just read the scanlated 85 and the raw for 86

Spoiler for 85 and 86:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-04-11, 21:59   Link #2522
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And here's the big prize question for Seo Kouji experts!!

For Eba to win in "Kimi no Iru Machi", what does she need to do?

Spoiler:
Good one.

And Aoi is obviously smoking hot, but she is not hot when she is...smoking. lol.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:09   Link #2523
H23

Lol ^ I can actually see that happening later on in the story, to give her a "fresher" look so maybe she can compete with everybody else around Haruto, hahah...
Old 2010-04-12, 03:43   Link #2524
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'd easily but money on us seeing Eba with short hair before this series has ended. We know what Seo is like.
Old 2010-04-12, 05:15   Link #2525
Rickketik

nice

Spoiler for Kazuma/Eba:

But I don't think Kazuma knows anything about Eba and Haruto.
btw, when Kazuma was talking to Haruto about the tickets, he said something like "a friend (a girl) give me those tickets" He used the word 'friend' not 'girlfriend'...If that girl he is talking about is Eba, then maybe I was wrong?

And I still can't guess the reason why she broke up, but something tells me it's going to be a lame one..
Rickketik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 12:58   Link #2526
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'd easily but money on us seeing Eba with short hair before this series has ended. We know what Seo is like.
I really really really hope he doesn't do that though. The only time I'd accept a short hair Yuzuki is in an epilogue after the final chapter, not before.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:01   Link #2527
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I really really really hope he doesn't do that though. The only time I'd accept a short hair Yuzuki is in an epilogue after the final chapter, not before.
Yeah i'd rather go for something like that. Would seem pretty pointless, but oh so Seo if it happened.
Old 2010-04-12, 15:56   Link #2528
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
just read the scanlated 85 and the raw for 86

Spoiler for 85 and 86:
Though this is an interesting theory im thinking no. Because of the gaps in how Kazama would know about Haruto its kind of like grasping at straws. Plus the detail of who Kazama said gave him the tickets. He for sure used the word friend and if Eba was his g/f Kazama is the kind of guy that would tell anyone who would listen.

Not to mention that scenario would piss me off. It would be a huge wrench in the only decent male friend Haruto has made since he came to Tokyo. Kazama genuinely seems to like Haruto as a friend and i cant see Seo pulling something like this. I just dont see a good reason to progress the story this way other than forced drama.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2010-04-12 at 17:05.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 16:21   Link #2529
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Though this is an interesting theory im thinking no. Because of the gaps in how Kazama would know about Haruto its kind of like grasping at straws. Plus the detail of who Kazama said gave him the tickets. He for sure used friend and Eba was his g/f Kazama is the kind of guy that would tell anyone who would listen.

Not to mention that scenario would piss me off. It would be a huge wrench in the only decent male friend Haruto has made since he came to Tokyo. Kazama genuinely seems to like Haruto as a friend and i cant see Seo pulling something like this. I just dont see a good reason to progress the story this way other than forced drama.
I agree, as an author you don't introduce a character with an illness that jeopardizes his genuine dream and then turn him into a deceitful asshole... that would be just plain wrong
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 22:52   Link #2530
HF2008

This is Lame

Hi All,

Looks like without giving away the spoilers I read too much that my theory about being a shut in was dead wrong. Regardless, the plot is about as realistic as a big foot movie.

Anyway, no surprise to me that Eba is a B**tch.

GeekyOmega
HF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 22:53   Link #2531
cyberdemon

Quote:
Though this is an interesting theory im thinking no. Because of the gaps in how Kazama would know about Haruto its kind of like grasping at straws. Plus the detail of who Kazama said gave him the tickets. He for sure used the word friend and if Eba was his g/f Kazama is the kind of guy that would tell anyone who would listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I agree, as an author you don't introduce a character with an illness that jeopardizes his genuine dream and then turn him into a deceitful asshole... that would be just plain wrong
how he knows Haruto isn't necessarily difficult. He could find a picture of Haruto on Eba's cell and ask Rin (Since he felt he couldn't ask Yuzuki) about it who would be all to happy to cause chaos by telling him the truth. lol.

he might not necessarily be being an asshole about it but rather trying to help the girl he loves who he realizes could be sacrificing her feelings for him. He could be trying to help them meet to help them rather than himself since he realizes that her feelings aren't really for him. He could've realized it was a doubled edged sword by doing it since he could lose her but she could be happy which is what he'd at least want or there could be proper closure for her and they could become a better couple as a result.

then him saying friend instead of girlfriend could just be his way of avoiding the topic of girlfriend since he probably doesn't know that Haruto knows he has a girlfriend and wanted to avoid the topic of WHO said girlfriend is since Haruto might ask questions about her. This way there isn't tension between him and Haruto over Yuzuki since he thinks of Haruto as a good friend and doesn't want to alienate him about her.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-04-12 at 23:03.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 00:47   Link #2532
ZeKeR
Superbad

it cant be helped... this is kouji's work... he likes us being high and expecting for any development we wish... but suddenly changes it
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 11:59   Link #2533
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
how he knows Haruto isn't necessarily difficult. He could find a picture of Haruto on Eba's cell and ask Rin (Since he felt he couldn't ask Yuzuki) about it who would be all to happy to cause chaos by telling him the truth. lol.

he might not necessarily be being an asshole about it but rather trying to help the girl he loves who he realizes could be sacrificing her feelings for him. He could be trying to help them meet to help them rather than himself since he realizes that her feelings aren't really for him. He could've realized it was a doubled edged sword by doing it since he could lose her but she could be happy which is what he'd at least want or there could be proper closure for her and they could become a better couple as a result.

then him saying friend instead of girlfriend could just be his way of avoiding the topic of girlfriend since he probably doesn't know that Haruto knows he has a girlfriend and wanted to avoid the topic of WHO said girlfriend is since Haruto might ask questions about her. This way there isn't tension between him and Haruto over Yuzuki since he thinks of Haruto as a good friend and doesn't want to alienate him about her.
I still disagree everything you've just stated is very convenient and wrapped up in a nice little package. The chances that this guy comes to Tokyo happens to not only meet this guy on his first day who also lives next to him and is in the same class plus he happens to be dating Haruto's ex whom he conveniently just became friends with is stretching it a little.

Guessing that Eba just happen to have a pic of Haruto on her cell phone and he just happen to see it is still pretty random. Assuming that was the case instead of just asking Eba about it instead he decides to help her get closure? I would be worried about the fact that she still has ex's picture on her phone rather than helping a guy who is basically my rival get closure. It was just be ass writing and it would make Kazama looked a big ass hole and Eba look like a bitch even though Eba is doing a good job of that on her own. The double edge part i still disagree with the whole point of Haruto coming to Tokyo was find a resolution with Eba it makes her journey seems cheap if Kazama is doing the work and sacrificing himself on the alter of love. Its just bad writing in general to go that route. Before Haruto can truly find the answers to all things Eba he needs to grow and experience more of life. Which is why the time hes spending without Eba in Tokyo is great for him to mature.

There are multiple ways of handling the upcoming events im just hoping Seo doesn't chicken out and try to rush and force it.
Old 2010-04-13, 12:34   Link #2534
cyberdemon

Quote:
I still disagree everything you've just stated is very convenient and wrapped up in a nice little package. The chances that this guy comes to Tokyo happens to not only meet this guy on his first day who also lives next to him and is in the same class plus he happens to be dating Haruto's ex whom he conveniently just became friends with is stretching it a little.

Guessing that Eba just happen to have a pic of Haruto on her cell phone and he just happen to see it is still pretty random. Assuming that was the case instead of just asking Eba about it instead he decides to help her get closure? I would be worried about the fact that she still has ex's picture on her phone rather than helping a guy who is basically my rival get closure. It was just be ass writing and it would make Kazama looked a big ass hole and Eba look like a bitch even though Eba is doing a good job of that on her own. The double edge part i still disagree with the whole point of Haruto coming to Tokyo was find a resolution with Eba it makes her journey seems cheap if Kazama is doing the work and sacrificing himself on the alter of love. Its just bad writing in general to go that route. Before Haruto can truly find the answers to all things Eba he needs to grow and experience more of life. Which is why the time hes spending without Eba in Tokyo is great for him to mature.

There are multiple ways of handling the upcoming events im just hoping Seo doesn't chicken out and try to rush and force it.
he doesn't live next door to Haruto, he just visits the place because his friend Asuka lives there. Don't forget it's still technically a girls dorm. Rin knew that Haruto was coming to Tokyo and could've told him that in or he could've overheard Aoi on one of his visitis. so he could've learned that he was staying there and used the helmet as an excuse to meet him.

going to the same school might not really be coincidence. If Kazama is Yuzuki's boyfriend then they went to the same middle school but Yuzuki went to an all girls school afterwards while Kazama would've probably went to the closest public school to where they lived. Since Haruto went to Tokyo to meet Yuzuki he probably would've aimed for the school closest to where Yuzuki lives. The only coincidence would've just been that they were in the same class in this case.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2010-04-13 at 12:46.
Old 2010-04-13, 19:22   Link #2535
babohtea

I just started, and caught up to chapter 85. I like this series a lot. I still do, but recently the drama seems so forced.

Honestly, I could have sworn 30 chapters ago that Haruto and Eba were inseparably close, and then suddenly they revert back to being acquaintances. They NEED to break up again in order this series to go on, huh?

I liked how Haruto moved to Tokyo, but honestly the story could have moved on by now. Instead of being "Oh no, Eba is acting weird like always... again", it could be about moving on to college, about his dreams, etc. The Haruto X Eba thing is getting annoying; not because I don't like Eba, but because it's just GONE ON FOR TOO LONG. Stop playing the same card, there has to be other ways to keep a reader base interested Kouji Seo.

Errrrghhhhh it almost sick! Anyways, that's how I feel right now. I still liked the previous chapters, and I still like the characters (mostly) and I like watching them grow but when can we move on from this >.<
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 19:27   Link #2536
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So... how many times is it so far that this whole "Oops I'm walking with another girl" misunderstanding has happened to Haruto so far? 2? 3? 4 times now?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 19:42   Link #2537
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So... how many times is it so far that this whole "Oops I'm walking with another girl" misunderstanding has happened to Haruto so far? 2? 3? 4 times now?
Too many. This manga currently irritates me. It might be because I'm sick that I'm just not in a good mood though.
Old 2010-04-13, 21:04   Link #2538
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Umm...it only happened once. And we don't even know if it'll happen again. He could get there and totally ditch her. Or stand her up all together.
Old 2010-04-13, 21:32   Link #2539
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Umm...it only happened once. And we don't even know if it'll happen again. He could get there and totally ditch her. Or stand her up all together.
Spoiler for really?:
Old 2010-04-15, 21:10   Link #2540
cyberdemon

I think I'm reading this too much since i had a dream about it last night. Although that dream gave me an idea for another theory. I'm just so full of these lol.

Spoiler for theory:

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life