AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 23:48   Link #101
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I was skeptical at first, but I'm glad that I gave this anime a chance up to episode 2.

Spoiler for Episodes 1 and 2:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2010-02-20 at 05:52.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 08:29   Link #102
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2010-02-21, 12:54   Link #103
UnDeaD

Looks like this show has held up, animation-wise, in the same way that One Piece holds up animation wise. The relatively simple character designs allow for less obvious QUALITY and the the quirky reaction faces keep the animation lively enough.
UnDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 15:35   Link #104
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This franchise isn't for me, but I thought I should know more about this new series, since the franchise is so extremely popular, and watched episode one. The drawing and animation are very good. Yes, I think the simplification makes that more possible. The story is classic. And the animation of the dance in the ED is totally outstanding.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 17:39   Link #105
Unicron Gendum
Banned

Consider the following.

Spoiler:

Animesuki, what went so horribly, horribly wrong here?
Unicron Gendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 17:41   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm not surprised the new deisgns aren't for everyone. That's just the way the world works.
Old 2010-02-22, 17:51   Link #107
Midonin
Last Engage

Most of those examples are fanart...and if anything, I learned early on when I jumped beyond the mainstream, that you shouldn't fully judge a series by its art design. Sure, I thought Umisho was kind of weird with its style that had even less noses than usual, but I still hold fond memories of it to this day for reasons that only partially have to do with fanservice.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 18:04   Link #108
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I thought SOMEONE must have been unhappy about the character designs, just a gut feeling. I think the lower then average TV ratings reflected it. But this new set of character design seem to have attracted some old skool fans who loved Ojamajo Doremi (including me). Also, less chance of QUALITY with a simpler design, but the backgrounds stayed as crap as ever.

Although I think the comparison of good Fresh fanart to bad Heartcatch fanart isn't the best comparison. Maybe official images would be a better coimparison.

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2010-02-22 at 18:43.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 21:21   Link #109
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I didn't like what little I saw of Fresh that much. Not to say that I flat out disliked it, but after Passion came in it kinda felt like.

FRESH PRETTY CURE!!
Starring...

Cure Peach!!
Cure Passion!!

... oh yeah and the other two...

But it's probably just me. I hope that this doesn't turn into that, it's the reason why I started to miss when there were less Pretty Cure characters in a season. ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 21:22   Link #110
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I thought SOMEONE must have been unhappy about the character designs, just a gut feeling. I think the lower then average TV ratings reflected it. But this new set of character design seem to have attracted some old skool fans who loved Ojamajo Doremi (including me). Also, less chance of QUALITY with a simpler design, but the backgrounds stayed as crap as ever.

Although I think the comparison of good Fresh fanart to bad Heartcatch fanart isn't the best comparison. Maybe official images would be a better coimparison.
Honestly, the character designs for Fresh doesn't cater to the little girls.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 21:24   Link #111
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
... oh yeah and the other two...
Reminds me of the treatment Ran got in Gekiranger. She was lucky when she got a focus episode. But at least Miki and Bukki still got some moments to shine. Though that may have been because I was paying more attention to Miki than the others. Eri Kitamura's voice and all.
Old 2010-02-25, 01:14   Link #112
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron Gendum View Post
Consider the following.
[...]
XD
Spoiler:
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 03:41   Link #113
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron Gendum View Post
Animesuki, what went so horribly, horribly wrong here?
Oh noes, my cartoons look cartoony?
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 05:52   Link #114
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, same old Precure, but done a LOT better than usual. So far, it's beating up my favorite Precure series, Splash Precure.

This might sound absolutely crazy, but this show just might have the best overall animation right alongside Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood for me. I know. Crazy.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 10:08   Link #115
Archaic

Why do I have the feeling that the mystery bishounen is Coupe (ie. Grandma's fat fairy) undergoing some kind of temp. human form transformation?

They do seem to be mixing up a bit of the formula with this new series. That Blossom needed to be walked through things rather than having instinctive knowledge of what to do is an interesting twist for Pretty Cure, particularly when Marine seemed to know exactly what to do from the very beginning. She wouldn't have got all that out of her dreams. Also interesting that they both seem to be able to accomplish finishing moves without needing the assistance of the other. For a duo setup, I was expecting the finishers would require them to work together, as in previous seasons. Good to see also that they're physical types, returning to the roots of the franchise a bit there instead of throwing around magical attacks like candy.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 14:23   Link #116
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I watched, the story was kinda standard Precure stuffs. But the ending was WOW, I haven't seen anything pretty cool like that for awhile. Really amazing! ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 03:12   Link #117
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

If you mean the ED animation sequence, I agree. They were trying to do the whole 'dancing precure' motif with the ED since Splash Precure and with Fresh Precure, they went into the whole CGI dancing sequence. It was nice then, and now it's simply awe inspiring.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 03:17   Link #118
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
If you mean the ED animation sequence, I agree. They were trying to do the whole 'dancing precure' motif with the ED since Splash Precure and with Fresh Precure, they went into the whole CGI dancing sequence. It was nice then, and now it's simply awe inspiring.
Toei has had a lot of experience with 3-d from the first two EDs of fresh,

They're doing a series of 3-d CG movies for kids http://www.anime-matsuri.com/
(including a 3-d gegege no kitaro?!)
And they really learned the ropes with Robodz in a collaboration with Disney.
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/robodz/

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toei attempt a fully 3-d CG movie in Japan soon, and maybe a TV show. Although I doubt it would be for their big properties... Too risky.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 22:22   Link #119
Midonin
Last Engage

While the girls' powers are still individualized and themed accordingly (like a Sentai team), tonight rolls out some combo stock footage that's very pleasing to the eyes (also like a Sentai team). The double henshin and double finisher are actually sort of cool. After all, the two of them are one...never mind. That's half an hour earlier. I'm still getting a laugh at how the finisher is basically the MotW being crucified. On a giant flower, but it is what it looks like.
Old 2010-02-27, 22:50   Link #120
Desbreko
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Desbreko
The first thing I thought of when I saw Tsubomi's Pink Forte Wave used on the giant doll was Lilith from Evangelion.
Desbreko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou-shoujo