AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-16, 01:14   Link #281
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Here's a new question regarding the episodes: (AH version)

When Orochimaru said there was an ALTERNATIVE to Tsunade healing his arms, what did he mean? If he's referring to getting Sasuke's body with the Sharingan, how the heck would that heal his arms? By learning a jutsu that does it with the Sharingan?

I think in the manga he didn't mention an "alternative", only that "even if Tsunade didn't heal him, he would still crush Konoha". Not sure, though.

Bad translation? Artistic License? What do you think?
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 01:24   Link #282
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Every other fansubbing group that I have watched translated that part in the same sense as Orochimaru knows of another way to heal his arms. As a manga illiterate I don't know what Oro means.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 02:53   Link #283
Enodu_2

Well, we will just have to wait and see what he was saying.

Last edited by Enodu_2; 2004-08-16 at 03:06.
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 07:41   Link #284
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Every other fansubbing group that I have watched translated that part in the same sense as Orochimaru knows of another way to heal his arms. As a manga illiterate I don't know what Oro means.
I'm also a non-manga reader but I think it has something to do with transferring his soul to another body. Why? Because you saw Oro's 'other' face, I thought that was a hint.

But there's a easy way to contradict this. It is said that Oro's transfers his soul to another body, and HIS soul is missing the arm part. So that wouldn't make sense.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 09:26   Link #285
CombiHenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz
I'm also a non-manga reader but I think it has something to do with transferring his soul to another body. Why? Because you saw Oro's 'other' face, I thought that was a hint.

But there's a easy way to contradict this. It is said that Oro's transfers his soul to another body, and HIS soul is missing the arm part. So that wouldn't make sense.
Good point. Though for the soul transfer - i thought it was quite clear that Tsunade and Jiraiya recognized that he had the ability to switch bodies when they saw the skin peeling off his face. None of them knew before, as Orochimaru only revealed it to the third, so it was a bit of a surprise.

As for the which subber is better? I've watched a few, and downloaded Animeone's one just then and flipped through it. If you were collecting the joint anbu-aone ones' before, the Animeone retains all the fonts/karaoke etc. I like the additional extras, movie commercials/trailers. Other Positive was size was smaller but retained the quality. Haven't watched it all yet, so can't comment on what i think of the translation/vid quality. I output it to my nice big TV!

Never have the fans had such a good variety of subs available, so don't complain!

Anyway, Aone's had an ad for a Naruto Special next week! - Simultaneous Presentation (i'm guessing, it's on TV?) Konoha Village's great sports day!

Looks pretty funny, saw glimpses of gamabunta, all the genins, including the teams in some sort of race all together... hmm...
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:01   Link #286
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

After reading some 15 odd pages I think I need to reply in some form

95-96 was definately good. Granted... I was expecting some better quality animation out of the whole deal (kinda like chuunin exam double episode), especially with a double episode, but hey, I can't complain. It kills my Naruto fix for the week!

I remember downloading the AH version of 95-96 and seeing the most obvious mistakes... Kitsuii (Katsuyu) and MANDO (Manda)?!?! WTH? I mean, you can distinctly hear Gamabunta pronounce his name with an "ah" sound at the end. C'mon! Funny nonetheless, but Mando sounds straight dumb. They might as well just translated his name to "Mango."

Second, "Mango" was purple... I definately wasn't expecting that. Reminded me of those snake toys you hold straight out in the air and wiggle them back and forth. Not very menacing, given the fact that he's king badass snake summon in the Naruto Universe.

Katsuyu's voice reminded me of the little twins in Mothra vs Godzilla. I wanted a gigantic moth to just burst out of Katsuyu when I heard her talk. (Yes I know moths/butterflies don't come from slugs)

In terms of the great sannin battle... as someone stated before, as an avid manga reader, I expected a crap load more. They could have made Mango do a crap load more in the anime than move quickly and squeeze, attempt to bite, go underground (how the hell did Oro and Kabuto hang on when he did that... whatever, I can't question anime physics). I mean, when he was squeezing the crap out of Katsuyu, Oro or Kabuto coulda busted out a "salt shaker no jutsu" and poured an assload of salt all over the slug. Now that would be an awesome battle!

Oh yeah, I thought the Rasengan blast to Kabuto looked weak as well. Where was the "spinning vortex of ass kicking" behind Kabuto as he was getting blasted like in the manga?

Well that's enough from me. Anybody else looking forward to the possible fanservice (keyword possible) fanservice from Shizune and Tsunade?

Oh yeah, the movie is coming out next week. Holy crap! AH better get a move on, ha ha ha! I forsee it coming out the week after.
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:14   Link #287
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
...They might as well just translated his name to "Mango.".
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:19   Link #288
Zek
Eyebrows...

Oro definitely mentions an alternative for healing his arms in the manga.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:24   Link #289
Lazy Shadow
Terran Marine: Jimmy

Is It Just Me

Is It Just Me Or At The End Of This Episode After Tsunade Kisses Him, And He Is Without His Forhead Protector, He Look Almost Totally Like The 4th. I Think The Approximate Time For That Point Is 39:07.
Lazy Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:28   Link #290
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Kyoji... perfect, now if it was only a purple mango.

the aftermath of Mango salting the hell out of Katsuyu...
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 10:58   Link #291
SanttuH
Don't you *beep* with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Kyoji... perfect, now if it was only a purple mango.

http://crawford.tardigrade.net/bugs/.../scaphslug.jpg
the aftermath of Mango salting the hell out of Katsuyu...
I really hope you didn't do that.
SanttuH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 11:50   Link #292
rorosama

I know i'm a lil late but jus saw the episode and gotta say WTF! Tsunade hit him like 100 times and he was just ofrigginkay! Even if sakura hit him that much his ass shoulda been laid out. Everyone said abotu 20 times but upon seeing it she had to have hit him like 100 times! Damn the anime screwed that up big time. It was nice seeing that fight filler though.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 18:12   Link #293
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz

No.. it's just that Oro's body, the one with the disabled arms, is disabled. If he transfers bodies, and assuming the body is perfectly fine, the arms will work.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 18:49   Link #294
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath

I'll just go and watch Samurai 7, a lot better then Naruto.
I'll just go watch Puni Puni Poemi, a lot better then Samurai 7.

I liked this episode, some things were done kinda bad, but there were a good number of high points in the anime to go along with the lows. I have read all of the manga, so I was surprised Tsunade didn't one shot KO, oreo-chan. On the other hand it was fun seeing mJ's protege getting his ass knocked around, it was also great seeing Kabuto flop over on his face. Those ass wankers needed that . I didnt think the slug was that bad, the voice reminded me slightly of a more feminine version of that guy-whos-soul-is-sealed-in-the-armor-suit dude form Full Metal Alchemist (dont know his name cause I watched the first 2-3 episodes only and stopped). The episode wasn't the greatest, but who cares about a minor plot hole, if the Anime dissatisfies you, at least we have the Manga to stay on track with.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 22:01   Link #295
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104
No.. it's just that Oro's body, the one with the disabled arms, is disabled. If he transfers bodies, and assuming the body is perfectly fine, the arms will work.
But Sarutobi cut off his arms at the soul level(whatever that means), so it doesn't particularly make sense that Oro can restore them just by switching bodies.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 22:08   Link #296
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
He takes over the body of someone, doesn't mean they are dead... just means he has control... there soul is stil in one whole peice so i'm guessing he would be fine with hand seals.

Complete assumption, but still!
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 23:38   Link #297
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
But Sarutobi cut off his arms at the soul level(whatever that means), so it doesn't particularly make sense that Oro can restore them just by switching bodies.
Oh yeah... but then again, we won't know what will happen til he actually makes the transfer.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 00:14   Link #298
yinstro

yeah his getting arms back by switching bodies seems weird. Maybe he will have some limitation, or his takeover wont be as complete due to his lack of soul hands.. time will tell i guess

edit: I was just looking back on some old episodes, im thinking, this current arc was no where near as exciting as previous ones, at least the ending parts. the fight scene really couldnt compare in story or in action to previous ones. And overall the from episode 90-96 really seem over drawn out. hmm well jope they get better

Last edited by yinstro; 2004-08-17 at 00:48.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 01:02   Link #299
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
He takes over the body of someone, doesn't mean they are dead... just means he has control... there soul is stil in one whole peice so i'm guessing he would be fine with hand seals.
Complete assumption, but still!
Wait, if you're saying that just by transferring to a new body, Oro "regains" control of his arms and can perform hand seals once again, then that would mean the Third's sacrifice was for nothing??

I was assuming that since the Third KNEW of Oro's "Body-Transfer" technique (Oro arrogantly showed it to him during their fight), he "cut off" the "arms" from Oro's "soul" so that EVEN with the "Body-transfer/immortality" technique of Oro, he still won't be able to use his hands to form seals.

I would think that is makes more sense that by transferring to a new body, Oro will get "motor" control (i.e. he can move, grasp, punch, etc.) of the new hosts' arms/hands, but he STILL won't be able to form hand seals and use his techniques since his arms' "soul" has been sealed.
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 02:53   Link #300
Orachimaru Sanin
Shotgun Surgeon

Send a message via MSN to Orachimaru Sanin Send a message via Yahoo to Orachimaru Sanin
He can always re-learned the Jutsus
Orachimaru Sanin is offline   Reply With Quote