AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-25, 10:20   Link #141
Vree

You could say that it was a chapter with two new ships.

Old 2010-04-25, 19:33   Link #142
Grey

D'aw, adored Yukimachi in that one panel. And Yuuhi had some amusing ranting, digging those holes. Switching between ore, jibun, boku, etc. all in one short rant? Lookin' pretty crazy there!

This chapter reminded me, again, that even though I might not adore every individual character, I love the dynamic they have when they're together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
You could say that it was a chapter with two new ships.

We all know what that means. Shipping wars! Yukimachi&Akane vs NagumoShip(tm)! I think it's clear that the NagumoShip would win. Because...well...just look at it.

Clearly we need a new ship to defeat NagumoShip. Like...Subaru&Yukimachi&Akane. Yesss...excellent.
Old 2010-04-29, 20:43   Link #143
Sol Falling

Ch. 49. (lol, I kinda seem obsessively up to date with these releases. Anyway

Wow. Also, holy shit. Also, wtf. This manga is epic; I need to read it again. I need to refresh my memory on stuff like Yuuhi's cousin and more importantly (!) his father, his conversations with Samidare in the dream world, and other stuff. But everything still made so much sense and was so epic. It's totally a teaser of a short chapter, but it's still great.

When Yuuhi's cousin showed up, I kinda just thought: little sisters are so great. They're so nice. Even if she's actually a cousin, the 'family' feeling in this chapter was so...iunno, compelling.

I also truly thought, when Yuuhi yelled out "Not one human is trash!!!", that he simply could not have put it better. That was such an incredible moment. The growth, and the pain all caught in there, simply took my breath away.

The new hammer rules and technicalities were a bit confusing. I think it may have been in part the translation/wording. If I've got it right, the previous rules were that the Hammer would fall only once all the Knights or the Princess were defeated--i.e., once Animus won. Furthermore, Animus himself will not fight until all his golems were defeated, in both cases--this is to make things easier for the knights. The new ruleset, however, weakens the Knight's position somewhat instead: Animus doesn't need to win to set the hammer falling; instead, once he reaches a particular point of losing, it will fall as well.

What this change does is pressure the Knights to deal with Animus quickly/efficiently after they nail the 12th golem; there's no benefit in agreeing to this on their end. However, I think the 'defensive benefit' (like Yuuhi was talking about) Anima gains by proposing this is, actually, against Samidare. By creating a crucial period where Yuuhi and Sami will be forced to focus on Animus without preparation, Anima gains a better position to defend against their later plans for destruction. Since if Yuuhi dies, Sami's plans will lose a notable degree of support, the new defensive measures will becomes unnecessary so the ruleset will revert to what it was before, which is more advantageous for the Knights.

Anyway, after that stuff we go back to the dream world, and this is where I think things are getting really interesting. We haven't had many scenes happening there for a while; and after the revelation that the ones in the past were Sami inviting specifically the sympathetic aggressive aspects of Yuuhi's consciousness to chat, I'd guess that their reduction in frequency was due to Yuuhi's personal growth. However, this 'separation of consciousness' idea was pretty amazingly implemented, and I think Mizukami is finally getting into the psychological/consciousness stuff he's been hinting at all along with names/roles like Anima and Animus.

However, the main point here, that Anima summoned Yuuhi and Samidare's whole consciousness, in order to have Yuuhi overcome an 'ordeal', is pretty damn huge. The transparency here, with the obvious awareness between Samidare's intention to destroy the world, Yuuhi's loyalty to her, Anima's trust/dependance on Yuuhi in some role (presumably to stop Samidare), and Yuuhi's own development away from his aggressive tendencies, is simply fascinating. Who is Anima? Who is Samidare? What does Anima expect from Yuuhi, and whose expectations does Yuuhi intend to answer to? Is Sami concerned at all with any if this? lol, it's like, so deep man.

The door opening scene and everything was just crazy epic.

I feel like I am totally missing out on a bunch of connections here. I seriously need to do a reread soon, seriously. I think understanding just exactly what Anima, Animus, and the Princess are, however, will be vital for understanding everything. Anima has the three Mystical Knights plus the Princess, so why do Animus's 'sacred bodies' only number three? How, exactly, is/was Yuuhi's loyalty to Sami grounded in his destructive impulses to be reconciled with his growing attachment, sociability, and maturity in his relationships with the other knights? Shinonome-san showing up at the end is simply wild, like I totally did not see that coming, but I can tell the chapters that are about to come are gonna be incredible.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2010-04-29 at 21:00.
Old 2010-04-30, 00:56   Link #144
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^ it would have been more epic if he smashed the door =O

nice chapter all in all, but cliiiiifffffhang00000r

need 50 nao
Old 2010-04-30, 02:12   Link #145
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just finished the latest volume...this manga has a knack for turning naturally evil characters over to the good side! Which is great, because the characters get a lot more attention than the story (which isn't half bad either) AND we get some nice extras like magical Mary and playboy bunny Anima I guess the most interesting part of this manga will be the conversations between Anima and Animus, like why the latter just doesn't up and kill everyone and why did the former agree to change the rules, etc. Btw, if Shimaki keeps making golems and the knights keep destroying them, won't he be able to make something much stronger than maimakterion?
Old 2010-04-30, 03:00   Link #146
Kagekyuubi

Just keep in mind there's always a reason for all the little things in this series no matter how silly including these changes to the rules. That's just how the author rolls and it's guaranteed to make sense in the long run.
Old 2010-04-30, 03:02   Link #147
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Btw, if Shimaki keeps making golems and the knights keep destroying them, won't he be able to make something much stronger than maimakterion?
I think there's a criteria he has to meet before the next golem is stronger. If it was as easy as simply destroying the old one and making a new one, they probably would have done that already. My guess is he's limited in some capacity just like Animus is (since Animus isn't skipping right to the last golem either), especially with the recent chapter where he struggled for inspiration for his next golem.

Shimaki's power is very interesting though, since they've hinted at its usefulness (with the grenades) and linked it to Animus. It may be that Shimaki's ultimate golem won't simply be stronger than previous versions but something that even Animus couldn't create.
Old 2010-04-30, 03:16   Link #148
Sol Falling

lol, maybe I knew no one was gonna read my wall of text. I'll say again, then, my guess for why Anima agreed to make it harder for the Knights by changing the rules: it's a defensive measure against Sami, 'cause she also wants to destroy the earth. By making Yuuhi and the Princess expend more of their energy trying to take out Animus quickly, it makes it easier for Anima to come up with a counterattack once they get rid of him.

As for the reason why Animus isn't just talking out all the Knights right now himself...this is also one of the rules Anima made, that Animus can't fight until all his golems have died, to help the Knights out.

edit:

On the Shimaki thing: well, I kinda don't think Shimaki can go past 12 eyed golems, or maybe even 9; since golems 10, 11, and 12 are Animus' 'sacred bodies', they seem kinda special. So even if Shimaki just had the Knights break his golems quickly (can they?) and went up to 12, that'd be his last golem, and it still wouldn't be that much stronger than Maimakterion.
Old 2010-04-30, 10:29   Link #149
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
So even if Shimaki just had the Knights break his golems quickly (can they?) and went up to 12, that'd be his last golem, and it still wouldn't be that much stronger than Maimakterion.
Theoretically speaking, Shimaki should be able to create much stronger golems every time they are destroyed, but exactly because he is the one making them, he can let the others know of the golem's powers/weaknesses beforehand, so that the knights can have the advantage. As a bonus, even if his golems are not as strong as Animus', he can still give them weapons to increase their power...at least the grenades seem to work
Quote:
lol, maybe I knew no one was gonna read my wall of text. I'll say again, then, my guess for why Anima agreed to make it harder for the Knights by changing the rules: it's a defensive measure against Sami, 'cause she also wants to destroy the earth. By making Yuuhi and the Princess expend more of their energy trying to take out Animus quickly, it makes it easier for Anima to come up with a counterattack once they get rid of him.
I had read it in the morning, but I forgot about it now that I got up from my nap xD Thanks for pointing it out again, it does make a lot of sense indeed.
Old 2010-04-30, 15:04   Link #150
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Shinonome-san showing up at the end is simply wild, like I totally did not see that coming, but I can tell the chapters that are about to come are gonna be incredible.
I had the exact opposite reaction to this actually. It made me smile because I knew it had always been inevitable. This exact scene was foreshadowed a long time ago. It was a perfect moment of everything coming together.
Old 2010-04-30, 16:20   Link #151
gameboy234

Just saw this manga recently. The author is kinda lazy to draw, alot of white space/background..
Old 2010-04-30, 16:49   Link #152
Sol Falling

lol, I guess? It's usually assistants who do the backgrounds anyway though...

Also, Mizukami has been doing another (monthly; this one is monthly as well) series for at least part of this manga's run. lol, maybe there should be a Sengoku Youko thread as well (maybe I'll make one?). It's not quite as good yet as Biscuit Hammer, but still pretty damn awesome as well.
Old 2010-04-30, 21:41   Link #153
Kagekyuubi

Sengoku does have one thing that it has over Biscuit Hammer. The main character of Sengoku Youko, Jinka, knows how to make an excellent "Just as planned" face.

http://www.onemanga.com/Sengoku_Youko/24/16/
Old 2010-05-01, 22:20   Link #154
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yuuhi had a pretty cool rage-face going with that chain. "Castlevania" came to mind... Speaking of which, I sure hope that chain doesn't hit anyone...

Manly tears for his grandfather! ;_;

Once again, Anima's form-fitting clothing does not disappoint.

And now Yuuhi must do battle with the Dog Knight once more, in order to obtain ancient Aztec magic. Or something.
Old 2010-05-02, 07:48   Link #155
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

"Stairway to Heaven" comes to mind when i look at that last pic =/
This might be a fight in the Time Chamber (or whatīs it called again), in order for Yuuhi to gain SS. . .

you can never know D:
Old 2010-05-02, 22:22   Link #156
Xical
Phantom User

Chapter 61 hit the web today if you know were to look, and it will no dissapoint anyone
Spoiler:

as for chapter 50
Spoiler:

Last edited by Xical; 2010-05-03 at 04:50.
Old 2010-05-03, 03:34   Link #157
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Spoiler for chapter 61:
Old 2010-05-03, 06:16   Link #158
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

must. .. restrain myself. . .. from looking at.... spoiiiileeers

resist, the, temptation

EDIT: Couldnīt do it in the end, woah, not much revealed in those spoiler tags =/ thanks god

Last edited by LeaD36; 2010-05-03 at 06:43.
Old 2010-05-03, 10:38   Link #159
Kagekyuubi

Mark my words, YUUHI WILL FLY! There's been WAY too much foreshadowing for it not to happen and with what happened in the latest chap it's got to happen in 62.
Old 2010-05-03, 14:27   Link #160
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
Mark my words, YUUHI WILL FLY! There's been WAY too much foreshadowing for it not to happen and with what happened in the latest chap it's got to happen in 62.
Even if Yuuhi donīt fly, can you imagine the extend of his domain power as a mythical beast?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, seinen