Old 2011-04-30, 12:45   Link #21
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You're not supposed to run into Rance on your first playthough IIRC

Seriously.. he will ruin your game
Well it happened Apparently he only appears when you start getting a little more aggressive on the Soviets and take up to 3 territories from them. Then a meteor event occurs and the connection between your planets and theirs are cut off for now until you start fixing it (by the time the Germans fall against the pressure of the Soviets, Gamericans, Aeris, and French) Rance and the Horse are a pain.... 625 laser power + 1300 gun power... But the army they have is sorta weak if you can just take down troops with 1400 gun power before they make a move. I already beated his forces back to the capital, but keeping him alive for now till I am able to fully focus on him without having to station more troops somewhere else to defend against invasions.
Old 2011-04-30, 13:53   Link #22
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well it happened Apparently he only appears when you start getting a little more aggressive on the Soviets and take up to 3 territories from them. Then a meteor event occurs and the connection between your planets and theirs are cut off for now until you start fixing it (by the time the Germans fall against the pressure of the Soviets, Gamericans, Aeris, and French) Rance and the Horse are a pain.... 625 laser power + 1300 gun power... But the army they have is sorta weak if you can just take down troops with 1400 gun power before they make a move. I already beated his forces back to the capital, but keeping him alive for now till I am able to fully focus on him without having to station more troops somewhere else to defend against invasions.
that part about Alice games really annoy me. In everyone of the Alice Slg if you start taking terrority before a certain time the games does something annoying to stop you.
Old 2011-04-30, 14:17   Link #23
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It can be annoying or helpful depending on your situation To me it was sorta helpful since I can station my troops somewhere else instead of defending on 5 multiple fronts. But it only lasts for 3 turns... Once you take atleast 1 territory from the Soviets, don't advance any further until you take out another nation.. Trust me.. Since the Gamericans are practically stuck at that one chokepoint line with all those carriers you can do nothing against them until you get a ship that can deflect planes. The Soviets have that -50% damage unless you have the orange balloon unit, so atleast forcing the Soviets to have to focus on one point can be less stressful for your fleet. So the only target is Aeris.

If you don't join the Axis, then the Soviets will back off for now But that means no German officers for you.
Old 2011-04-30, 14:47   Link #24
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
I'm aiming to get Retia Adolf in my party I defiantly need to join the Axis so I can get the U-Boats they give me. Especially the submarines that come later on.
In order to get Retia, you have to let the Axis be destroyed. If you help them too much with Aeris they turn on you. Also once you take Hawaii you have to deal with CORE

Rance comes no matter what once you get 10+ territories.
Old 2011-04-30, 15:44   Link #25
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
In order to get Retia, you have to let the Axis be destroyed. If you help them too much with Aeris they turn on you. Also once you take Hawaii you have to deal with CORE

Rance comes no matter what once you get 10+ territories.
Even if you join the Axis they will turn on you? o.o

But yes! Finally got Retia Adolf But wasted 3 events to get her to join, but certainly worth it! I'll be sure to stay clear of Hawaii till I clear other nations such as Aeris and Soviet for now then. What makes Rance the perfect opponent is the fact I have to take out all 3 groups in order to beat him... Each with 3 people that have 600 Short Range power with the exception of Rance and his unicorn slave..

Edit: You also have to talk to Donitz twice in order to get Retia.. Or else she will just leave your group and no Retia for you.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-04-30 at 16:50.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 04:25   Link #26
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Eh... did they actually give Rance a voice?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 04:57   Link #27
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Notta, he is still apparently voiceless (Apparently Rance represents Mongolia based on how his minions are dressed)
Old 2011-05-02, 14:16   Link #28
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Notta, he is still apparently voiceless (Apparently Rance represents Mongolia based on how his minions are dressed)
So once Ghenghis Rance takes a planet, he massacre all the man and rape all the women?
Old 2011-05-02, 15:15   Link #29
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Once he appears he instantly takes all 3 territories you have in China. He has alot of women at his capital (which means basically yes he does) There is also a heroine that is the victim of Rance that you can capture once you beat him.
Old 2011-05-02, 15:18   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
So once Ghenghis Rance takes a planet, he massacre all the man and rape all the women?
According to the name, he's actually Rance Hahn, not Genghis Rance. And to be fair, he doesn't always kill the men. Gotta keep some tools around, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 15:38   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Once he appears he instantly takes all 3 territories you have in China. He has alot of women at his capital (which means basically yes he does) There is also a heroine that is the victim of Rance that you can capture once you beat him.
I can see a lot of future Alice games featuring rescuing girls form Rance as a side quest.
Old 2011-05-02, 16:07   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You can think of it as a rescue mission since she does fight for him But Rance probably used his persuasion skills he used in Sengoku Rance to do that

I don't know why... But seeing the Statue of Liberty firing lasers made me laugh...

Spoiler for Liberty Power!:

You just got to love the Propaganda Master's imagination

Spoiler for I support!:
Old 2011-05-02, 16:12   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
You can think of it as a rescue mission since she does fight for him But Rance probably used his persuasion skills he used in Sengoku Rance to do that
was it Ran? seems like the poor girl was suffering form stockholm syndrome

Quote:
I don't know why... But seeing the Statue of Liberty firing lasers at Retia Adolf made me laugh...

Spoiler for Liberty Power!:

You just got to love the Propaganda Master's imagination

Spoiler for I support!:
is the SoL running on slime?
Old 2011-05-02, 16:19   Link #34
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
was it Ran? seems like the poor girl was suffering form stockholm syndrome
It's a completely different girl from no other Rance game (or so I'm aware of) this is her.

Spoiler for Picture:

Or maybe she had a free ticket from getting raped by Rance since she fought for him? But then leave it to Togo to use his seductive skills to get her to join your side
Old 2011-05-02, 16:24   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
It's a completely different girl from no other Rance game (or so I'm aware of) this is her.

Spoiler for Picture:

Or maybe she had a free ticket from getting raped by Rance since she fought for him? But then leave it to Togo to use his seductive skills to get her to join your side
we are talking about Rance here.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:30   Link #36
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

There seems to be a big update for Daiteikoku players recently.. With patch 1.02 you can now add custom admirals to your roster, and best of all you can make them however you want (but not too powerful). So for example you wanted to add some characters from Sengoku Rance, now you can! But only limited to 2 custom admirals per playthrough. Some people even put up some G-Senjou no Maou characters

Spoiler for Proof:

There is also news of a hidden English translation, or that's probably fan-based. But rumors of a beta English patch has been found, but never fully claimed yet, so we may never know if this is either real or a prank until the full releases.

Spoiler for Hmm:

How you have saved us so many troubles from previous versions patch 1.02 Many players are already accepting this patch with full arms since it makes the game even more playable and less-time consuming then it originally was. Especially if you went with the Third Reich route with all those Tier 5-6 ships they have against your Tier 1-2 ships.

Spoiler for Patch 1.02 Notes:
Old 2011-05-14, 12:35   Link #37
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

so we can finally have the Ryouga vs Rance showdown.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:39   Link #38
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

If you so desire, then yes Just need to figure out how to make custom admirals and get an image of the character you want.
Old 2011-06-15, 02:02   Link #39
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
we are talking about Rance here.
Actually Rance did not arpe her. He could not catch her as she was too fast.

Also taking over Hawaii will not trigger Core. Its taking USJ will trigger Core.

After taking over Hawaii you can t=do teh wrap gate events to discover the Canada route. If you take Canada before USJ you can prevent CORE from triggering.

You have to know few things.

Dont take oer all China before turn 4 or so if you want Hanitora.

You should do Hanitora's H event as your first event (since three turns after it her other event will trigger and then you are safe to take over china's last planet).

Hanitora, if you dont do her events has a very neat skill called Idol. It gives three points in taking over planet, meaning you will capture planets with her in no time.

If you do her events she gets some nice boosts in stats but her skill changed to battle skill which gives you +10% damage against males and -10% damage from males attacking you.

Now as for taking Hawaii - I usually prefer waiting till Tougo gets Maki shield to take it over (happens around turn 7 or so).

But taking Hawaii to fast will make you miss one special character - Gigamacro.

To get Gigamacro (who specializes on fighting disasters) you need to take over the Manila2000 as well as the territory next to Hawaii then do all Microlita events BEFORE taking over Hawaii and when Gigamacro appears in one of the Microlita events (Microlita is that small cute girl with leafs) you are safe to take over Hawaii then do his events and Gigamacro will join you.

He isnt great (as you cant equip ships) but he has +30% damage against disasters and deals 510 laser damage.

To be ablke to do wrap agte events to discover Canada route you need to Trigger rance by either taking Hawaii or Saudo Arabia before turn 30.

Daiteikoku doesnt have turn limits but some events do dissapear with time.

So if you want to avoid core and get more generals - trigger rance before turn 30. You also have to do all Donitz events (the germany admiral girl with glasses) events fats to be able to get Adolf after Germany is taken down. Germany will be taken down around turn 30 (depends if you sent 3000 resources for them or not, if you did they will last few turns longer).

If however you take a suez before the fgermany looses the territory next to Suez you will enter the germany rooute and in there Adolf will not loose war and in fact they and you build to big countries that will clash with each other.

Aldo do try to do all events with Izumi as fast as possible. She is black haired Nadeko type of girl who comes together with Take (mean looking japanese guy).

If you choose Japanization plan, Taka will always leave taking Izumi with him, but you can prevent Izumi from leaving if you did all her events before that (Taka comes sooon after you took over Manila 200 which triggers the choice between Japanization plan and not).

Mau Mau events are also time bound. If you dont do her events they will be gone. To get Mau Mau you need to take over Kenya without destroying her fleet.

The two hired girls you can hire from Pluepet will leave you after 10 fights (doesnt matter defensive or ofensive ones). To prevent them from leaving you need to do all their events.

Visber (the laser girl, crazy about money) events are easier to do. On the other hand to complete Alps events (the shy, poor mislle girl) you need to take over South Africa and trigger her events.

Charlotte (france girl) is only recruitable in the germany route (means form axis, do Japanization and take over Suez before Germany starts loosing their territories).

Toluca (the australian monster princess) you can get only on non-Japanizitation route. To get her do all her events and then choose first option. In a Japanization you can still do her events but all you get is a H scene but wont be able to recruit her.

Also to be able to build some big ships you need to loose two Japan invasion battles.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-06-15 at 02:35.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-15, 10:17   Link #40
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Sugoi Darknemo2000 o.o, I thank you for spending the time to type all of this out. I just finished the Maki route so now I have all the routes down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Spoiler for Hanitora:
Hanitora overall is not all that amazing in battle, so for routes such as Scarlett Route, I merely use her to stabalize colonies faster then Mugen can and use Mugen more on the frontlines. But she is quite ideal for routes such as non-Japanization routes where time is on your side and you get the full benefit of colonies instead of having to go fast and have reduced recourses from Japanization routes. But after your first H on her, she will practically try to blackmail Togo, then she will learn what happens when you try to blackmail a seductive monster that Togo is

Also to avoid CORE like you said, you practically have to do 2 events that involves your loli scientist Hiraga. If you get events that involve you spending 10,000 cash. Those events are there to reduce the price for ships/price for tech by 5% each time you do it. So for dragging wars with the Third Reich where they have 3-5 level ships against your 1-2 level ships since you basically have to blitz things (I just found out that you can blitz Gamerica, and once they are taken down it practically already starts you in the Germany route).

Quote:
Spoiler for Gigamacro:
The best option would be to preserve Togo until the battle of fates with Hawaii, that way you have a 100% chance of Maki using her overpowered shielding to have Togo deal with the annoying aircraft fighters on Hawaii all by himself (he will need more then 2 weapon slots though to fully pull this off) You can even do what I did in my second playthrough and just blitz Hawaii before Gamerica can do anything (although that serves to do nothing but weaken Rance) The only benefits to bum-rushing Gamerica before turn 5 is that they can't use lasers for that one turn wherever you attack them

To reduce stress of the constant attacking of your territories, this is where Ugaki Sakura is useful (you can get him by just casually triggering his events) where he will create a blue field around the territory he is in and that will reduce the chance of enemies attacking your territory. The best thing to deal with Rance though is to save Yamashita's one-shot ability (you can get this by triggering her events and getting past her first H scene). That's if you are in a desperate situation against Rance and just need to take him down as quickly as possible.

Spoiler for Turn 9:

Quote:
Spoiler for Getting other characters:
But the Rance event basically triggers when you take the following places. Hawaii, Cherinobu (Russia), Suez (which will also trigger the Suez side-route), or Kenya.

Well you'll still get the 4 girls from Gamerica regardless of the route you go for. But having Douglass is just profitable, both comical and on the battlefield I must say his events are by far the funniest in this entire game without any opposition. *whispers* Also to get Alps' H scene (quite a sneaky bugger) you have to have Gigamacro's events. But never knew I could recruit the french girl so this is news to me

Quote:
Also to be able to build some big ships you need to loose two Japan invasion battles.
I love the ships
Spoiler for Space Battleship Yamato!!!!!: