AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-14, 01:38   Link #21
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Hikasa and Hanazawa are also voiced on Seikon no Qwaser as Hana and Fumika respectively.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 23:37   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I associate Hikasa Youko with Hattori Junko in Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, even more than Hana in Seikon no Qwesar or Mio in K-On.

And I guess I like her best as herself in the Ichiban Ushiro radio show, where she shows me she is quite nuts, and can probably do S even better than M.

For me, Takagaki Ayahi is always a big attraction as a seiyuu. And even more now as a singer. She has a well-trained voice and did a pretty good job with a Kokia song a few months ago in a character single. I am eager to hear her debut single under her own name.

The staff is as interesting as the cast, but less certain: director Itou Tomohiko, while new to the job, directed episodes of Death Note and was assistant director of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Writer Minakami Seishi did Railgun.

I do have some reservations about the male lead: Mizushima Takahiro did Rollo in Geass, which is good, but he also does Tsubaki in Giant Killing, who is a bit too weepy/whiny for me. He was also the lead in Seto no Hanayome.

Of course, Koyasu Takehito can make up for a lot.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:24   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Yuumajuu Chronicles 01 - Tensou!:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:36   Link #24
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And this one is being simulcasted on CR (right now in fact, the time is 11am PST). Still need to get myself a membership but CR streams the first two minutes for free which includes most of the OP as well. Offical article here and, don't think I said this before, but I think it's really cool how the anime is set in 1999 (anyone remember the Y2K panic?) with characters from 2012 (when the Mayan calendar says the world will end or such), saw a lot of end of the world imagery in the OP and I'm pumped to see the rest!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 13:55   Link #25
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Pretty interesting first episode. I really like Maya and the way she handles matters -
Spoiler for Occult Academy ep 01:
Old 2010-07-05, 14:06   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Pretty interesting first episode. I really like Maya and the way she handles matters....
I agree. Enjoyable first episode. A story. A character with a bit of verve. Excellent backgrounds and animation.

I'm watching this largely for Hikasa Youko (Maya) and Takagaki Ayahi (Ami and the ED) and they did not disappoint. Fascinating to hear Hiyocchi in a rather serious role. And Ayahi is a better singer than many who are pro singers and not seiyuus as well: not just power and accuracy, but musicality and interesting phrasing/expressiveness, as well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-07-05, 14:58   Link #27
konart

Awesome 1st ep. Not quite what I expected, but really good
Old 2010-07-05, 15:08   Link #28
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Hikasa Youko? I don't really like creepy anime but I'll give it a try. Hope the comedy is predominant.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 15:53   Link #29
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Its like a creepy Harry Potter! lol I liked it.
Old 2010-07-05, 15:54   Link #30
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Must say that i truly enjoyed the first episode. I'm glad it doesn't take it's self seriously most of the time, because the humor was easily the best part about this episode. Hoping said humor keeps on growing in each episode, because we could have a winner here of the season.

That is quite possibly the best way to end an episode.

& oh god, the Takehito Koyasu character is gold. I had to pause and laugh for about 10 minutes at that casting. Pure genius.
Old 2010-07-05, 16:10   Link #31
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 16:28   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Also, it's been a while since I've heard Koyasu, it feels...
Yeah he's had less roles as of late. He was only in two shows last season.
Old 2010-07-05, 18:25   Link #33
iceyfw

hah. i totally loved her facial expressions as the male protagonist made his entrance. i totally went

mmm long sexy legs
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 19:04   Link #34
LusterFlare
Lost.

Great first episode. I really like the colors used; sort of reminds me of Ghost Hunt. Definitely loved Maya's facial expressions haha.

The ending was just hilarious.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 19:05   Link #35
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I think the ending was probly the best part of the whole episode. I was laughing alot.
Old 2010-07-05, 19:39   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was amazed by the details on his shadow.
Old 2010-07-05, 19:56   Link #37
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

The slow 360 and shadow

This show's playful tone definitely got me hooked.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 20:00   Link #38
Molenir

Ok, I have to admit, I wasn't impressed myself. The principals body being possessed like that, the silliness of this lamia and the only cure being to chop off the head of the first victim. Just reeks of stupidity. The ending was about the only decent part of the episode. I'll watch another episode or 2, and hope things pick up. But right now, am thinking I'll probably end up dropping this.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 20:08   Link #39
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Ok, I have to admit, I wasn't impressed myself. The principals body being possessed like that, the silliness of this lamia and the only cure being to chop off the head of the first victim. Just reeks of stupidity. The ending was about the only decent part of the episode. I'll watch another episode or 2, and hope things pick up. But right now, am thinking I'll probably end up dropping this.
Were you expecting a serious anime maybe? I was, what little I saw of it before I want to cr, and the promo art for it made it seem like it would be.

But I liked more because it was making fun of itself.
Old 2010-07-05, 20:12   Link #40
sergho

It's my favorite of the season so far. Everything seems to be working.
sergho is offline   Reply With Quote