AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-14, 09:11   Link #1361
poko-kun

I guess "hold hands" is the most "dere" we can expect to get from her. (cut her word off, look at her action)
Old 2010-02-14, 09:21   Link #1362
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I want to see what she'll do the next time Valentine's Day comes around!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-02-14, 09:33   Link #1363
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

She completely lost it and cried in his arms one week ago. That was the most we will ever get from her (since, well, that is the last time we see her) and I am perfectly fine with that. This is what I meant by describing her as realistic tsundere. The girls fitting that trope are usually borderline dissociative identity disorder psychos. She doesn't swith between extremes ridiculously but does have an extremely sweet side to her which sometimes pops up.
Old 2010-02-14, 10:50   Link #1364
Enchanted Princess
ピンクの爆発
*Author

Cross game. I'm still trying to get to know it more and is still reading the first two volumes right now..just started I guess..It does look interesting.

Old 2010-02-14, 10:56   Link #1365
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, I guess you arrived at a good time since the series just finished today.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:11   Link #1366
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, I guess you arrived at a good time since the series just finished today.
so true

do not pay attention to what we are babbling right now... it's mega spoiler ever ever ever ever
Old 2010-02-14, 11:29   Link #1367
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted Princess View Post
Cross game. I'm still trying to get to know it more and is still reading the first two volumes right now..just started I guess..It does look interesting.
Like the others are saying, run away. We're currently discussing the very last chapter.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:45   Link #1368
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well it was an ok story with passible ending, though I can't say I got into the characters all that much.

Nor I can't say that I liked the main heroines design - she looked too much like a guy for me and in fact the main hero looked much better than her.

Overall - a decent manga but nothing awesome for me.
Old 2010-02-14, 12:31   Link #1369
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Move along, then. And do not read any more of Adachi's mangas - you're bound to be underwhelmed again.

Old 2010-02-14, 14:34   Link #1370
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

wow what a fitting chapter to read on vday lol

can't wait to see all of this in anime ^__^v
Old 2010-02-14, 18:39   Link #1371
apropervillain

Spoiler:
Old 2010-02-14, 19:54   Link #1372
poko-kun

Those two aren't true to themselves type. They pretended nothing happened while holding hands. Actually, there was something happened.

Spoiler for dialogue:

My English is not good. Let's leave the nice transaltion to our dear friends; stephen and his team.
They've done a lot of wonderful jobs since start till now.

^^

BTW
Intentional walk from friends, first Azuma Nakanishi and Akaishi left Kou with Aoba, said they were going to visit Akane, then again, Azuma and Nakanishi left Akaishi. ^^ How cute.

Last edited by poko-kun; 2010-02-14 at 20:52.
Old 2010-02-14, 20:38   Link #1373
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apropervillain View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for huh?:
Old 2010-02-14, 20:56   Link #1374
apropervillain

Why do I sense hostility in your post? I was just saying, that's not really holding hands.
Old 2010-02-14, 21:15   Link #1375
Major1138

Quote:
Why do I sense hostility in your post? I was just saying, that's not really holding hands.
I think what everyone who's replied so far is trying to say is that you'll never see Kou and Aoba act like "typical" lovers - the fact that they're even holding hands at all (regardless of how it looks) is a huge step for them.
Old 2010-02-14, 22:00   Link #1376
stpehen
kisses for all

they sure look like they're holding hands to me
Old 2010-02-14, 23:52   Link #1377
apropervillain

They're holding hands but not holding hands. Guess nobody here has held the hands of a significant other?
Old 2010-02-15, 00:42   Link #1378
Major1138

Quote:
They're holding hands but not holding hands. Guess nobody here has held the hands of a significant other?
Drat. You figured us all out. We were just using the various explanations that have been offered so far as cover.
Old 2010-02-15, 01:21   Link #1379
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Adachi is oldschool. And holding hands in public is a pretty damn significant in Japan (well, at least with the older generations).
Old 2010-02-15, 01:35   Link #1380
The Rumblefish
Hurray for Takako Shimura

The magic of Internet makes it that many different cultures can communicate in the same place and sometimes what appears like "A" for one reader is understood as "B" by another one.

I don't know how things goes where you come from, apropervillain, but where I come from a 17 years old girl holding a 18 years old boy's hand will always bring the first impression that the two are dating. Actually, just the two of them being so close together and alone would be enough to raise suspicions/assumptions. And from my limited experience in the country, I have the impression it would be the same in Japan (the holding hands thing, I mean). So Aoba at least knows what kind of image she is projecting here, at her own "risks and perils". I am pretty sure she would never do that in front of other team members yet. Baby steps!

I agree the postures at the station are quite stiff. But they are actually way too stiff for relaxed friends holding hands casually. You can tell the awkwardness and clumsiness of early lovebirds. Remember they both have a very limited experience with romantic behaviours so please give them some time.

Among the things we haven't discussed yet (I believe), I find it cute and clever that this is their first picture alone together. I wonder how early this was planned by Adachi and whether he and his assistants had to check through all the previous pages to make sure they never got the two of them by themselves unintentionally.
Closed Thread

Tags
mitsuru adachi, shounen