Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-17, 19:12   Link #81
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
To activate the what? Hope this isn't going to be something like the Gundam X "moon beam gun thingy"....

Edit: Or is there something about the Impulse that requires him to stay within a certain range of the Minerva to draw power? Effectively making the Impulse a short range Mobile Suit and just one more nail in Shin's coffin. Starting to have even more doubts about the Impulse. You're right it was after he put on the Force pack so he's already having to worry about power after switching packs, so perhaps the battery isn't in the packs.
From early info of the suits its a way to resupply the MS's energy from a long distance away. So I guess since Impulse lacks energy they need to resupply it by launching the Minerva to space (I guess they can't use it if its tucked away in a colony). Its supposed to be the replacement for nuclear energy which is now outlawed. And it fits with the new GUNDAM acronym as well ("Generation Unrestricted Network Drive Assault Module" as opposed to "Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assault Module")

Either that or I got my "early info" wrong.
Old 2004-10-17, 19:36   Link #82
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
just finish watching ep 2, i dont see it as good as ep 1 for some reason...

but neo is a mwu clone for sure...hair looks like him, voice is excatly the same and also drives a MA...too similar

since i didnt watch it with subs, but is there any reason why lunamaria's zaku engine/burster suddenly died out?
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 19:55   Link #83
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Phase 2, how nostalgic. ^^
Spoiler for phase 2:

And what's the name of the quiet guy with the shoulder length hair? He's so beautiful, I really tought he was a woman on phase 1. ^^ Oh a bishi.

Spoiler for screenshots phase 2:
Ok, you know what though? The nostalgia in this episode totally RUINED it for me! I mean COME ON! Can we have even a TINY bit of originality from Seed? Ok lets see we have:

Spoiler:

That's my rant for this episode. If it wasn't for that I would have enjoyed it very much me thinks. Oh yeah, and I also thought that that male with the long blonde hair was a girl. I SOOOO thought it was a girl! The possibility that it was a man didn't even cross my mind. Seriously, I need a "WTF!?" smilie at this point.

Edit

Oh yeah, and how do you guys know all the character's names and crap already? What the heck "new type"? "Seed destiny mode"? Am I the only one here that is NOT a total Gundam otaku or what?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 20:10   Link #84
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
since i didnt watch it with subs, but is there any reason why lunamaria's zaku engine/burster suddenly died out?
This has been mentioned before... But anyway, the Zaku's were damaged after the debris fell on it last episode... That technician mentioned it before they took off that there might be some problems because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0
but neo is a mwu clone for sure...hair looks like him, voice is excatly the same and also drives a MA...too similar
Nothing can be too similar in Gundam... Look at Dianna and Kihel from Turn A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Oh yeah, and how do you guys know all the character's names and crap already?
Uh... We went to http://aeug.blogspot.com/?
Old 2004-10-17, 20:56   Link #85
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Also, if you think Athrun looks like a good candidate for being a girl, well, he is.

I won't be surprised if anyone's seen that pic before. Actually, there was one with more pics like that all in one pic, but I don't know where it is now.
Omg! she is beautiful!!

or what it a he?
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 22:42   Link #86
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Ok, you know what though? The nostalgia in this episode totally RUINED it for me! I mean COME ON! Can we have even a TINY bit of originality from Seed? Ok lets see we have:
Geez, good thing you aren't a Gundam otaku...you probably would have pulled out all your hairs by now!

Quote:
Oh yeah, and how do you guys know all the character's names and crap already? What the heck "new type"? "Seed destiny mode"? Am I the only one here that is NOT a total Gundam otaku or what?
Yes, so STFU N00B! XD

Seed Destiny mode was just a joke by wao. Newtype is a term from the old school UC Gundam series; the main characters back then were uber-godly "Newtypes" as opposed to being uber-godly "Seed Coordinators" (like Kira and Athrun). Not all Newtypes have the same level of strength, but generally these are Newtype characteristics: have pyschic precognition (the flash you see with Mwu La Fraga), can control remote weaponary with their minds, and can sense other strong Newtypes (which you probably have seen in both Seed and Destiny). Back then in the UC timeline, the Newtypes were supposed to be the next evolution of humans.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 22:57   Link #87
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I was kinda happy to see that Mu look alike actually,
Spoiler for 2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 01:29   Link #88
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
To activate the what? Hope this isn't going to be something like the Gundam X "moon beam gun thingy"....

Edit: Or is there something about the Impulse that requires him to stay within a certain range of the Minerva to draw power? Effectively making the Impulse a short range Mobile Suit and just one more nail in Shin's coffin. Starting to have even more doubts about the Impulse. You're right it was after he put on the Force pack so he's already having to worry about power after switching packs, so perhaps the battery isn't in the packs.
well, from what I understand, it's just a long range energy recharge system (no more power plug thing in SEED1). So I guess without Minerva, Impulse is just like a normal GAT-X Gundams and other MS which depend on some energy battery, which can deplete fast with PS armor and some other high power consumption equipment. But when it stays within a certain radius near Minerva it can constantly receive energy from the ship so it's virtually unlimited energy. I guess that puts it at an upper hand against the three stolen Gundams, since the Earth ship doesn't have this long range energy recharge system.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 01:41   Link #89
CalamitiesEnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I was kinda happy to see that Mu look alike actually,
Spoiler for 2:
Spoiler:
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 01:44   Link #90
DwArD
mAnIaC

Well, anyone still remembers the battle between Freedom and Providence? Kira easliy destroys the bits after he goes SEED. In terms of experience and skills, Kira still have the advantage here over Shinn. And since the 3 Gundams were stolen, does that mean the 3 Gundams can only depend on battery power since the new EA battleship does not have the system. Oh wait....don't tell me they can easily construct that energy transferring system!?
Old 2004-10-18, 02:11   Link #91
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalamitiesEnd
Spoiler:
Ohhhh nononono, you see, he can make the impossible possible... :\ Don't worry dude, you will be assured Mu pops up somewhere in this series... Even if they don't make him Neo (in which case I will cheer! \o/) there will be some sort of flashback scene, I'm sure.

Since Murrue's definitely got to appear somewhere in the show (why else would she be in the OP AND ED?). And then when they do show Mu I'd go all sentimental because he definitely didn't deserve to die while Angst Kings magically survived because they'd have to make a season 2. And I feel so sorry for Murrue! I really want to know how she finally dealt with the thing once and for all. But if they're going to make her go ga-ga over Andrew Bartfeld, I'll kill the producers. Grr.

With all these new powers arising... wth is going to happen if we have a SEED DESTINY Newtype Coordinator? Maybe The Circle Of Four (Aka Lacus, Kira, Athrun, Cagalli) are all actually Newtypes, but they thought the funky little sound effect-flash sequence was pretty silly so instead they decided to hide it, cos Gradient Tool is a lot better. :| Okay, actually, no.

By the way, again I sound like a complete idiot, but has there ever been a case where a ship has gone very low on power in SEED? I can't seem to remember. Perhaps they could introduce a twist (gasp) and make the Impulse so energy-draining that while we all think it seems like virtually limitless power osurce while the Impulse is around the Minerva... actually it's killing the ship. It would be kind of overpowered (well, IMO) if the Impulse could just hang around the Minerva and happily maintain power and the Minerva also happily not losing loads of power.
Old 2004-10-18, 02:36   Link #92
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Well, anyone still remembers the battle between Freedom and Providence? Kira easliy destroys the bits after he goes SEED. In terms of experience and skills, Kira still have the advantage here over Shinn. And since the 3 Gundams were stolen, does that mean the 3 Gundams can only depend on battery power since the new EA battleship does not have the system. Oh wait....don't tell me they can easily construct that energy transferring system!?
Well, but it's Gundam SEED, so naturally SEED owns non-SEED Let's just wait for Shinn to go SEED. And I'm anticipating Cagalli going SEED and kick some major ass too... provided she can get herself a MS that is

For that three stolen Gundam, I guess they'll have to depend on battery power, I think they at least need to go back to Earth or their base to reverse engineer the long range energy supply system.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 03:22   Link #93
wao
OK.

dreamless: I'd *LOVE* to see Cagalli ride an MS. I think she's most suited to doing that... Somehow she still doesn't seem to understand politics well enough... and she looks so cool in one Also, I still want to know why she's portrayed as looking so dependant on Athrun based on the first 2 eps in this show. But then again the OP gives me hope we'll see the mroe assertive side of herself.
Old 2004-10-18, 03:33   Link #94
sarcasteak
WAHA~

All this talk about SEED mode reminded me of these pics back from the good ol' days (ASuki Gundam Seed forum)

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-18, 03:55   Link #95
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
All this talk about SEED mode reminded me of these pics back from the good ol' days (ASuki Gundam Seed forum)

Spoiler:
LOL I remembered those pics!
Old 2004-10-18, 04:16   Link #96
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by <EvAnGeLiOn>
LOL I remembered those pics!
Yah I didn't register back then and was only a lurker!

I recall there was a Pikachu one but I can't seem to find it on my HD! >_<
Old 2004-10-18, 04:26   Link #97
Evan
天使我爱你

Heehee,I remembered that the Pikachu's pic is hidden deep within the old threads for Gundam Seed lol
Old 2004-10-18, 05:09   Link #98
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Well, but it's Gundam SEED, so naturally SEED owns non-SEED Let's just wait for Shinn to go SEED. And I'm anticipating Cagalli going SEED and kick some major ass too... provided she can get herself a MS that is
Who says Cagalli won't get a MS? You have seem that huge thing behind her (I think in the opening) right? Oh well, here's a pic and info at the bottom. Somehow it reminds me of Freedom ^_^ http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/see...-02+p202qx.htm
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-18, 06:01   Link #99
wao
OK.

Gah. With all these hilarious SEED pictures around (including Azumanga SEED - sorry, I couldn't be arsed to find a pic of the seed flashy flashy thing to overlay on this), we should go create a thread and throw all of them in there instead of hogging this thread. <_<'

It seems one fansub group has already put out episode 2. However... I am very wary of their quality seeing the speed of their release, the quality of their previous release (from what I have seen) and also stereotyping from their names... <_>
Old 2004-10-18, 06:15   Link #100
zealot
ZGMF-X13A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
By the way, again I sound like a complete idiot, but has there ever been a case where a ship has gone very low on power in SEED? I can't seem to remember. Perhaps they could introduce a twist (gasp) and make the Impulse so energy-draining that while we all think it seems like virtually limitless power osurce while the Impulse is around the Minerva... actually it's killing the ship. It would be kind of overpowered (well, IMO) if the Impulse could just hang around the Minerva and happily maintain power and the Minerva also happily not losing loads of power.
I doubt that u can actually drain the ship

Minerva was probably built to transport all the gundams so if it can support all of them it probably won't be drained by just Impulse
zealot is offline   Reply With Quote