AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2010-08-18, 20:11   Link #14341
Joe_fh

Thanks limao though I'm not really sure if I'm ready for something like that

Oh and btw I'm not sure if anyone visted loivissa's deviantART account recently but she said she intends to finish the cover(I'm not sure what she's refering to but Revan should know )

Oh and Ryus - that looks really good but it would take a long time to finish imo. So good luck and take your time
Also if you end up listing everything like you wanted to you'll need a lot of colours and it might get a bit confusing.
Spoiler for "I don't remember whcih chapter but it's around 90 or so...and it's about Renee's fate:
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 20:20   Link #14342
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Oh and Ryus - that looks really good but it would take a long time to finish imo. So good luck and take your time
Also if you end up listing everything like you wanted to you'll need a lot of colours and it might get a bit confusing.
Spoiler for I don't remember whcih chapter but it's around 90 or so...and it's about Renee's fate:
Well... I think DragonZero is right font really needs to change (I just used whatever font photoshop was last set on ). Plus My previous thoughts, like I should break this down to one pic per generation, I should also add unknown ranked warriors in blank set of row below the 1-47, etc...

As to Renee (and also Irene) I'm going to change the wording to:
Spoiler for Manga spoilers:
Old 2010-08-18, 23:44   Link #14343
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Spoiler for "I don't remember whcih chapter but it's around 90 or so...and it's about Renee's fate:
That was chapter 93, 5th page right?

It's very difficult to say. It seems Riful's standing on rocky/grassy ground so those pices could only be rocks. Also there doesn't seem to be any blood on the ground (which Yagi sure doesn't spare us) and the pieces look quite irregular as opposed to something that has been cleanly cut.
Weird D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-18, 23:59   Link #14344
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
That was chapter 93, 5th page right?

It's very difficult to say. It seems Riful's standing on rocky/grassy ground so those pices could only be rocks. Also there doesn't seem to be any blood on the ground (which Yagi sure doesn't spare us) and the pieces look quite irregular as opposed to something that has been cleanly cut.
People who see the monologue as more import believe she is dead and the people wanting a hint in the art see her as alive since logically her corpse should be right there . I just think Yagi choose not to draw a hunk of meat since that's what Riful said she'd do and she pretty much is known for keeping her word.

As violent as Claymore is, Yagi just doesn't seem interested on drawing organs and such... just lots of blood and rolling heads. He make Claymore violent enough and let the readers minds fill in the rest... similar to the scene in The Dark Knight where the joker is torturing the guard, it seems sick as hell at first but when you study it you see their's nothing really graphical at all with the scene.

Honestly though I was supporter of Renee being alive for quite some time but changed my mind later after I felt her absence had just been too long. It'd be rather cliché of Yagi to reintroduce her for whatever reason... too many think she has a plot shield until she delivers Raki's message to Clare. I'm beginning to think the story will just be better and feel more real if this message turns out to never reach Clare's ears. The in the end only 3 things should settle the matter beyond a readers interpretation: her corpse (likely just someone mentioning finding it), her showing up again later alive, or never being seen again.
Old 2010-08-19, 00:07   Link #14345
Ryus
The One Eyed King

By Lord_Nadjib on deviantart

Spoiler for Colored page:

By OrangeGl0w on deviantart

Spoiler for Colored Panel:

By maybelle123 on deviantart

Spoiler for Galatea... cowgirl:

By roto on Pivix

Found on Biadu

Spoiler for Pic:

Also found on Biadu

Spoiler for 2 pics:

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-08-19 at 00:17.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:20   Link #14346
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Lightbulb

someone needs 2 translate the words on the sketch pages.
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 10:34   Link #14347
warrior

Irene

Teresa and Clare
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 11:44   Link #14348
limao
DeAd

limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 11:47   Link #14349
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by limao View Post
If there was only some way ECO could see this.

Quick, someone translate this into Chinese and post it on his page.
Old 2010-08-19, 12:14   Link #14350
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
People who see the monologue as more import believe she is dead and the people wanting a hint in the art see her as alive since logically her corpse should be right there . I just think Yagi choose not to draw a hunk of meat since that's what Riful said she'd do and she pretty much is known for keeping her word.

As violent as Claymore is, Yagi just doesn't seem interested on drawing organs and such... just lots of blood and rolling heads. He make Claymore violent enough and let the readers minds fill in the rest... similar to the scene in The Dark Knight where the joker is torturing the guard, it seems sick as hell at first but when you study it you see their's nothing really graphical at all with the scene.

Honestly though I was supporter of Renee being alive for quite some time but changed my mind later after I felt her absence had just been too long. It'd be rather cliché of Yagi to reintroduce her for whatever reason... too many think she has a plot shield until she delivers Raki's message to Clare. I'm beginning to think the story will just be better and feel more real if this message turns out to never reach Clare's ears. The in the end only 3 things should settle the matter beyond a readers interpretation: her corpse (likely just someone mentioning finding it), her showing up again later alive, or never being seen again.
Come on, since when has Yagi spared us the gory details? He drew a Claymore with half her body missing, and Yoma/ABs chopped to pieces. Even without a corpse (in any state), just a puddle of blood would have been enough...

Yeah, it seems the message was just a way to lead us readers on ; though you're right, it'd fit better with Claymore's imperfect world. And even if she escaped from Riful, Renee would be weaponless in the midle of a battlezone... bad odds. Then again, about Yagi making sense, I never quite got over Isley's death 3-4 chapters after his reappearance either, especially since I felt he was missing something as a character since we got so little insight about his true motives.

Aw, in the end, I'm just upset that my favourite next gen Claymore must've kicked the bucket like that.
Old 2010-08-19, 12:21   Link #14351
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Quote:
Hmm, is it weird that this made me horny?
Arkham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:05   Link #14352
limao
DeAd

Old 2010-08-19, 13:13   Link #14353
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Talking

Quote:
I didn't know they had 2 hit him in the face 2 get a rod out of his arm!!
FormerAbyssalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-19, 13:15   Link #14354
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

^Is that Raki?

Hey, dancing banana, draw some more boobies!
Old 2010-08-19, 13:39   Link #14355
limao
DeAd

Hey its not a dancing banana, its a dancing lemon (limao)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I didn't know they had 2 hit him in the face 2 get a rod out of his arm!!
Well, if they spank him a lot the blood would go the head bruises and deviated from the arm wound, so they tried to save his life
Old 2010-08-19, 13:45   Link #14356
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

My apologies, wise dancing lemon.

Now, about those boobies...
Old 2010-08-19, 14:11   Link #14357
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
By Lord_Nadjib on deviantart

Spoiler for size:

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
Irene

Teresa and Clare

Nice pics. Long time i've not been visiting here so often... wonder where you guys are getting those new pics from. Wouldn't be easy to find that out up-to-date in deviantart.

Anyway, got new pics of Flora.
Spoiler for pics:

ps. ROFL about that dancing banana! fits better for ya
Old 2010-08-19, 14:11   Link #14358
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Come on, since when has Yagi spared us the gory details? He drew a Claymore with half her body missing, and Yoma/ABs chopped to pieces. Even without a corpse (in any state), just a puddle of blood would have been enough...

Yeah, it seems the message was just a way to lead us readers on ; though you're right, it'd fit better with Claymore's imperfect world. And even if she escaped from Riful, Renee would be weaponless in the midle of a battlezone... bad odds. Then again, about Yagi making sense, I never quite got over Isley's death 3-4 chapters after his reappearance either, especially since I felt he was missing something as a character since we got so little insight about his true motives.

Aw, in the end, I'm just upset that my favourite next gen Claymore must've kicked the bucket like that.
Yes... but did organs ever come out of that torn to pieces Claymore, likely. Did Yagi draw them, no. He only drew blood to signify the severity of the injury.

You're right I too would have liked to have seen a pool of blood instead of just getting a monologue hinting that she's likely hamburger meat (believe me I searched those panels on high mag looking for any hint of blood or body parts ). To me it felt like it shied away from something rather than being artistic about it like it was with Irene's likely death. Then again there is no need to show a character like her's death if her role was already fulfilled. Another thought I had was Yagi choose not to show Renee's death so people Riful fans wouldn't change there minds upon seeing what she did to Renee, that way they would still be cheering her on in the coming battle (though me personally have always wanted to see a fanart of Riful and Dauf eating guts like the two dogs in Lady and the Tramp sharing the spaghetti , If I could only draw ).

I also agree a lot could have been done with Isley but in the end I feel dragging out his character would have just made Claymore feel more of the cliché story where the good guys finally surpass one enemy only to have them replaced by another. Might as well be slightly different and not have the protagonists rise to the level of power Isley and kill him off with countless smaller foes the warriors seem like they can just about handle one on one, only to have them be a misdirection and have the real new enemies being way stronger than Isley ever was and stronger than the lot of AFs and other AOs combined. In the end same result but the ride is different.
Old 2010-08-19, 14:13   Link #14359
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Image by AramisAbbatDerBlae on deviantart

Old 2010-08-19, 14:58   Link #14360
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Another thought I had was Yagi choose not to show Renee's death so people Riful fans wouldn't change there minds upon seeing what she did to Renee, that way they would still be cheering her on in the coming battle (though me personally have always wanted to see a fanart of Riful and Dauf eating guts like the two dogs in Lady and the Tramp sharing the spaghetti , If I could only draw ).
Even better : Dauf mistaking Riful's body for the spaghetti!

Quote:
I also agree a lot could have been done with Isley but in the end I feel dragging out his character would have just made Claymore feel more of the cliché story where the good guys finally surpass one enemy only to have them replaced by another. Might as well be slightly different and not have the protagonists rise to the level of power Isley and kill him off with countless smaller foes the warriors seem like they can just about handle one on one, only to have them be a misdirection and have the real new enemies being way stronger than Isley ever was and stronger than the lot of AFs and other AOs combined. In the end same result but the ride is different.
I agree with that, but what I didn't like was how Isley went from the ambitious schemer he seemed to be when he met Priscilla to the rather tame AB he was at the end... Come on, an apex predator pretty much starving himself and for what reason? Because he was happy with his life as it was I'd have liked a couple of flashback showing his evolution.

Tags
images