AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-13, 11:07   Link #581
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

ze fonzy post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, she doesn't have big cleavage, but she is certainly alluring.
Hmm you know what, I was wondering about her just now, and I think she is alluring too. The thing about her, she's plain, and that's where her beauty is, normal, no hair accessories, or fancy hairstyle, just regular beauty right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
mangatron, I believe there is one for 'that' pairing, of course, same place as the other one.
Heh, I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about, but the discussion earlier was for a pure yuri pairing, Haruka x Miya. Now if there is a new one I have yet to see (haven't checked since our little chat ), thanks for the heads up

Heh.... lol... what am I doing.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 12:56   Link #582
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Understanding to the point of near telepathy? Arc 5 can't come soon enough. T_T
Childhood friends don't get that much luck in adaptations, though not this time! I can't wait to see Rihoko in the spotlight.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:06   Link #583
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I was just an ANN for something and figured I'd check their new season reviews and all. Amagami was bashed for what we like. It's sad that so some people may read that and choose not to check this series out. One guys said there will be a different girl each episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Childhood friends don't get that much luck in adaptations, though not this time! I can't wait to see Rihoko in the spotlight.
Sometimes their bad luck makes for good entertainment, *cough*Kaede*cough*.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:34   Link #584
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its rare you actually get "information" or "news" from ANN. Their primary purpose for the last few years has been simply to increase eyeball count for revenue so they'll put up utter drek just to stir rage and controversy.

I can usually get by for months without actually having to link to a page of theirs, be better informed, and keep my blood pressure happier.
Old 2010-07-13, 15:14   Link #585
Itlandm
Porcupine

I too would be happy to "fast forward" to Sakurai Rihoko's arc. She seems like a genuinely funny and innocent girl, and with the decency this series has shown so far, I am not at all worried about what the two of them will come up with together. I am sure it will be greatly entertaining, and hopefully less angsty than the first arc.

Of course, there is still the question of how they choose to "reset" each storyline. I don't think that has been made quite clear yet.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 15:27   Link #586
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Of course, there is still the question of how they choose to "reset" each storyline. I don't think that has been made quite clear yet.
That is a good question. Will he still be the sorry guy dumped after Christmas or will he change to suit the girl? And will the season always be the same? Need a beach episode or something, lol. Kidding, a beach episode would degrade this. But summer uniforms would be welcome.
Old 2010-07-13, 15:37   Link #587
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I too would be happy to "fast forward" to Sakurai Rihoko's arc. She seems like a genuinely funny and innocent girl, and with the decency this series has shown so far, I am not at all worried about what the two of them will come up with together. I am sure it will be greatly entertaining, and hopefully less angsty than the first arc.
You really consider this arc to be "angsty"?!? O_O

I'd have said it's an exercise in positive-sugary storytelling...

Quote:
Probably just starting the story anew. I see no reason why they should invest alot of effort into it. Thogh I could imagine that the sad 2-year old christmas memory will not be part of the Kaoru arc - I suspect that the painful-rejection aspect will have been part of the Haruka storyline.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 15:48   Link #588
Itlandm
Porcupine

I feel reasonably justified using the word "angsty" about any work of fiction in which a person repeatedly hides in a dark closet. ^_^

Though I shall admit that it lightened up considerably in episode 2. He still strikes me as painfully desperate though, with the "Please allow me to like you". I sincerely hope there won't be any of that with his childhood friends!
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 15:57   Link #589
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
I feel reasonably justified using the word "angsty" about any work of fiction in which a person repeatedly hides in a dark closet. ^_^
I wouldn't be surprised if he did that in other arcs as well :P
Old 2010-07-13, 16:15   Link #590
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
"-What are you hiding? Let's see... it's a book on dieting.
-How did you know?
-You know we've been friends since childhood, right?"

I kind of wish they had chosen something else to show us how close they are. It was sooo easy to guess this was a book about dieting, her weight complex is as obvious as Miya's brocon
Old 2010-07-13, 16:16   Link #591
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Need a beach episode or something, lol. Kidding, a beach episode would degrade this.
I don't see how it would be degrading. I mean if they want to go to the beach, then let them do just that! I won't complain.
Old 2010-07-13, 16:24   Link #592
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I kind of wish they had chosen something else to show us how close they are. It was sooo easy to guess this was a book about dieting, her weight complex is as obvious as Miya's brocon
Maybe it's just me but I never found her weight complex obvious, certainly not as obvious as Miya's attachment to her big brother.

I'm very much looking forwarc to Rihoko's arc simply cause I think shes the cutest girl in the series(yea shallow reason but do I care? no) altho not as much as Kaoru, god I can only hope we get something like this

Old 2010-07-13, 16:25   Link #593
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
I don't see how it would be degrading. I mean if they want to go to the beach, then let them do just that! I won't complain.
Gah...I would find that too typical for an anime. The "beach scene" itself is overused I think in many romance genre animes.
Old 2010-07-13, 16:29   Link #594
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Gah...I would find that too typical for an anime. The "beach scene" itself is overused I think in many romance genre animes.
I don't see what's wrong if Junichi and one of the girls go to the beach for a date. So what if it's overused?
Old 2010-07-13, 16:34   Link #595
msg

Hello first time poster haha...had to register cuz of Amagami.Love the game and the anime.I'm sold lol Fav - Hibiki.I'm surely gonna be back to post more...Have played the game til halfway i guess...
Old 2010-07-13, 17:03   Link #596
Nosauz

Quote:
"-What are you hiding? Let's see... it's a book on dieting.
-How did you know?
-You know we've been friends since childhood, right?"

I don't know man, that just felt like shitty writing, instead of showing us these things the director/script writer decides to point out this, by making junichi say osananajimi for the sake of spelling it out. I mean it's ok to introduce characters, but this could have been played in a much more subtle/realistic way.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:08   Link #597
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I don't know man, that just felt like shitty writing, instead of showing us these things the director/script writer decides to point out this, by making junichi say osananajimi for the sake of spelling it out. I mean it's ok to introduce characters, but this could have been played in a much more subtle/realistic way.
It might've been this way in the game, but I guess that's no excuse.
Rather, with the amount of time they'd have to spend to show us that they were childhood friends, they would be taking a lot out the episodes which are supposed to be Haruka-centric. It'll probably be better presented during her arc.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:29   Link #598
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It might've been this way in the game, but I guess that's no excuse.
Rather, with the amount of time they'd have to spend to show us that they were childhood friends, they would be taking a lot out the episodes which are supposed to be Haruka-centric. It'll probably be better presented during her arc.
Well I think with omnibus, you really need to show some of the reasons for the other characters love for this main character, ala junichi, or else it just never seems plausible, there has to be a reason for why these girls are so susceptible to the charms of one junichi and to have spell out everything just feels like lazy writing with very narrow characters. I mean I do hope your right, but ugh lazy writing is my bane.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 17:33   Link #599
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Degrading may not have been the right word. But they are fan service excuses, no matter what. What they did in the second episode with the bathing suit is better, it's more natural and believable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Maybe it's just me but I never found her weight complex obvious, certainly not as obvious as Miya's attachment to her big brother.

I'm very much looking forwarc to Rihoko's arc simply cause I think shes the cutest girl in the series(yea shallow reason but do I care? no) altho not as much as Kaoru, god I can only hope we get something like this

That's awesome, +1!
Old 2010-07-13, 17:35   Link #600
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Degrading may not have been the right word. But they are fan service excuses, no matter what. What they did in the second episode with the bathing suit is better, it's more natural and believable.
Beach episodes aren't always there for pure fanservice, and i'm not saying i want one for that to happen. Development can still happen when surrounded by sand and the sea.

I'm more for the level of fanservice we got in the second episode, though i'm just saying. That's all.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen