081 - 090: Great... 34 26.36%
071 - 080: Very Good... 11 8.53%
061 - 070: Good... 6 4.65%
051 - 060: Average... 2 1.55%
041 - 050: Below Average... 2 1.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-25, 14:22   Link #121
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Hanabi didn't get a curse seal.
Branch house members only get the curse seal when the main house heir/heirness turns 3. Neji got it when Hinata turned 3. So in theory Hanabi might get hers when Hinata's child reaches 3. Or Hanabi and her children will always be considered to be in the main house. Also, at this point, Hiashi knows Hinata isn't cut out to be the head of the clan. He's been training Hanabi for that position since she could kick Hinata's butt out of the womb. So she has to be main house.

So why does Hanabi get to be main house and Neji's dad be branch house even though they should both be main house? Maybe the Hyuuga have special rules about twins. First one gets to be main and the other branch. Really who knows?

The Hyuuga family is really messed up. No wonder Neji was always pissed.
Old 2010-06-25, 14:22   Link #122
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
How long was Naruto training with the frog? It couldn't have been over a month could it?
1 week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
As for Neji's father, that made no sense. Why couldn't Hizashi just be a main house member? Hiashi being born before him would settle who was the eventual clan head, but why did he get bumped to being a branch house member? Hanabi didn't get a curse seal. I mean Harry didn't get demoted to being a non-royal because he was born after William. I guess Kishi wanted to create the conflict.
Probably because they weren't just brothers but twins.
The line of succession was unclear which could create problems later so the former heir of the main family decided that Hizachi and his descendant would become member of the branch family.
It's not the case for Hanabi and Hinata and thus there is no reason for Hanabi to be rejected in the branch family.

Quote:
But seriously, I am sure Sakura has her reasons for not running out there. Like she values her life. I mean Naruto is an okay guy, but he is not worth getting killed over. Now Sasuke...
She probably has a bit of common sense (which sounds like a plothole I know). What's the point to get killed when she has no chance whatsoever to accomplish anything.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 14:50   Link #123
Danish78
Thread Lurker

Erm... So if the flashbacks in the episode are filler material then is it safe to assume Hinata/Hanabi's mother doesn't look like Mikoto Uchiha?

Good episode btw. Just not happy about Hinata being suicidal for Naruto.
Danish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 14:56   Link #124
james0246

^Yeah, we don't know much (actually, we know next to nothing) about Hanabi's mother. Hell, we do not even know if she is alive or dead. I tend to believe she is dead, if only because she is supposed to be good-natured (like Hinata), and I doubt she would let her husband treat Hinata as bad as he did. Then again, she could just be a bitch...

btw, she wasn't suicidal for Naruto, she was standing up for her beliefs and convictions (unlike that evil Sakura just lounging around waiting for Naruto to die...).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:05   Link #125
Danish78
Thread Lurker

IDK.... been passing time re-watching Naruto and got the impression that Hinata basically killed herself in the chunin exams just to show off her nindo and then here in Shippuuden she does it again..... Now that's kinda sick/twisted ain't it?
Danish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:05   Link #126
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^....Then again, she could just be a bitch...
Tonight from Konoha TV, Jerry Springer with a new topic: My Dad is a prick and my mother’s a bitch…the daily life of a lonely Hyuga!

Next week, I have a demon inside me and he doesnt give me privacy.....!!

Either way, Pain will see now the wrath of a million Hinata fans, including myself!
Old 2010-06-25, 15:45   Link #127
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He died preserving information, same way Jiraiya died. On the matter of his life, Naruto mentioned feeling everyone's chakras in sage mode but he couldn't feel Kakashi's, and in Naruto, no chakra=death. That, and he saw his dead friends and talked to his dead father :P
Yea... But Jiraiya went out in epic fashion. Kakashi went out in pretty lame/quick fight. And gave his life for the worst character in the anime when he should have just played dead. Again... Asuma's death was way better then Kakashi imo. Which is a shame because Kakashi is a much bigger character in the anime.

Quote:
Sage training requires a great deal of focus and is incredibly dangerous. Had Naruto tried back then, he could have been petrified pretty fast.
And unleashing Kyubi and going 4 tails is safe?

Quote:
His taijutsu kicks ass without even touching, his chakra turns people to stone and he can throw a huge revolving mass of chakra that expands like a black hole. Wouldn't really call it lame...
So essentially... He got stronger and faster... His chakra turning people to stone isn't really a move. His opponent has to have the unique ability of absorbing chakra. It's the same Naruto with frog eyes.

I realise Shonnen can get pretty far fetched and you shouldn't read too much into how things work and just enjoy it for what it is. But I think it's a stretch to assume that somehow Naruto managed to master this great technique that is extremely difficult AND surpass Jiraiya in power all within a weeks period.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 15:52   Link #128
james0246

Quote:
And unleashing Kyubi and going 4 tails is safe?
Blame Hinata !

Quote:
I realise Shonnen can get pretty far fetched and you shouldn't read too much into how things work and just enjoy it for what it is. But I think it's a stretch to assume that somehow Naruto managed to master this great technique that is extremely difficult AND surpass Jiraiya in power all within a weeks period.
Without the 2.5 years of training under Jiraiya, and the elemental training under Kakashi and Yamato (Naruto technically surpassed both of them in about a week), Naruto would not have been able to learn Senjutsu. The key component of Senjutsu training (besides knowing some Toads that will give you some their "special oil" ), is an extremely large reserve of chakra and very good control. Jiraiya's basic training gave Naruto the acess to the large reserve, and Kakashi's elemental training gave him the control necessary to complete the training.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:30   Link #129
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I think it's a pretty apt time to post this again.

Old 2010-06-25, 16:46   Link #130
Lumir

Poor hinata, I dont care if you did or did not like her. No one like her deserves to die like that. Naruto has lost control once again! Finally some kyubii action! Chakra cannon anyone? Yes!

Cant wait for next weeks ep.
Old 2010-06-25, 17:57   Link #131
BigGimp77

Quote:
Blame Hinata !
Haha The person I quoted was saying that Jiraiya couldn't train him to be a sage becuase it was dangerous... but Jiraiya trained him to turn into 4 tails Kyubii which is pretty dangerous in itself.

Quote:
Without the 2.5 years of training under Jiraiya, and the elemental training under Kakashi and Yamato (Naruto technically surpassed both of them in about a week), Naruto would not have been able to learn Senjutsu. The key component of Senjutsu training (besides knowing some Toads that will give you some their "special oil" ), is an extremely large reserve of chakra and very good control. Jiraiya's basic training gave Naruto the acess to the large reserve, and Kakashi's elemental training gave him the control necessary to complete the training.
Now see I can accept that... But a WEEK. A FREAKIN WEEK?!?! A technique that Jiraiya, a great ninja, with around 40ish years of experience with frog techniques, could not master. Naruto masters in a WEEK?!?!
Even with using three clones while training... thats three weeks experience...
Old 2010-06-25, 18:03   Link #132
james0246

^True learning such a drastic power-up (easily one of the most broken and hax techniques/modes in the series) in a week is a little silly, but Naruto is still the kid who learned the Kage Bushin in an hour and the Rasengan in a month (technically 5 weeks, but only crazies like Hunter keep count ). So, he does have a history of learning fast when he has to...
Old 2010-06-25, 18:04   Link #133
jsu718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I think it's a pretty apt time to post this again.

Shocking that the drawing quality in that youtube was better than in this episode
jsu718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 18:36   Link #134
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculan View Post
Qualitiy was awful, no shades and just looked terrible even worse then last few episodes :S Sound was awful aswell.....
But overall, what they added as filler material and how they interpreted the chapter and how they brought it to us and the text/lines was AWESOME.. just like the last chapter.. Latest 2 chapters have been much better except for the sound and graphics(I really miss the old tunes)..
quality was good, dunno what you were watching, this is same type of animation IIRC that they used for the Naruto vs. Sasuke fight in the Valley of the End.

sidenote: agree with the lack of Naruto's reaction to Hinata confessing her love kinda ruining the overall impact.

I think Naruto's Kyuubi explosion made more sense here than it did in the manga.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2010-06-25 at 18:56.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 19:10   Link #135
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I try to stay away from the Naruto thread, and I'm more of a fan of the manga then the anime especially after the the 100 epi filler slapping.

BUT this episode showed how an anime adaptation can do so much better then the manga. The reason why Hinata tried so hard was so well explained with a beautiful BGM, and it makes the reason for boya going X-bi so much more poignant. Sure it was probably the anis going a bit too much fanboi over Hinata, hell they took the piss out of them selves for it, but for me such great story telling. 10/10!!!!!!
Old 2010-06-25, 20:23   Link #136
BigGimp77

Quote:
^True learning such a drastic power-up (easily one of the most broken and hax techniques/modes in the series) in a week is a little silly, but Naruto is still the kid who learned the Kage Bushin in an hour and the Rasengan in a month (technically 5 weeks, but only crazies like Hunter keep count ). So, he does have a history of learning fast when he has to...
It reminds me of Bleach where
Spoiler for for those who dont watch bleach:

I enjoy most shonnen animes, but they do get a little silly at times.
Old 2010-06-25, 20:35   Link #137
Jerseykid

They keep surprising me with people that they kill off. Even if a damsel in distress was the only thing that could make naruto go kyuubi I couldn't believe they would kill off Hinata, she seemed so important to Naruto's future. Guess this kind of limits the Naruto pairings now

Oh and I totally bawled my eyes out.

Last edited by Jerseykid; 2010-06-25 at 21:09.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 20:47   Link #138
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
It's funny how the Shikamaru and Sasuke/Deidara episodes got so much praise for their animation. Yet this episode has many detractors despite it being handled by the same guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
She probably has a bit of common sense (which sounds like a plothole I know). What's the point to get killed when she has no chance whatsoever to accomplish anything.
True. She would be killed within seconds. Running out there is suicide. Pain was just toying with Hinata. But what's confusing is that none of the characters would attempt to free the only character that can fight Pain. They have Hyuuga and are connected through Katsuyu. So they should know Naruto's current situation. Even if they sacrificed a number of ninja in a plan to remove the charkra rods from Naruto, it would be worth it. Cause right now they are screwed.

I get what the ShikaIno team are doing, trying to find the source. That's productive. But the others? Oh wait, Team Gai just arrived. Pain is done for now. Here comes Tenten!
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 20:55   Link #139
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Bah, that's nothing compared to when Naruto learned to use the Kyubi chakra after 30m (and no it's not a typo).
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 21:10   Link #140
james0246

^Being thrown off a cliff can inspire you...Kills most, but inspires some...

Tags
weekly episode discussion