kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Cleo is 12 with that body???

Kids grow up so fast...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 20:06   Link #642
maplehurry

Quote:
He has no qualms about destroying another country (even though he does know the truth) for the benefit of his own.
I wonder if he knows about the other truth (the reason on why Hodr doesn't surrender).
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 20:07   Link #643
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Well this reminds me of some shows that were shown on the History Channel and Military Channel. I recall that there were some shows that did a in depth feature of NAZI officers that included what war crimes they committed and interviews with the surviving family members of the officers. What interested me was how a son or daughter would tell the interviewer on how their father was a kind and loving man and how they had very fond memories of this person. Yet, this same person would have a hand in executions of Jews and prisoners of war. You could pretty much say that the daughter has only seen the good side of Borcus and not know of some of the horrid things he did during the war.
Yeah, they wouldn't exactly tell their children about that. But it is interesting how if they were extremists in regards to racism, they'd be half-decent people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

Kids grow up so fast...
Well... they made her grow up a little quickly. Once they found out she can operate for so long, they did what they had to so they wouldn't have to wait. I am glad they gave an explanation though... them doing that for pure fan service would be...
Old 2011-02-02, 20:07   Link #644
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Interesting how a man like that can raise such a daughter like that. Unless she has some closet hobbies we don't know about, she is a very polite and well mannered young lady. It's a shame what's his name won't make it back alive.

Never make promises - never.
True enough but he obviously does not show his military side at home. He seems like a very doting father and probably a good father at that. So its no wonder that his daughter is well mannered. She probably has no real clue to the things her father has done or seen.

Im sure you can agree this man is dangerous for many reasons and i only listed 2. Any solider who is that patriotic and commands a following such as he does is not to be trifled with. Theres a blood bath coming
Old 2011-02-02, 20:09   Link #645
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yes, and Kir-- Rygart better get over killing people. Either decide to save them or kill them. It should be easier to save them though, just disable their mecha. To attack the core seems to be fairly difficult. It's nice to not have beam weaponry sometimes.
Old 2011-02-02, 20:17   Link #646
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

Kids grow up so fast...
maybe she got breast implants
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 21:50   Link #647
akei1
nani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
Cleo got breast quartz implants! That would explain her performance increase
akei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 22:13   Link #648
DummyInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by akei1 View Post
Cleo got breast quartz implants! That would explain her performance increase
her voice and figure are enough for a person to TPS her
Old 2011-02-02, 22:33   Link #649
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

movie 3 was ****ing spectacular
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 23:25   Link #650
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo562 View Post
No, hormones.
Old 2011-02-03, 00:04   Link #651
keyed

Spoiler for Movie 3:
Is this series really only going to be 6 episodes? It's rather short for something that has a sweeping feel to it. Isn't the manga 9+ volumes.
keyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 00:09   Link #652
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyed View Post
Spoiler for Movie 3:
Is this series really only going to be 6 episodes? It's rather short for something that has a sweeping feel to it. Isn't the manga 9+ volumes.
From what I remember what was reported from ANN, the six films are to cover six volumes from the series. Though I am thinking that there might be an original ending for the six film. If not, then I am hoping that there may be a chance for a continuation of the series when more volumes are released.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 01:38   Link #653
TrueKnight

Decent 3rd ep, awesome battle between Rygart and the Artemis' and Cleo showing her proddugy leet skills. As an avid reader of the comic/manga, I could say that Broken Blade truly is one of those few manga to anime adaptations which stays faithful to the manga.

Also as fan of the manga it pleases me that Borcuse finally made an appearance. For me the guy is probably one of the most ruthless, cunning, brilliant, genius and badass antagonist ever created in mecha stories in general. Can't wait for his expertise and fortes in future ep.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 06:01   Link #654
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

3rd episode is good, the action is nice and some cool moves by Rygart, and Cleo is Kira Yamato on this episode destroying robots without killing the pilots
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 09:12   Link #655
potchip

Don't think it's actually cool moves by Rygart..The thing is on auto-pilot whenever it got into trouble, imagine it with all the trims like ABS, electronic stability control etc.

Spoiler for random gripes:

Spoiler for Sigyn:
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 09:20   Link #656
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Interesting how a man like that can raise such a daughter like that. Unless she has some closet hobbies we don't know about, she is a very polite and well mannered young lady. It's a shame what's his name won't make it back alive.

Never make promises - never.
I probably bet that he will not only make it back, but also make it back victorious. Some miracles better come soon for krishna else it is a burning city with rygart kidnapping the royalty to safety in orlando....
Old 2011-02-03, 11:39   Link #657
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
I wonder if he knows about the other truth (the reason on why Hodr doesn't surrender).
Even if he did, I doubt he'd care. What does Athens want Hodr dead so badly if all they're interested in is their Quartz anyway? There has to be something more to this.
Old 2011-02-03, 12:07   Link #658
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Even if he did, I doubt he'd care. What does Athens want Hodr dead so badly if all they're interested in is their Quartz anyway? There has to be something more to this.
Hodr is loved by the people. As long as there's a king there's a problem. Since they want to take over Krishina it makes sense to kill the king, along with every other noble and insert their own. To be honest this smells more of plot-device then plot, but whatever.
Old 2011-02-03, 12:20   Link #659
anomono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They probably don't care, but merely want to make an example of them to crush any hope their people might have. What they want are obedient slaves to work in the mines and otherwise exploit.

Hell, even the ruler's own son is nothing but a tool to him, otherwise, why the secret? Once he discovers the truth, I expect he will turn on them, along with many of their own people.
anomono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 12:57   Link #660
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by anomono View Post
They probably don't care, but merely want to make an example of them to crush any hope their people might have. What they want are obedient slaves to work in the mines and otherwise exploit.

Hell, even the ruler's own son is nothing but a tool to him, otherwise, why the secret? Once he discovers the truth, I expect he will turn on them, along with many of their own people.
Actually by killing Hodr, his family and the nobles, they can get rid of any legitimate rulers of the kingdom who will rally the people to resist and overthrow the Athenians in the future.

As for your 2nd paragraph, if your referring to Zess and the Secretary of War, they're not father and son, they're brothers. Also Zess volunteer to do his solo invasion on his own which his older brother didn't approved.

Tags
action, adventure, mecha, science fiction, shounen