AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-04-21, 23:47   Link #641
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deconstructor View Post
I have a feeling the new employee downstairs is just going to be another one of Okarin's "lab partners" because of her constant curiosity.

There's a common theory floating around she's also John Titor... I admit there's a lot of circumstantial evidence to support this. No one has pointed out that Titor asked Okarin to meet in person, which the part-time girl did immediately before Okarin checked @channel. If Titor knows as much as he/she suggests, then he could probably figure out Okarin's address and go there. Kind of coincidental, how perfectly her employment downstairs lines up with Okarin experiencing time-travel craziness. But most likely, she's just another otaku reading one too many imageboards.
Well she is the top billed girl after Kuristina and Moeyuri.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:56   Link #642
Marina2

Offical site posted many tips of each ep. on their site

http://steinsgate.tv/story/index.html

Too bad, I can't read Japanese and google translate doesn't help much......... T_T
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 13:21   Link #643
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Just getting caught-up on this awesome show. Thanks to the mods for stamping out all the spoilers! I hate the plot being spoiled, especially for a show like this.

Mayushii is just so cute and adorble. I love her in every scene. I've been a fan of Hanazawa Kana since Zegapain. I could listen to her voice all day. "Duturu~" .... hnnnggg...

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
That's the point - you're not meant to know what's really going on for a full mindblowing effect.
I didn't really like the first episode. It just felt like they threw too much in there, before we even got a proper setup & introduction. For a show like this, I think it works better to get a nice solid beginning, and THEN start introducing the weirdness, so the viewers can clearly see what's 'normal', and what's 'not normal'. Glad things slowed down in Ep.2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah that is seriously some messed up stuff. Probably why Okarin had to say over and over again that Ruka is a guy . Helps to hammer it home not only for himself, but for us all.
Speaking of mindblowing, I did not see that coming at all:
"Wahh.. a Miko! So cute! Okarin is saying something.. whatever.."
"Aww.. she's all flustered! ..why is Okarin still talking.."
"Hnng.. so adorable... wait... what did Okarin say... something..."
"... huh? wat? WHAT!?!?!?!?! "
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Quote:
At first, I was glad for someone serious like Makise Kurisu. Then she and Okarin kept calling each other perverts.
Totally agree. It seems many people liked this, but it was mostly childish name calling. I think some WITTY banter would have been much more appropriate between 2 scientists.. Oh well. I'll chalk it up to Okarin's idiocy rubbing off on Kurisu.

Can't wait for Ep.4! ~Duturu!
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 14:06   Link #644
supertonia

Okarin is the best Mad Scientist <333
Old 2011-04-22, 18:28   Link #645
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow usually it's the female characters that end up annoying me lately in anime, but here it's actually the dudes. Kurisu and Mayuri are for the most part fairly well adjusted and reasonable, while it's Pantsu 2.0 and Rintaro that come across as a little too loud and annoying. Pantsu is obsessed with his eroge and seems kind of useless so far, while Rintaro apparently has mad issues with shaking Kurisu's hand and is starting to come across as flat out rude and anti-social.

If there's one thing that honestly annoys me it's when somebody refuses to shake someone else's hand when it's offered. I don't care what excuse a person might have, if somebody offers you their hand it's simply the base level of courtesy to shake it. No exceptions.

Plot is still really intriguing, but it's about time that Rintaro smartens up a little bit because he's getting hard to identify with. I think my favourite character so far is Kurisu because she's by comparison a pretty normal level-headed person in a really wacky world with some really bat shit over the top characters. Even when she was giving Rintaro a hard time last episode it was done in such a way that she had every right to because he kept standing up and interrupting her lecture (another thing that makes him come across as flat out needlessly rude) and she, instead of being a stereotypical tsundere, kindly invited him into a debate and proceeded to own him with her logic, research and facts. That was a good scene.

By the way has this article about the LHC been mentioned yet?

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-04-22 at 18:41.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 20:26   Link #646
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
If there's one thing that honestly annoys me it's when somebody refuses to shake someone else's hand when it's offered. I don't care what excuse a person might have, if somebody offers you their hand it's simply the base level of courtesy to shake it. No exceptions.
I think you may be hitting on a culture barrier there. I wouldn't find it surprising if Okarin's upbringing makes him feel like he shouldn't shake hands with a girl he is not intimate/engaged with. I'm not that familiar with the Japanese culture but it wouldn't surprise me if I got this down at least close to being right.
Old 2011-04-22, 23:12   Link #647
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Every time I've ever met a Japanese person, male or female, the first thing they've wanted to do is to shake my hand. I never offer it first, because I honestly prefer their no-touch bowing.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 03:24   Link #648
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Every time I've ever met a Japanese person, male or female, the first thing they've wanted to do is to shake my hand. I never offer it first, because I honestly prefer their no-touch bowing.
do you meet them in japan or america?

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 03:39   Link #649
Forsaken_Infinity

Lolwut. So you find him annoying for not shaking her hand right away? Its not like he wasn't gonna do it had she kept it out. He hesitated a bit, which is completely understandable if you are from a culture where handshakes aren't the norm, and especially considering that the person who offered the handshake happens to be from the other sex. I don't mean to deny that he is somewhat anti-social.. that was the whole point of the scene to begin with. To show us that he is somewhat reserved etc. despite his hyperactive facade. But annoying because of that? Not quite. The way he keeps spouting nonsense has to be much more annoying. But to each his own I guess.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 06:15   Link #650
KeithKurogane
Recorder of World Lines

Spoiler:

I just found this on the Levelup Games forums. XD
Old 2011-04-23, 11:12   Link #651
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I’m trying to get what the hell is going on, and failing. Actually aside from Kristina dieing and coming back not much really happened. This better start getting more eventful or making more sense soon.
Old 2011-04-23, 13:33   Link #652
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
do you meet them in japan or america?
I've never been to Japan. According to friends who have, they tend to do the same thing there.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 13:58   Link #653
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I've been to Japan three times and never once has a Japanese person I've met wanted to shake my hand.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:44   Link #654
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I’m trying to get what the hell is going on, and failing. Actually aside from Kristina dieing and coming back not much really happened. This better start getting more eventful or making more sense soon.
Sometimes, the search for truth takes a little bit of time. You can see Okarin gathering information and piecing it together. I'm sure something exciting is going to happen next episode...
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 15:35   Link #655
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Sometimes, the search for truth takes a little bit of time. You can see Okarin gathering information and piecing it together.
Yeah, I really enjoy WTF shows like this. Where all kinds of weirdness is occurring and the characters struggle to figure it out & put the pieces together. I can see how some people would find it boring though.
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 16:31   Link #656
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Yeah, I really enjoy WTF shows like this. Where all kinds of weirdness is occurring and the characters struggle to figure it out & put the pieces together. I can see how some people would find it boring though.
It’s not boring. If nothing else the character interactions are interesting enough, however I kind wish the main plot would haul some ass a little faster. I feel we should have already reached a point where speculation is possible. There’s too much stagnation on the “it’s something special to do with the phone” thing, I pretty much got that in episode 1, and it was confirmed in episode 2 (at the start) so let’s move on already, maybe he can actually start using it and such. It’s such a tease whenever he’s flinging it around, since it’s pretty obvious something is going to happen (again).

Oh well, at least we’re getting a lot of interesting characters coming in. Can’t be unhappy with that.
Old 2011-04-23, 16:33   Link #657
xizro345
King's Justice

I'm liking the series so far, but again I was a little spoiled since I knew the game for a while. I think it's definitely a good adaptation for now, and the cast is really good. If I have to nitpick, I'm bothered by Yukarin's character since it's like I'm hearing someone else she did in the past, it's kind of distracting.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 16:37   Link #658
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It’s not boring. If nothing else the character interactions are interesting enough, however I kind wish the main plot would haul some ass a little faster. I feel we should have already reached a point where speculation is possible. There’s too much stagnation on the “it’s something special to do with the phone” thing, I pretty much got that in episode 1, and it was confirmed in episode 2 (at the start) so let’s move on already, maybe he can actually start using it and such. It’s such a tease whenever he’s flinging it around, since it’s pretty obvious something is going to happen (again).

Oh well, at least we’re getting a lot of interesting characters coming in. Can’t be unhappy with that.
It's a 24 episode adaptation, so it's taking it's time to build up the atmosphere and plot. We'll appreciate this slow pace and attention to detail later on.
Old 2011-04-23, 16:40   Link #659
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
It's a 24 episode adaptation, so it's taking it's time to build up the atmosphere and plot. We'll appreciate this slow pace and attention to detail later on.
24 episode? really? Interesting.

Thanks for the heads up. The current pace makes sense if that’s the case.
Old 2011-04-23, 16:48   Link #660
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

It's nice to see some people speculate over what could be going on here, in contrast to simply playing the game or see the wiki (but then again, the game is in Japanese, so yeah).

Also, since I've only been active in the net since the past 5 years, I didn't really know about John Titor. Can someone give a link showing what happened in the internet then?

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation