AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-26, 01:06   Link #1561
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
Indeed, I can't remember Ronove's meta-super being chainable like that before, then again I can't remember Kanon being up-boosted again, so I guess a lot of twitching has been done.

I can't wait for Rosa, that headbutt attack has done it for me now. Her gun seems more finisher-based than Siesta's though, + dual guns akimbo??
Makes me wonder if there is a Rosa x Eva Storyline coming.

Also teasing us with the DEEN-version of the Myth-battle, how dare they?

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:31   Link #1562
Oblivion

Some clairification. It is for the 360 that's great and all but it is going to be for sale in North America? Or is it a Japan exclusive game only?
Old 2011-07-26, 04:51   Link #1563
Joachim13
Finite Witch

I've never heard of Alchemist releasing a game outside of Japan, plus I haven't been able to find any trace of the DLC themes and picture packs on LIVE, so there probably won't be an offical NA release. One can still hope, but with the prices I'd much rather just play a (hopefully) fully patched OMK on PC for a cheaper price.

Makes you wonder if an American release would boost sales though for Umineko stuff. Blaz Blue is pretty popular, and I'd be happy to buy a VN based off of it. (Fill in any plot holes and such.)
Old 2011-07-26, 08:03   Link #1564
Xplosivv

Look what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VuN3pAIvoU

Ah, was posted in the MAD thread already.

Ah well.
Old 2011-07-26, 08:47   Link #1565
victorino123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosivv View Post
Look what I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VuN3pAIvoU

Ah, was posted in the MAD thread already.

Ah well.
It was already in the video/mads topic..
Old 2011-07-26, 08:49   Link #1566
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim13 View Post
Makes you wonder if an American release would boost sales though for Umineko stuff.
That's the opposite: you would require Umineko fame in order to sell Ougon.
Let's be honest here: Ougon is nothing close to classics like SF, MB, BB whatsoever. It was a balanced doujin game, sure, but it is not offering enough features etc that would make it an eligible commercial game.

Suffice to say, depending how 07th expansion tweek Ougon, it can turn out like a MB2 (melty blood was pretty bad before Re Act so heh). But as for now, it would be as shady as the likes of Phantom Breaker.

A western release would require the anime and/or VN mass release in order to pierce through the market.
Old 2011-07-26, 15:41   Link #1567
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

I'm hoping for someone here to win the lottery or something and fund a localization, it was being discussed in the Higurashi threadboard how supposedly low sale anime arnt actually that expencive to buy the rights to, granted it isnt something someone can do with pocket change and it depends wether the holders sell or not but still I like to have hope in that possibility. If Umineko and Higurashi franchises were taken over by fans theres a chance for Ougon to make it over though without the anime the best we can hope for Ougon is a translation patch
Old 2011-07-26, 18:00   Link #1568
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I'm sure that might be possible if enough fans put the money together. It probably wouldn't be feasible to release DVDs (at least not straight away), but a streaming site could work. It would be nice to be able to offer extras like concept art, clean OP/ED, etc. and it would cut down on the piracy.

Anyway, if something like that happens, getting Ougon Musoukyoku released in other regions is just another step.
Old 2011-07-26, 19:46   Link #1569
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Well hopefully some people decide to invest in it or someone wins the lottery, I know if I did the first thing I'd do is arrange a meeting to see if I can get them localized.

On the note of Ougon, how many people other than me swear at their screens as theyr getting their ass kicked over and over most likely by the unstoppable force virgilia who seems to be able to block without moving, my dad just got into a fit over it and assumes everyone in the world just bottles up any frustration until you burst blood vessles while I'm trying my best to avoid going back to that place, his suggestion of giving up isnt the kind of habit I want to get into either

So, let me feel like there are other people out there who rageface
Old 2011-07-26, 22:29   Link #1570
Joachim13
Finite Witch

Does anyone else know the possibility of a third new stage? The new OP showed a bunch of goats and Rosa towering over them in a wasteland like location, so perhaps we could get some new area that has a wasteland in the meta-world. The path to the beach perhaps? After all, the only CG with an actual background that wasn't a stage was when Eva dismisses Ronove.

Side thought: I wonder how much OMK2's illustration pixiv thing will affect the roster. I hope that means we'll get Zepar/Furfur as well as virtually every other fantasy character since they keep getting used in the illustrations...
Old 2011-07-27, 08:54   Link #1571
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim13 View Post
Does anyone else know the possibility of a third new stage? The new OP showed a bunch of goats and Rosa towering over them in a wasteland like location, so perhaps we could get some new area that has a wasteland in the meta-world.
I also saw Maria, so that's left me to wonder if Rosa's meta is going to be to switch with MARIA or use her to attack (Pull someone to pieces) or if Rosa's going to turn into the Black Witch.

Regardless, is there any of Meta-George or Rosa in the short clip of them? I notice two screens towards the end which "looks" like Meta-World, but they only appear for a short amount of time.

And i'd be more surprised if Rosa doesn't get her own stage, to be honest. The rest of the characters have one.

And off topic, but still no keybind D:
Old 2011-07-28, 17:28   Link #1572
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Rofl, did anyone else notice that in the promo battle video of OMKX that the Beato Virgilia battle at the end reenacted the battle from EP3?
Spoiler for Video:
Old 2011-07-28, 18:17   Link #1573
Shirozaki
白の魔法使い

Send a message via MSN to Shirozaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Rofl, did anyone else notice that in the promo battle video of OMKX that the Beato Virgilia battle at the end reenacted the battle from EP3?
Spoiler for Video:
Obviously the DEEN version.

AuraTwilight:
Congrats, you're a theatergoing witch.

You asshole.
Old 2011-07-28, 19:04   Link #1574
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
Spoiler for Video:

Hmmmm..... nope
Spoiler for Episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozaki View Post
Obviously the DEEN version.
Old 2011-07-29, 09:16   Link #1575
Ronove

Don't know if this is the place to post this but ...

Does anyone know where or how I can download that Opening for Ougon Musou X? I like it.
Old 2011-07-29, 09:43   Link #1576
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Let me rephrase:

Sites drop instructions like "block", "combo", "guard cancel", "63214ABC" as if they expect the reader to already understand all that, only going into how OMK differs from most other fighting games.

Is there any place I can find instructions on how to play, written for somebody who isn't already familiar with fighting games?
Old 2011-07-29, 21:46   Link #1577
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

I don't know of an external one, but I can take a shot at it.

Spoiler for Wow, this got super long somehow:

EDIT: Added a section on taunting and some throw-escaping stuff.

Last edited by LyricalAura; 2011-07-30 at 09:33.
Old 2011-07-29, 22:43   Link #1578
cronnoponno

Actually, taunting will restore a bit of your hp, therefore using it in a situation where you clearly can add it in is nice, an example would be if you use Chiester's Meta-Super while partnered with Battler, or if you're not fighting a character with good range and you knock someone to the other side of the screen, be it through their SP grab or something like Battler's meta-super.

Although it's a purely situational move, it's not something that should be added into a strategy against an actual competent player if you ever play online or anything, but once you start understanding the computer's AI you can get away with restoring HP.

Also on the mutual grabbing thing, I wouldn't advise training your reflexes to grab as soon as you've been grabbed, usually ''grab-escape'' is usually something I do to force them into a stale-mate when I'm in a situation where I'll be grabbed, not sure if people are actually skilled enough to dodge grabs otherwise, but the only time I ever get it is when I realize they're going to grab me, and I run to grab them as well.
Old 2011-07-30, 09:39   Link #1579
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
Also on the mutual grabbing thing, I wouldn't advise training your reflexes to grab as soon as you've been grabbed, usually ''grab-escape'' is usually something I do to force them into a stale-mate when I'm in a situation where I'll be grabbed, not sure if people are actually skilled enough to dodge grabs otherwise, but the only time I ever get it is when I realize they're going to grab me, and I run to grab them as well.
Yeah, the window for escaping is pretty small, like a couple of frames, so I think most people do it by predicting the opponent's throw instead of reacting to it.
Old 2011-08-01, 14:17   Link #1580
GAtakito

Hail sir, George-sama

Spoiler for Right in the face:

P.D. Genji & Gohda cameo
Closed Thread