http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...de_18_opening/
ramengud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:34   Link #42
ramengud

release date is September 29
Old 2011-07-08, 21:24   Link #43
winkel

Definitely Infinity series in name only.

Though with an actual release date now, it seems that it might explain why Ever17 has been delayed...
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:26   Link #44
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

In 2017, the Tief Bleu virus was released right. It said it took 3 years to eradicate it and it took over 1/3 of the world population. Could it be that the plot will be actually be related to that? I mean this VN will be happening 1 year after Ever17 right?! So... could it be that the message from the future... and those time... stuff in the OP... be about the player trying to stop the 5 students' deaths from the damn virus?

If this will be in the same Infinity timeline, this could very well what can happen...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 16:05   Link #45
ramengud

I doubt it since it has different writers from the infinity series.
Old 2011-11-07, 16:07   Link #46
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Just finished this game today.

I gave it a 5.5/10. While it did have some good twists at times and it could get very emotional, the overall experience isn't really worth it. There's not that many twists (and I figured out one of the major twists before the first route was even over), the story is average, the OST is very forgettable, overall, it's just an average VN. I don't feel it deserves to be called an Infinity game, but as it's own VN, it's okay. Just leave the Infinity series alone, Cyberfront. We're good with what we have, we don't need any more unless you can bring back Nakazawa and Uchikoshi.

Though to be fair, the final twist surprised me, and I did like the final route. The vocal songs were also catchy, and I did like some of the characters a lot. My character order is (along with the rating I gave their routes):

1. Arika (9.5/10)
2. Hikari (7.5/10)
3. Hayato
4. Nanari (9/10)
5. Yuzu (6/10)
6. Tamaki (3/10)

Surprisingly enough, this game was actually linear (order was Hikari-Tamaki-Yuzu-Nanari-Arika).

The routes are mixed bags. I liked Arika and Nanari's, Hikari's was decent, Yuzu's was meh, and Tamaki's was awful.

Also, most of the "science" is pretty BS: they do try to apply some every now and then, but for the most part, it's either barely used or is just technobabble. Sometimes, it felt like the "science" was the rules of the Nasuverse. They did do a decent job with time travel mechanics, however, though even that's debatable.

It does contain some staples of the Infinity series in it, so that's a plus, though.

So yeah, I probably won't translate this, though I might change my mind. But even if I do, it'll be at the bottom of my list.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:36   Link #47
Elvin

Dayum. That bad, huh? It' be a shame if it's really the last of the series.
Is the main character voiced? I might enjoy it more now that I'm going in with lower expectations.
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:40   Link #48
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Dayum. That bad, huh? It' be a shame if it's really the last of the series.
Is the main character voiced? I might enjoy it more now that I'm going in with lower expectations.
No, he's not voiced... most of the time. He is voiced in one single scene, but that's only when an audio recording of him is being played.

And I found it more "Okay" than "bad", though to be fair, I might be partially biased because I'm a big fan of one of the types of plot twists that was used in this game (it's very hard to word it without giving it away, sorry if it sounds too vague). Anyway, it'd be best not to think of it as an Infinity game if you decide to play it.
Old 2011-11-07, 21:45   Link #49
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Also, if you want to read my in-depth review, check here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/93134...666466?page=31
Old 2011-11-08, 08:25   Link #50
Elvin

Where does R11 and 12R fall in your ranking scale, btw?
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 08:50   Link #51
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
Where does R11 and 12R fall in your ranking scale, btw?
R11: 9/10 (Originally was 8.5/10, but I gave it an extra half point after reading the Timeline). My opinion was that this was an ambitious VN, and had they put in a 3rd route, then it might have even rivaled E17, but loses points for the abrupt ending/ unsolved mysteries, having characters less likable than in E17, and the bizzare shift in art style between the character models and CGs.

12R: 7.5/10. My opinion was that while this story had a very good, complex storyline (I still feel that Uchikoshi must have been insane when writing it in order to pull it off the way he did) and a great OST, it was bogged down by too much exposition over actual events, pretty bland cast (the only character I liked was the villain, ironically), off-model CGs, and the fact that one of the three routes was pretty boring.