Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-25, 06:55   Link #481
Pikawai
Blabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth
Eh it's kind of impossible not to notice. It's so obvious.
Really? I thought it was more of an admiration or a start of a platonic friendship.

Boy! Usui is so possessive but assuming his background or at least what we have saw in the ending (Her mother left him?) we can understand why he is acting this way and for Misaki she is obviously falling more and more for Usui and finally getting a clue about her feelings for him.
Pikawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 12:24   Link #482
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

This week's plot seems even more farfetched and forced than usual, to the point where it starts annoying me.

Also, rather than competing in some stupid contest why doesn't she just kick that rapist Tora's ass? It's not like she's opposed to using violance..
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 13:16   Link #483
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 18:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
This week's plot seems even more farfetched and forced than usual, to the point where it starts annoying me.

Also, rather than competing in some stupid contest why doesn't she just kick that rapist Tora's ass? It's not like she's opposed to using violance..
Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-31, 04:41   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 18:
Old 2010-07-31, 20:13   Link #485
Qikz

Really good episode this week, again! Really one of my favourite animes from Spring and it's only getting better. Can't wait to see next weeks.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 21:13   Link #486
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Misaki really dose look good as a Miko
Old 2010-08-01, 02:01   Link #487
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

another enjoyable episode this week. XD

Spoiler for episode 18:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 12:02   Link #488
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler:
That's what I was wondering, too. I couldn't really follow the logic of the plot XD Even so it was predictable. Felt retarded.
Is this a case of "It's personal!" or are they afraid they'll force them out? I also didn't get what they gain by participating in the challenge.

Got some amusing scenes out of it, but I can't say I really liked this episode :/
The costumes were pretty neat, though .

Also: Is it just me or did they change the art a bit regarding Misaki? She looks more feminine (I lack the right word I think xD).
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 14:20   Link #489
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Is this a case of "It's personal!" or are they afraid they'll force them out? I also didn't get what they gain by participating in the challenge.
Misaki made it clear a few times in this episode that she blames herself for this happening, so she wants to set things straight by beating Tora seeing as though he invited her to be apart of the competition.
Old 2010-08-01, 14:32   Link #490
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Yeah, that's what confused me - how does beating him help the shop? She's playing right into his hands; even so she should be aware of that.
But I guess it is in character for her to just run into the trap despite knowing, because it's her responsibilty in her eyes

Still felt forced, as others already pointed out. Meh, I just hope it pays off in the end.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 21:02   Link #491
Sol Falling

The context of Maid Latte's participation in the footman audition is 'quality of service', in the sense of maids and butlers serving their masters. As the show describes, Maki himself is fairly competent as a server, and his ability to instill that high 'quality of service' into the proposed establishment is supposed to be its main selling point. Tora's words about Maki being 'quite serious about this' and the point of Misaki's participation is to demonstrate Maid Latte's 'quality of service' in response. As for the manager simply refusing them, well, as hinted by Maki's line as he presented their terms ('we'd be glad to review any of the figures if you are dissatisfied with them'), they are certainly prepared to be very persistent and she is clearly intimidated.

And that is, of course, also separate from the issue other people mentioned of Misaki feeling that her association with Tora was what was responsible for this happening in the first place, thus her determination to overcome Tora's challenge and get rid of him.

Anyway, this episode was alright. Not too great though, the opening sequence was unnatural and they didn't manage to carry the full humour/characterization behind a couple of the better scenes (Misaki asking Usui if he really wanted her to be his maid for a day; Usui's disappointed reaction to Misaki's chest). It also felt quite rushed in some spots, due to covering about 1 and 2/3 chapters, and while I am decently happy with the place they decided to stop the episode at it's still a bit disappointing.

Well, anyway: judging from the preview, next episode will contain one of the fairly important romantic development/characterization scenes in my opinion. I really hope they do it well...the less skeptical part of me is pretty excited.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 10:19   Link #492
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate T Harlaown View Post
[img snip of disappointed usui with Misa's "flat chest"]
It's may be a bit flat, but it's...
Spoiler for the truth:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
[spoiler=Episode 18]I was also wondering why Satsuki can't just turn down the offer, though i guess it's turned into a personal matter now between Misaki and Tora.
She can't turn it down. Even if she did, his company can just pressure the store, her, the owner, or somebody. Power and money does great things. At least, that's what I remember thinking when I read the manga.

Damn it. Someone should have told me before that they'd turn this into an anime. I can't save myself from spoilers now...
roankun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 09:12   Link #493
faervas

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
That's what I was wondering, too. I couldn't really follow the logic of the plot XD Even so it was predictable. Felt retarded.
Spoiler for series context:
faervas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 18:20   Link #494
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Beh I fail episode. Why because they removed the good part from episode 19.

Spoiler for the good part:

Very disappointing. If they were so short of time they should have cut the waiter part shorter instead of screwing their intimate part at the end which was the most juicy and romantic from this whole frigging arc.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2010-08-06 at 02:37.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 00:21   Link #495
Bluejay
Paintballer/Drummer/Nerd

Oh man, next time use a more descriptive spoiler tag please. I just read it thinking it was an episode 18 spoiler (due to the large number of previous posts on the matter)... Now I know what happens at the end, that's so not cool.

On Topic, I'm still looking forward to episode 19 lol
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 02:28   Link #496
deffusse
otaku[SK]

Ok ep.19 was great as expected, but in the comparision with manga it simply sucks ... too much screentime wasted in previous episodes on not interesting stuff, and now when they're short on time, they have cut all of the great stuff and thrown it away..... too pity for all of manga fans...

The situation we have here is so simple >> we have 7 episodes and for about 22 chapters of manga according to anime ending 2 scenes. The very problem is that those 22 chapters are full of awesome stuff.

Let's hope they won't screw this anime in the end 'cause it's realy awesome
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 02:35   Link #497
LordDemon
Yami no Ou

The anime is officially dead to me after reading that. I knew J.C. Staff would find a way to completely ruin a good thing as usual. If they were so worried about cramming material, perhaps they shouldn't have animated TWO omake specials and an episode that was practically nothing but filler.

*sigh*

I am so unbelievably pissed at the moment, and I don't need to see the episode to validate or justify this anger either.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 04:42   Link #498
kanon78
Confederate

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Very disappointing. If they were so short of time they should have cut the waiter part shorter instead of screwing their intimate part at the end which was the most juicy and romantic from this whole frigging arc.
Yeah that was some trolling Bitch Slap from J.C. Staff to the manga fans...
I guess a faithful anime adaptation from the manga (ch24: appartment) was too much asked... Besides the fact of the extremely rushed (best part of the) ending which is "unforgivable" , I guess J.C. Staff is having too much fun with including (almost) each and every (silly) sidestory. Even the ones with no plot connection nor progress whatsoever.
J.C. STaff how can you screw up like this with such good source material....?

I guess Sol Falling was right from the beginning.

Last edited by kanon78; 2010-08-07 at 09:49.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 13:08   Link #499
Molenir

I've been enjoying this series, however these last 2 episodes were flat. Just fail. I thought that when reading the manga, and watching the anime, felt the same way. Skipping them both, you don't feel like you've missed anything, though that closing scene in Usui's apartment was pretty good, still disappointing overall, having to watch 40 minutes to get to 1 good 20 second clip.

I agree with the cutting the lame ass waiter part rather then the good scene at the end. I'd have prefered the manga version of half dressed Usui as well, but it was still pretty good.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-06, 15:45   Link #500
kitten320

I didn't read the manga so the episode seemed fine by me.

Him hugging her half naked is more of a fanservice in my opinion. A nice one, but I don't really mind the way anime showed it.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo