Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-04, 17:10   Link #101
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuken View Post
Shunsui is among the top 5 in SS.
And Hitsugaya will become as powerful. But it will take a long time.
Hitsugaya will become what (with ice) what Yamamoto is now (with fire).
But Hitsugaya is incredible young, and Yamamoto is incredible old... so just let him grow up.
Additionally I recall that there was a prophecy about Toshirou which told a similar story.
So what if Shunsui is among the top5 ? Yama is way above shunsui, so trying to take something shunsui said about himself and applying that to Yama is way off.
Old 2010-03-04, 17:18   Link #102
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Shunsui is among the top 5 in SS.
And Hitsugaya will become as powerful. But it will take a long time.
Hitsugaya will become what (with ice) what Yamamoto is now (with fire).
But Hitsugaya is incredible young, and Yamamoto is incredible old... so just let him grow up.
Additionally I recall that there was a prophecy about Toshirou which told a similar story.
Wait, what?!

That has to either be from a filler (I wouldn't know, I don't watch them); the movie (I can't remember it); possibly a fanfic (if you read them); or you misinterpreted some information within the manga because I do not recall any such prophecy about Toshiro and if there was one the main protagonist wouldn't be Ichigo, but Toshiro. (But, if by some strange lapse in memory I am wrong, firstly, I apologize. Secondly, God... Please strike me down with a bolt of lightning. I don't think I can stand any more Toshiro fanservice. )

But I do agree with you about Shunsui, being apart of the top five. If only he had gone bankai. . . He probably would have only fallen harder.

Last edited by Bassoonicmayhem; 2010-03-04 at 17:30. Reason: Added point
Old 2010-03-04, 17:44   Link #103
Frostwake

I predict Aizen will die a stupid death, because its been built up too much

See, because of all the trolling Aizen does in every chapter, people dont even take others seriously anymore, like Aizen is some sort of flawless omnipotent being

No matter what Kubo pulls (probably a random Ichigo power up as usual), people will be disappointed thinking "what? all that talk and Aizen was defeated by that? lame"
Old 2010-03-04, 18:00   Link #104
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Wait, what?!

That has to either be from a filler (I wouldn't know, I don't watch them); the movie (I can't remember it); possibly a fanfic (if you read them); or you misinterpreted some information within the manga because I do not recall any such prophecy about Toshiro and if there was one the main protagonist wouldn't be Ichigo, but Toshiro. (But, if by some strange lapse in memory I am wrong, firstly, I apologize. Secondly, God... Please strike me down with a bolt of lightning. I don't think I can stand any more Toshiro fanservice. )
I'd bet 56 internets that it's from his fangirls.
Old 2010-03-04, 18:09   Link #105
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I'd bet 56 internets that it's from his fangirls.
I was thinking that too! But I've been harping on his fangirls lately (at least, I feel that I have been), and didn't want to seem like a troll so I decided to keep my rant in context and not mention them.

Quote:
Wait, what?!

But I do agree with you about Shunsui, being apart of the top five. If only he had gone bankai. . . He probably would have only fallen harder.
Oh and I have no problem if you neg rep me, but please have the courtesy next time (and the balls) to actually put you name along with the reason so I may discuss why you gave me my first negative rep; people tend to learn from their mistakes. What you did was cowardly, but I digress.

Last edited by Bassoonicmayhem; 2010-03-04 at 18:27. Reason: Just needed to add somethin'...
Old 2010-03-04, 18:32   Link #106
AaKkisa

The closest thing I could vaguely remember to hearing a "prophecy" about Toshiro is when Stark and Shunsui are fighting. Stark asks if Toshiro is the strong(est) and Shunsui says something to the fact that in another 100 years, he very well could be.

With a PhD in Horribleness.
Old 2010-03-04, 18:35   Link #107
Magnus N

Send a message via MSN to Magnus N
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaKkisa View Post
The closest thing I could vaguely remember to hearing a "prophecy" about Toshiro is when Stark and Shunsui are fighting. Stark asks if Toshiro is the strong(est) and Shunsui says something to the fact that in another 100 years, he very well could be.
May be the strongest of shunsui and Hitsu ye, not in all of SS though
Old 2010-03-04, 18:37   Link #108
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
i think toshiro could become the next sou-taicho. he has the strongest ice-type zanpaktou and he is already a captain at a very young age.

Last edited by Simon_Lord; 2010-03-04 at 20:05.
Old 2010-03-04, 18:45   Link #109
Alchemist007
*Author

btw it's Sou-taichou.
Old 2010-03-04, 18:51   Link #110
Calca
Expressionless

I'd like to know where this laughable "prophecy" came from.

Also, Orihime not withstanding, it'd be kind of hard to do much without an arm and a foot
Old 2010-03-04, 19:02   Link #111
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_Lord View Post
i think toshiro could become the next jo-taicho. he has the strongest ice-type zanpaktou and he is already a captain at a very young age.
Well it's very likely that he'll become captain-commander, but the NEXT one? Eh, if Yama-ji stays around another 200-500 years, sure, but Hitsugaya as his replacement NOW is laughable.
Old 2010-03-04, 19:41   Link #112
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Quote:
Maybe I am wrong if nobody remembers, but I think it was in the one shot chapter showing Hitsugaya's youth, also seen in the anime.
I haven't watchen DiamondDust Rebellion and I never read fanfics, so if its true, it was there.

And obviously, I meant (and said) in > 1000 years, Toshiro will become that powerful.

Also I'm not a Hitsugaya fan at all. Personally I think he is mentally and physically too young for the job of a taichou.
Physically he is way too weak in my eyes, always using bankai and all, on par with Komamura...
And mentally, well he explained it himself in chapter 390...

Meanwhile persons who lack only a little strength, but who would be otherwise excellent for the job are still no Taichou
e.g. Hisagi Shuuhei
Old 2010-03-04, 20:05   Link #113
Simon_Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
btw it's Sou-taichou.
thanks, sorry i was on my iphone and didnt had time to check, i appreciate criticism
Old 2010-03-04, 20:06   Link #114
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
I'd like to know where this laughable "prophecy" came from.

Also, Orihime not withstanding, it'd be kind of hard to do much without an arm and a foot
Well Edward ELric seemed to have little problem getting stuff done without his original arm and leg. With Histu's ice powers I see no problem with him grafting a permanent Ice arm and Ice talon replacement.

Id actually prefer that though that would probably makes his fangirls cry...

Quote:
And obviously, I meant (and said) in > 1000 years, Toshiro will become that powerful.

Also I'm not a Hitsugaya fan at all. Personally I think he is mentally and physically too young for the job of a taichou.
Physically he is way too weak in my eyes, always using bankai and all, on par with Komamura...
Are you saying Koma is not fit to be captain either because of his overuse of bankai?

Quote:
Meanwhile persons who lack only a little strength, but who would be otherwise excellent for the job are still no Taichou
e.g. Hisagi Shuuhei
Interesting you say that because in the DDR Hisagi and Kira both try to take on Hitsugaya and when it comes to swords skills and strength - he actually pushes them aside.

Its not canon I know, but the animators seem to have Hitsugayas strength on a different level to the VCs.
Old 2010-03-04, 20:06   Link #115
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong if nobody remembers, but I think it was in the one shot chapter showing Hitsugaya's youth, also seen in the anime.
I haven't watchen DiamondDust Rebellion and I never read fanfics, so if its true, it was there.

And mentally, well he explained it himself in chapter 390...

e.g. Hisagi Shuuhei
I think what you are referring to deals with Toshiro's zanpakuto and not really Toshiro himself; because I believe it was mentioned that no one in SS had had his zanpakuto in over 100 years and I think that that may be being mixed up for a prophecy. I could be wrong though.

And I'm glad to see that we agree on the issue that is Toshiro. But I do agree with what has been stated before too; in a few hundred years I could easily see him being the next Commander General; but right now, he is nowhere near that caliber, physically or mentally, as you stated before.

If Hisagi Shuuhei knew bankai, I'd agree with you on that as well. He, in my opinion, seems to be better captain material than Toshiro, but then again, both Hisagi and Toshiro were prodigies during their academy days. Hisagi thinks too much while Toshiro doesn't think enough. It's mature vs. immature. But Toshiro has bankai so he wins and only because of that.
Old 2010-03-04, 20:10   Link #116
Simon_Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Well it's very likely that he'll become captain-commander, but the NEXT one? Eh, if Yama-ji stays around another 200-500 years, sure, but Hitsugaya as his replacement NOW is laughable.
im sorry, if Ukitake doesnt die from his illness scientificly called holeinchestium, he should be the next one :P
Old 2010-03-04, 20:21   Link #117
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Interesting you say that because in the DDR Hisagi and Kira both try to take on Hitsugaya and when it comes to swords skills and strength - he actually pushes them aside.
Sure the plot of DDR might not be canon, but what about their abilities? I see no reason not to count that.

Quote:
im sorry, if Ukitake doesnt die from his illness scientificly called holeinchestium, he should be the next one :P
Maybe. Aside from person preference, we haven't seen the extent of his or any of the top captain's abilities yet.
Old 2010-03-04, 20:25   Link #118
Farscape
Secondman

Well, it's good to see that all the people who ever doubted the old man or actually considerd Aizen being more powerful than him, can finally eat their words.
Old 2010-03-04, 20:39   Link #119
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Are you saying Koma is not fit to be captain either because of his overuse of bankai?
No, I'm saying he's not ready yet, because he is still way too weak.
Mainly in comparison to Ikkaku. An Ikkaku with full power and without all the pride bullshit would probably be more effective.

Quote:

Its not canon I know, but the animators seem to have Hitsugayas strength on a different level to the VCs.
Hisagi has shown very good leadership attributes, logical thinking and strategy. (Episode 219, Hisagi vs. that Arrancar, is a treat)

And Kira has shown skilled Kidou usage, zanjutsu and judgement.

So... I may be extra biased by Hitsugaya's recent behavior in front of Aizen, but it seems kinda unfair for more capable soldiers to be in lower positions.

Quote:
After the battles we saw here (well it's not over obviously), I don't see Ukitake on par with Kyouraku anymore. He was kinda dissapointing
That illness is just a too big factor. Well... he is still in the top 5 beneath Yamaji
Old 2010-03-04, 20:49   Link #120
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farscape View Post
Well, it's good to see that all the people who ever doubted the old man or actually considerd Aizen being more powerful than him, can finally eat their words.
^ this.

We know what Kenpachi was talking about now in the zanpakuto arc when he said the old man wouldn't get hurt by him when he headed in on his little killing spree. It's too bad Yama-ji didn't have a chance, he probably would've snapped Muramasa like a twig if he didn't have to shield his zanpakuto from being captured.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga