AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 14:21   Link #2201
tsunade666

good pacing? it's already beyond help that I don't understand most of it already.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 16:29   Link #2202
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
good pacing? it's already beyond help that I don't understand most of it already.
and that's daimaou for you! super-(FTL)-fast pace, panstu everywhere you can lay your eyes on, garness, GIRLS, nudity (unc. version), magic, tecnology, monsters, and recently time-travel and terminator cameo too. uh, oh yeah, there's a story too, a plot, but lol I'd say who cares... just gimme tha GIRLS, tha pantsu, and awesome badass fights... god, I love this show, especially last eps, yeah I know they were rushed and sometimes they didn't immediatly make sense, still lots of questions without answer... but it's cool anyway.
Now, I just can't wait for ep 12, and obviously dvd/bd specials.
Old 2010-06-13, 20:06   Link #2203
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Quote:

I meant in comparison to the earlier eps. Atleast you kinda saw what was going on here.
Old 2010-06-14, 01:47   Link #2204
Lady Orihime

Site updated with final shots:

Spoiler for For episode 12:

Quote:
well look at Sai. They love to show his body for a couple of episodes already. But for long as I remember in the opening show he had those bad arse coat. What happen to the coat? if I remember it right. That coat is a present from his step father. But it mysteriously disappear or rather his not using it anymore. I prefer the coat though than seeing his naked abs body all the time.

if it's just uniform their is fujiko with always wearing cape. And the student council being a student council had their own preference of clothes.
Like I said, those are accessories, which aren't part of the standard dress code. They all are wearing the white top, blue skirt, red bow, black stockings, and brown penny loafers...but Keena's is the only one with the cross on her top. Unlike removing a cape or coat, you have to take a lot of time to remove the stitching from Keena's top, and vice versa (easy to put on a coat or cape, but a lot of time to stitch the cross)

mangatron's explanation sounds pretty reasonable, though.
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 02:09   Link #2205
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Site updated with final shots:
Hmm does this mean these 2... nvm

Quote:
Like I said, those are accessories, which aren't part of the standard dress code. They all are wearing the white top, blue skirt, red bow, black stockings, and brown penny loafers...but Keena's is the only one with the cross on her top. Unlike removing a cape or coat, you have to take a lot of time to remove the stitching from Keena's top, and vice versa (easy to put on a coat or cape, but a lot of time to stitch the cross)

mangatron's explanation sounds pretty reasonable, though.
Yeah, the other girls are wearing the same thing, and then some, but Keena is wearing something entirely different with that cross. Even if we think her anti-oil spill cover (I wonder who else knows what I mean) is unique, that could have simply been added, but not the cross.

So to add to the hilarity, what if Bouchizo lost his mind after all these failures, and he says to Keena "didn't I embroider that cross on your uniform?"

Oh man I hope that dove gets some screentime. Maybe now Keena won't have anywhere to go if Sai asks her again if she is the one of his past.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 02:32   Link #2206
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 10

Yeah I know about the GIFs being so behind and I know farming is keeping me busy but I will be short about my thoughts of this episode. Yeah the GIFs will be amazing once I get into it soon enough. Anyways Yuuko time was really nice in this episode and how I at her smile here =>

but also her pose here=>
Spoiler:
also her monster slashing was like someone loving to butcher. Yamato at this part=>
Spoiler:
had a nice reaction of me like the most amazing thing that got featured in this episode. Etou here=>
Spoiler:
anyone like me being like this: at that? This was a nice intermission too of Junko=>
Spoiler:
Overall it is 10/10.......especially Miwa's sudden Anti-Demon Lord mode and his fight with Sai/Peterhaussen although short and big ship.....that was a nice add.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 15:48   Link #2207
Pong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
I wonder what he actually said in japanese. Maybe it was something along the lines of "I'll pay more attention to you from now on" instead? Well, it might be simple denial seeing as I'm totally in favor of Keena. ^^

I think it was a call back to episode 1 when Junko grandma asked Sai to "take care of her" .

And if I remember correctly "I'll take care of you" is one of those Japanese stock phrases that have strictly codified meaning and is always meant romantically. Similarly to "I'll protect you"

Quote:
I am having quite a hard time figuring out who is gonna end up with him anyway, which so far has only happened once with Shuffle. It doesn't help that Keena is strangely absent for most of the opening (especially the last shot) but completely dominates the ending.

Heh one thing I learned is that while you can learn something about a series from opening trying to do the same from ending is pointless. Just check out Needles if you need proof

Quote:
Based on the events so far and my usual feeling I'm still sure Keena is winning but Junko comes dangerously and unusually close.

I don't know, Sai and Keena relations always seemed purely friendly to me. They never had how to say it "romantic tension" between them. They are important to each other but rather as friends than anything else.

Keena is mostly important to plot as a walking Mcguffin.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 17:38   Link #2208
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
So due to exams literally being less than a week away and most of my free time spent watching World Cup matches, it seems that I missed at least three pages of discussion here...I skimmed it, but there doesn't seem to be an ongoing topic going on (there's talk about screenplay here, Lilly's chest there, and the usual speculating time with Eikotron). Don't have time to think and write long-ass theories so I'll just wait and see 'til next Friday.

And about the last episode, I'm not expecting an end to the romantic entanglements (that's asking too much for a harem anime, all I ask is an official declaration of the girls to be part of Akuto's harem). I wonder how they will answer all the question in just one episode, hope they'll at least answer the important ones leaving the rest to be answered in the future.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 21:34   Link #2209
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
So due to exams literally being less than a week away and most of my free time spent watching World Cup matches, it seems that I missed at least three pages of discussion here...I skimmed it, but there doesn't seem to be an ongoing topic going on (there's talk about screenplay here, Lilly's chest there, and the usual speculating time with Eikotron). Don't have time to think and write long-ass theories so I'll just wait and see 'til next Friday.
Heh figured the World Cup has your attention But as for me, I'm just spending time not accepting the part where Bouchi spent his past zillion of years trying to save those Law's of his and failing every time. Sure, I can accept Terminator Keizou (was starting to think Korone was getting lonely in the non-human department), I, as well as no one else, can't figure out the headmaster bouncing from one scene to the next. So, while I've got my head in E3 again (it's been 6 years since my last assistance to that, and I haven't been this excited since), as well as research and hopefully some free time left to a couple of 4koma's before series end, I too am thinking of just waiting and seeing. Well, that and... I guess my Eiko will have no more appearances, ja? by the way the Lily chest discussion was funny, because it had some valid sense both ways

Quote:
And about the last episode, I'm not expecting an end to the romantic entanglements (that's asking too much for a harem anime, all I ask is an official declaration of the girls to be part of Akuto's harem). I wonder how they will answer all the question in just one episode, hope they'll at least answer the important ones leaving the rest to be answered in the future.
This last episode will be a strange one. 1, they'll need to address Bouchizo's desire to control the gods, 2, they'll need to explain Keena to some extent at least, 3, they'll need to have some God-time in here, 4, Brave versus Maou would be embarrassing if done too short, and 5, have at least some time for the rest of the cast.

Knowing the pace so far, maaaaaaybe those above points would be done good. How funny it would be if Lily ends the series by stealing another kiss from Sai
Old 2010-06-15, 01:03   Link #2210
Lady Orihime

Friend of mine (sheetz) translated the summary of episode 12 for meh:

Spoiler for for episode 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
And if I remember correctly "I'll take care of you" is one of those Japanese stock phrases that have strictly codified meaning and is always meant romantically. Similarly to "I'll protect you"
Really? Hmmm...because Akuto said this to Keena in episode 8:

Quote:
I don't plan on taking away your freedom, either. And if anyone ever tried to do that, I would protect you, no matter what. (boku ga zettai ni mamotte aru) I promise.

Quote:
I don't know, Sai and Keena relations always seemed purely friendly to me. They never had how to say it "romantic tension" between them. They are important to each other but rather as friends than anything else.
Did you not watch episodes 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11?

Last edited by Lady Orihime; 2010-06-15 at 01:14.
Old 2010-06-15, 01:11   Link #2211
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, I think that's more or less what is up with Bouchi, but I'm still puzzled by the whole time travel aspect. If he can time travel, then why not try to go back in time (or forward if he's from the future-- this is confusing) to save his beloved blond Keena? And you know, this whole thing about Akuto and Keena somehow being "reincarnated" and falling in love all the time reminds me of Xenogears. Bouchi = Grahf? He even grants power to Heroshi!

... I think it's just my Xenogears fanboyism speaking.
Hey glad to see another xenogears fanboy here!, bouchi can only hope to be grahf, he aint as strong and wicked as grahf

Yea same here, i also have that "wait this kinda seems like xenogears" with the way akuto and keena seems to be reincarnating again and again

..... i need to play that game again, one of the best ever storyline
Old 2010-06-15, 01:29   Link #2212
OkamiNoKaze

Watched episode 10, It did as others have said, had a bit of hectic pace. But I still rather liked it. Liked the little moment between Sai, and Junko.
Old 2010-06-15, 03:47   Link #2213
Pong

Quote:

Quote:
I don't plan on taking away your freedom, either. And if anyone ever tried to do that, I would protect you, no matter what. (boku ga zettai ni mamotte aru) I promise.
OK here we have it. All the proof I need. We were both wrong man. Sai isn't gonna end with Keena or Junko, He's gonna end with Keena and Junko .

How foolish of us to assume he will limit himself to just one woman. He is maou after all.

So threesome for the win.

BTW Do you guys think there will be second season? Since the novels aren't all covered i think it will depend on how good it does.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 04:55   Link #2214
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Spoiler for for episode 12:
It looks cool, but what happened to Brave? lolz, don't tell me he'll be dealt with in secs

Quote:
How foolish of us to assume he will limit himself to just one woman. He is maou after all.

So harem for the win.
fix'd

Quote:
BTW Do you guys think there will be second season? Since the novels aren't all covered i think it will depend on how good it does.
I just hope it'll get a S2! actually there are 9 light novels volumes out, and this series covered up to vol.5 (if i'm not wrong); so, when vol. 10 will be out, they can easily green-lit a s2 covering vol. 6-10, and make it super-FTL-fast-paced(-DaimaouStyle) like this one.
Old 2010-06-15, 06:02   Link #2215
mangatron

phone post

I told you I had that feeling Brave is going to bite the dust quick

Quote:
Quote:
OK here we have it. All the proof I need. We were both wrong man. Sai isn't gonna end with Keena or Junko, He's gonna end with Keena and Junko.
Whew, I thought I was the only one who remembered previous eps. Just when I decide to stop talking to myself here it bites me in the... pinky toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
...so, when vol. 10 will be out, they can easily green-lit a s2 covering vol. 6-10, and make it super-FTL-fast-paced(-DaimaouStyle) like this one.
Except when a different writer "dials" in an unscheduled story development, the "ship" will drop out of FTL

Seeing as how the end of SGU Season 1 ended up, dropping out of FTL = vewy, vewy baaad
Old 2010-06-15, 06:49   Link #2216
eiyuu99

Akuto doesn't have to end up with just "threesome". He is Maou after all.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 08:05   Link #2217
Lady Orihime

Quote:
OK here we have it. All the proof I need. We were both wrong man. Sai isn't gonna end with Keena or Junko, He's gonna end with Keena and Junko .

So threesome for the win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Quote:
So harem for the win.

fix'd
I agree with both of these

OT3 or OTH FTW!
Old 2010-06-15, 10:05   Link #2218
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Except when a different writer "dials" in an unscheduled story development, the "ship" will drop out of FTL

Seeing as how the end of SGU Season 1 ended up, dropping out of FTL = vewy, vewy baaad
Yeah, from the start I'm already rooting for OTH, so I hope that's how it's going to end. Oh, and what exactly is FTL the acronym of? For the Lose? And mind reminding me again what SGU means exactly? Okay, halftime's over, I'm going back to watch Portugal vs Cote d'Ivoire...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 10:39   Link #2219
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Oh, and what exactly is FTL the acronym of? For the Lose? And mind reminding me again what SGU means exactly?
lol, I thought most of you got my/mangatron's joke. Anyway, here -> http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/F.T.L.

I just recently marathoned SGU [stargate universe], since s1 ended, lolz... that's why the term "FTL" is still echoing through my head.
btw, I think it's appropriate for DaiMaou, lol... faster-than-light-pace... oh, but, then, we shouldn't have been able to see it.... or is that what really happened? we saw something happening and passing by, but it was too fast to get a full understanding about it. XD
Old 2010-06-16, 07:09   Link #2220
eiyuu99

Strangely, why doesn't the suit get mass produced? Too expensive?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen