AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-09-23, 13:38   Link #1
davidlionheartZ

Wink One Piece - Character Discussion - Sanji

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Sanji related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Sanji fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Sanji's Kick *spoilers*

Ive just been wondering that sanji's power is on his feet rite but in the third movie u seem him wearing sandals and hes still had major power but his power was decresed but when he put his shoes on hes pretty strong, just wondering are the like shoes made out of steel or something

Last edited by xris; 2008-10-26 at 14:24.
davidlionheartZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 14:52   Link #2
Phaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlionheartZ
Ive just been wondering that sanji's power is on his feet rite but in the third movie u seem him wearing sandals and hes still had major power but his power was decresed but when he put his shoes on hes pretty strong, just wondering are the like shoes made out of steel or something
No it's just way easier on your feet and harder on the enemy if you are wearing actual shoes. In movie 2 I think it was, he was barefoot and couldn't really hurt the guy because of the spikes and whatnot, when he put on shoes he destroyed him with the upmost quickness.
Phaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 09:45   Link #3
Stellae
The Original

isn't movie 2 the one in which his foot got pierced with that big spikey ball too? Maybe thats why he was feelin a little weaker without shoes on ^^;;
Stellae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 12:52   Link #4
Yoska
フランキー

Just a movie thingy.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-30, 22:38   Link #5
davidlionheartZ

Smile yeah

Yeah sorry it was movie 2 lolz he was like like all strong when he puts his shoes on
davidlionheartZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 16:58   Link #6
rorosama

In anime and movies it doesn't really matter if you have shoes or not. I don't know why it'd be any different for sanji. I guess he only trained with his shoes on.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 11:05   Link #7
Joe Dalton

He isn't "weaker" without shoes. But try kicking a tree with all your power with shoes on and then try it without shoes on. The second time will be OUCH!!! So without a shoe you have a softer surface kicking without follow through.

And in regards to the events in that movie... spikes + foot = ouch
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 03:12   Link #8
S_C_L-1

thoughts on Sanji (may contain a few minor spoilers)

across this series of tubes, there flows a vast ammount of discussions about the characters in One Piece, but almost none about Sanji... So i thought I'd delve a bit deeper into his character and really under who he is.

His past: We dont know if he even has parents, he's ridiculed by all the people he lives and works with (working as a sous-chef at that age is as dificult as being in a dojo -- like Zoro), he then loses everybody he knows (killed), survives weeks without food even tho he was already very thin (thats one HELL of a struggle for sure) and finally works in a restaurant where no one really likes him and gets beat up by his boss every day.

His fighting: He is about as strong as Zoro and that while being a chain smoker and ONLY using his lower body. His hands are actually the most dextrous in the entirety of the crew but arent used in fights (there IS an exception tho).

he:
-Is chivalrous to the point of self-sacrifice
-Can cook any ingredient and make it delicious
-Is a good tactitian (end of Enis Lobby arc)

Plz add anything i might've missed on him (the good preferably, dont want this to be a flamme war between fanboys/girls)
S_C_L-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 10:42   Link #9
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Add the fact that he's a raving psycotic pervert
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 16:11   Link #10
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
he ususally misses all the fun just to pop from nowhere and suprise everybody that he helped a lot (and he doesn't get lost like Zoro, not in that way)

we don't know any real parents other than Ussop's and Robin's mother so each other child is probably an orphan or something (and maybe Chopper's)

Sanji can't use his hands cause if he damage them than he would lose his dream (but than again he stands on them to kick)

I think that Red Legs wasn't for blood but for the last technique we saw in Cp9 fight

there probably are not many better cooks than Sanji in all the world

like each of SH pirates since the day he joined he is ready to risk his life for his friends or dream

the fact that he helps by gaining advantage in the batle instead of really taking part in it, makes his chances for bounty smaller (unlike Zoro)
Old 2006-10-18, 17:29   Link #11
Elemental-Magus
Tin-Plate Wapol

*slight spoiler for those of u who aren't on the CP9 arc*

Spoiler for CP9:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-18 at 21:56. Reason: spoiler tags
Elemental-Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 21:43   Link #12
Xillie

~spolier~ havn't learned how to do spoiler tags ><;

Spoiler for CP9:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-18 at 21:57.
Xillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 23:30   Link #13
matsuno

Sanji is what I like to call, the Craftieest character in One Piece. Whether by sheer ignorance, or real planning, he constantly is the one who looks after the rest since he took over as the crew's Chef. From taking up the second in line to fight in the Arlong Park arc, to using his psuedonyms in fights to never draw attention to the crew and only on himself (or who people might think he is [aka Mr Prince in the Alabasta arc]).

His one weakness isnt the fact that he restrains his fighting techniques, as we seen in the CP9 arc, his new attack. The weakness is his over chivalric sence. And that was the only flaw Eda has instituted in him. As such, he could very well be the strongest member of the crew with the breains to back it up, and thus every fanboi and girl's love, but that fatal flaw is so large we can never take him serious enough.
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 23:32   Link #14
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental-Magus View Post
Spoiler for CP9:
Spoiler for CP9:

Quote:
The weakness is his over chivalric sence. And that was the only flaw Eda has instituted in him. As such, he could very well be the strongest member of the crew with the breains to back it up, and thus every fanboi and girl's love, but that fatal flaw is so large we can never take him serious enough.
Not really... the only time Sanjji's Chivalrious nature really holds back his fighting is when he his opponent is a woman... in most of his fights, he pretty much fights just as hard as any of the other strawhats
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 01:09   Link #15
regasatanum

i'll like to add some points...

- i also noticed his humour is always recycled and one of the most un-funny SH character because he dont have new jokes. zoro is definitely funnier.

- I believe he will be without a bounty til the end of story so he can be teased by the like of zoro and ussop

- and yes his chivalry maybe has some similiarity to zoro's bushido i think...
so he certainly wont be looking for a dial-powered shoe or a DF shoe to improve his kicking combat style

- zoro kept training and improving and his quest for new sword will make him stronger, but sanji seems to reach the bottleneck, his technique is still roughly the same, created some with new fanciful name that appears to be more power. there's a lack of creativity or effort in OP's kickers class, in constrast, the swordmen class get more attention and well portrayed, abit unfair in this sanji-vs-zoro row... hehe come on Sanji tell us u want to be World Best Kicker!!! and beat maybe one of the Shichibukai who is the current number 1 kicker!

- and i hope sanji will develop some new techique to do with projectile. Some long range attack using the air... something like zoro's 108-i-cant-spell type of projectile attacks

Last edited by regasatanum; 2006-10-19 at 01:20.
regasatanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 03:47   Link #16
S_C_L-1

gotta reply to a few ppl, and dont want to clutter my post with quotes, so ill use the bullet system.

-yeah, i said that there was an except to the use of his hands...

-standing on your hands to deliver a kick is completely different. all his weight goes into his legs, so his hands are just a pivot point (the most important thing in a kick). anyway, its not like hes that heavy >_>

-smoking is a weakness... he looks damn cool when he smokes and sometimes even uses it as a weapon, but its a weakness... both to his fighting AND his cooking.

-if Sanji wanted to be the best "kicker", then he wouldnt have left the Barrati ship...

-sanji has MORE ranged attacks than zoro already... since he only uses kicks in melee, his hands are free to hold a gun (alabasta arc). and then, if he wants to, he can just kick some canonballs (or anything else lying around). Zoro only has 1 ranged attack with 3 strengths (36, 72, 108).

-he might not get as much comedic attention as, say, Luffy, but he already has enough jokes to be able to use them as running gags.:
1-calling chopper the emergency food supply (jokingly, he likes to tease ppl)
2-using shit as an adjective for.... everything
3-his obvious favoritism of Nami/Vivi/Robin
4-his weird slurrs of over-excitement(nami-SWAN, robin-CHWAN)
5-his first view of something is how it can be used as an ingredient/how to cook it
6-etc
Old 2006-10-19, 07:59   Link #17
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
if u think that when ur standing on ur hands and kicking someone and only ur legs are in danger than u never tried it...
he uses bere hands so he might cut them (I did that a lot), and if his kicks are so strong than if he misses with one of the strongest of them than by loosing his balance he might as well break his arm... but I guess his arms have some strengh too than

good joke was last time when Zoro asked him if he got lost XD
if sanji weakness to woman couldn't be a joke than what we could say about Ussop's fear or lying they both does it all the time

like Zoro said, each island made them stronger, so Sanji by going around the word is gaining strengh too... it's like Luffy can't use his Gear 2 or 3 for long, and Sanji couldn't keep his devil kicks for long too, but than I can see them using them it for long time in a combat and than coming up with another better technique
Sanji like Zoro will have to gain stronger atack to crash steel or iron (not only leaving his footprint)

it's shounen and as story for kids smoking should be bad, but it doesn't have such bad affection on body like in real world, it just might spoil food with the smoke that's all
Old 2006-10-19, 09:05   Link #18
S_C_L-1

even if he isnt hacking up black phlegm, itll still affect his cardio...

u know what centrifical force is right? all the inertia is in his legs. he just turns his hands on the ground so he doesnt fall flat on his face. and as previously said, hes got very dextrous/strong hands.

and anyway, a small cut on your hands can heal, its more like LOSING a hand thats the problem.
Old 2006-11-07, 06:39   Link #19
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
umm.. didn't sanji said he was orginally from north bue ??
then how did sanji met .. his old man if the later was on grandline ??
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:32   Link #20
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

They met after Zeff came back from Grand Line following his one-year trip there.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote