AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-30, 00:28   Link #321
darktruth

Latest Clannad stuff I got

Old 2009-12-31, 08:34   Link #322
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

I grabbed myself a Malay version of Clannad ~AS~ DVD and OMG those pictures of Nagisa... ><
Old 2009-12-31, 19:47   Link #323
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
After Kanon, Clannad will have also a Blu-Ray Box release with english subtitles !
http://www.neowing.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PCXE-60009
http://www.allcinema.net/prog/show_d...num_sid=727030
Scheduled on April 30 for 62580 yen.
62580 yen!?

Wow, I want it so badly, but that's so expensive. D:

Last edited by Sidestep; 2010-04-05 at 22:18.
Old 2010-01-03, 18:44   Link #324
Iorek

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That is what it means, by the way; Volume 3 LE will come with a box to house all 8 DVD cases. I'm glad they're doing this for this series, as neither Air nor the new Kanon's general LE/first press releases (i.e. not store-specific) came with boxes... but I almost wish they'd use some of the show's nice character and background art on the box (though the sakura theme looks nice too).
Hello,

I have an odd question. I've purchased the 4 region 1 Clannad DVDs, but since they have no box to hold them I was considering purchasing the region 2 limited edition of volume 3 for the box. My question is: will the region 1 DVDs fit inside the box? Basically, are the region 2 DVDs the same size as region 1? I realize the box is intended to fit 8 DVDs so there will be empty space, but I'm concerned about the length and height. I'd hate to shell out $90 on Amazon Japan and not be able to use it.

Thanks!

Also, very excited for the Blu-Ray release! Hopefully they keep up the trend of releasing the blu-ray sets with english subtitles.
Old 2010-01-05, 12:51   Link #325
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iorek View Post
Hello,

I have an odd question. I've purchased the 4 region 1 Clannad DVDs, but since they have no box to hold them I was considering purchasing the region 2 limited edition of volume 3 for the box. My question is: will the region 1 DVDs fit inside the box? Basically, are the region 2 DVDs the same size as region 1? I realize the box is intended to fit 8 DVDs so there will be empty space, but I'm concerned about the length and height. I'd hate to shell out $90 on Amazon Japan and not be able to use it.

Thanks!

Also, very excited for the Blu-Ray release! Hopefully they keep up the trend of releasing the blu-ray sets with english subtitles.
Honestly, I doubt the DVD's in the R1 release will fit, mainly because the jewel cases of the R2 DVD's are smaller, so you would have to put them diagonally in the box. I think CDJapan has a the limited edition, volume 3 for cheaper, though, if you're interested.

Let me go home and check later, and I'll edit this post accordingly.

Edit: The jewel cases are actually bigger than the standard R1 DVD boxes, so I believe that they will fit fine, if you decide to buy the Limited Edition of Volume 3.

Last edited by Duckys; 2010-01-06 at 23:54. Reason: Correction
Old 2010-01-06, 08:27   Link #326
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
I have an odd question. I've purchased the 4 region 1 Clannad DVDs, but since they have no box to hold them I was considering purchasing the region 2 limited edition of volume 3 for the box. My question is: will the region 1 DVDs fit inside the box?
If you want a cheaper box, you might want to consider importing one of Proware's (R3 Taiwan) Clannad boxes (Box 1, Box 2, & Box 3). The R2 boxes were designed for super jewels so I'm not sure they'd fit. The R2 boxes have a flower theme (sakura for Clannad and rapeseed for After Story) while the R3 boxes use the regular DVD covers (three characters per box).
Old 2010-01-06, 10:43   Link #327
Iorek

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I asked before I made the purchase. The R3 DVD cases are "regular" sized DVD cases then? If I can get confirmation that all 4 discs would fit I'd order it in a heartbeat.

Thanks again!
Old 2010-01-06, 13:12   Link #328
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
The R3 DVD cases are "regular" sized DVD cases then? If I can get confirmation that all 4 discs would fit I'd order it in a heartbeat.
Yes. One box will hold four regular DVDs, but it also comes with one R3 DVD. If you would like photos of the first two boxes or want to know which characters appear, I can provide them this evening.
Old 2010-01-06, 23:55   Link #329
Duckys
Quackers.

Corrected my previous post, the jewel cases are the same height, but are a little bigger in width, so they will probably fit fine.
Old 2010-01-07, 01:13   Link #330
Iorek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckys View Post
Corrected my previous post, the jewel cases are the same height, but are a little bigger in width, so they will probably fit fine.
Nice, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draneor View Post
Yes. One box will hold four regular DVDs, but it also comes with one R3 DVD. If you would like photos of the first two boxes or want to know which characters appear, I can provide them this evening.
That would be great!
Old 2010-01-11, 19:41   Link #331
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
New Tomoyo Figure! http://www.neowing.co.jp/goods/goods...Y=NEOGDS-16869 perhaps a sign of Tomoyo After anime LOL j/k
Old 2010-01-12, 09:23   Link #332
darktruth

Got these today at the post office.

Old 2010-01-15, 22:00   Link #333
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I am sure this has been asked before, but where would you go to buy the OST for clannad?[the game/anime one, not the movie],
Since my attempts on finding on yesasia, amazon, sites listed in this thread, or else where have failed, and I really want to buy it since it so many good songs D:.
MAL
Old 2010-01-16, 01:42   Link #334
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I am sure this has been asked before, but where would you go to buy the OST for clannad?
Since Key Sounds is an independent publisher, it can be difficult to acquire outside Japan. I've requested for CDJapan to carry it several times, but none of their distributors stock it so they can't sell it. Amazon.jp stocks it, but annoyingly classifies it as software and will not ship it outside Japan. If you go to conventions, Kinokuniya was selling the Clannad OST, along with several other Key Sounds CDs, at anime conventions (I spotted them at Anime Central and Otakon). If you want to import it, don't have a friend in Japan, and do not want to use a deputy service, Himeya stocks it. They mark it up though. You can also try eBay but, again, the markup will likely be high. If you're lucky, you may be able to snag a used copy at Anime Jungle (I saw one for sale there once, but it was snatched quickly). There may be some Japanese-language only stores that stock it and ship overseas, but I haven't found any.

While it may be difficult, it's possible to acquire Key Sounds music outside Japan (I've managed to acquire about half of their catalog). My recommendation is to try to catch it at the Kinokuniya booth if you go to conventions or order it through Amazon.jp via a mail-forwarding service, like Tenso.
Old 2010-01-16, 01:56   Link #335
Proof

I guess visiting Japan is the easiest way to get this stuff
Old 2010-01-16, 02:07   Link #336
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
While it may be difficult, it's possible to acquire Key Sounds music outside Japan (I've managed to acquire about half of their catalog). My recommendation is to try to catch it at the Kinokuniya booth if you go to conventions or order it through Amazon.jp via a mail-forwarding service, like Tenso.
I guess I'll be stuck waiting until sometime in july to buy it then, and if con here doesn't have it I'll go to with one of the sites you mentioned.
MAL
Old 2010-01-18, 11:56   Link #337
Duckys
Quackers.

Quote:
Since Key Sounds is an independent publisher, it can be difficult to acquire outside Japan. I've requested for CDJapan to carry it several times, but none of their distributors stock it so they can't sell it. Amazon.jp stocks it, but annoyingly classifies it as software and will not ship it outside Japan. If you go to conventions, Kinokuniya was selling the Clannad OST, along with several other Key Sounds CDs, at anime conventions (I spotted them at Anime Central and Otakon). If you want to import it, don't have a friend in Japan, and do not want to use a deputy service, Himeya stocks it. They mark it up though. You can also try eBay but, again, the markup will likely be high. If you're lucky, you may be able to snag a used copy at Anime Jungle (I saw one for sale there once, but it was snatched quickly). There may be some Japanese-language only stores that stock it and ship overseas, but I haven't found any.

I live in a city with Kinokuniya stores and they heavily overprice their CD soundtracks =|.

Or at least, I feel they're really overpriced.

eBay has it, but again, overpriced. http://cgi.ebay.com/Clannad-Key-Soun...mZ360197290228

I'm still looking for Clannad Vol 8. [Limited Edition] if someone can find me a copy! =[.
Old 2010-01-28, 08:06   Link #338
darktruth

Picked these up from the post office today. Finally completed my LE R2 DVD collection of the first season of Clannad, now have to complete After Story within the next few months.

Old 2010-01-29, 00:20   Link #339
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

How much money do you have?! o_O
Old 2010-01-29, 05:37   Link #340
ISighZ
Oo Hi

Send a message via AIM to ISighZ
I'm so jealous...
I only have a small Tomoyo Plushie...
I need money...
B: You don't understand Life.