AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-06-13, 12:25   Link #7941
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Whats significant in that pic is that it shows that the hatch open at an angle the inner thruster clearly emitting particles, confirming the thruster. In S2.13 it was just a white spot that was barely glowing.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:47   Link #7942
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Doesn't matter, it was still there.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 13:39   Link #7943
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It matters, because of the short nature of the scene and the image distorted by the particles and one of them was not even glowing so its hard to determine it back then based on that. In fact, the art pic showed three thrusters on the sole quite clearly. The anime in S2.13 only showed 2, and one was not even glowing. Nor are the sophisticated vent covers present in the anime. If the art pic never showed up, it would have been very hard to argue that those were thrusters from the S2.13 alone, because of the large amount of particles covering the screen even the glowing circle can be argued as a normal white, and the non glowing one does appear to be just that. The art pic on the other hand gives us a good shot at the 3 vent covers on each sole and particles coming out of that and it never showered 00R with particles within the screen.

And we also got a nice shot of a lot of the thrusters on 0 Raiser as well, individually and not be distorted by the large amount of particles being emitted and the soles thrusters was not as clear as when the GN-X soles were being showed to us.

This is not to say that the anime didn't do well portraying it since we're comparing it to a still art where quality can be maximized but it would have been hard to confirm the thrusters of it was not for the much clearer artwork that appeared much much later. They even look very different just staring at them now comparatively.
Old 2010-06-16, 04:18   Link #7944
solidvanz
Special Operative

The cruel fate of Kyrios aka war prisoner abuse :

From 4chan:
http://www.yomban.jp/works/gundam/gundam09_01_.html
Someone with better moon reading can explain better but it seems Kyrios lost its limbs in the Fallen Angels battle, and after captured the Feds experiment with it using GN-X hands & legs. But something about inability to connect due to pseudo GN particle and true GN particle code.. I'm not sure.
Old 2010-06-16, 04:25   Link #7945
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nice to know that Celestial Being still got the last laugh despite the Kyrios' capture.
Old 2010-06-16, 08:55   Link #7946
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinhanderAstreaMk.I
According to very rough translations from 4Chan, the HRL attempted to experiment with the Kyrios, utilizing a Tieren arm, GN-X hand, and a Tau drive.

However, the experiment failed, as the Kyrios was not designed to utilize a Tau drive, and the transmission system was inefficient. Something about how the GN particle transmission system could not transfer the particles all the way into the extremities.

The poster mentions that it's possibly either because the Kyrios' particle transmission was built into the arm itself, and/or because using a Tieren arm, a few ineffecient transfer tubes, and a GN-X hand simply wasn't the brightest of ideas.

Another states that it's the opposite; the 3rd Gens used cabling while the GN-X/Thrones just had an open "circulatory system", where the GN-T particles merely filled up the machines without much cabling to distribute them to specific areas.

:X

Quote:
-discusses Krios' story until its end in Fallen Angles VS GNX, with its GN Drive being ejected while it and its meister being captured

>>Yanase
discusses what happened to Kyrios where it was caaptured and experimented by the Human Reform League. The arm being attached is from a Tieren with something being mentioned about the Ahead (possibly the expt results were used for dev't the Ahead MS).

>>Mizushima:
-Mizushima remarks about the GNX hand parts being attached along with it's launch scene (not really sure but it appears the end result would be a Gundam core, the arm is a Tieren while the hand is from a GNX)

>>Yanase:
-Yanase discusses about the result of the Gundam -> Tieren Arm -> GNX Hand test result. Last part of the paragraph discusses the GN Particle supply from the Tau Drive can't reach the extremities due to problems with the cord transmitting the GN Particles (can't reach?). (Most likely Kyrios particle distribution was imbedded into the arm's frame while GNX uses a wire/pipe for transmitting particles OR using a Tieren arm forces them to rely on a pipe based distribution which is inefficient)

I'm one of those who have speculated in the past about the possibility of Original GN machines having some trouble functioning with Tau ones without any sort of heavy modifications. I guess it seems this would be the first time we've seen something official being mentioned of that nature, so maybe that speculation was true afterall.

Then again, it did say that there was some problems with the cords which is something unique to the CB's 3rd Gen. The Thrones/GN-X; and later CB's 3.5 Generation all use a direct body particles transfusion, so I wonder if its the Tau Drive in combo with the cords or the cords alone.............

Upon observations, I'm beginning to wonder if the rumors that the Kyrios data was used to helped make the Ahead is semi true. The HRL was the one that was in charge with developing the Ahead and they've based it on their Tieren All Region design. The Ahead was based on the GN-X and Tieren All Region...............and we have these parts that was being experimented on.

Probably not, but I guess they've tried to experiment with it regardless. Nice to finally know what happened to Kyrios
Old 2010-06-16, 13:35   Link #7947
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The CB Gundams can't be topographically sectioned as well. That was probably another reason it was hard to experiment with.
Old 2010-06-16, 17:25   Link #7948
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Actually, that may apply to the Tau Drive MS as well since we've never actually seen them being scanned with a normal sensor.

That shouldn't be much of a problem after the United Nations get ther updated technology though, everything that relates to GN Particles usage including communications, sensors etc. They shouldn't have much of a problem after the technology leak and the Kyrios scan was done prior to that.
Old 2010-06-16, 20:40   Link #7949
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nice to know that Celestial Being still got the last laugh despite the Kyrios' capture.
That's what 200 years of pre-planning will do.
Old 2010-06-16, 22:12   Link #7950
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, I was thinking, given the how the GNCA works, with layers of small GN Fields, would that explain why the Aheads and GN-XIIIs bit so much dust in S2 ep 22?
Old 2010-06-16, 23:09   Link #7951
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, I was thinking, given the how the GNCA works, with layers of small GN Fields, would that explain why the Aheads and GN-XIIIs bit so much dust in S2 ep 22?
It may to a certain extent, even Seravee's GN Field got owned a bit easily in that one. Sumeragi also noted the use of Katharon's weapons, my guess is that they've used riskier and heavier weapons because they know of the Anti Field which would make them not in danger to beams and they also know that the GNMS defences would be slightly lowered somewhat.

I'm guessing that the internal GN Field would suffer less from the external one, but a suffered defence is still a suffered defence. Not to mention, Katharon had ship weapons, and you never know what advanced tech the Coup Faction may have given them as well.

It doesnt totally dissapear though, Cherudim's Shield Bits managed to block a GN-X III's Lance. It could also work on a size-related issues, the larger Fields suffer more reduction than the smaller ones. Even though large beams are unusable, small beams such as the GN Vucal located on Arios's GN Cannon.
Old 2010-06-16, 23:15   Link #7952
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Now this conversation's been done before. Wasn't it theorized that the Ahead and the GN-XIII might have weaker armor compared to the Gundams due to the different GN-Particles?
Old 2010-06-17, 00:31   Link #7953
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That's probably the most likely explanation, given they're mass produced units. But, with the newer explanation on how the GNCA works with layers of GN Fields in the metal, it is possible that the anti-field could of played a role .
Old 2010-06-17, 01:17   Link #7954
fizzmaister
The Tall One

There are many possible reasons the GNX series have weaker armor (especially in the anti-field). The MP suits could have less layers in the armor (PfPfPfP, in the Gundams, PfP, in the MP suits). For this reason the first field may suffer a lot compared to the inner fields, but if the MP suits only have one, a big chunk of their defense is gone. Also, red and orange particles are optimized for beam potency, this comes at the cost of compressibility, and maybe GN field strength as well.
Old 2010-06-24, 18:30   Link #7955
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Spoiler for HG Avalanche Exia' manual:

Anybody wants to give it a shot, go ahead.

Avalanche ' looks super cool.

From what I've been getting from exploring around:

-High Mobility Mode is a new mode that gives it the high mobility in all directions instead of just one direction.

-High Speed Mode is probably self explanatory.

-Is the precursor of the GN Arms.

-Weight is increased, cannot make out the number though. But its either 66 or 68 metric tons. The normal Avalanche was just 63.1 I believe.

-Used in the Meteor Night shower event that also featured Gundam Kyrios Gust.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-06-24 at 19:25.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:12   Link #7956
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Hmmm.......upon looking at the upcoming GN-X IV, I think it may actually be using the former Ahead's internal frame. I mean we all know the GN-X IV is based on the Ahead technology [among Innovator technology as well] and has a lot of Ahead traits but the actual body itself seems to resemble the Ahead, even the humanoid frame. [especially the broad shoulders]

My guess is that the cylindrical chest is actually the same chest that the Ahead possesses and keeps hidden, while the torso is simply a more exposed Ahead torso.

The Ahead also have GN-X and source so my guess is that its possible to use the engineering traits and roots in order re-intergrate the GN-X physical features again.

I also wonder about the significance of the V-Fins on the head. I mean there always has been an anti Gundam symbolism in the ESF not surprisingly but I wonder if the V-Fins is a symbol of acceptance by the new leaf and administration, if only slightly? I mean not only does the ESF have now accepted Aeolia's Plan and is now implementing it, it was the Gundams who helped them to fight against A-LAWS. I do not think think its a total acceptance even if its true but.........maybe just a slight appreciation maybe? Just maybe.

Not only that, the GN-X IV profile also said that the GN-X IV is said to be as strong as a Gundam now. Perhaps its also a symbol of strength, perhaps as even a half mocking/warning one too. The Gundams is also a symbol of strength due to them appearing with GN technology and literally owning everyone once upon a time. Maybe the V-Fin is a symbol of that, the ESF showing off that it now has matched the strength of a Gundam in a mass produced GNMS.

The Ahead was mentioned to look exactly like a 3rd Generation Gundam once the armor is taken off completely so if it does uses the Ahead's internal frame like I speculated, maybe the reverse is done here? Instead of trying to hide it with armor, its trying to use some of that resemblance directly. Of course it does not look much like a Gundam except the V-Fin but maybe just allowing that bit of resemblance.......as a symbol of strength that the GN-X have now reached and a symbol of slight appreciation of Aeolia's Gundams.

And maybe even a "thank you for all you've done but we'll take it from here" kinda of think too, since their implementing the Plan now and maybe in addition to a warning sort of like "this is now as strong as yours so be careful".

Maybe what I wrote above is wishful thinking and speculation but it does highlight the possible already complex relationship that CB has with the government. ESF probably does not like them and will stop them if they start something, but with people like Katharon [who did appreciate CB's actions] they've may be more grey and more forgiving/appretiative than they did before as opposed to the power blocs leaders who CB fought in the First Phase back in 2307-2308. Since even the Anti Federation factions that has since appeared with the ESF have been absorbed into the ESF government now.
Old 2010-06-27, 20:14   Link #7957
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Admittedly, I thought the GN-XIV would look a lot more streamlined. But at least its standing design isn't nearly as bad as the Ahead's.
Old 2010-06-27, 20:31   Link #7958
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Hmmm.......upon looking at the upcoming GN-X IV, I think it may actually be using the former Ahead's internal frame. I mean we all know the GN-X IV is based on the Ahead technology [among Innovator technology as well] and has a lot of Ahead traits but the actual body itself seems to resemble the Ahead, even the humanoid frame. [especially the broad shoulders]

My guess is that the cylindrical chest is actually the same chest that the Ahead possesses and keeps hidden, while the torso is simply a more exposed Ahead torso.

The Ahead also have GN-X and source so my guess is that its possible to use the engineering traits and roots in order re-intergrate the GN-X physical features again.
All of these would depend on how large the GN-XIV is. If you recall, the Ahead is significantly larger in physical bulk and height than any of the GN-X variants.

I find the supposition unlikely though. I can see the GN-XIV using technologies from the Ahead, but reusing the overall frame is somewhat of a stretch, given the somewhat slimmer physical proportions of the GN-XIV.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-27, 20:40   Link #7959
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
All of these would depend on how large the GN-XIV is. If you recall, the Ahead is significantly larger in physical bulk and height than any of the GN-X variants.

I find the supposition unlikely though. I can see the GN-XIV using technologies from the Ahead, but reusing the overall frame is somewhat of a stretch, given the somewhat slimmer physical proportions of the GN-XIV.
While the GN-X IV is a lot slimmer, the Ahead was heavily armored. Tremendously heavily armored actually. I'm suggesting that only the internal frame is used and the internal frame given that the Ahead was purposely done to conceal its more Gundamy look, would probably be a lot slimmer than the Ahead itself once alot of the conceal armor is taken out; in addition to certain mechanical "flesh" that is part of the Ahead would produce a thin frame.

My guess is that only this frame is taken, then add in newly designed mechanical flesh and with an overall less armored/covered exterior may form the GN-X IV.

Height would be important in the possible realization of this theory of course, but I do not think this is a GN-X in the conventional sense. I just think it was designed to look like one and has a lot of its traits, appearance wise. So this GN-X being as tall as the Ahead is not out of the question [although yet to be seen], especially if everything indicates this as a "next gen" unit so it may fall out of the supposition of the GN-X One and its variants [Advanced, II, III, Superbia,etc]. Does not mean that it has no links to them, because we know that the IV has links to the Superbia but it may be an evoloution, and height is always possible in that evoloution.

What I'm suggesting is that the GN-X IV takes the Ahead's frame, then take tech source developments from the Ahead, Innovator, Superbia, etc. A mash up of sorts.
Old 2010-06-27, 21:58   Link #7960
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

I can accept some parts of the frame being taken, but not the entire suit being a simple MG-esque rearmor of the Ahead frame, given that the legs and shoulder berth of the Ahead are definitely wider in relation to its body than the relatively compact GN-XIV. Hence the end result would likely look different than what we have with the GN-XIV. I'm more of the opinion that the GN-XIV is a buffed-up GN-X frame with Ahead-related tech improvements, rather than a simple Ahead rearmor.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote