AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 115 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-10, 17:32   Link #421
MalakTawus

@Gooral:

My bet is on Roxanne, mainly 'cause i have the feeling that she's the one leading the other two ('cause she's in the center and the other two are following her).....but of course it could be just a concidence that they are drawn in that way,lol.

Tbh if it wasn't for that last image i would have said that the strongest was Cassandra since Dae decided to revive her even if her body was very damaged.

..................lol,the more i think about it the more reasons i find why anyone between those 3 could be the strongest (even if those "reasons" are almost surely meaningless,lol)..........still my bet is on Roxanne!
Old 2011-06-10, 17:40   Link #422
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

While it's fun to consider (and I'll give my opinion shortly), one of the things that I like about Claymore is the fact that simply being 'stronger' than another person/opponent doesn't guarantee a win. Miria was certainly stronger than Clare in their first AB fight, but Miria got tore up while Clare made far more headway.

In some series that might become one of the "hax powers" (cf: Sharingan), but in Claymore it really feels more like "using the right tool for the job".

Therefore the greatest threat level has to be one that is the "right tool" for taking down Miria and her troops (leaving out Deneve et al, since they'll change the dynamics once they arrive).

Miria's specialties: excellent leadership; best while fighting in a group; phenomenal speed.

For one-on-one, the best tactic will be something to counter (or exhaust) her speed. However the initial encounter will be vs Miria's leadership abilities, and her ability to pick her -own- "right tool for the job" amongst those fighting under her, as appropriate to her opponent(s).

Based on my own previous guesses about their powers, I'd still place Cassandra as the most difficult to defeat in actual combat. However that's merely an issue of strategy and time, and completely containable as long as Miria doesn't freeze up.

But as far as actual threats go, I'd place my money on Roxanne. My previous guesses had her as one who can manipulate emotions (sort of the inverse of Galatea being able to sense emotions with her yoki reading), and someone who can do that can completely gut the foundations of Miria's greatest strength: leadership.

Consider someone like Deneve back in Pieta: a few well-chosen barbs, and she was well on her way to instigating a veritable barroom brawl. You can't really do that against well-focused and led troops with just a few words, but push it to the next level -- actual yoki manipulation -- and it could be a complete disaster in the making.

Make the enemy troops (Miria's forces, in this case) turn on each other, and it's just a casual sweep-up operation after that.

In a way, it would make her the exact opposite of Miria. Miria is strongest when fighting in groups; Roxanne is (maybe) the strongest when fighting against groups.

Having said all that, the 'real' most dangerous opponent will probably end up being Hysteria just to spite me (or progress in the standard order of such things). The old SubBoss 2, SubBoss 1, BigBoss order, where SB2 was actually the most dangerous, but the BigBoss gets all the attention and the final one-on-one showdown.
Old 2011-06-10, 17:51   Link #423
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Addendum:

The idea that someone mentioned about 'the Elegant' being related to her never having her clothing damaged, one could easily make a standard order of issues:

Roxanne: Strongest against groups; could be defeated with a small 2-3 man team that absolutely trust each other (Deneve/Helen/etc).

Cassandra: (almost) Can't be killed; could be defeated with the coordinated activity of a large number of Claymores that can collectively outlast her.

Hysteria: Can't be touched (never damaged in a fight); could be defeated by someone who could reach truly obscene levels of speed. One-on-one vs Miria.
Old 2011-06-10, 18:42   Link #424
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Any chance that Hysteria is thus far mispelled? or maybe, like Dietrich, Yagi messed up?

Compared to Roxanne and Cassandra, it sticks out the most for clearly not being a real female name.
Old 2011-06-11, 01:57   Link #425
Gooral
Banned

Wow, didn't think there would be so many replies. Awesome.

@Malak
I know what you mean. We have so little information that it's almost as good as having none. For now I would guess that Roxanne > Hysteria > Cassandra but knowing my luck it will be the exact opposite .

@Shiek927
It's not misspelled, first result after googling "ヒステリア" is this, lol. As for it not being a female name, in Polish "Hysteria" has a feminine form and could serve as a name for a female if not for the fact that it's some kind of disorder. But maybe for Japanese "Hysteria" spelled like this looks as good as "Anna" or "Beth" . Maybe Yagi's wife has her hair done in this hair saloon called Hysteria and what could be more feminine than that?

BTW, according to Dae each of the three should do a FAR better job than AEs so by that alone I would assume even one of them could defeat all of them (similar as Riguald could defeat everyone except Clare). Although Yagi probably won't kill Miria right off the bat and twins should also stand their ground. Maybe if zombies cooperated and exchanged experience (yeah, I wonder if they can do that) like AEs, instant kill could happen but I doubt we will see something like that. Initially I thought they will be mindless killers but now, after Dae mentioned about their personality being an issue I'm starting to doubt it (although it could have sth to do with established pathways in brain as I mentioned earlier). So I wouldn't be surprised if they played rock-paper-scissors and only one would be lucky enough to kill them and the rest would stay put and observe. Although it would be strange for them to have personality and not being shocked they rose from the dead and be so cooperative with someone they shouldn't know at all. But it would make it easier for Yagi to show us their abilities, having 3 of them fight at once could make this battle too chaotic. In Pieta they were divided so that each group would fight one AB and we were seeing each fight separately. Now it should be harder to do. With AEs around and only Miria and twins having enough power to survive more than few seconds against them it might pose a problem. Even if the twins would take care of one of them, Miria second and the rest third it would still be a huge mismatch. Even if Deneve could come in time I doubt it would change much. At least I hope that each one of these three (in Claymore form) is more dangerous than Riguald. I'm hoping to see a carnage and the ones who will survive this will be Yuma and Cynthia only, just so they could tell Clare what exactly happened.
Old 2011-06-11, 02:03   Link #426
little_angel
Watching From Above

well .. about the 3 number ones .. I really wanted to see Sistina the Divine Oracle .. I think she was an eye that no one till this day could beat her in reading yoki .. but anyway .. u cant complain about this any more .. so in matter of who is the strongest I agree with Kinematics .. the strongest isn't always the one to survive in claymore but the one who plays the cards the right way .. so I will go with Roxanne she seems to be the greatest threat here .. while Hysteria looks the most powerful (and looks like Teresa too) as she was mentioned first but I think Roxanne will play the biggest role here ..
Old 2011-06-11, 07:13   Link #427
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

It certainly is a better, safer, discussion then bringing up Raki again

Quote:
@Shiek927
It's not misspelled, first result after googling "ヒステリア" is this, lol. As for it not being a female name, in Polish "Hysteria" has a feminine form and could serve as a name for a female if not for the fact that it's some kind of disorder. But maybe for Japanese "Hysteria" spelled like this looks as good as "Anna" or "Beth" . Maybe Yagi's wife has her hair done in this hair saloon called Hysteria and what could be more feminine than that?
It wouldn't surprise me really if the name, or the names in general, were picked out because of something silly like that ; chosen purely on how the name looks or how 'cool' it sounds. I wonder how much the word, the disorder, will play into the character

Though on the topic of names, maybe I'm wrong...maybe, with a little research, we'll find that their is more symbolism behind the names that were chosen for each of the characters. I personally don't think so, since the names seem to have just been chosen without much thought ('coolness', again), with some like Riful or Rigardo completely made up -- still, we never know.

As for the lack of information, that's exactly what makes this topic, and Claymore as a whole, so much fun: speculation is the name of the game
Old 2011-06-11, 08:16   Link #428
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I think that Roxanne will be the strongest because her name sounds cool

And because of the song Roxanne by The Police

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-06-11, 09:56   Link #429
rafael1932
claymores pimp

The one capable to kill all of them is pris. I wonder if she gets to know the truth about the org by making some sort of contact with clare mind. If she gets to know then she will kill everyone in the org – even the ghosts because they are going to attack her and she will defend herself.

Putting pris aside the one capable to kill those numbers 1 would be miria because miata said that she was a number 1 but then again she is only 1 against 3. The twins are not that strong and are not dead already because miria have choice that. deneve and Helen, well I see them as a lower level if we compare them with the twins. The rest are just garbage( if we remember anatasia fight against those guys ).

Basically, or miria converts( by saying the truth about the org) these new numbers or they all are going to die. A scenery where the ghosts ( and the twins etc ) wins against those numbers 1 are a little bit too much, after all we are talking about numbers 1 / abissals power.

The mass murderer of the ghosts and the salvation of raki could be the return of clare and pris ( the raki will force the clare / pris to return somehow).
Old 2011-06-11, 13:12   Link #430
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
The one capable to kill all of them is pris. I wonder if she gets to know the truth about the org by making some sort of contact with clare mind. If she gets to know then she will kill everyone in the org – even the ghosts because they are going to attack her and she will defend herself.
IMO i believe that at least one of the Zombie number 1's is as strong or stronger than pris. They should be, they were the strongest Claymores every. and also i hate that b*tch Priscilla.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-06-11, 13:20   Link #431
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I have a stage felling that Miria is going to die before all this ends.

She has already fulfil her roll, unite all the Claymores against the Org.

She is going to get punched by Tabeta, but I can see Miria dying to save one of her comrades. She will say something like " This is the leas I can do for this live that was saved so many times".

Ok, maybe not, Clare won't be there. It would be to sad for Clare to come back, and then she is told that Miria died.
Plus it would be a wast of a Good X. lol
Old 2011-06-11, 14:12   Link #432
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Cassandra.... isn't she the one that had over 100 sword slashes to her body? I don't care what anyone says, she would have to be very powerful if it takes that much to kill her.
Old 2011-06-11, 18:14   Link #433
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
IMO i believe that at least one of the Zombie number 1's is as strong or stronger than pris. They should be, they were the strongest Claymores every. and also i hate that b*tch Priscilla.
No way, her power( pris) can only bring back lower yoki power beings or dae would use single digits to bring those number 1. Pris still the 1 among the 1’s.
Old 2011-06-11, 19:58   Link #434
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Wow! It's been a long time, since I last stopped by (9 months). I'm glad to see a lot of familiar faces are still here.

I've been keeping up with Claymore and man did this chapter blew me away. Of course, it's mainly because I've always been a fan of Raki.

I like to chuck in my two cents on the whole Raki "human or non-human" debate.

Some of you believe he's a Claymore, while some believe he's still human and others think he's something else. I fall in the last one myself.

One thing that keeps on bugging me is the ingredients in making a Claymore. The basic ingredients (going by chapter 1) is a human, yoma flesh and yoma blood. My question is what happens if you remove one of those ingredients from the concoction? For example, let's say Isley gave Raki some of his blood, but not his flesh? Would he possess some Claymore abilities, but not all of them? Would it make his scent different from others? The questions can go on and on.

That's what I think happened to Raki. Injecting some AB blood into him will give him some unique abilities, but won't be the same as what the Claymores have.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:28   Link #435
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I'll be brief: IMPOSSIBLE.

Quote:
That's what I think happened to Raki. Injecting some AB blood into him will give him some unique abilities, but won't be the same as what the Claymores have.
lol,that EXACTLY what i speculated time ago!!!
I'm glad to not be the only one to have considered this possibility.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:28   Link #436
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
No way, her power( pris) can only bring back lower yoki power beings or dae would use single digits to bring those number 1. Pris still the 1 among the 1’s.
Damn... you are right about that rafael. i just want someone to be stronger than Pris because i don't like her. i hope Clare kills her somehow.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-06-11, 20:40   Link #437
MalakTawus

Quote:
Damn... you are right about that rafael. i just want someone to be stronger than Pris because i don't like her. i hope Clare kills her somehow.
Claire is the only one that could be stronger than Prissy, but it seems that Yagi will torment us for a VERY LONG time before giving answers about this matter,sigh.
For how many more months Yagi intends to keep up the UNBEARABLE climax about Claire-Prissy situation???Dammit!!!
Old 2011-06-11, 20:54   Link #438
Nixl

Hmm, just reread the chapter and I just noticed how much the author seemed to foreshadow the possibility that the Zombie Crew can awaken. That seems a little cheap. Yagi just wiped the Abysmal Ones off the map and now we have the possibility of three new terrors that have the potential to become far worse.

I like how Dae posed the issue as, "as long as they do not fight a strong enemy (Priscilla) then the risk is low that they will awaken."(page 28) Jeeezzzz. I almost want to say that now we know at least one will awaken and Priscilla will be the trigger.
Old 2011-06-11, 21:41   Link #439
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Claire is the only one that could be stronger than Prissy,
that why she is using the destroyer. Right?

I fear if those 2 are left alone, after all:
Spoiler for Conclusion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I like how Dae posed the issue as, "as long as they do not fight a strong enemy (Priscilla)
you don’t need go that far. Miria is supposed to be number 1 material Judging miata words before at robona. She alone can force 1 of them to awake. Pris is more the claymore sniper – 1 hit, 1 kill.

Last edited by rafael1932; 2011-06-11 at 21:52.
Old 2011-06-12, 03:03   Link #440
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
I'll be brief: IMPOSSIBLE.(...)
The only thing that could convince me it's impossible is the fact that it was Prissy's arm that allowed Dae to resurrect them so they shouldn't have more youki than her. But if the arm was needed only to start the reaction, while they would have "fuel" in them already it would be another matter. And I wouldn't be surprised if it was like that. If Claymores can become much stronger than youma, whose parts are used to make them what they are then it wouldn't be that surprising that they could be stronger than Priscilla by the same principle. If there could exist Priscilla and even stronger Teresa then why wouldn't there be a warrior of similar strength as Priscilla? I've always wondered how come over 100 years they've managed to do only two such monsters (and in short intervals too) and maybe Yagi has an answer to us - it's not the case, they did make more monsters such as Priscilla (since Teresa was a goddess it's impossible to make someone stronger than her but someone stronger than Prissy is possible) but they were always dealt with. It wouldn't make sense if these warriors (while awakened) would be as weak as Riful or Isley or only slightly stronger since neither Priscilla nor Clare would have any problems defeating them. I think they were introduced so that Clare would have a worthy opponent.

Anyway, we know that Clare sealed Priscilla shortly after this black thing exploded and started sucking life of everything in it's reach (so if there was a fight it was really short). So even if Clare was taken out I would think she could do it again. I wonder though how will she escape from there? Probably she will be extracted by Galatea with the help of Miata and Clarice but as for how I don't have any idea now.
Closed Thread