are obviously not gonna translate/edit right of the bat, and are probably going to take a well deserved break. My question, however, is; When are you going to start translating/editing Episode 6?
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-26, 09:35   Link #3180
Joneleth
Blue Wizard

Send a message via MSN to Joneleth
Give them some rest.

Probably a month or so after the EP is released.
Joneleth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation