Old 2004-10-18, 13:36   Link #101
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Yakitate!! Japan-tte bayo~!!! XD
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 23:50   Link #102
Za Paper

I think this show looks good judging from the first episode. The jokes were funny and I'm in the mood for another good shounen anime. I hope I'm not the only one who thought naming a bakery Pantasia was incredibly witty.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 23:56   Link #103
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Was hooked from the minute SnoopyCool released the first chapter so long ago. The first episode has me thinking this will be an utterly brilliant representation of the manga too... can't wait to see some of the Meister's reactions and whatnot to the bread. :lol
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 00:38   Link #104
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
If no one minds me shamelessly sharing my deep dark secrets...Azuma's name has given me courage!.. since my first and last name ryhme too!

Anyway, about the anime, the glowing hands bothered me -__- alot. They really did it too much I think. If they glowed whenever someone would happen to be mentioning (or alluding to) solar hands then maaaybe I could understand. But to put them in places where they really had no context, like when Azuma was trying to get his grandpa to eat bread, things just get too shiny!

The manga's already so great, halfway through the episode I figured I wouldnt want to keep up with the anime, but then he got to pantasia and Tsukino was there and Kuroyan was there and KAWACHI!! So, there may be a lot of hand glowin' to come..but damnit Ill be there to watch it!!
Tzurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-22, 02:14   Link #105
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

What bothers me is the pacing... both episodes so far have long periods of mundane stuff that suddenly culminates in very hilarious scenes ( the after-reactions ). Those mundane scenes just do not do well to catch the interest and offset the pacing whereas they actually work in the manga to build interest for the hilarity. Some things just do not translate too well to on-screen, I guess. Not too certain but the first two episodes feel more like 'wait-for-the' reaction so far.

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-10-22 at 02:24.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 06:22   Link #106
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Kuroyanagi is great. And the voice fit well with his character. He sounds so evil specially when he's start saying "minus 10..." to those poor guys. ^^
Spoiler for screenshots ep 2:
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 13:05   Link #107
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

Spoiler:
DarknessTear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 14:40   Link #108
importkid

Send a message via AIM to importkid
this anime is great, i want more of this anime ^_^
importkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 15:04   Link #109
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Wow, I think they did a great job of translating the manga into the anime in this episode. Very well done.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 16:13   Link #110
ShikaShika
無罪

I've read the manga (well the first volume) and I love the anime so far, a rare combination for me these days. The translation into anime is pretty stellar so far I think, with the exception of glowing hands (of which there were none in this ep, except in the summary of the first ep).

I am also loving the music so far. I doubt it would stand out very much if you listened to it outside of the anime but it really suits the mood here. I especially like that piece that reminds me of the beginning of Queen's 'We Will Rock You'.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 17:31   Link #111
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Episode 2 was so hilarious. The reactions of tasting Kazuma's bread was gold, reminded me of that blonde from Mahoromatic who freaked out and screamed every time she ate Mahoro's cooking.
Old 2004-10-24, 20:43   Link #112
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

But...but...those voices will still take a LOT of getting used to. And it's just not as funny as the manga.

But I ain't gonna whine - it's a great anime and I think it's gonna get a whole lot better!
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 20:44   Link #113
daft27
Aim High, Fall Short

Send a message via AIM to daft27
Yea, I thought the judge for Pantasia was pretty funny. He was so serious and critical about everyone's bread... up till the point where he saw Kazuma's bread. His facial expressions from that point on are, as you said earlier, gold.
daft27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 23:34   Link #114
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Woah, I can't believe I haven't participated in this thread yet...

Anyway, as far as I see it, they've done a superb job moving the manga into anime form, especially considering the nature of the manga. I mean, we have a manga that relies very heavily on scientific explanations followed by stupidity (as I believe someone mentioned earlier), and in a manga situation, that works, but you can do things with it that you can't do in anime (like when Kuroyan has some giant ass explanation for something sqeezed into an eighth of the page, which provides the visual humor along with the mundane information needed to progress into the main joke. Given the restraints posed by the medium, they've done a fantastic job of breaking the anime up with comedy (at least thus far...).

I'm curious how they'll handle the 'umai' horse kanji pun that came up in volume 2 of the manga. That will be the first true test of how well the anime captures the feel of the original. If they can present something matching the impact of the manga in that scene, then I think they may be able to pull off making this a great show.

Still can't get used to Kawachi's voice, though... he sounds way too pussy, even for Kawachi. I mean, he'll sound like a fool when he's not all scrawny and still talking like he has a snake chomping on his crotch.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 23:44   Link #115
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Still can't get used to Kawachi's voice, though... he sounds way too pussy, even for Kawachi. I mean, he'll sound like a fool when he's not all scrawny and still talking like he has a snake chomping on his crotch.
I agree. Kawachi sounds too light while Azuma sounds too rough. Luckly I got caught up in the action of Episode 2 and completely forgot about the awkward VA. I hope that can happen more often.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 00:49   Link #116
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Muhaha! Episode 2 was almost exactly like a cooking show which I enjoy because I watch the Food Network a whole lot. Man, Kyosuke looked how I felt when Azuma asked him what a croissant was, lol . This anime now has my full attention and I look forward to the rest of it. My favorite character has to be Ryo the examiner cause he's just evil.
Old 2004-10-25, 00:50   Link #117
krusher

well ive never read the manga or heard of this show before (i did see the promo and thought it looked retarded), but ep 2 was damn funny

i thought all the voice acting is good and matched all the characters
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 01:54   Link #118
liquid_ion

It cracks me up when Kuroyanagi start drooling over Azuma's Ja-pan #16. LOL!!
liquid_ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 02:09   Link #119
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

this show is funny in a ridicilously stupid way. I mean I have eaten all kinds of bread and no bread made me have those over the top reactions like they do in the anime. It's so fucking funny man, I was watching episode two and wondering why I was watching a show about bread. They even have a zoro clone who is a baker lol
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 03:15   Link #120
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
this show is funny in a ridicilously stupid way. I mean I have eaten all kinds of bread and no bread made me have those over the top reactions like they do in the anime. It's so fucking funny man, I was watching episode two and wondering why I was watching a show about bread. They even have a zoro clone who is a baker lol
Lol, his bread makes me go "holy cow!!" o_0 That's more durable than a basket ball. XD
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote