Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 05:53   Link #1142
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 13:
Spoiler for Episode 13:

A live action film has just been announced. That should be interesting.
Old 2010-01-06, 06:01   Link #1143
Mentar
Banned

Erhm... I'm no translator, but I think the line you quoted is slightly mistranslated ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Spoiler for 13:
Other than that it hardly makes sense in the first place, the point is something else: Ayane is terribly envious of Kurumi's skin. What she wants to know from her is what cosmetics Kurumi uses, in "I wanna know! Spit it out!" fashion. So we went with

"I'll beat everything out of you, including the type of toner you use!"
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:33   Link #1144
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's more or less what I understood since the fact Ayane is envious of her skin was made clear a while ago, but yeah, that line seemed pretty weird in FMS-sunberries' subs. Thanks for the clarification.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:50   Link #1145
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the first 10 minutes, especially Sawako and Kazehaya's first scene, was so cheesy in every conceivable way that I wanted to gag on the dinner I just ate 20min prior to watching.

That said.... I absolutely freaking loved every freaking moment of this cheese.

Also, goddammit Pin just..... damn.

Well Yano has figured out what every viewer episodes ago have figured out about Kurumi, but hey at least they have some hearsay and circumstantial evidence to back it up. It's just sad that Sawako had to learn it this way. Looking at the revelation, I've come to realize that perhaps the true climax of this show really isn't as much as Sawako and Kazehaya ending up together.

Rather, the point that Sawako finally gets angry at something. Or someone.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:50   Link #1146
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
another great episode. Love when Sadoko did the shadow boxing. she's always doing these funny stuff(after images, kick the ball and shoe goes on kurumi's head). Sadoko and Kazehaya's relationship is developing pretty well. Ryu looks Chizu but it doesn't feel like Chizu feels the same way. Chizu only thinks of Ryu as a brother and yes they are pretty close I just don't see them falling for each other as of anytime yet. It looks like Chizu and Yano-chin found out that Kurumi started the rumours. I think even if Kurumi did start the rumours and did all those stuff to Sadoko she'll still be friends with Kurumi. She's not the kind of person what will make others depressed or enemies. She'll rather be sad herself than have others feel sad. Sadoko will tell Kurumi that she also likes Kazehaya so I guess they will be friendly rivals. I kind of feel sorry for Kurumi, how she got mistaken by Kazehaya about her liking Pin. Like come on it must be torture if a rumour were to spread that she liked Pin, no one likes Pin.
Old 2010-01-06, 14:36   Link #1147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Yano and Pin won this ep. so hilarious when Pin played his part this ep. so we're on to 14? i guess it is two seasons then.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 15:44   Link #1148
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

A truly great episode all around...anxiously awaiting 14 ^^
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 16:43   Link #1149
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
We have labels like yanderes and Y-Ns in the thread; how about just not stuffing her into any stereotypes at all and just enjoy the character as it is?
I do not understand how calling her a YN would detract from liking her as she is, any more than calling her "cute" or "innocent".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 16:52   Link #1150
Itlandm
Porcupine

Well, obviously Chizu would think other girls are in love with Ryu...

I am more worried about Kazehaya-kun and his vague foreshadowing about not being able to do some unspecified thing for Sawako. What is his secret?
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 17:44   Link #1151
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post

I am more worried about Kazehaya-kun and his vague foreshadowing about not being able to do some unspecified thing for Sawako. What is his secret?
Hmm.. I wouldn't think of anything secret. No one can be at all places at the same time to "save" someone. The person has to rely on his/her own strength to "save" himself/herself. Parents have this dilemma lots of times with regards to their children. He can't be around to prevent her from falling for another guy either.

You gotta trust the other person is the bottom line. It's nice that he made it to that level of thinking in 13 episodes. Clearly, Kazehaya has a good head on his shoulders. Too bad his love interest couldn't verbalize that she loves him in this episode.
Old 2010-01-06, 18:02   Link #1152
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post

It's that he's in love with Sawako. I don't think it's foreshadowing. It's just that he knows she sees him as a completely selfless person who helped her out of the goodness of his heart. But while it's true, it's not complete. He's not without hidden motives. He wants her for himself. I'm not saying it's bad, but he does fall short of the saintly image she has of him, and he knows it. And while he's always been there for her, if she were to fall for Ryu or some other guy... Instead of supporting her as he has so far, he'd do his best to get between them and make her look at him. Or at least stand aside and not help her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 18:09   Link #1153
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's that he's in love with Sawako. I don't think it's foreshadowing. It's just that he knows she sees him as a completely selfless person who helped her out of the goodness of his heart. But while it's true, it's not complete. He's not without hidden motives. He wants her for himself. I'm not saying it's bad, but he does fall short of the saintly image she has of him, and he knows it. And while he's always been there for her, if she were to fall for Ryu or some other guy... Instead of supporting her as he has so far, he'd do his best to get between them and make her look at him. Or at least stand aside and not help her.
No one truly stands aside nowadays. At least not without telling the other person off first.

Now I wonder if Ryu was mildly interested enough to go out there in the first place. He did have the option to ignore the note.
Old 2010-01-06, 18:25   Link #1154
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
There is one simple obvious statement that Kurumi could make (and should have made earlier) to deflect suspicion from herself:

"Whoever started the rumors must not know Kazehaya very well, because it wouldn't work. Isolating Sawako wouldn't make Kazehaya leave her alone, it would make him pay even more attention to her."

How to explain the fact she talked about the rumors? "I did talk about the rumors but I didn't start them. I know I shouldn't have talked about them and I felt guilty when I heard Sawako got hurt, so I decided I should be nicer to Sawako. I'm so sorry, will you forgive me."

It's really hard to pin something like a rumor on someone if they keep their head and deflect attention.

As for the note: "I was just helping you get some time to talk with Ryuu alone, like you wanted to."

I have to say the Pin misunderstanding was hilarious.

And Kurumi is starting to grow on me, I even felt a little sorry for her- even if she did deserve it.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 19:07   Link #1155
orion

I didn't feel sorry one bit for Kurumi. She's lucky the girls didn't jack her up for what she did to them.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:13   Link #1156
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

You're the man Pin. Great rejection speech haha.
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 21:08   Link #1157
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

That was one funny ep. Pin jumping to his own conclusions about Kurumi and the subsequent fallout. Ayane and Chizu together gathering more evidence against Kurumi, and their reactions (Ayane going "evil stepmother" and Chizu wanting to put the hammer down on Kurumi).

Next episode looks like "clean up on aisle 4" for Kurumi's chances with Kazehaya's affections, unless we go with some Kurumi becomes one of Sawako's friends. I don't think that will happen.

Glad this turned out to be a 2 cour series.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 22:01   Link #1158
McMilk
*Artist

I'm starting to like Hirano Aya and Sawashiro Miyuki more and more due to the way they portray their roles. The scene where Kurumi's face cracked when Pin showed up was just too funny, and how Ayane played "evil" was plain cool .

Though, I'm not really looking forward to the next episode because after that, Kurumi won't have as much screen time .
Old 2010-01-06, 22:02   Link #1159
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Flying blind with no manga exposure here, the setup looks to be in place for a "forgiveness ep", with Sawako smothering Kurumi with kindness and understanding. I've got my puke reflex primed and ready for that.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2010-01-06 at 22:33.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 23:05   Link #1160
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Gotta say, I was a bit surprised about how most of the episode was funny in nature. I though it would be a death serious one instead.

Pretty good regardless!

I am also glad Sawako was able to clear the misunderstanding about Ryu without being interrupted or misunderstood. Best part of the episode for me was the confrontation at the end.

And.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Flying blind with no manga exposure here, the setup looks to be in place for a "forgiveness ep", with Sawako smothering Kurumi with kindness and understanding.
Pretty much what I am expecting as well.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo