Old 2010-05-19, 19:28   Link #5021
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Was talking about this statement:

Didn't realize it was yours.
Well, I did add "could" in there.

As for the model number of the GN Flag, I think it's highly unlikely it'll have a GN-X designation. After all, these MS transform, and previous transforming MS were noted as being "variable" or "super variable". To me, it seems like a high probability that name will return.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 20:04   Link #5022
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Maybe, but SVMS is also a Union designation. So they may be reluctant to place that one as well or something that vaguely represents that. They may probably come out with a new one altogether thats very different, possibly.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:10   Link #5023
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Union Designation, followed by a new Union MS, made from one built by the Union, seems like a nobrainer to me.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:21   Link #5024
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Well, its certainly not impossible. The problem that may usually come with this is a neutrality problem that the other non-Union nations may have with having a Union model number, especially since the blocs were really intense rivals. Since the mobile suits also serve as a blocs symbol of sovereignty and power.

I mean the physical resemblance and all would be an irk to any former rival bloc, but one can always argue physical engineering practicality in this case. Billy was quite irked with the Ahead being one of the next mainstay MS, because it was using HRL engineering philosophies and designs [the Masurao was his revenge so to speak, even placed a Union symbol unto the backpack]. But with names and designations is something that can always be neutralized for the sake of a global government.

The Ahead for example, was built by a a HRL engineering design [specifically based on the Tieren All Region Type] and from a HRL team with some influences taken from the GN-X for the GN technology implementation, And it incorporated a bloc neutral model number as well as a bloc neutral name.

Of course, for the record I'm actually not against or for the idea. I'm just offering some possible problems if that was indeed the case. Not in the same way I was acting in the, nanomachine idea. There are good points in this idea too and its certainly quite plausible. [just saying before somebody accuses me of resisting pretty much any idea that anybody throws out.........>__>]
Old 2010-05-19, 20:23   Link #5025
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I know I just wouldn't want the GN-X title for the new Flags, since they are entirely unrelated to them, in design and origins.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:43   Link #5026
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

That is true, it does feel a bit out of place. I'm not exactly comfortable with it either.

But an interestingly fun fact is, that pretty much all mass produced Full-GN Federation suits do actually start with the GN-X designation followed by something.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:10   Link #5027
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'm expecting the new GN-Flag units to have the GNX designation. After all, they are not, as most commonly believed, developed straight from the GN-Flag, but from the Masurao and Susanowo--both of which had the GNX designation, just as the Ahead did.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:41   Link #5028
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, while the Masurao did have the GN-X model number, it did have a U in there too. I can only assume it means Union.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a more throwbackish Union Flag model number.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna call something "Jinx Flag".
Old 2010-05-19, 21:51   Link #5029
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Well, while the Masurao did have the GN-X model number, it did have a U in there too. I can only assume it means Union.

I'm guessing "GNX-9??" Since i really has to carry the similar ID as Susanowo. Probably sine it will be scale back Im pointing the number will 912.

But does anyone know the letter they us for transforming mechs?
\
Old 2010-05-19, 22:09   Link #5030
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, for the Gundams, there isn't anything in the model number that shows it transforms.

However for all Union MS, they are designated as "V/SVMS". Which means Variable Mobile Suit, or Super Variable Mobile Suit.

Only the Union does it for its MS though. The AEU doesn't.
Old 2010-05-19, 22:24   Link #5031
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

lol, GN-X Flag.

Of course, the Masurao have the U in there, but the Susanowo does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
I'm guessing "GNX-9??" Since i really has to carry the similar ID as Susanowo. Probably sine it will be scale back Im pointing the number will 912.

But does anyone know the letter they us for transforming mechs?
\
Not necessarily, Susanowo's designation was a total departure from the Masurao and they didn't even have to wait 2 years for that.

But GNX-???? may be a reasonable assumption because it seems to be the core designation for any mass produced Federation MS. But to tell the truth we really cannot predict this other than blindly guessing.

But like most mass produced Federation GNMS, it will probably have a letter somewhere after the dash [-].

And as mentioned, there isn't a specific number that is used to denote a transforming mech. SVMS of the Union is probably the one that comes close but the AEU does not use it even if all their MS are variable as well.

But as in real life, Y is usually used to designate a prototype or an experimental model.
Old 2010-05-20, 18:51   Link #5032
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I have a theory about Raphael, I think the backpack doubles as an Armor and the currently visible body is the smaller variant like Seraphim and Nadleeh.
Old 2010-05-20, 19:42   Link #5033
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Raphael's main body does look like it may fall closer to the Nadleeh type, not to mention the Plutone-like rifle that it carries. And all of it's firepower does seem to come from it's backpack. I've actually had similar thoughts as well although Im not necessarily sure how probable it will be the case but it sure would be cool to have it transform into something for once, since we already have purging and splitting done.

Looking back though, Raphael is a bit similar to Eins in where it's weapons are distributed. It's main heavy weapons are mounted and used from the back position while the main hand carries a lighter power rifle. My guess is that the more normal body is to allow it better general purpose capabilities while concentrating most of it's damage dealing arsenal at te back. Almost seems like a reverse hybrid archetype the previous Virtue Nadleeh, where the main public form is heavy weapons while the secret form is more general purpose. At least in this current known form looks like it's a hybrid between the usual Virtue/Nadleeh archetypes. Of course this analysis is based only on what we have seen with the first form, the second form is still a complete mystery at this point in time.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-05-20 at 19:53.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 19:45   Link #5034
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I find thinking that the Raphael's main body to be the "smaller" to be flawed. We should remember that its made from GNZ technology, and the Garazzo was able to physically overpower the Seravee, their largest and likely physically strongest Gundam, in a contest of strength. To me it really makes sense that there's no armor gaining or armor purging for this mobile suit.
Old 2010-05-20, 19:59   Link #5035
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, no doubt it'll be quite the powerful mobile suit as is physically.

But...when you add a bunch of armor and more weapons...you get stronger. I always saw the Raphael Gundam doing a reverse Virtue/Nadleeh thing anyway. So I'm somewhat expecting that.
Old 2010-05-20, 21:15   Link #5036
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Guys trust me: The Backpack gonna turn into a Giant Cannon

UNFATHOMABLEUNFATHOMABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, One thing that stays out is if Raphael is still gonna have its "GN Field" ability. If so, I would like the backpack to have two forms:
1. Being able to become its own MS. with the help of VEDA Seravee/Seraphim combo would be lethal.
2. The Backpack is Armor. It is quite weird that most of its firepower is built on to the backpack even with using a GNZ model. Why wouldn't they built it INTO on purple MS?? Instead, lets connect it on the back like a top hat..........

you know what lets just go with one
Old 2010-05-21, 00:33   Link #5037
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I find thinking that the Raphael's main body to be the "smaller" to be flawed. We should remember that its made from GNZ technology, and the Garazzo was able to physically overpower the Seravee, their largest and likely physically strongest Gundam, in a contest of strength. To me it really makes sense that there's no armor gaining or armor purging for this mobile suit.
What I meant by smaller is the archetype. In the sense that the Raphael's main body without the backpack and the rifle resembles the Nadleeh archetype visually more than it does the Virtue. But despite having this appearence keeps sort of like a hybrid of the both the Virtue and Nadleeh archetypes by having a thin main body with the lesser powerful rifle but having the heavy weapons element intact with the backpack and it's large firepower. [based on what little we have seen so far]. But of course it still acts alot like Virtue.

The Armor gaining is a seperate speculation of which a possible way that they may possibly utilise the 2nd form differently this time around, but of course it could be anything else too since we know little at this point.
Old 2010-05-21, 23:45   Link #5038
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Even stronger than 00 Raiser?

Anyhow, the immense amount of equipment on the back of Raphael makes me believe that it's going to do a reverse-seraphim, or turn into something like Reborns Gundam.
Old 2010-05-21, 23:50   Link #5039
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

He said "physically" their strongest Gundam.

The 00 Raiser is the strongest in terms of like output and what not.
Old 2010-05-22, 02:29   Link #5040
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Let's do this...

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/...ma-design.html

The MA has a model number that basically combines the Empruss' and Regnant's. Interesting...

Need translations on the name!!!! D:

Tags
gundam 00 movie