021 - 030: Very Bad... 3 1.82%
011 - 020: Awful... 10 6.06%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Medabots... 16 9.70%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-03, 15:42   Link #221
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Lol This episode was supposed to be a very serious matter...but the animation just made it a comedy -_- it was nice but really funny.
The second half of the episode was perfectly serious though. And it was executed so well that it's hard to think anyone would have something to complain about it. It totally enhanced the manga experience.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 15:47   Link #222
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Second half was the only saving grace of the episode, that's for sure. Thankfully they had run out of LSD by then.
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 16:07   Link #223
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Well, it's so funny how Pain is just hammered into the ground. I know that his bodies are corpses, but didn't Naruto kill other bodies of Pain with much less effort before?
Old 2010-07-03, 16:13   Link #224
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Yes, Pain cannot withstand that much beating, not even a chance. Probably even Orochimaru wouldn't be able to. It was a major blunder on studio's part.
Ultramarinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 16:51   Link #225
king12354

I liked this episode even though some parts seem inconsistent with what happened before. I forgive them for doing that in order to make it more entertaining and more epic battle.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 17:22   Link #226
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Lol This episode was supposed to be a very serious matter...but the animation just made it a comedy -_- it was nice but really funny.
Yeah the only things missing were a few random anvils falling from the sky and someone getting a pie in the face.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 17:42   Link #227
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well enough about the art and animation. I'm surprised none of the anime only viewers have commented on any of the actual content of the episode.

You know... Naruto did just about released the Kyuubi, and someone named the 4th hokage showed up at the end.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 17:42   Link #228
Jerseykid

It was an impact that should of killed any other person in the naruto world, even orochimaru needs to be able to spit new versions of himself out, he can't do that if he is a puddle of goo. The little white snake getting away somehow would of been fine. But at least there is an understanding that Orochimaru is master of regeneration/overcoming death and we can appreciate that.

Now I am willing to entertain the fact that pain is the only person who would of been able to withstand it but there needs to be some kind of precedent set or pre initiative taken or post effect that then is recuperated. The fact that he is a corpse(if he even is one) is really quite irrelevant, bone crushes, chakra rods break, skin tears regardless.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 17:46   Link #229
KaiokenAttack

It'd say it that way.

Plot 10/10
Ani 0/10

Does that make it a total 10/20 -> 5/10? -> 50% -> 41-50% -> below average?
Old 2010-07-03, 17:54   Link #230
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As always the ability of young characters to survive anything returns. Good news for Hinata she falls below the kill line so even a seemingly fatal attack can't really kill her. Not that I'm unhappy she survived it's just the double standard for young and older characters keeps on showing itself.

I wonder what that one body is made from since it took some insane hits and kept on going. It's not like all the attacks were deflected by that ability. I guess anyone else really didn't have a hope since nothing has been able to take that one down yet.

It really was at the very limit this time around. Naruto just about unsealed the Kyuubi which would have resulted in a massive disaster. It's almost a good thing for Pain since I doubt he would have been able to do much in his condition against a fully revived Kyuubi. Curious to see what we get from the 4th now that he's shown himself. Plus has he just been sitting around in there this entire time thinking that the other times Naruto lost himself weren't important? I assume this is a one time only kind of message saved for when Naruto was about to fully release the seal. It's just that it might have been handy to give him whatever information is coming a bit earlier.

It may be a style thing, but wow the animation was kind of tough to watch this time around. Maybe it's tough to keep things looking good while moving fast, but this probably won't be an episode I look back on as a great looking one. In the end visuals are a personal perspective kind of thing, but can understand those who thought it wasn't great at times. It was certainly fluid, but damn it looked pretty bad at times. I suppose it's tough for them to avoid this when you have insane levels of fighting that come from the Kyuubi-Naruto.

On the positive it appears Sakura's complaining got her a personal ED. Hopefully she doesn't have to get herself beaten half to death to pay for it .
Old 2010-07-03, 19:12   Link #231
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well enough about the art and animation. I'm surprised none of the anime only viewers have commented on any of the actual content of the episode.

You know... Naruto did just about released the Kyuubi, and someone named the 4th hokage showed up at the end.
I am only aware of like 1 person who isn't a manga reader here. Can't say I'm familiar enough with everyone though.
Old 2010-07-03, 19:20   Link #232
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Episode 26 was bleh. To me the best animated Naruto episode was the one where Shikamaru got emo over Asuma's death. I forget which number that was or who did it. But that one was beautiful and slower paced.
The episode you're thinking about is 82. Same animation supervisor than the ones that did 85: the battle of Hidan/Kakuzu vs Team Shikamaru. Also same person that did 166. It's actually quite funny to hear people say 85 was one of the worst episodes to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Enlighten them. Who is responsible for the STYLE then?
The team's supervisor Atsushi Wakabayashi, most likely. Though he can't be the only one drawing. He supervises a team of animators that work for Studio Pierrot. Looking at the style, it's about the same as episode 133 of part I. Meaning that if you did like the VotE fight between Naruto and Sasuke in part I, it's not the style you rued in this episode, it's the exaggeration of emotion and the facial features.

Now if that's not what you didn't like, then we should actually be discussing the content. Not the animation or its style.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 19:27   Link #233
Alchemist007
*Author

I disliked both, but I think the 'child fight' between Naruto and Sasuke was more forgivable. It just didn't seem quite as serious as this fight for what matters.
Old 2010-07-03, 19:37   Link #234
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Sasuke piledriving Naruto into solid rock was probably his best badass moment ever
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 21:33   Link #235
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
The episode you're thinking about is 82. Same animation supervisor than the ones that did 85: the battle of Hidan/Kakuzu vs Team Shikamaru. Also same person that did 166. It's actually quite funny to hear people say 85 was one of the worst episodes to date.

The team's supervisor Atsushi Wakabayashi, most likely. Though he can't be the only one drawing. He supervises a team of animators that work for Studio Pierrot. Looking at the style, it's about the same as episode 133 of part I. Meaning that if you did like the VotE fight between Naruto and Sasuke in part I, it's not the style you rued in this episode, it's the exaggeration of emotion and the facial features.

Now if that's not what you didn't like, then we should actually be discussing the content. Not the animation or its style.
Who did episode 143? Sasuke vs. Killer Bee.

That guy should do every single episode, bar-none.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 22:17   Link #236
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Who did episode 143? Sasuke vs. Killer Bee.

That guy should do every single episode, bar-none.
Gorou Sessha was the supervisor (in charge of the animation), and Atsushi Nigorikawa the director (in charge of the...directing).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 00:23   Link #237
BigGimp77

Minus the hammer thing I thought it was a REALLY good episode... I don't read the manga, so I don't know what was exactly filler or not. But as a fan (and critic) of the series I was very entertained.

The animation was solid, so I can excuse the lack of pristine art work. I think some of you guys are just nit picking. It wasn't perfect, but how often are you going to get this quality of animation in a TV series. I understood and agreed with many of the critics from the start of Naruto Shippuden because the animation and artwork were terrible. You have this large succesful anime franchise and they were nickel and dime-ing it. However, post Naruto/Oro fight, they have really stepped it up. It seems like some of you guys will NEVER EVER be satisfied...

The battle was epic, the music was great, the pace was good, the end of the episode left me wanting more...

My only complaint is that this should have been a double episode...
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 01:29   Link #238
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
Minus the hammer thing I thought it was a REALLY good episode... I don't read the manga, so I don't know what was exactly filler or not. But as a fan (and critic) of the series I was very entertained.

The animation was solid, so I can excuse the lack of pristine art work. I think some of you guys are just nit picking. It wasn't perfect, but how often are you going to get this quality of animation in a TV series. I understood and agreed with many of the critics from the start of Naruto Shippuden because the animation and artwork were terrible. You have this large succesful anime franchise and they were nickel and dime-ing it. However, post Naruto/Oro fight, they have really stepped it up. It seems like some of you guys will NEVER EVER be satisfied...

The battle was epic, the music was great, the pace was good, the end of the episode left me wanting more...

My only complaint is that this should have been a double episode...
you are right... people who dont like this episode are stupid.... they dont know what "Art" really is..... To be honest.... I kinda prefer this kind of animation for naruto!
Old 2010-07-04, 04:04   Link #239
Ze_

Ok the hammer scene was a little... derp but other then that i liked it. Tbh, who cares if you see a retarded face for .1 seconds during a high speed battle i doubt that should make an episode bat or not.
Although has mentioned, the hammer scene would be an awsome sig :]
Old 2010-07-04, 04:06   Link #240
herculan

itachi vs sasuke was a very good style imo..
Otherwise I never really disliked any of the NAruto episodes.. THe disliking started around shippuden with 1 or 2 episodes.. and then there came bee vs sasuke which i found awful :S They suddenly changed styles completely, simply watch the bit where sasuke bites karin... The background doesn't move and thebite I don'\t know..SImply bad quality.. and then the way pain looks when you get the close up in the pain vs kakashi fight.. OMG no shadows or anything simply lines only.. a 4 year old could do better... and now this :S adding crazy fight scenes which make pain incredibly strong.. Makes no sense at all.. and the thing I liked most about painwas the fact that he never lost his cool.. Always looking sharp never showing any emotions.. And in this episode he suddenly shows the most possible emotions ever... Crazy facial features..and then the fact that he got smashed by a rock and survived.. weird...
herculan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion