Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like TEA ?
YES 164 85.86%
NO 27 14.14%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-11-08, 08:53   Link #41
LynnieS

Tea? Someone, quick! Start a thread about coffee to compete!

Back onto topic. Yes, I'm a coffee guy, but every so often, I have a cup of tea to de-stress. Not really about the caffeine, but it seems to be more calming. I like a cup of oolong tea, which is my favorite since I drank it when I was young, but a green one. I find the black oolong tea, or black teas in general, tastes too strong and, IMHO, bitter.

Jasmine tea, for some reason, really reminds me of the boxed drink that is jasmine tea-flavoured. Really sweet and can be brassy tasting. Yuck.

On days when nothing - or everything - goes right, though, I break out my hidden stash of the Silver Needle tea, which is a white tea. It's a bit sweet - and would be hurt if you put sugar in it - and light in taste.

Macha, the powdered green tea, is, I think, really nasty. My first cup, I felt like taking it home to flush the drains - it was that bitter.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 09:01   Link #42
Umbrae
Generic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I'll have to try Chai Tea
Yes you will. Chai Tea is my personal choice. Although it is not much like tea. I blame that on the fact it is milk based. Good stuff though.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 09:36   Link #43
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I love tea. Drink at least 2-3 cups a day. Although, I put like 2.5 teaspoons of sugar in it...probably not to good for me but I couldn't care less. It's good stuff.

Last edited by OFFSPRiNGCo16; 2004-11-08 at 16:01.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 09:52   Link #44
7thMethuselah

Tea? I absolutely adore tea !

First thing I do when I get outta bed in the morning is prepare a cup of tea, I also drink several ones during the day and usually some tea while watching anime or tv or studying or whatever. I must be drinking around 5-10 cups a day, in fact the only other thing I drink besides tea is water, a bit of juice and some coca cola on occasions (rather rare nowadays).

My favorite tea? Well, I try all sort of tea, currently green tea is the one I consume the most but I also like black tea, earl grey, lemon tea, etc ... you name it. The only tea I can't stand is "Lindethee" which translates to Lime tea if I'm not mistaken. The way I drink it differs, sometimes the ordinary teabags sometimes leaves, sometimes other ways.

Btw you should try mixing tea's if you can, sometimes you get awesome results
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 09:58   Link #45
Bracken33

I drink a lot of rose hibs tea every day (about two litres) and I consume green tea in smaller amounts. I use no sugar or milk with my tea at all.
Other stuff I drink is coffee, beer and wine.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 10:34   Link #46
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Wow, a thread about tea now has three pages @____@!

I don't mind tea...I don't drink it alot though and I don't know about any fancy flavours...although I did taste chai tea in starbucks and I didn't like it...I hate cimanon or however that crazy word is spelt.
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 10:49   Link #47
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Tea... Yeah, I drink it. ^^

I usually try to limit myself to two cups a day, one when I get up to warm me up and one to relax just before I head off to bed. Of course, if it is a particularly cold day I might find myself drinking between six and eight cups a day. My regular staple and tea of choice is Red Rose tea although I'll drink King Cole when I get I'm able to get my hands on it (both are Orange Pekoe and Canadian made). Truthfully, I'm not all that pickey about my tea so long as its steeped well with no milk or sugar in it. ^^

Edit: I don't like mint or cinnamon teas. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 13:26   Link #48
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I like tea, however I don't like tea with sugar, milk, juice or whatever else too much. I just love the plain original chinese tea. My favorite are the "silver needle" tea ( ?? ) and Longjin tea ( ?? ) but the good ones are quite expensive, so I go with normal jasmine tea most of the time. Just put the tea leaves in a tea pot, put in boiling water, wait fifteen minutes and great tea!
I buy the "silver needle" tea on occasion at a speciality tea shop. Very expensive but the taste is exquisite. The color is very light kinda greenish. I'll never go back to tea bags. NSW is right loose tea leaves are better.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 13:49   Link #49
Tsu
Burorororou

Send a message via MSN to Tsu
I love TEA. Not as much as Diet Coke, mind you, but TEA is definitely my favourite hot drink... assuming it has enough sugar added... and no milk. As for my favourite taste - cinnamon vanilla TEA.

On a sidenote - coffee is evil.
Tsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 14:18   Link #50
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie
I buy the "silver needle" tea on occasion at a speciality tea shop. Very expensive but the taste is exquisite. The color is very light kinda greenish. I'll never go back to tea bags. NSW is right loose tea leaves are better.
Completely agree, I myself avoid tea bags as much as possible, loose tea leaves are the way! Tea brewed with tea bags have really messed up taste IMO, they lack in terms of aroma and unique flavor, and they usually taste very heavy and thick, lacking the clean taste of tea brewed with loose tea leaves. And yup those good "silver needle" tea have really high price, that I only buy about 50 grams every three or four months or so, and only brew it when I'm really feeling at the right mood of enjoying it
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 14:18   Link #51
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Hmmm, Coffee VS Tea, Well I like both but I see Coffee as the little Devil on my right shoulder and Tea as the little Angel on my left...

Depends on the mood I guess.

Tea is good.
Coffee is evil/ (But Evil is sometimes good)

Damnit! I can't choose! *Flips a coin*.........Ok I'ts definitly tea, the Gods of chance have chosen.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 14:51   Link #52
Athuran
Sporty

Send a message via MSN to Athuran
i rather Tea cuz Coffee let my teeth become yellow and i hite that thing >.<
Athuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 15:55   Link #53
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Yes I do. I frequently buy Benoist's tea at Ginza.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 16:11   Link #54
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

∧_∧   Everyone, tea is ready!
(´・ω・)
(つ旦と) ∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬∬
(_(_) 旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦旦

edit: A clarification for the two people who gave me bad rep for "spamming"... this isn't spam, you silly goose, have you ever been to 2channel?

Last edited by Shii; 2004-11-08 at 18:17.
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:07   Link #55
Ending

TEA is too crispy for my taste as I prefer sweets, like raw honey, thus I have ended up to juices and cocoa.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:36   Link #56
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirhe
TEA is too crispy for my taste as I prefer sweets, like raw honey, thus I have ended up to juices and cocoa.
You should come to my house for a nice cup of tea.

I'ts that sweet you have to go striaght the dentist's after one sip.^^

Not really but you get my point, my tea is sw33t!!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:39   Link #57
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
I usually drink a lot of plain water raher than other brevage, but when I'm in need of some hot stuff tea is always my first choice. My top favorit is a good earl grey (yes, I'm a classic, so what?)with or without sugar depending on the mood. I also like green tea, genmai cha being among my favorit for the strange flavour given by the various grains. I tend to try various tea when the occasion arises, but those are my favorit. But since my parents really drink a lot of tea, I always have plenty to chose from .

On a sidenote, they have this great tea shop in Paris called "Mariage Frères" that sells several hundred tea from all over the world as well as flavoured herbal mixes with prices ranging from 2 or 3 euros for 100g to an amazing 60 euros for 20g (with several others in the 70 euros for 50 g range....)
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:44   Link #58
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Pearl Tea = WIN! (^O^) It is so delicious! I love honeydew milk tea best!

However, I studied tea ceremony in school.
Traditional Japanese green tea is not the same that you buy in tea bags.
It has a very strong bitter taste, and you make it from powder.
We serve it with 'wagashi', which are sweets like dango, or mochi.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 00:29   Link #59
AnimeFangirl

Okay, so based on everyone's advice I tried some Jasmine tea today at dinner. Organic Green Jasmine Tea, to be precise. It was terrible!! I've never tasted such a "busy" tea before, and I didn't even add any milk or sugar to it. It had like 5 different nasty flavours all chasing each other through my mouth in quick succession. First there was this confectionary-type taste like candy gone bad (ugh) then a short bland period, then a heavy astringent taste, a little bitterness and then a weird aftertaste. Eeeek...what an experiece.

On the plus side I poured some of it into the beef broth I was having and it gave it this deliciously complex mix of flavours, mmm. I guess I found a use for Jasmine tea after all. A few minutes ago I bought some Pearl Tea to comfort myself, so I'm feeling much better now. Tomorrow, it's back to good old English Breakfast and Earl Grey!
Old 2004-11-09, 00:46   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Jasmine isn't everyone's cup of tea (pardon the pun), but it isn't all alike either. I've had some jasmine teas that I really didn't like either. There's a world of difference between good jasmine tea and bad jasmine tea.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote