AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 02:36   Link #5381
AlexiaCarcera

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe pre orders -CAN'T- be sold out? Maybe all the websites hosting pre orders contact 07th Expansion and tell him how many extra games/etc he needs to make after pre orders are finished, and that's how it works?

EDIT:
I received another email, seems like if you order you will get 3 emails:

1.) confirming order
2.) order info

or something like that. And then Early January you get a 3rd which requires payment. Just posting for future reference and such.

Last edited by AlexiaCarcera; 2010-11-29 at 05:05. Reason: oh just now
AlexiaCarcera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 03:00   Link #5382
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Don't take my word on it, but I'd imagine that the business will pre-order a certain amount based on how much business they think they'd get.

Although, I'd also imagine it'd be a bit more difficult to get sold out on pre-orders then everyone thinks, since they probably also order some to have in stock for people who want to buy from them after pre-orders.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 07:08   Link #5383
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe pre orders -CAN'T- be sold out? Maybe all the websites hosting pre orders contact 07th Expansion and tell him how many extra games/etc he needs to make after pre orders are finished, and that's how it works?

EDIT:
I received another email, seems like if you order you will get 3 emails:

1.) confirming order
2.) order info

or something like that. And then Early January you get a 3rd which requires payment. Just posting for future reference and such.
The first e-mail is automated; the second is AmiAmi saying "Yes, we did actually get your order (and combined it if applicable)."

In any case, feeling pretty dumb right now. Though I am happy that I didn't leave things to chance, so...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 10:23   Link #5384
Marion
The Great Dine

Just a question - which service is better, AmiAmi or Palet?
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 10:26   Link #5385
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

AmiAmi is more reliable to me, along with a better overview in term of stocks etc.
Furthermore, they aren't as trigger happy in banning customers (I was banned by Paletweb, because I've asked 2 questions regarding payment and it doesn't seem I'm an isolated case in term of ridiculous and random ban).
Old 2010-11-29, 10:31   Link #5386
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
AmiAmi is more reliable to me, along with a better overview in term of stocks etc.
Furthermore, they aren't as trigger happy in banning customers (I was banned by Paletweb, because I've asked 2 questions regarding payment and it doesn't seem I'm an isolated case in term of ridiculous and random ban).
Was there a reason for the ban? Ridiculous is right but was there anything like a terms and agreement issue going on? It seems stupid to be banned for no reason. I haven't had the experience of being banned for paying anything online before.

Last edited by goldenlove27; 2010-11-29 at 11:08.
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 10:32   Link #5387
Marion
The Great Dine

I think I'll go with AmiAmi then. Comparing prices they seem to be cheaper as well (although that's just in terms of the game cost and not adding on shipping)
Old 2010-11-29, 10:44   Link #5388
maximilianjenus
[E]

ANyone has got a link to paletweb (preferably to the umineko ougon item) I can't register in amiami as houston has problem atm.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 10:46   Link #5389
Will Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
They ban customers for asking questions that show interest in buying their product? Amazing business procedure right there!

They'll be investing on moon tourism soon enough.
Will Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 11:59   Link #5390
st_nick5

Does anyone know how much shipping would be for the UK? It doesn't give a clear answer on the AmiAmi website as far as I can see.

edit - This "tsubasa" disk and the fighting game, were they both developed by 07th Expansion as well? Is Witch-Hunt planning on translating them?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 12:12   Link #5391
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
Does anyone know how much shipping would be for the UK? It doesn't give a clear answer on the AmiAmi website as far as I can see.

edit - This "tsubasa" disk and the fighting game, were they both developed by 07th Expansion as well? Is Witch-Hunt planning on translating them?
Ryukishi was apparently involved in both projects - Ougon likely has a story mode that he wrote and Tsubasa is the Extra TIPs in VN format.
Old 2010-11-29, 12:22   Link #5392
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Ryukishi was apparently involved in both projects - Ougon likely has a story mode that he wrote and Tsubasa is the Extra TIPs in VN format.
Might pre-order all three of them. I found this on the AmiAmi website:
Quote:
Shipping & Handling Fees (S&H)
We will inform you of the actual shipping rates for your items when your order is in stock and ready to ship. Please note that we cannot provide shipping quotes for pre-order items as we do not know their final size or weight.
Does this mean that you won't get told how much you're paying for shipping until you've ordered it and it's in stock?

edit - Oh wait, I've never used AmiAmi before. Do I have to use a Paypal account to buy from them? I've never been able to get my Paypal account working properly with my bank account.

Last edited by st_nick5; 2010-11-29 at 12:33.
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 12:47   Link #5393
legomaple

WH, i'll be hating you if you release the patch tomorow... TOMOROW IS ALSO THE STEAM RELEASE OF FREAKING SUPER MEAT BOY XD

Wow, Now I have to choose, even though I think I'm going for the patch
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:01   Link #5394
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Dawww~ Don't hate them for that... At least you don't have to meet 6 different deadlines for 4 classes and have to ignore the patch completely for 2-3 weeks and have to spend close to $100 on printing material like I do. Dammit I want to buy EP 8 and the fighting game!! College sucks so bad right now...
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:17   Link #5395
incko

greetings,

I am completely clueless about buying japanese games,
especially doujin, so I figured here could be the right place to ask.

A friend and I will spent three weeks in Tokyo next Spring,
and I would love to buy the original 8 Umineko Games.

But as stated above, I'm rather clueless about doujins~
can I buy the Umineko Games in any japanese videogame store in Akihabara
or is it hopeless to search for them from the beginning?

thanks for your help!
incko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:18   Link #5396
naikou
Slashy Slashy!

> College sucks so bad right now...

Agree with goldenlove

Even if the EP7 patch and Ougon came out today, I wouldn't be able to even touch them for like 3 weeks. Freaking college/work!
naikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 13:28   Link #5397
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by incko View Post
can I buy the Umineko Games in any japanese videogame store in Akihabara
or is it hopeless to search for them from the beginning?!
You will be able to buy these in Akihabara. It is actually the best place for this kind of purchase: any store with doujin products should have that, unless they are out of stock.

Toranoana is probably the best bet for this.
Old 2010-11-29, 14:00   Link #5398
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Toranoana is probably the best bet for this.
Yup, as well as melon books and mandarake
Old 2010-11-29, 14:05   Link #5399
actawesome

You foooooooools!
Obviously the Umineko patch can't wait! All things come second.
actawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 14:31   Link #5400
xBTAx

Speaking of patches: I know it's kinda foolish to ask this before episode 8 is even out, but do you guys predict having to redo parts of the 1-4 translation again due to it?

I've actually only played up to halfway through 3 (though I've now spoiled myself for 3 and 4), so if it's unlikely that the translation will change again, I'll just use this time to replay/finish 1-4.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation