Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-03, 11:57   Link #161
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Oh really? Mind showing me the manga picture?
Look for the "Prettiest Girl in Manga" thread in the manga forum. Tons of pics of her there. I posted many of them.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 12:14   Link #162
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Episode three...hmm...

All I need to say is that if not for being a rabid fan of this manga, I probably wouldn't download any more episodes.

They just don't seem to get the TIMING right! I've yet to laugh once at the anime.

It's only episode three. The best is still to come. Must keep telling myself that.

If you're interested in what the hand-licking scene looked like in the manga (at this stage, Tsukino was MUCH more mysterious to me in the manga as opposed to in the anime, and not just because I've already read the manga), here it is (taken from snoopycool's version):

Link

-BonBon
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 12:33   Link #163
ato
Oups...

Oh, I feel like a bread purist, but was noone else bothered by the fact that the bread that Kazuma baked in the initial contest was not a naan at all? It looked more like a strangely shaped papadam to me, an it had that kind of crispyness as well...

But ok, maybe they really needed the Fuji-shape and the 何/naan joke at the same time. Artistical freedom and so on
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 13:18   Link #164
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonBon
Episode three...hmm...

All I need to say is that if not for being a rabid fan of this manga, I probably wouldn't download any more episodes.

They just don't seem to get the TIMING right! I've yet to laugh once at the anime.

It's only episode three. The best is still to come. Must keep telling myself that.
I feel exactly the same way. The anime so far hasn't even come close to reaching the greatness of the manga.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 10:32   Link #165
ShikaShika
無罪

I don't agree at all. Some hand glowing aside, I think the anime has made a brilliant job of transferring the manga to the screen. Though Tsukino's voice is a bit off, I like all the others.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 11:03   Link #166
updatedude

Can't say I enjoy it that much thus far, but I'm hoping it'll get better. I didn't really get hooked on the manga till around the end of the what's ep 3 anywho.

Voices seem a bit off to me. Maybe they're right for the earlier chaps, but overall, not as much. Pros and cons I suppose.

Spoiler:

In terms of the voices, it's mostly nitpicking on my end. Actually, am I getting used to his voice or has Azuma's voice been lightened in ep 3? Seems slightly less abrassive.

The thing that gets to me though, are the reactions. Kuroyanagi's reactions are terrific, but I think they've overplayed the comedic/visual aspects of the series. Like, in ep 2, the reactions of the other hopefuls to Kuroyan's comments seem overplayed. And Suwabara's baking style... I know he's a samurai/swordsman type, and a show needs to clearly distinguish its characters and give them, well, character. But his baking style seems a bit over the top to me. At least for the earlier portions of the series.

Still gonna follow this of course, hoping Tsukino will come into her full sexy cuteness as the series progresses as it did in the manga. And Kuroyan seems so well cast, was iffy at first, but he's rather nigh perfect now that I've seen ep 2.
updatedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 18:55   Link #167
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I thought this anime would be odd. But its so hilarious!!!!I can't wait for more
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 11:43   Link #168
dark-alchemist
i prefer udon to ramen!

hmmm is anime-empire being late on subbing this anime? i've been waiting but it doesn't seem to be coming...
dark-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 12:32   Link #169
7thMethuselah

I was very sceptic at first when I read the anime was about baking bread but so far I like it and I'm liking it more and more as I see more episodes. I hope they can keep this up. Too bad I have no clue about baking bread so half the "technical" info is lost to me
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 20:54   Link #170
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

In episode 5, the anime crew has created some moments of their own. Quite funny slapstick spoofing Fist of the North Star and DBZ
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 22:43   Link #171
Rarity

I watched the first 3 eps and then read the first 6 chapters of the manga. To my mind, the anime follows the manga very faithfully so far. A fun anime.
Rarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 00:03   Link #172
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

I've realised that this show is shown at an earlier time slot (7:30 pm I think) and I was just wondering, how would they implement the later parts of the manga if you know what I mean. Monica people, hehe.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 12:22   Link #173
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
I've realised that this show is shown at an earlier time slot (7:30 pm I think) and I was just wondering, how would they implement the later parts of the manga if you know what I mean. Monica people, hehe.
What about Monica? I've read up to the beginning of volume 13 and don't really remember anything that might have to be left out if shown on national TV? Unless
Spoiler for manga vol 12:
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 02:15   Link #174
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Looks like longevity isn't going to be a problem for this show. It's regularly in the top ten in Japan's anime TV ratings.

I'm still waiting for Bleach to get up there too. I can't believe the ppl there prefer Blackjack over Bleach.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 03:15   Link #175
Enmakenryuu

does anyone know if anyone but A-E is subbing? ive been waiting about 2 weeks for epp 4.....this and Beck are my 2 faverite new shows on....bleach is good to..but beck and this are to cool...
Enmakenryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 04:04   Link #176
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enmakenryuu
does anyone know if anyone but A-E is subbing? ive been waiting about 2 weeks for epp 4.....this and Beck are my 2 faverite new shows on....bleach is good to..but beck and this are to cool...
Patience my friend ^_^
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 08:50   Link #177
Asura Zanmaden
A-E Timer/Slacker

Send a message via AIM to Asura Zanmaden Send a message via Yahoo to Asura Zanmaden
Patience is something that does not exist in todays' leechers.
Asura Zanmaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 09:19   Link #178
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

A more pure truth has never been uttered.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 09:58   Link #179
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Bread is funny? I'm wondering if I should try this one out, is there anything to compare it to?
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 11:41   Link #180
dark-alchemist
i prefer udon to ramen!

erm.. which episode has this anime stop so far? i lost track coz A-E haven been releasing so far..
dark-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote