Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 23:13   Link #4881
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterbigeyes View Post
My finger nearly broke from clicking to exchange all my badges for honor
I just put some music on and turned off in-game sound.
Old 2010-03-24, 23:30   Link #4882
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd spent most of mine beforehand to get a mount. I just had a lot of Isle of Conquest marks left.

Haven't gotten around to turning in my Frost Orbs. Since there are no engineering patterns that I know of that use the newer orbs all I can get of use are Eternals....I got lots of those already. I'll hang onto them for a bit. I know my alt needs a gun and his goggles still (two orbs....wow...out of 17 maybe)

Has anyone noticed anything strange in the world yet? Any signs of the coming doom? There aren't any in the patch notes, but sometimes they sneak stuff in places (aside from the earthquakes...those have been happening since December).
Old 2010-03-25, 13:59   Link #4883
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Has anyone noticed anything strange in the world yet? Any signs of the coming doom? There aren't any in the patch notes, but sometimes they sneak stuff in places (aside from the earthquakes...those have been happening since December).
Wow, I didn't notice the earthquake at all. I rarely visit the old world but going to city to visit AH (THUNDER BLUFF FOR THE WIN I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS T___T).

I think I speak for most here when most players probably never leave Dalaran much anymore just because there is no need to outside of raiding (and if you're one of the lazy bunch you even get summoned to those) and dailies (lately I just op to do randoms on my healer to get gold since I still rather use badges to get crusader orb and saving frozen orb for eternals).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 17:27   Link #4884
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Found a very nice way to enjoy raiding and make a lot of gold at the same time - just GDKP it. 2 runs of 9/12 for ICC25. Pots were 6320g and 8320g. Sell a BoE and some gems and I earn 20k for 5 hours work. Reason for such crazy pots were the following:

Run 1
--------
Tiny Abomination in a Jar - 30k
Dislodged Foreign Object - 28k
Alathor's Abacus (Heroic) - 20k
Conquerors Marks - 10k each
BoE Pally bracers from Prince - 8.5k

Run 2
--------
Dislodged Foreign Object - 50k (!)
Polar Claw Bracers (Heroic) - 15k
Protectors Marks - 16k each
Deathwhisper plate boots - 10k
Dreamwalker plate pants - 10k
Marrowgar BoE ring - 9k
Prince mail boots - 6.5k

Also finally found a PvP combo that's good for me in Arena - Frost Mage + Shadow Priest. Managed to crank out 11 wins in a row this weekend. Pretty stoked when we got Hot Streak in only our 2nd weekend ever of PvPing together.
Old 2010-03-28, 21:35   Link #4885
Xacual

Those pugs were doing ICC minus BQ, Sind, and LK?

Anyway my ICC10 group has gotten 9/12 now. This last week we finally got Saurfang and Blood Princes. Now we just need to work on Dreamwalker and Sindragosa and we'll have all the hardmodes needed for achievement done at least.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 21:44   Link #4886
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Those pugs were doing ICC minus BQ, Sind, and LK?

Anyway my ICC10 group has gotten 9/12 now. This last week we finally got Saurfang and Blood Princes. Now we just need to work on Dreamwalker and Sindragosa and we'll have all the hardmodes needed for achievement done at least.
Correct. Blackrock Alliance run 3 different ones that can do 9/12, then there's about half a dozen that can do 6-7/12, then a load that do 4/12. Blackrock Horde only get 1 or 2 a week full stop.
Old 2010-03-29, 02:04   Link #4887
Peterbigeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Found a very nice way to enjoy raiding and make a lot of gold at the same time - just GDKP it. 2 runs of 9/12 for ICC25. Pots were 6320g and 8320g. Sell a BoE and some gems and I earn 20k for 5 hours work. Reason for such crazy pots were the following:

Run 1
--------
Tiny Abomination in a Jar - 30k
Dislodged Foreign Object - 28k
Alathor's Abacus (Heroic) - 20k
Conquerors Marks - 10k each
BoE Pally bracers from Prince - 8.5k

Run 2
--------
Dislodged Foreign Object - 50k (!)
Polar Claw Bracers (Heroic) - 15k
Protectors Marks - 16k each
Deathwhisper plate boots - 10k
Dreamwalker plate pants - 10k
Marrowgar BoE ring - 9k
Prince mail boots - 6.5k

Also finally found a PvP combo that's good for me in Arena - Frost Mage + Shadow Priest. Managed to crank out 11 wins in a row this weekend. Pretty stoked when we got Hot Streak in only our 2nd weekend ever of PvPing together.
Omg nice! I was talking to my friend about doing something like this but they were unsure of the prices to fix. Glad you posted a reference : )
Peterbigeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 05:05   Link #4888
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

You don't fix prices. You set minimum bids and the increments that are allowed. Just let them go nuts. Not everyone is loaded. I would recommend figuring out who is both skilled and rich.
Old 2010-03-29, 18:23   Link #4889
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

A lot of details for zone changes in Cataclysm have been announced.

Quote:
Durotar - Orgrimmar will be getting a bit of a revamp with a path that will connect it to Azshara for the goblins. The trolls will also get their own 1-5 questing area with the re-capturing of the Echo Isles prior to release.

Mulgore - With the Barrens now being cut in half the tauren erect a wall to defend themselves from the Alliance advance.

Azshara - Will be completely terraformed by the goblins into the shape of the Horde symbol. The goblins will also build a town along the cliffs where the highborne city currently is with a cannon in the center. Azshara crater will be replaced with a mining operation.

Darkshore - Darkshore will be affected quite heavily by the elements and Auberdine will be completely destroyed by a tidal wave. Due to this the night elves have built a new town further up the coastline. Shatterspear village will also be opened up. The Horde build a camp in the southern section of the zone.

Ashenvale - The orcs continue their push into the forest razing both Silverwynd Refuge and Astranaar while Zoram'gar Outpost is heavily fortified. Much more of the forest will be cut down and it is unknown what offense if any the night elves are making.

Stonetalon Mountains - The zone will be heavily edited with the charred vale being affected by a mini volcano which also opens a path to the coastline. The Alliance town at the peak is destroyed with a new tauren camp on the mountain south of it. The goblins also carve a path through the mountains into Ashenvale where the Talondeep Path currently is. It seems the zone is going to have quite a bit of it opened up.

Desolace - After the Cataclysm Desolace will see new growth and much of the zone will once again be the forest it originally was.

Northern Barrens - The half of the zone that will still belong to the Horde. There most likely will be a new pathway in Northern Mulgore that leads to the Northern Barrens to allow tauren access. The Alliance make a push into the zone and are building a camp near the Stonetalon border. The druid Naralex has succeeded in his plan and both sections of the Barrens will see incredible growth as the zone turns green in many areas.

Southern Barrens - This section of the Barrens will see a large level increase and will now be contested. The Alliance have attacked and razed the tauren town of Camp Taurajo causing the tauren to create a wall at the border to Mulgore. The Southern Barrens is seeing a large amount of regrowth but it is unfortunately being affected by the Emerald Nightmare. There is a new tauren camp in the mountains west of the new rift and Wailing Caverns.

Thousand Needles - The mountains on the eastern coast have collapsed allowing Thousand Needles to once again have water. The zone itself will not be fully flooded and the water will only go up about halfway (it will go right up to where the white salt texture ends in the Shimmering Flats). With this a very small section at the border of Feralas will be flooded.

Tanaris - Due to the flooding of Thousand Needles the goblins at Gadgetzan now have beachfront property. The entrance to Uldum will be here.

Eastern Kingdoms

Tirisfal Glades - The Ruins of Lordaeron will now be fleshed out due to flying now being enabled.

Hillsbrad Foothills - The Alliance town of Southshore has been swept away by a tidal wave.

Western Plaguelands - The plague has been cleansed from the zone allowing it to slowly turn back to normal. The zone will likely see a name change to correspond to the new look.

Eastern Plaguelands - Due to the zones size it will be split n two in some way. A new neautral port will be south of the zone along the coast.

Wetlands - Due to being near sea level the zone will be heavily afflicted by the Cataclysm and by Deathwings Path to Grim Batol. The entrance to Twilight Highlands will be here.

Blackrock Mountain - Blackrock Mountain will have a new 5 man instance added inside and a new raid, Blackwing Descent, which will be accessed via the balcony where the end of Blackwing Lair took place.

Stranglethorn Vale - It's unknown what exactly will change but it has been said that Stranglethorn Vale will be the most heavily modified zone.

Blasted Lands - A large revamp will occur here with the questing (so there are more than 5 quests) and the mountains will be opened up to show a coastline. The Tainted Scar will be edited to contain a Worgen themed area.

Elwynn Forest - Stormwind will have a new Worgen district added.

Dun Morogh - The gnomes will retake the upper section of the city prior to the Cataclysm giving them their own 1-5 questing area.
Old 2010-03-29, 19:21   Link #4890
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Most of that seems more like confirmation of existing information or some slight detail points, than anything really new.

Where is it from?
Old 2010-03-29, 20:05   Link #4891
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It came from WorldofRaids. They also speculate most zones will have their quest levels reduced by 10 to compensate for Azshara entering the fray.
Old 2010-03-29, 20:23   Link #4892
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

On WoWwiki where are some leveling maps for both continents (from Blizzcon), though only limited views. Some of the zones get lowered, others get raised to have a more stable flow of questing, rather than having people running around all over the place as tey do now. Especially around the 50-60 region where you can go from the Crater, to Felwood, to Winterspring, back to the Crater, then to the Eastern Plaguelands, then to the Searing Gorge, then to the Crater again.

Though it looks like the only high level zones will likely be Silithis, Winterspring, and I suppose the Searing Gorge. Only Silithis is shown on the maps as being level 55-60. Eastern Plaguelands is down to 55 max I think. Maybe they'll tune the Blasted Lands to 55-60 and then have a quest chain that actually takes you to Outland naturally.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:16   Link #4893
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

has Cataclysm gone into any beta stages yet? I havent gotten any news letters about it so far.
Old 2010-03-30, 07:29   Link #4894
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It's barely into closed Alpha. I'm not expecting beta to appear until Starcraft 2 FINALLY gets released after a baker's dozen of years.
Old 2010-03-30, 12:33   Link #4895
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
It's barely into closed Alpha. I'm not expecting beta to appear until Starcraft 2 FINALLY gets released after a baker's dozen of years.
It is, actually, speculated that the beta phase will begin on April or the latest on June, since Cataclysm will be released in this year. Also, the alpha-phase is being tested now in Friend and Family alpha test, which began on 12th January, according to MMO-Champion.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 16:58   Link #4896
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Cataclysm Testing Will Start in April
Many people wonder when will the beta of Cataclysm will start, it's time to (try to) answer that question!

As far as I know, the Beta is supposed to start in April. At this point it's not very clear if there will be a Friends & Family Alpha, if there is one it hasn't been widely advertised internally.

This is probably why Blizzard decided to spoil the Cataclysm Prologue in 3.9 a few weeks ago and waaaay before it's deployed on live servers. They're not huge fans of spoilers and the only reason to do it is to make sure people know what's going on when they eventually play on Beta servers.

From a technical point of view, I guess it also explains why most of the assets for both Patch 3.3.5 and Patch 3.9 have been deployed with Patch 3.3. It's probably much easier to maintain a Beta and a Live build at the same time when you don't have to deploy tons of files just because you had to add something on live servers.

Of course, this is a pretty risky news because Beta tests can be postponed if something funny happens but as far as I'm concerned, it should definitely happen in April. If the beta lasts as long as WotLK's you can expect a release of the expansion in September/October, most likely before the Blizzcon.

And before someone smart posts in comments, I do realize it's not hard to predict that. We all know that Cataclysm will be released in 2010, we all know how much time a beta test takes and we all know the beta will start in April/May/June. But I'll just pretend it was an April's Fool joke if I'm wrong, you can do that in May.
That was posted on MMO-Champion this morning.
Old 2010-03-30, 17:36   Link #4897
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Deeprun Tram is really dark in the underwater section now. Some of the forum threads mentioned it this morning, but I needed to look for myself. It is really dark down there.
Old 2010-03-30, 19:20   Link #4898
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*shrug* I'm just focused on getting gold capped on Gnomeregan takeback at present.
Old 2010-03-30, 19:37   Link #4899
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Deeprun Tram is really dark in the underwater section now. Some of the forum threads mentioned it this morning, but I needed to look for myself. It is really dark down there.
that would be creapy if it has something to do with the expansion
Old 2010-03-30, 19:44   Link #4900
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
that would be creapy if it has something to do with the expansion
GG if it blows up during the earthquakes...

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows