AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-24, 16:07   Link #401
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
I think the mirror arc ends in the next episode.
Spoiler for Mirror arc next episode(35):
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 01:32   Link #402
Mazus

I'm really hoping that Vulcan300 releases episode 35 in the next week or so. I really want to get this arc out the way so we can go back to actual story.
Mazus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-31, 01:01   Link #403
Secca
nya`
*Artist

While waiting for 35, I made this. ^^

but it's too big i guess. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-02, 20:18   Link #404
dythim
dythim

Whee we just released 35, thus concluding the Demonic Mirror arc. ^_^

I'm not sure why, but mirkx isn't taking the torrent....

Oh well, you can download the torrent at www.gash-bell.net or at #vulcan300 on irc.rizon.net
dythim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 02:35   Link #405
Mazus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dythim
Whee we just released 35, thus concluding the Demonic Mirror arc. ^_^

I'm not sure why, but mirkx isn't taking the torrent....

Oh well, you can download the torrent at www.gash-bell.net or at #vulcan300 on irc.rizon.net

Woo hoo! Only half-way until we catch up to the Japanese episodes.
Old 2004-08-03, 05:48   Link #406
ato
Oups...

Well, that saw the end of the demonic mirror arc, just as anticipated. Well, well.

The next episode promises to be great though: Gash vs. Naomi - The ultimate showdown! Violence! Rivalry! Hatred!
And simultaneously, a date featuring Kiyomaro and Suzume! Terror! Suspense! Peeled apples!

In a word: Wow!
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 19:09   Link #407
Mazus

Man I so can't wait to see Gash vs. Naomi. I also can't wait til we get to the next major story arc.
Old 2004-08-11, 19:27   Link #408
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Sorry for the stupid question, but who is Naomi? I completely forgot

EDIT: Nevermind, as soon as I posted I remembered that Naomi was the stupid little brat girl. now I feel like an idiot
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 08:17   Link #409
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Smile

Episode 35 was one of the best battles ever, Gash finally fights a demon MUCH taller than three feet.

Man, I don't get why so many people hated this arc just because it was an original story. Until I was told, it never occured that this was filler, and I'm sure many of you wouldn't have known either. IMO, it was very well written, had a great climax, and retained a lot of the Gashbell humor and emotion. I hope *someone* agrees with me out there. Don't hate episodes just because they're not written by the author . . . after all, I'm sure you would probably watch the Gashbell movie with an open mind, too.

And thanks for the great sub, Vulcan300!
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 12:47   Link #410
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Episode 35 was one of the best battles ever, Gash finally fights a demon MUCH taller than three feet.

Man, I don't get why so many people hated this arc just because it was an original story. Until I was told, it never occured that this was filler, and I'm sure many of you wouldn't have known either. IMO, it was very well written, had a great climax, and retained a lot of the Gashbell humor and emotion. I hope *someone* agrees with me out there. Don't hate episodes just because they're not written by the author . . . after all, I'm sure you would probably watch the Gashbell movie with an open mind, too.

I agree with you completely, so ou aren't alone. The only thing I thought was weird was how a normal looking pair of scissors and a gluestick transformed into a demon. Since when can the demons take on the form of normal-looking inanimate objects?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 13:53   Link #411
a_nevels666

Quote:

For a filler arc it wasn't bad, but the non-filler episodes are funnier and less predictable.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 18:09   Link #412
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I agree with you completely, so ou aren't alone. The only thing I thought was weird was how a normal looking pair of scissors and a gluestick transformed into a demon. Since when can the demons take on the form of normal-looking inanimate objects?
He was the only one that did that. Of course there is only one demon that had two bodies that could combine into a super demon. And there was only one human that could precognititively sense attacks before they landed allowing him to dodge anything. And there was only one demon that could change the personality of their Book Keeper from gentle to psychotic and warlike. There was even one demon that looked like a normal kid while his Book Keeper had lines running down from his eyes like most demons do.

Lots of demons or people have special attributes that only they possess. Some are ultra-strong others are ultra-fast. It's just the way of things so you shouldn't worry too much about it. If I obsessed about every strange power in the world I'd worry more about Naomi-chan. Now she's really atypical.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 23:08   Link #413
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Lots of demons or people have special attributes that only they possess.
Spoiler for this is not actually a spoiler, but im putting it in tags so people dont complain:
Old 2004-08-15, 04:10   Link #414
ato
Oups...

As fillers go, I guess it wasn't all that painful (although I am with the crowd that think the scissors and gluestick demon was in bad taste). By the way, has the anime suffered any more lapses into filler episodes so far? Not that I would skip them, mind you...

And of course, a big thanks to Vulcan300 for taking on the series (and let me express what a great name they have chosen ). If you guys need any help, I'm sure many frequent posters on this thread would be willing to assist.
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 05:19   Link #415
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ato
By the way, has the anime suffered any more lapses into filler episodes so far? Not that I would skip them, mind you...
Spoiler for filler eps:
Old 2004-08-16, 08:54   Link #416
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Well, I just got back from the Gashbell movie! It ROCKED! My only complaints are that the ending was too quick and the animation was kinda average for a movie. Otherwise, it was great to see more of the demon world, excellent music, an insanely powerful demon (though I think Gurisa's mirror form was stronger) and the final battle was awesome albeit a little predictable. And I got this free Gashbell figure just for seeing it. Overall, a very satisfying experience. I'm not sure how they can make a second Gashbell movie though because the next superstrong and interesting villain would be hard to invent, unless they did some hokey 102nd demon. :P

Oh, and the kids in the audience were singing along with Parco when he did his "Chi chi chi chi oppai!" That cracked me up, I wonder what their parents were thinking? ^^

Spoiler question for those who've watched past the fansub . .
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Finally someone likes this arc too, thank you!! I don't really remember the scissors demon too well, but I remember thinking that the way Gash defeated him was really cool, though I can't remember how. ^^;
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 02:22   Link #417
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
Quote:

I had no idea the Demonic Mirror arc was filler until I read this thread. ^^;; I thought it was a good arc... though kinda predictable. I actually choked back a few tears when Nyarurato was fading away.

He was the most cutest. kitty. ever. *__*

I felt it was just as sad as when Kuroru left. Either way it was a good arc and the funniest part was when they were dancing to Folgore's song. Kiyomaro has such smooth moves.
The fight was really cool...the fourth spell is awesome to watch, especially when it takes so much emotion to release it. Can't wait till next episode!

Thank you sooo much Vulcan300! *throws up teh horns* Y(-_-)Y

Quote:
Finally someone likes this arc too, thank you!! I don't really remember the scissors demon too well, but I remember thinking that the way Gash defeated him was really cool, though I can't remember how. ^^;
The scissors demon was the weirdest. I don't remember too clearly, but I think the demon created a giant pair of flying scissors and was going to attack Gash and Kiyomaro, but they used the third spell to have the giant scissors become magnetized and attack the demon instead. Something like that.

And darn you for watching the movie and not me! I want to see it! ^^

It would be hilarious (if not cute) to hear little children sing along to Moge Moge.
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 13:13   Link #418
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Quote:
Spoiler question for those who've watched past the fansub . .
Spoiler:
I think we need to ressurect the raw/manga discussion for this.

Last edited by Kyusaku; 2004-08-26 at 23:46.
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-22, 23:34   Link #419
Secca
nya`
*Artist

A little bit off topic, today I went to eat sushi and I saw yellow tail on the menu, imediately remind me of Gash how he love that fish.

So I order some. ^^

I stil like tako/octopus better tho. ^^

I wonder if Konjiki no Gash Bell is trying to promote yellow tail to the mass, "Hey kids, eat alot of yellowtail fish so you will grow stronger and can shoot lightning just like Gash Bell." XD

Last edited by Secca; 2004-08-22 at 23:47.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 20:28   Link #420
dythim
dythim

Episode 36 is now released
dythim is offline   Reply With Quote