AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-30, 01:22   Link #201
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Somehow I only started taking interest in this series only recently (since I can't find decent subs of the 2nd season, I'm watching them on Youtube). Well I already have a favorite - Rina (who somehow reminds me of Love Hina's Motoko and similarly designed girls) - it's cute how she gets flustered all over Masahiro .
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:31   Link #202
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

I liked mermaid Melody ever since I started to watch but as I grew older I found out that other than the songs, the enemy fall for the same song in every episode no matter how strong they are, there no alternatives for them. This sadly makes it a little boring knowing that when audience see an enemy they know that their going to me defeated by the same song from the good guys. No Offense

The mermaids actually lost once but after that they won until the next boss was defeated...
xiaoamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 07:06   Link #203
KimmyChan

*Kyaaaaaaaa*!!! I just cannot begin to tell you just how much I love this anime!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 04:16   Link #204
Ranmaman

Mermaid Melody Pitch Pitch Pitch "Re-licensed?"

well apparently it's true that it has once again been picked up by ADV and is actually getting dubbed.

here's the trailer anyway - i haven't seen it officially announced anywhere else...

You be the Judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3nTSb0wigw

but as far as i can tell it only appears to be series 1 Pitchi Pitchi Pitch and not include series 2 Pitchi Pitchi Pitch Pure
Ranmaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 20:59   Link #205
tyciol
*Artist

I am rather confused, Lunar's ScaryWater tracker says it is licensed... http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/

However Pitch is still up here: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/148.html

So does AnimeSuki not recognize it as licensed yet? Did ADV change their mind?

Shoujo-Anime who also did the first 19 only has Futari wa Pretty Cure on their tracker.

I think that if these torrents aren't even active and it is licensed that Suki should take it down, perhaps I am reading into this too much if the licensing never went all the way through, but if it did fall out then perhaps the groups will put up their torrents.

Lunar's site seems to be down now so wasn't able to ask there.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 15:16   Link #206
Auri

Send a message via ICQ to Auri
ADV dropped the license

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
That's strange, last I heard they dropped the license because they couldn't get a TV deal. Never mind the fact only "auto-popular" series have a chance of getting a TV deal and Mermaid Melody doesn't count. Still what I've seen so far has been a bit curious and strangely addictive. Need to get back to watching it later.
You can read it in this post:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...52#post1848552

wasurenai-subs.com is now subbing this anime
Auri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:36   Link #207
Dwalin

I have a question about the plot:
Spoiler for series:
Dwalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 18:29   Link #208
gordok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalin View Post
I have a question about the plot:
Spoiler for series:
Spoiler for series:
gordok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 12:43   Link #209
Lunar Winds
Break Me~

I've watched the whole series (including second series) I like the opening songs and Rina's song star jewel, although I have to say Karen's singing makes my ears bleed. Karen never had any affairs with Gaito though, Idk where you got that information from because it's not accurate. Here's a spoiler for Karen,
Spoiler for Karen:
Old 2011-10-26, 12:46   Link #210
tyciol
*Artist

I've taken some renewed interest in this show. Since the last post here, early in 2011 A-Flux and Lunar put out a bigger and better torrent of the work they did between 2003 and 2007 from 1-39. This was at the same time that Wasurenai's work on the final episodes 40-52 also came out.

The "Pure" sequel http://animesuki.com/series.php/464.html does not link to a forum thread, and currently no threads specifically about it exist, so hopefully we can discuss both series here. I have episodes 1-7 that Naisho finished in 2005. Haven't actually watched them yet since I realized this was a sequel (hasn't been the first time, made same mistake with Sisters of Wellber Zwei, German numbers...).

It seems that episodes 1-7 were picked up by the combination of WSRN and Licca and done earlier this September. They seem to have stopped there, not sure why. Perhaps these were the only raws that could be located? Pure 8-39 remains absent I guess.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 17:55   Link #211
Inori Yuzuriha
EGOIST

Oh my, I remember how much I liked the show some years ago, when only a few episodes were subbed online. But after watching it fully, I was disappointed a little.

The first season is 52-episodes while it could have completed in 26-30. I couldn't stand some very random episodes, it was feeling so much like Pretty Cure at times. And some characters weren't developed.

However Pure was better. Less episodes, more interesting plot twists. But I was annoyed at the fact that,
Spoiler:

For me, Sara and Rina had the best personality.

As for the manga, it was so bad and rushed. However, it was nice to see that the author developed the supporting mermaids better, because it didn't happen in the anime.
Inori Yuzuriha is offline   Reply With Quote