Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-01-26, 16:22   Link #1581
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Dunno how to color :x .. I dont really like cellshading coloring.. and its chibi, so would look weird if I color normal like I usually do .. so yea.
You got the shading part right, which is the one bit I find the hardest to do while coloring from scratch without a source.
Old 2010-01-26, 23:26   Link #1582
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanty View Post
How beautiful drawn! Either you must have a VERY steady hand or u did something else with that lineart! and the coloring on the bikini girl is so nice =O
Will you take constructive critics from a new member as me? I've got hard times doing that without permission XD
Lol I only used SAI paintool, it's curve tool allows straight lines.. Also, the curves can be moves around unlike pentool in PS where once you inked them, it stay.. So it helps a lot. I'm still a noob.. This is my 3rd fanart using SAI. 1st one was the Sheryl few pages back, using trial(pirated) version.. Without knowing anything, then I was too scared to color in SAI.. so I exported and color them in PS. Result was horrendous.. then a few fanart after that cant be save in its native format, so once save.. it became uneditable anymore. But I knew I cant do fanart in PS anymore after doing them in SAI.. so I buy it, but then comes real life demanding attention so I kinda died off.

Oh well.. there goes me mumbling over again.. anyway, constructive critism always welcomed .. I'm a noob so any help in any kind is always appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
You got the shading part right, which is the one bit I find the hardest to do while coloring from scratch without a source.
I had too much bikini pictures in my folder to help as light source XD. Thats what happened when you lurk in Sancom a lot these days.. Too many gravure galleries
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 12:22   Link #1583
Atlanty
Artist wannabe

Send a message via MSN to Atlanty
So here's my advice.

The bikini girl very well shaded, yes, although it lacks deph, contrast. I think you should either use a darker base color, or just simply add darker shadows. And also, it wouldn't hurt making her skin more shiny ;O (It probably makes her look sexier XD)

The skin also a little too yellow heh, almost looks like an blonde asian =] You should look for a more red skin color, just a little though either that or do the shadows more red, same here, just a little.

Other than that, as I mentioned, it's awesum, I love how you color it so softly! And the hair and the eyes, the face are truly beautiful!

I've got the bad habit to try criticizing good work =_O I want them to look even better, next time (cuz people usually dont edit their finished work) ^_^
Atlanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 23:37   Link #1584
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Heh.. the fact is I chickened out when using more then 2 colors for shading. But your comment are duly noted because I fully agree with it

Regarding the yellowish base skin.. agree on that too, I still looking for a good base color for pretty much everything .. SAI color dont have hexadecimal value where you can manually input.. you have to drag the color wheels around. The problem also arise when I tried to find a very low saturation color as base then shade above having dark color always made me think that it would make the overal result to be too dark to my taste, which made me tweak the color to be more saturated and .. yea.. I blamed my noobness. Something to work on.. That bikini Tsukiumi was also my first time ( ) - full coloring in SAI (what do you expecting) - so yea, it got noob written all over it

Thanks again
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-01-28, 06:17   Link #1585
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Double post! you owned me again

Anyway, posting my own death cause, coz I sure will die coloring those wings of hers.. And I cheated after several time failing to draw her other eyes.. And the wings sux .. :/

btw, this is for artist contest.. for fun .. << is digital art noob
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-01-28, 16:27   Link #1586
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
btw, this is for artist contest.. for fun .. << is digital art noob
Will this be your first time participating?

I haven't checked the groups' page in months.
Old 2010-01-31, 03:43   Link #1587
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yes.. it will be my first time

Since this thread are lacking replies .. Well, no one seems to care anymore.. I wont be bumping this thread with updates of my journey in SAI anymore

Probably final.. unless I look again tonite and start swearing over stupid errors like I always do :/ Dont worry, I wont torture you guys anymore.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-01-31, 04:43   Link #1588
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Oh you wanted spam? Why didn't you say so!

+1 spam
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 05:30   Link #1589
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Care for some spam?
Old 2010-01-31, 06:00   Link #1590
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

One spam burger to go please.

No, Mister Bunneh, this is mine!. Stop chewing.. Ow! Not my hand! Bad bunneh, ba.. Noo! Oww oww Get off...

/signal lost
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 11:38   Link #1591
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:

it look really good to me ..wish you Good luck with the contest
Old 2010-01-31, 13:41   Link #1592
Atlanty
Artist wannabe

Quote:
Yes.. it will be my first time

Since this thread are lacking replies .. Well, no one seems to care anymore.. I wont be bumping this thread with updates of my journey in SAI anymore

Probably final.. unless I look again tonite and start swearing over stupid errors like I always do :/ Dont worry, I wont torture you guys anymore.
I do not think this thread is lacking replies at all ._.
_______

The chest area looks a bit off, I mean, the breasts does. And try do a little more contrast, yes I know doing it with a mouse is hard, but it's worth a try isnt it? Try looking around for some reference, it shouldn't take you long.
The shading is soft, maybe a little too soft. Look, when something is very bright, which I think that you were trying to color it. It has to have darker area, if everything is bright it'll look flat- There must be balance between lightness and darkness. If you don't mind, I could point out some places you could darken abit. But I dont want to do that without your permission.

The neck is a little too thin, and do a shadow below the head. I must also say that it looks little flat, but it's an easy fix, some shadows here and there and its done. Try sharpen the shading on the hair, if you're going for anime style, use a medium dark green to shade the hair, check out some pictures, I'd say check out satsumarus' since he's pr0 XD. Right now, it doesn't really look like hair, it's not flat enough.

If you want to improve your drawing even further, try make more details, for the wings and maybe the bikini.

I liked the eye and the design, as I've probably said before. I also like the fact that you use bright colors, it gives a happy feeling around the picture. The lips are also very nicely done, very nicely shaded and nice choice of color. Her expression is so innocent which really fits because she's an angel.

(About the breast, I forgot to mention, they're a little too big and also maybe a little too round!)

I've almost pointed out everything I could, and I didnt do that to irritate you. I did that because everyone can to improve, because I want you to, and without critics you or anyone else most likely won't. I've got plenty myself and I can't say I was very happy hearing people pointing out everything that was bad about my drawings.

Last edited by Atlanty; 2010-01-31 at 14:12.
Old 2010-01-31, 21:46   Link #1593
Wrath88
Kissing...

Is it me, or does it look like the left shoulder is tilted backwards while the torso remains forward facing?
Old 2010-02-01, 11:14   Link #1594
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

.. >.< Bullies >.<

Thanks Chaos

Please do Atlanty.. Always looking for criticism to improve myself I'm a newbie afterall in this digital fanart business. if you willing to show where my shading failure. I would very much appreciate it. And yea.. I hate hair shading.. I FAIL

The boob sizes are fine.. cause KiNA like it that way! opinion rejected!

Wrath.. Haha.. I was lazy thus try to hide it somehow.. but really think it still realistic .. I'll ask my temporary model and see if she have any difficulty posing like that .. Too bad she didnt have that boob size tho :x

Oh btw http://kinasuki.blog.com/ .. only 2 posts tho.. I only uploaded the ones I made fully in SAI.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-02-01, 12:28   Link #1595
Atlanty
Artist wannabe

In order to improve u got to learn by yourself, mostly. I can't learn you by drawing on ur picture. But I'll show you where it lacks shadows and so on. If I shaded with black color, it means that it has to be darker and so on. eh, ask me if u dont understand what I mean and I'll give u a more detailed explanation. About the hair, if you are going for realism, I am sorry, I cant help u =P

I hope this helps.
Spoiler for "O_O:

Last edited by Atlanty; 2010-02-01 at 13:00.
Old 2010-02-06, 11:43   Link #1596
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

For thread archieval purpose..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-02-24, 21:49   Link #1597
Wrath88
Kissing...

Somehow the look of that character reminds me of Artificial Girl 3 characters.
Old 2010-02-27, 20:50   Link #1598
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Not bad for digital art Kina. :P I try to color on the computer but it failed. >< Good to see you again and I seen you never changed lol.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 22:23   Link #1599
Vincent-sama
Fail ? Try It Once Again!
*Graphic Designer

=) it's nice digital art . Cuz i'v never draw by SAI nice like this
wanna see more art work :">

Rep
Old 2010-02-28, 23:16   Link #1600
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Most of my digital art in SAI can be found at [url=kinasuki.blog.com]my blog/url].

I'm just starting, so not much tho.

Konstar, hard to change .. I just love ecchi. end of
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Tags
animation, signatures