Notices

Old 2011-03-09, 02:04   Link #3601
SpecialCase

wondering but could someone explain to me what the silver is
SpecialCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 09:30   Link #3602
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Unless I'm reading vol 16 wrongly(i better not be!), they're "parts" for the manifestation of the Serpent of Festivals created by feeding off the emotions of people to materialise them.
Old 2011-03-09, 10:18   Link #3603
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Also the Silver acts according to what the person who summoned it was truly feeling, so in Margery's case, it killed everyone that she wanted to kill and she took it the wrong way
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 11:35   Link #3604
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialCase View Post
wondering but could someone explain to me what the silver is
It would take to long to explain, and I'm not being mean but you could just google it.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 11:50   Link #3605
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Mistake. Shana and Yuji are the main characters, if either of them gets killed off the serie ends. In fact, Yuji was the first one to appear, even before than Shana. This serie got one male main character and one female main characters, both at the same level of importance.
The complications would have been good if Kazumi would have gotten overhelmed or obbligated, but she just got on it because she wanted to be with Sakai... *facepalm* Even when she got rejected, she went "Ohh you want to destroy the word? Can I be next to you? Plzzzz"... Come on... Don't tell me that isn't retard enough to get somebody pissed... If she solves it by sacrificing herselft then it's good, she solves the problem and will be remembered as another good character
I can't say anything about Ike, he didn't really do anything. But you can't compare him, it's like if I'd say that the Tomogara #1 on the extras is better than Friagne... It's just pointless.
Hmmmm.........ok if shana is the main character than why does the novel read from yuji's point of view? And shana is a MAJOR character but not the MAIN character. Big difference. I do agree though that kazumi is a barbie.....but she's still a nice girl.

I will compare Ike.Although he will probably be swept under the rug in season 3,he had a lot of roles in seasons 1+2. And saying he's just as important as tomogara #1 is a huge understatement. You can't deem everyone who's not yuji and shana useless.
Old 2011-03-09, 11:52   Link #3606
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakai Yuji
“What looks like an armor here isn't really a Crimson Denizen, but rather it is made from the materialized emotional fragments from humans. It is a reflection of the intense emotions from all corners of the world, and all periods of time. It is what people often refer to as the mirror in one's heart...”

(...)

“It is merely a phenomenon that appears beside humans with intense emotions, it acts out the desires and wishes of the one it collects emotions from, and thus copies the form of existence of those emotions. The “I” that is created this way is merely an object.”
I'll let the explanation to the novel itselft

ED: @pancakaes: Even if it does read from Yuji's viewpoint, that doesn't mean that Shana is less or more important, I consider someone a principal character when his/her dead means the end of the serie. Here I can easily say that Willhelmina, Margery or Kazumi would be a big loss, but not an end of SnS. Not everybody is useless, but not everybody got to get to the end of the serie.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:06   Link #3607
pancakes
*Author

quote:Well I can't argue with SkyFlames about that, that would be quite silly to do. But it appears that Kazumi is a love-struck girl that just can't get over the fact that she was dumped by Yuji, of course this is a rare dedication, but quite commemorable. She did make the love relationship a little more complicated, but she also got Shana to start noticing her feelings for Yuji by starting that rivalry. Although those feelings would have developed naturally, Kazumi only pushed those feelings quicker.

Well she did more than that, she became really good friends with shana, she made yuji realize that he's more of a human than anyone else, she made shana realize her feelings and made her act upon them, she is also a good character which really helps the story take off, and many more. Don't overlook the small things. Saying she made the story a "little" more complicatied is really half assing it.

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-03-10 at 09:16.
Old 2011-03-09, 12:14   Link #3608
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
I'll let the explanation to the novel itselft

ED: @pancakaes: Even if it does read from Yuji's viewpoint, that doesn't mean that Shana is less or more important, I consider someone a principal character when his/her dead means the end of the serie. Here I can easily say that Willhelmina, Margery or Kazumi would be a big loss, but not an end of SnS. Not everybody is useless, but not everybody got to get to the end of the serie.
I didn't say that yuji was more important. I feel that he is the main character, but somehow shana is equal to him in importance.
Old 2011-03-09, 16:18   Link #3609
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

About this whole main character thing, think about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the plot was narrated by Kyon while Haruhi was the major deal of the show.
Old 2011-03-09, 18:13   Link #3610
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Okay. Um. Somebody said, I think pancakes, that novels have Yuji's PoV. But I think I saw once Shana's in novel 17, last chapter. Oh, and thanks pancakes for the explanation. If that was in one of the fillers in the anime, I forgot it or I wasn't listening (The... Shana's name thing)
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 18:19   Link #3611
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

The novels are not told by Yuji's PoV, nor Shana's. The story is just told as the events happen to different characters. Yuji and Shana are the main characters of the series and the PoV changes depending on who is currently being explored.

Throughout the series we have had the story told from Yuji's, Shana's, Yoshida's, hell even the villains get their own moment where thinks are in their point of views...
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 23:50   Link #3612
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
I read somewhere that Shana is the main character of the series/ novels and everything, but in the second season one part focussed on Yuji when he had to make the decision to go with Shana or stay in the City. I believe this is on Wiki NOT Shakugan.wikia. Maybe both but I've only checked Wikipedia.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 10:37   Link #3613
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Everything I have found related to SnS always indicates that Yuji is the male lead character and Shana is the female lead character. Anyways, why are we discussing this in first place? We all know that both got the same importance in this moment of the novel.
Old 2011-03-10, 10:39   Link #3614
pancakes
*Author

(sighs)damn this is gonna be a long post. Better change my avatar...............Alright that looks good.

To start off, hooves I'm not that big on anime and I really only like two shows. One is shakugan no shana, which I'm obsessed with, and the other is eureka seven, which is getting their. I really don't like most other anime so your gonna have to fill me in on The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. As I don't watch a variety of shows. And yes the novel does change point of views, but a novel has to sometimes to reveal new information. If we only knew what yuji saw I would not know what a spoon is. . So it's only natural that the book changes perspectives. Besides, it stays in yujis pov for like 80% of the time. And I think it's safe to say that since yuji's departure, shana, in a way, has become the main character. Although until then, yuji was the main character.

Yuji and shana are both really important, however, yujis just that smidge more. Which makes the story revolve around him. But the reason why you see shana so much especially when you see shakugan no shana, is because she is the image. She's on the novel covers, she is on the posters, she is on the dvds, she has the wierd hentai pictures that people make(freaks), and she has the name of the show. Shakugan no SHANA. But, that's not to say that that's a bad thing. She fits it well. A lot better than yuji would. When it comes down to it though, yuji is the star.

Now here are some pictures to lighten the mood.

http://www.animeparty.info/pics/publ...na_Special.jpg

http://randomc.net/image/Shakugan%20no%20Shana

http://www.asianpopcorn.com/battle_i...7022207503.jpg

http://sayonaraai.files.wordpress.co...gan0205004.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_abkMP58OLU...and+burger.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/phot...9-1280-720.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_abkMP58OLU...+Ike+happy.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig05/10055921.jpg

http://i-a.animepaper.net/thumbnails...m-b557e773.jpg
Old 2011-03-10, 10:49   Link #3615
pancakes
*Author

damn....my captions didn't make it in.

REPOST

Pic 1-cool novel picture
Pic 2-Forbidden (damn)
Pic 3-Pretty awesome picture
Pic 4-NOOOO!!!!!!!!!Kill him now!!!Before he turns god yuji and kills everyone for their insolence!!!
Pic 5-Here's Wilhelmina eating a burger.........
Pic 6-One day.........wait?!why are they naked?!
Pic 7-nerd
Pic 8-ahhh you silly japanese people
Pic 9-For you shana addicts,here's shana's butt. Yuji you lucky sob.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-03-10 at 19:26.
Old 2011-03-10, 16:38   Link #3616
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I always wondered why Wilhelmina would be eating a hamburger on that day also the last picture is 403 forbidden (darrrrnnnn.....)
Old 2011-03-10, 18:05   Link #3617
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Epic pictures xD My mom was sleeping in a room beside mine's so I had to hold myself from laughing at the Ike picture. From Shana-tan xD
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 19:19   Link #3618
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I always wondered why Wilhelmina would be eating a hamburger on that day also the last picture is 403 forbidden (darrrrnnnn.....)
Lol did you see her scarf it down? I was STUNNED!

Oh and shana's butt didn't make it in their? 403 forbidden!!!???

I'll fix that.........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shakugan-no-Shan...item4aa3339d45

There. Now were all happy. Kazumi and Shana.............except kazumi's allllllllll the way in the back. Cause I know that's what SkyFlames wants to see. Kazumi out of the picture.........and Shana's butt hogging 80% of the screen.
Old 2011-03-10, 19:31   Link #3619
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

lol'd
for you there is only haters and lovers, too bad that you don't get what a "middle point" it is
Old 2011-03-10, 19:39   Link #3620
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
lol'd
for you there is only haters and lovers, too bad that you don't get what a "middle point" it is
lol, I thought you would like it. Don't worry, I'm always thinking of you Shana addicts.

Now you Bel-peol addicts.......WE DON'T WANT ANY.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen