Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 12:12   Link #61
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So, when Naruto said he had two suns... did anyone honestly think he was talking about his parents? My first thoughts were "Sasuke, obviously, and... Sakura? Iruka? Jiraiya?" It just seems odd that his motivation would come from his parents, when he just met them recently, and he's had his motivation since shortly after the series began.
After this arc who else could it be?
I mean of course it makes no sense since Naruto didn't even know them before a few days ago and spoke to them for about 5 minutes whereas the people who allowed him to turn alright were in fact mainly Iruka, Jiraiya and somewhat Team 7 but after all Kishimoto went through during this arc to portray Naruto's parents as saints they were the only obvious answer.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 13:46   Link #62
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Yeah, because faux Christian symbolism is totally an original product of America and isn't even seen in any other Japanese anime/manga titles...
Lol, you win But the Jesus-no-jutsu still puts me off ;-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Kyuubi breaking out = Jinchuuriki death (Kushina). Sealing it in Naruto = Minato. But the real reason = to make Naruto an orphan for the story's sake (so his friend no jutsu is super effective).
Here, here. I think you hit the nail on the head
Old 2011-06-23, 14:28   Link #63
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
on another note, Tsunade - hot :

I was thinking the same damn thing! She totally wants Naruto
Old 2011-06-23, 15:11   Link #64
qwertyuiopz

oh cmon i at least wanted tsunade to throw in a punch or two
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 16:05   Link #65
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I was thinking the same damn thing! She totally wants Naruto
argh... Naruto is the closest thing to Jiraiya too... i bet that she thinks in Jiraiya everytime she sees Naruto.
Old 2011-06-23, 19:36   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
argh... Naruto is the closest thing to Jiraiya too... i bet that she thinks in Jiraiya everytime she sees Naruto.
Not forgetting her little brother and past lover

Will our brocon/man eater Tsunade strike?!
Old 2011-06-23, 21:28   Link #67
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Will our brocon/man eater Tsunade strike?!
I would say YES!!!!.... young tsunade would fit perfectly in the manga.
Old 2011-06-23, 22:07   Link #68
Midnight Commander

Its kind of frustrating to keep being shown short sequences about great developments that are to come instead of finally seeing some great developments; I guess the build-up is part of what makes them great. Anyway, I can't wait to see what new tricks Madara has added to team-Pein, and how he fairs against Nagato with this jutsu. Which fight do you guys want to see more: Naruto vs. Madara, or Naruto vs. Sasuke?
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 22:21   Link #69
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Naruto vs. Madara, or Naruto vs. Sasuke?
Neither. Let Madara and Sasuke duke it out off screen. Naruto finds them both dead and takes the credit, then fights Kabuto.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 22:58   Link #70
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I'm not completely surprised. This is Naruto's first time applying his new Kyuubi Chakra mode in a real battle against a pretty powerful opponent. He still hasn't fully mastered it yet, which means Kyuubi chakra modes full potential has likely yet to be reached. What we saw was probably just a demonstration of how he's continually growing more and more accustomed to his new power-up with the more time he spends using it. A's speed admittedly has also probably played a part in pushing Naruto into improving quickly as well. For all we know, this may not even be Naruto's maximum speed while in this state.
That sucks man. It means more hax can just be randomly pulled out whenever to help naruto out b/c he's not at his max potential. When naruto met Sasuke again after they parted, Sasuke popped up in naruto and made the 9 tails explode. Can't a Sharingan user just do that again?..
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 01:31   Link #71
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
But Naruto ? Seriously ... I assume he came back so soon in the manga because ratings and sales have been dowhill since the war started (to compare with Bleach, Bleach's popularity was peaking after 6-7 months of war, Naruto's sales are already down by almost 20% after 2 "war" volumes published), but I doubt it's going to help judging the way it's going ...
Naruto reached climax too early during the Pain arc and Kishi has been clearly unable to build on the momentum ... The promising "kage summit" sucked and it has been going worse since then, so more and more readers are leaving ...
Naruto as a character doesn't move volume sales. He came back because you can only keep the main character out of the main storyline for so long. If Kishimoto wanted more sales he would have brought back Sasuke.

Volume #54, #55, #56 are all going to end up around 1.2 million in sales when we look back. I don't think anyone is tuning out the war in Japan. I do believe Kishimoto has made some suspect choices on who to focus on though. I know the Japanese fans weren't happy about the Kankuro and Darui fights and wanted no part of Choji getting spotlight. They like only one Team 10 member. Popular characters like Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Itachi, Minato, Gaara, and Kakashi get overexposed for a reason. People like them and are more willing to buy issues where they are featured. So it makes sense to write about them. But not Choji, Kankuro, and Darui.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I hope this is the set-up for Kirabi (and possibly Gaara (leave the 4th Kazekage to Temari)) vs. the other Jinchuuriki I've been speculating since they were brought back all those chapters ago...
Kishimoto loves pathos so Gaara is likely locked into his father. Expect flashbacks. Lots of them. With tons of daddy angst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Its kind of frustrating to keep being shown short sequences about great developments that are to come instead of finally seeing some great developments; I guess the build-up is part of what makes them great.
Well Kabuto springing Edo Tensei on us was a great development that we were able to see relatively quickly. Did those zombie fights live up to the hype? I expect the Pain Jin to be no different. Something that looks cool, but ultimately is just another distraction.

Interesting that two out of the six Pain Jin are female. Yugito and Fu are the most intriguing of the lot to me. Fu was the 7 tails jin. And Yugito seemed to have total control like Kirabi over her biju and was loved in Kumo. Great design and a strong female. But sadly only used as fodder to hype Hidan and Kakuzu.

I know some fans might have wanted to learn more about the jin, but I can see what Kishi is doing here. We are flashbacked out already. Learning about each jin's past would have just led to more flashbacks.

Last edited by Ulquiorra; 2011-06-24 at 01:47.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:22   Link #72
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
When naruto met Sasuke again after they parted, Sasuke popped up in naruto and made the 9 tails explode. Can't a Sharingan user just do that again?..
Probably not. That's got to be one of the unconfirmed advantages to his new power up as well. Naruto can apparently use Kyuubi's chakra regardless of Kyuubi's will to share it. So while Sasuke might still be able to appear in Naruto's head to suppress or deny Kyuubi's will with the sharingan, it should no longer matter or have any effect since his will no longer plays a role on anything involving his chakra. On another note, I do agree. Kyuubi chakra mode does sound like it can leave room for plenty more power-ups to come out of nowhere.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 02:41   Link #73
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Well Kabuto springing Edo Tensei on us was a great development that we were able to see relatively quickly. Did those zombie fights live up to the hype? I expect the Pain Jin to be no different. Something that looks cool, but ultimately is just another distraction.
Actually it was a terrible development right from the start that just proved how creatively bankrupt Kishi is. And it's no wonder that the zombies didn't live up to the supposed "hype."
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 03:56   Link #74
KidSoap

you are all using "talk no jutsu " his talk with A wasn't talk no jutsu at all. A tested his max speed against naruto he didn't just let naruto go from just words
KidSoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 04:38   Link #75
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSoap View Post
you are all using "talk no jutsu " his talk with A wasn't talk no jutsu at all. A tested his max speed against naruto he didn't just let naruto go from just words
Which he only did because Naruto talked his ear off for five pages (with a bunch of information we already knew, I might add).
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 04:40   Link #76
Killer Bee

Are we all positive that Naruto didn't perform the Flying Thunder God technique?

It could have been a bad translation but what was said was:

Raikage: "A yellow flash!"

Naruto: "You're right grandpa Raikage ... Like the last savior taught me to!"

Now, I'm inclined to believe that Minato taught Naruto the FTG technique as I don't see how it would be possible for him to have taught Naruto advanced speed in nine tail fox[NTF] mode.

In their[naruto/minato] ONLY meeting, Naruto hadn't even gained NTF mode yet. And even if he did Minato had no experience with NTF mode to give Naruto insight into it. The only thing that Minato would be able to teach Naruto would be the FTG technique or the body flicker ... with the latter being insufficient to dodge the Raikage at full speed.

I believe that Naruto performed the FTG, and I think others do to. I think they are just waiting for confirmation before they talk about it. It has to be something more than just NTF mode that dodged the Raikage. What would be the point of the previous chapter where they show that the Raikage could keep up with Naruto's NTF mode? It HAS to be something additional to NTF mode otherwise that whole acknowledgment was for nothing and doesn't make sense.

Naruto waited for the punch to get close just like Minato did, and then I believe he performed what he said his father taught him: the FTG.

Time will tell. Nice to visit these old digs again.

LATER!
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 04:50   Link #77
ronin myael
lost ronin

when naruto referred to his parents as the two suns in his life, i was reminded by the time when naruto confessed to sasuke that he was the first bond he has ever made. what about iruka? what is he, chopped liver? i thought he was the very first person who touched his life. if not for iruka he would have been completely alone. poor iruka.
Old 2011-06-24, 05:05   Link #78
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
I know its totally off topic but, you'd be surprise to know that most star systems acutally have two stars forming a pair. They're called binary stars. It was a binary star system that went super nova approximately 5 billion years ago that's responsible for the iron that exists on earth and in your blood today. Furthermore, these binary star super novas are a key event in astronomers calculating the rate of expansion for our universe.
I stand...reminded, actually, since I think I have read something on that somewhere before...But I was into the solar system when I was younger so I don't remember what else of space I was into, and I've read too much to remember anything as an adult anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
when naruto referred to his parents as the two suns in his life, i was reminded by the time when naruto confessed to sasuke that he was the first bond he has ever made. what about iruka? what is he, chopped liver? i thought he was the very first person who touched his life. if not for iruka he would have been completely alone. poor iruka.
Well, if mom and dad didn't fight off Madara and fend the Kyuubi, little Naruto wouldn't even be to see Sasuke or Iruka...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 06:33   Link #79
Aqua Knight

Change T and G in FTG and get FGT - final getsuga tenshou.
Old 2011-06-24, 08:04   Link #80
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Just noticing that jinchuuriki in leftmost panel has the MS pattern. So unless it was some kind of artist screw-up sayde's assumption that they have MS was correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Well, if mom and dad didn't fight off Madara and fend the Kyuubi, little Naruto wouldn't even be to see Sasuke or Iruka...
Not to mention how random it would've looked after Raikage and Naruto spend the entire time talking about Minato and Naruto suddenly bring up Sasuke (who A hates) and Iruka (who A probably doesn't even know exists). I mean, the whole sun metaphor was awful in the first place, but if they had to use someone Minato and Kushina were the ones most appropriate.

Also, let's face it. If Sasuke and Iruka had appeared as Naruto's two "suns" we'd never hear the end of how gay it was. As if it wasn't already bad enough with Naruto and Sasuke.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion